2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Where are you playing tomorrow - Chicago (Round2)

DavePelz4

Anyone have a suggestion for a decent course along Route 57 from Champaign? Otherwise might be playing GDN around 2pm tomorrow. Will be in Champaign until noon and hoping to stop somewhere and tee off no later than 2:00 to get 18 in.

Why not play Stone Creek in Urbana before heading north?

I'll second the Stone Creek suggestion

Dammit! Meeting pushed back and won't get out for a hit today. Will check out Stone Creek next time. Thanks for the suggestions fellas.

[size=3]Vapor Speed Driver
[size=3]TaylorMade 2017 M2 13* FW[/size]
[size=3]TaylorMade 2017 M2 15* FW[/size]
[size=3]Cobra King Pro Forged Black CB/MB 4-PW[/size]
[size=3]Callaway MD2 Tour Grind 52/9, [/size][size=3]56/10, [/size][size=3]60/9[/size]
[size=3]TaylorMade TP Collection Berwick
[size=3]BOOM![/size]

First post on this forum. I'm from Naperville, live directly across Chicago Ave from Naperville CC.

I'll be playing HoE on Monday and probably practice tomorrow at Springbrook or Naperbrook.

Springbrook is mats only as they've just re-done the range. Fellow Naperhell citizen here...

Haha! Naperhell. I prefer Naperthrill. I haven't been here long enough to consider the place hell yet.

Springbrook is closest to me. I've never been to Naperbrook though. Tomorrow might be a good day to check it out

found this on Greg Martin's site:

Springbrook Golf Club

Mdp is completing construction at Springbrook Golf Course [above - top right]. The Practice Area is to be renovated including expansion of the practice tee, improved drainage, reorganization of the #1 tee and new practice putting and chipping greens.

TM SIM 10.5* - Ventus Velocore Blue TR 5S
TEE  XCG7B  3h  19* Ventus Velocore HB Blue 8S  
TEE  XCG7B  4h  22* Ventus Velocore HB Blue 8S
TEE  XCG7B  5h  25* Diamana Thump i465ct 4iron shaft
Wishon 560MC 5-PW (26,30,34,38,42.5,47) Recoil Proto 125 F4
Vokey SM7 50-08F S200 bent to 51*
Wishon HM wedges 56/60 Wishon Smooth steel Stiff
2013-2016 SC Futura X5R 33' flownecked by Bastain-cerakote sniper gray-silver dots-white flange sight line-SS Flatso 2.0

TM TP5x

First post on this forum. I'm from Naperville, live directly across Chicago Ave from Naperville CC.

I'll be playing HoE on Monday and probably practice tomorrow at Springbrook or Naperbrook.

Springbrook is mats only as they've just re-done the range. Fellow Naperhell citizen here...

Haha! Naperhell. I prefer Naperthrill. I haven't been here long enough to consider the place hell yet.

Springbrook is closest to me. I've never been to Naperbrook though. Tomorrow might be a good day to check it out

Give it a couple of years with the traffic and we'll see what you think! If you want a really good practice facility, go to Bolingbrook. It's about 15 minutes from where you live and has a great range and multiple short game areas.

I live in Naperville as well. Suggestion - if you want the best practice facility, go an extra 2-3 miles from Naperbrook and hit the Bolingbrook Go;f Club practice facility. Nothing else compares to it.

15 hcp

Regarding Fall Rates:

Cantigny and for those under age 35.....18 holes M-F, after Noon, is $65. 9 holes, anytime, is $35. Cart included for both.

Cog also decreased their prices.

Are you sure the young executive includes Friday after Noon? During season Friday was excluded from the promotion. I am planning on heading there this Friday and couldn't find it on the website.

Thanks

Anyone need a 4th Sunday morning? Let me know...

Will you bring a 5th?

ABSOLUTELY!

Qi10 Max 9* ~ TPT Nitro 17 Hi

TRS 2 15* Ventus Red TR 6s

TRS 2 21* Ventus Red TR 7s

JDM Cally X Forged star~ Mitsu OTi 95s 
Kyoei KK ~ Nippon 115
LAB Golf DF3~ TPT

Never tell a grown man how to spend his money...

Indian Lakes wasn't bad. Windy yesterday which made it difficult. A lot of sharp doglegs, so you just can't bomb it down the fairway. Would have played there again if it wasn't closing.

Playing Tanna Farms on Saturday at 10. Low of 42, so it's going to be a little nipply.

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

Playing Tanna Farms on Saturday at 10. Low of 42, so it's going to be a t** bit nipply.

Calling Tanna Farms a farm is way too nice.

[size=3]Vapor Speed Driver
[size=3]TaylorMade 2017 M2 13* FW[/size]
[size=3]TaylorMade 2017 M2 15* FW[/size]
[size=3]Cobra King Pro Forged Black CB/MB 4-PW[/size]
[size=3]Callaway MD2 Tour Grind 52/9, [/size][size=3]56/10, [/size][size=3]60/9[/size]
[size=3]TaylorMade TP Collection Berwick
[size=3]BOOM![/size]

Regarding Fall Rates:

Cantigny and for those under age 35.....18 holes M-F, after Noon, is $65. 9 holes, anytime, is $35. Cart included for both.

Cog also decreased their prices.

Are you sure the young executive includes Friday after Noon? During season Friday was excluded from the promotion. I am planning on heading there this Friday and couldn't find it on the website.

Thanks

Yes, you are correct. Same terms apply, just decreasing the rate $10 for 18 holes and $5 for 9 holes. Sorry for the confusion

Played Hilldale GC this morning...a little bit of rain on 3 holes. Course was in fine shape. Greens were rolling very nice.

Not too wet, 90* carts.

Qi10 Max 9* ~ TPT Nitro 17 Hi

TRS 2 15* Ventus Red TR 6s

TRS 2 21* Ventus Red TR 7s

JDM Cally X Forged star~ Mitsu OTi 95s 
Kyoei KK ~ Nippon 115
LAB Golf DF3~ TPT

Never tell a grown man how to spend his money...

Playing Tanna Farms on Saturday at 10. Low of 42, so it's going to be a t** bit nipply.

Calling Tanna Farms a farm is way too nice.

Agreed, glad to see I'm not the only person who severely dislikes the course.

Taylormade Qi10 9*

Taylormade Stealth 3w

Taylormade Stealth 19* Hybrid

Taylormade Stealth 22* Hybrid

Taylormade P770  5-PW

MG2 50/54

MG3 58

TM Itsy Bitsy

Harborside Starboard tomorrow. Why do I have a stinking suspicion that I'll get an email early tomorrow announcing cart-path only? The drainage on Harborside sux.

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

Big Run for me on Monday, I think this is my first visit to the course this year which is a record for me considering I've played probably 15 times there a year for the last few years.

Taylormade Qi10 9*

Taylormade Stealth 3w

Taylormade P770  5-PW

MG2 50/54

MG3 58

TM Itsy Bitsy

Poplar Creek...8:51.

45 degrees at tee time and shorts will be sported.

I hate pants, if it's too cold for shorts it's too cold for golf, of course I'll wear shorts in some pretty cold weather.

Taylormade Qi10 9*

Taylormade Stealth 3w

Taylormade P770  5-PW

MG2 50/54

MG3 58

TM Itsy Bitsy

So, I wake up this morning, and there's no email from Harborside. I jump on their website, and there are no warning symbol on the remaining Starboard tee times. So, I head to the course thinking that all is well. I pay my green fee in the pro shop, and nada. Of course I get to the 1st tee, and Hank the starter informs me that it's cart path only. WTF. I'm looking at a 5 hour round easily. Fortunately two of the three other players were no-shows, so it was just me and another single. We get to the 2nd green, having waited for the foursome in front of us on each shot. I take a quick ride up the hill to look what's ahead, and there's a group on the par 5 5th hole's teebox, and nobody on 6. No way I'm following a bunch of foursomes all day. I asked the single if he wanted to skip a few holes, but he declined. I told him, "Sorry", and headed to the 6th tee. It took me just over 2 hours to play the remaining 13 holes on an empty course. Sweet.

The course was as wet as I've seen it. The divots were ginormous. Luckily they were so big that they were easily replaced. I could have easily cut another 20 minutes off my round, but I was walking around replacing everyone else's divots. I don't understand why folks don't take a sand/seed bottle with them when they're playing CPO. At a minimum, go fetch your beaver pelt, and repair your divot.

The bunkers were total trash. They looked like George Dunne's bunkers before they redid them. Standing water in many of them. The greens on the other hand were fantastic. Speediest of the year by far, and rolling true.

Solid round ballstriking, with 11/12 fairways, and 8/15 greens. The winds were light, so finding fairways was fairly easy. However, there wasn't much roll out there, so I was hitting a lot of hybrids on my approach shots. Three birdies definitely helped the cause.

Idlewild CC tomorrow morning. Hoping that things dry out a bit.

Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge

I was looking to book a round tomorrow, how the hell does Harborside get away with still charging prime rates in Oct and some of these other courses still charging summer rates? I know a few years back it was easy to find a place to play on a weekend for under $50!

Taylormade Qi10 9*

Taylormade Stealth 3w

Taylormade P770  5-PW

MG2 50/54

MG3 58

TM Itsy Bitsy

I was looking to book a round tomorrow, how the hell does Harborside get away with still charging prime rates in Oct and some of these other courses still charging summer rates? I know a few years back it was easy to find a place to play on a weekend for under $50!

Other than the wet fairways (and normal trashed bunkers), the Starboard course is in very nice shape. The Port course was aerated last week, so they've dropped the rates there.

So, I wake up this morning, and there's no email from Harborside. I jump on their website, and there are no warning symbol on the remaining Starboard tee times. So, I head to the course thinking that all is well. I pay my green fee in the pro shop, and nada. Of course I get to the 1st tee, and Hank the starter informs me that it's cart path only. WTF. I'm looking at a 5 hour round easily. Fortunately two of the three other players were no-shows, so it was just me and another single. We get to the 2nd green, having waited for the foursome in front of us on each shot. I take a quick ride up the hill to look what's ahead, and there's a group on the par 5 5th hole's teebox, and nobody on 6. No way I'm following a bunch of foursomes all day. I asked the single if he wanted to skip a few holes, but he declined. I told him, "Sorry", and headed to the 6th tee. It took me just over 2 hours to play the remaining 13 holes on an empty course. Sweet.

The course was as wet as I've seen it. The divots were ginormous. Luckily they were so big that they were easily replaced. I could have easily cut another 20 minutes off my round, but I was walking around replacing everyone else's divots. I don't understand why folks don't take a sand/seed bottle with them when they're playing CPO. At a minimum, go fetch your beaver pelt, and repair your divot.

The bunkers were total trash. They looked like George Dunne's bunkers before they redid them. Standing water in many of them. The greens on the other hand were fantastic. Speediest of the year by far, and rolling true.

Solid round ballstriking, with 11/12 fairways, and 8/15 greens. The winds were light, so finding fairways was fairly easy. However, there wasn't much roll out there, so I was hitting a lot of hybrids on my approach shots. Three birdies definitely helped the cause.

Idlewild CC tomorrow morning. Hoping that things dry out a bit.

You were probably the guy that caught up to me on 15. I was first man out

It's been cart path only for 3 weeks now. I assumed it would be given how much it rained this week

Other than the wet fairways (and normal trashed bunkers), the Starboard course is in very nice shape. The Port course was aerated last week, so they've dropped the rates there.

I'm just complaining, I get why the courses are trying to get as much as they can while the weather is nice. I always looked forward to fall golf because the courses tend to be in nice shape and the rates in the past have dropped making the rates at the more expensive courses more reasonable. Seems this year they're all sticking with their summer rates.

Taylormade Qi10 9*

Taylormade Stealth 3w

Taylormade P770  5-PW

MG2 50/54

MG3 58

TM Itsy Bitsy