2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Official Taylormade M1 Driver Thread

Llortamaisey

I'm sure TM will take care of it, but they can't give you another perfect day for golf in PA in December!

The quality on that head is SHAMEFUL!

Well TM did not take care of it and are sending it back to me. They tested it and said it is actually hotter and better than a normal head. From the few swings I took it is anything but hot. Plus it has the beautiful acoustics of that glorious Nike Sumo Square.

So I spent $500 on a non conforming tin can sounding cosmetic mess. This thing looks like I bought it off the streets of Beijing for $100. I told my shop to tell TM to use it as a demo head if they think it's so great.

I am about as easy going as it gets but this has me boiling. Almost 3 months since I first ordered and still no driver. And when I finally do get it, it's the same piece of crap that I am not putting back in my bag. Hope my shop can get somewhere with his rep.

Thanks Taylormade

they tested the COR? Who TMAG?

With all manufacturing there are tolerances, +/-, to get heads closer to the legal limit they will produce some over cor, COR tested right at limit will go on the Tour Vans, others will be placed onto shelves to be sold.

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

3w Stealth 2 + 15* Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”  

2i TMAG P790 2i Hzdus 100g X  

Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) PX 7.0 Std Length -2 flat from Titleist Spec 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone swap the Black 15 grams and Red 10 grams weight? Put the black in the back track and the red in the front track?

Would it make you have a higher launch?

Don't think you can do that. The red weights have a flat back and the front weights are slightly curved that follows the shape of the front track.

I've replaced the front 15g weight with 2 - 9g weights and liked the results. Gave it even lower ball flight but mostly liked the heavier weight. I've since added hotmelt and went back to the original front weight and gives the same result with more muted sound.

That's interesting. I knew the black and red covers were different sizes, but I thought the actual weight part was the metal piece under that cover. So, the metal pieces(weights) are different sizes as well or am I completely wrong with all of this?

Where the cover and weight attach is different. The back track is flat so the "in between" the cover and weight, it's flat. The front track is slightly curved, so between the weight and cover it's also curved to follow the line of the front track.

Just remove the weights and you'll see the difference. They're east to take off and on. Not saying it won't work and you might make it work, but they're not designed to.

I could get the front weight out, but I couldn't even get the back weight out to try to switch them. Once I unscrewed the black cover on the front weight, it has a little play in it, and I was able to pull it out. Then, when I unscrewed the Red back weight, the metal weight piece under didn't seem to have any play in it and I could only slide it back and forth, but couldn't get it out. Has anyone else had a problem getting the red back weight out?

G430 max 10.5, Accra TZ Five 60s
Callaway Epic Super Hybrid 16, AD-IZ 75S
Callaway Rogue X 20, Oban Devotion 85S
Cobra King utility 25, Accra TZ6 95di
Ping I210 5-U, black dot

Callaway Jaws 56, W grind

Vokey 60, M grind
Scotty Newport 1.5

I'm sure TM will take care of it, but they can't give you another perfect day for golf in PA in December!

Well TM did not take care of it and are sending it back to me. They tested it and said it is actually hotter and better than a normal head. From the few swings I took it is anything but hot. Plus it has the beautiful acoustics of that glorious Nike Sumo Square.

So I spent $500 on a non conforming tin can sounding cosmetic mess. This thing looks like I bought it off the streets of Beijing for $100. I told my shop to tell TM to use it as a demo head if they think it's so great.

I am about as easy going as it gets but this has me boiling. Almost 3 months since I first ordered and still no driver. And when I finally do get it, it's the same piece of crap that I am not putting back in my bag. Hope my shop can get somewhere with his rep.

Thanks Taylormade��������

With all manufacturing there are tolerances, +/-, to get heads closer to the legal limit they will produce some over cor, COR tested right at limit will go on the Tour Vans, others will be placed onto shelves to be sold.

TM said they tested it and it is non conforming which is "great in their eyes." I'm not interested in knowingly playing a non conforming club. I'm not a pro or close to it but I do like to play by the rules. Over core equals illegal. TM is encouraging me to cheat. Plus it looks like a garbage knockoff.

TM said they tested it and it is non conforming which is "great in their eyes." I'm not interested in knowingly playing a non conforming club. I'm not a pro or close to it but I do like to play by the rules. Over core equals illegal. TM is encouraging me to cheat. Plus it looks like a garbage knockoff.

Not to speculate, but I have two very close friends who work(ed) for TM, and they both stated to me in a conversation that if they sold a non-conforming head that they would replace it at the customer's request. Are you sure you haven't come into contact with a knock-off from somewhere else?

Not to speculate, but I have two very close friends who work(ed) for TM, and they both stated to me in a conversation that if they sold a non-conforming head that they would replace it at the customer's request. Are you sure you haven't come into contact with a knock-off from somewhere else?

I completely understand your speculation. If I put this on BST it would be locked in 30 seconds for selling an apparent fake. Even though it looks like a cheap poorly constructed knockoff, I am sad to report that this driver was shipped direct from TM. Even sadder is that TM stands behind this driver and refuses to replace. Even sadder than that is I paid $500 plus tax for it.

It feels like the movie Boiler Room when the brokers were not allowing the clients to sell their stock. Except TM is not accepting returns.

Did TM use the words "Non Conforming"?

I hit the SLDR, M1, & M2 in my Golftec practice session today. After warming up in my lesson, I hit each 5 times, then went back to each one for 3 more hits. I used my tour green 65s shaft for all hits in the simulator. I've been using the SLDR 12* for this past golf season. All were set neutral at 12 degrees loft. HL in the m2. I wrote down distance & dispersion if it went left, right or middle of the aiming point on the screen. My ss is 98-100 mph. Average distances were for the 8 hits: SLDR 237.1, M1 243.5, M2 248.3. I didn't get spin #'s, I will next week, but found it interesting that the best for dispersion for me was the M2 as I had 6/8 down the mid. Just thought I'd share the info.....

Rogue 10.5* GDIZ 55s
Rogue 17* GDIZ 75s
Titleist H1 3H GDDI 85s
PXG GEN6 0311P 5-GW SteelFiber Private Reserve 110S
Vokey SM6 54-S, 58-M NS Pro Modus 105S
Toulon Austin Stroke Lab 34" Putter Pistol Grip

Chrome Soft/ProV1 

I hit the SLDR, M1, & M2 in my Golftec practice session today. After warming up in my lesson, I hit each 5 times, then went back to each one for 3 more hits. I used my tour green 65s shaft for all hits in the simulator. I've been using the SLDR 12* for this past golf season. All were set neutral at 12 degrees loft. HL in the m2. I wrote down distance & dispersion if it went left, right or middle of the aiming point on the screen. My ss is 98-100 mph. Average distances were for the 8 hits: SLDR 237.1, M1 243.5, M2 248.3. I didn't get spin #'s, I will next week, but found it interesting that the best for dispersion for me was the M2 as I had 6/8 down the mid. Just thought I'd share the info.....

were the M1 and M2 set up the same way? weight port for CG way back and neutral for face angle?

Titleist TSR4 /Ozik F6M2/Ozik TP6HD/EVO III FUJI/fuji pro 2.0
Cobra Ltd 3 Kaili 80

Cobra Ltd 5 Kaili 80 (sub :Cobra F6 Baffler 18.5 Kaili 80)
Adams XTD TI  22 Hybrid
Honma 757B Blades 4-pw . s300 xp 
Nike Vapor Pro combo AW 50*,Ping 3.0 EYE 54, 58 

Bettinardi SS 2 silver

Nike B1-05 Origin (Rare)
Slazenger 508/Kirk Currie KC02B

I noticed something interesting on the range yesterday with the M1. Maybe this has been mentioned before, but I can't read 80 pages of posts. When I had the forward/backward weight in the "all the way back" position, it sounded more muted and solid. When I moved it to the "middle" weight setting, it got a little louder and more of a tinny sound. I moved it back and forth a couple of times, and it definitely was more muted/solid sounding when the weight was all the way to the rear. Not sure if anyone else experienced this.

Ping G430 LST 9*, Ka’ili White 60

TM Qi10 15*, Ventus TR Blue 60
Ping G430 19* hybrid, Kai’li White 80 (or Qi10 5 wood)
Callaway Apex 21 4-AW, Pro Modus 3 Tour 120
Titleist SM9 52* F, Titleist SM10 58* D

Odyssey TriHot 5K Triple Wide
Titleist ProV1

I noticed something interesting on the range yesterday with the M1. Maybe this has been mentioned before, but I can't read 80 pages of posts. When I had the forward/backward weight in the "all the way back" position, it sounded more muted and solid. When I moved it to the "middle" weight setting, it got a little louder and more of a tinny sound. I moved it back and forth a couple of times, and it definitely was more muted/solid sounding when the weight was all the way to the rear. Not sure if anyone else experienced this.

I put 3 or 4 (I forget which) cotton balls into head, sounds MUCH better!

You can access the head by taking the shaft off, there is an opening into the head where the tip goes.

Haven't had the chance to tweak the head any but will give it a shot next time

[color=#0000cd][b]Taylormade M1 460 8.5* (2016) Tensei Pro Orange 70TX[/b][/color]
[color=#0000ff][b]TEE E8 Beta 13* 3 Wood Aldila Rogue Silver 70X[/b][/color]
[color=#0000ff][b]Callaway Razr X MB H Stamp 3-PW [/b][/color][color=#0000ff][b]DGX100[/b][/color]
[color=#0000ff][b]Titleist Vokey SM6 50* | SM5 54* | 58*[/b][/color]
[color=#b22222][b]Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 34" Super Stroke Slim 3.0 CounterCore[/b][/color]

[color=#0000cd][b]Callaway FT-9 Tour 8.5* iMix Fubuki Tour 63X[/b][/color]
[color=#0000ff][b]Titleist 681T 2-PW DGS400[/b][/color]
[b]Odyssey Protype ix #1 34" Super Stroke Slim 3.0[/b]

were the M1 and M2 set up the same way? weight port for CG way back and neutral for face angle?

They were.

Rogue 10.5* GDIZ 55s
Rogue 17* GDIZ 75s
Titleist H1 3H GDDI 85s
PXG GEN6 0311P 5-GW SteelFiber Private Reserve 110S
Vokey SM6 54-S, 58-M NS Pro Modus 105S
Toulon Austin Stroke Lab 34" Putter Pistol Grip

Chrome Soft/ProV1 

PS,

I have noticed the same thing.

How is the G30 LS V's M1 battle going? I came from the G30 LS to the M1 and, of course, look back to what I had.....hmmm. Like to hear your thoughts.

TM Stealth2+ 10.5 Diamana T+ 60s

TM Stealth2 15* TM Ventus TR 6-S 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

PS,

I have noticed the same thing.

How is the G30 LS V's M1 battle going? I came from the G30 LS to the M1 and, of course, look back to what I had.....hmmm. Like to hear your thoughts.

I had been leaning toward the G30 LS, but the sound of it is so loud it bugs me. I spent some time on the range with the M1 Saturday really trying to get it dialed in. After some tweaking, I was hitting it much better. Played 18 with it Sunday and had one of the best driving rounds I've had in a long time. Could be an anomaly, but if I play a few more rounds with the M1 that well, the Ping G30 may be history. I so much more prefer the look, sound and feel of the M1 over the Ping. The Ping is nicely forgiving, but I prefer the all other aspects of the M1. I had been playing the M1 in 9.5-10*, but after tweaking I ended up with settings of with 8.5* loft, weight all the way rear, shaft in upright position, and the heel/toe weight down toward "draw".

Ping G430 LST 9*, Ka’ili White 60

TM Qi10 15*, Ventus TR Blue 60
Ping G430 19* hybrid, Kai’li White 80 (or Qi10 5 wood)
Callaway Apex 21 4-AW, Pro Modus 3 Tour 120
Titleist SM9 52* F, Titleist SM10 58* D

Odyssey TriHot 5K Triple Wide
Titleist ProV1

I've owned an M1 460 9.5 since the weekend it came out. It's been ok for me, but after a few sessions with the Great Big Bertha 2015, I'm seeing consistently higher balls speeds in the Callaway and a much much better feel with more forgiveness across the face. Seems like everyone is complaining about the feel of the M1. Did the cotton ball trick help at all? I could do that, but worry about moisture. Obviously Hot Melt is the way to go.

[size=3]Taylormade SIM Max 10.5 Hzrdus Green 70[/size]
[size=3]Taylormade M4 3 wood - Tensei White Pro[/size]
[size=3]Titleist 818 H2 Hybrid 19 - Atmos Blue[/size]
[size=3]Titleist 816 H2 Hybrid 21 - Diamana D+[/size]
[size=3]Mizuno MP-20 MMC 5-PW - $ Taper [/size]
[size=3]Callaway X forged 56, 60[/size]
[size=3]Taylormade TP Red-White Ardmore 2[/size]

Thanks for the feedback PS. I need to move my weight back some and try that. On the monitor the M1 KK was the best club for me against GBB, Titleist D3, and my G30 LS. Of course, I am interested in the G LS after reading all the Gear Trials. The GBB just spun too much for me as does the XR16's.

The hotmelt really makes the M1 feel and sound even better. I can't wait to try it with the weight all the way back and see what it sounds like. Playing Friday and will post something after.

TM Stealth2+ 10.5 Diamana T+ 60s

TM Stealth2 15* TM Ventus TR 6-S 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

I've tried a number of shafts in the M1, but I keep going back to my cheap bomber!

AeroBurner 12* with old school 44'' Grafalloy Blue X tipped 1.5 inches.. It's working right now.. :)

I've tried the M1 with:

Tour AD DI 6

Tour AD MT 6

Tour AD BB 6

Grafalloy Blue

Fubuki

Speeder

and a few others.. Just haven't fallen in love yet.

I'd like to swap our the 9.5* and give the 10.5* a try.

I've tried a number of shafts in the M1, but I keep going back to my cheap bomber!

AeroBurner 12* with old school 44'' Grafalloy Blue X tipped 1.5 inches.. It's working right now.. :)

I've tried the M1 with:

Tour AD DI 6

Tour AD MT 6

Tour AD BB 6

Grafalloy Blue

Fubuki

Speeder

I'd like to swap our the 9.5* and give the 10.5* a try.

Don't tell anyone that a cheap driver is a bomber! I take it that you tested the M1 in a 12 degree also? Try the M2 with added head weight with those shafts against your old bomber and see what happens

I went to golfsmith yesterday to play around on the monitor since the weather in Atlanta sucks. I too had set my M1 on the "mid" spin setting and the feel and sound were terrible. I found the feel and sound to be the most muted with the track all the way towards the face and a close 2nd was with it all the way back. Of course, you should probably play whatever setting gives you the best performance, but it was a noticeable difference in feel.

[size=3]Taylormade SIM Max 10.5 Hzrdus Green 70[/size]
[size=3]Taylormade M4 3 wood - Tensei White Pro[/size]
[size=3]Titleist 818 H2 Hybrid 19 - Atmos Blue[/size]
[size=3]Titleist 816 H2 Hybrid 21 - Diamana D+[/size]
[size=3]Mizuno MP-20 MMC 5-PW - $ Taper [/size]
[size=3]Callaway X forged 56, 60[/size]
[size=3]Taylormade TP Red-White Ardmore 2[/size]

I've tried the M1 with:

Tour AD DI 6

Tour AD MT 6

Tour AD BB 6

Grafalloy Blue

Fubuki

Speeder

I'd like to swap out the 9.5* and give the 10.5* a try.

Don't tell anyone that a cheap driver is a bomber! I take it that you tested the M1 in a 12 degree also? Try the M2 with added head weight with those shafts against your old bomber and see what happens

Haven't tried the M1 in 12*.. I had the R15 in 10.5* and liked it. Currently looking for the same in the M1.

Lol.. It only works if it costs $500+ right...? :) :)

What stock shaft options have everyone had the best luck with low spin?

I already owned tour issue 125 MSI rogue silver tipped .5 inch with TM adapter.

Spin on LM was 2100-2600 depending on shot shape--draw or cut.

Ordered M1 with stock 95 MSI rogue black tipped 1.5 inches.

I'm surprised how similar these are. Easier to turn the black over but same trajectory and distance on the course.

Actually can't believe it...but no LM monitors to prove numbers on black.

Rogue is a great low spin stock option.

Best advice...invest in a fitting! I've been able to use last summers fitting to justify some of my club ho'ing purchases this winter and feel confident with choice...eek

I really love my M1 AD-MT 6X combo, but my curiosity has gotten the best of me and I have a Cobra LTD with HZRDUS 75 X coming....
let me know if you decide to sell the mt6x

Driver(s) - TSR3 Ventus Red 6s and G430 Ventus TR 6x

TSR2 15* Di7s

Sim 2 19* / Tensei AV Blue 85s

Sim2 22* / Tensei AV Blue 85s

MP18 MMC 5-Pw

SM8 50* 

Jaw Raw 54s  

Vokey SM8 M Grind 59*

Spider Plumber's Neck

Callaway Chrome Tour X