2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Video Games

mwink822

The Modern Warfare remastered campaign is unbelievable. Im not gonna spoil it for anyone but if your buying Call of Duty this year, you better buy the legacy edition.

Raven Software did a fantastic job remastering a classic

Are they going to release just the remastered version of CoD4? I have 0 desire to play whatever the new one is, but all the time spent playing S&D on CoD4 would be fun to do again on a XB1.

As of right now...no. Its a genius marketing idea they have by doing this. Is it frustrating? Oh yeah to us the fans, we view it as the company just looking to grab cash from us

But...my philosophy is you cannot put a price tag on certain things...and this is one of them. $80 is pretty fair for the new game (ive bought the past three hardened edition games) and you certainly wouldn't be disappointed

I've heard some reviews of the Infinite Warfare beta that its really really bad. I'll probably save my money on CoD, may go grab Battlefield 1 as its getting rave reviews.

I played the beta. It was alright, nothing special about it. I only bought it already so I can get Modern Warfare which looks off the charts...again. I cant wait for the remastered Modern Warfare

Driver: Tour Issued TaylorMade M4, 9.1 Deg // Matrix VLCT 60g X flex
3 Wood: Tour Issued TaylorMade M1, 3HL 17.1 Deg // Diamana D+ 82g X flex
3 Iron: Adams DHY 21 Deg // Matrix White Tie 83g X Flex
Irons: TaylorMade MC (2011) 4-PW // Project X 6.5
Wedges: Callaway MD4, 52, 56 & 60 // TT DG Tour Issued S200
Putter: Ping Scottsdale TR Anser 2 
Bag: Titelst StaDry

Grip: GolfPride MCC Team Red/Yellow (Calgary Flames colors)

For those you looking for old school gaming or something new, we have an awesome locally owned video game store from Buffalo, NY. It's called Oogie games. Just some warning: It's addicting buying old school gaming. Lol. I have an NES from 85 with about 20 some games and I'm looking to expand my collection and purchase a Super Nintendo. I always wanted an original Sega master system but that's outside of my means at the moment. Here's the site:

http://www.oogiegames.com

I'm currently playing Mafia 3 which is a great game but IMHO has been rushed to release. The soundtrack in phenomenal and the game is very accurate for the time period. It definitely needs a patch to fix the bugs that it has. On deck is the Division. I can't wait to start playing that.

Thoughts on Battlefield 1?

I've played about 30 minutes of BF4 and hated it, but I was super into COD at the time. Now that I've maxed my Destiny characters and nothing is expected for that until next year about this time, I decided to give it a whirl. So far I like the multiplayer but its very different from what I'm used to. Played 2 of the story missions and they were both insane.

TBD - G430 Max 15* - 818 H2 19*- Sub 70 Pro 23* - i525 6-U - SM9 54* / 58* / 62*  - F22

I've played about 30 minutes of BF4 and hated it, but I was super into COD at the time. Now that I've maxed my Destiny characters and nothing is expected for that until next year about this time, I decided to give it a whirl. So far I like the multiplayer but its very different from what I'm used to. Played 2 of the story missions and they were both insane.

BF1 is one of the best games I have played. I actually canceled my COD pre order. That being said I'm not anywhere near good at it, but it's much more challenging than most shooters. It's way more realistic to the point where you need to judge distance, lead people etc. I enjoy how much of the game is a challenge and is something new to me as I've never played any of the BF games prior. The one downfall is how long the games take to play, but it makes a close match that much more intense.

BF1 is one of the best games I have played. I actually canceled my COD pre order. That being said I'm not anywhere near good at it, but it's much more challenging than most shooters. It's way more realistic to the point where you need to judge distance, lead people etc. I enjoy how much of the game is a challenge and is something new to me as I've never played any of the BF games prior. The one downfall is how long the games take to play, but it makes a close match that much more intense.

The more I play it the more I like for sure. I do recommend trying the domination style games. They usually last between 8-11 minutes max from what I've seen. I might play like Rush or some of the longer gametypes with 4-5 person squad. Otherwise those games become too much if you're going in solo and the other team has 2 5 man squads and are controlling all the tanks the entire game. Domination doesn't have any vehicles and the maps are cut way down, which I actually prefer, but its still 12-12, so plenty of action.

TBD - G430 Max 15* - 818 H2 19*- Sub 70 Pro 23* - i525 6-U - SM9 54* / 58* / 62*  - F22

The more I play it the more I like for sure. I do recommend trying the domination style games. They usually last between 8-11 minutes max from what I've seen. I might play like Rush or some of the longer gametypes with 4-5 person squad. Otherwise those games become too much if you're going in solo and the other team has 2 5 man squads and are controlling all the tanks the entire game. Domination doesn't have any vehicles and the maps are cut way down, which I actually prefer, but its still 12-12, so plenty of action.

Made the switch from COD after MW2 to BFBC2 then BF3 (GOAT BF imo) then BF4 and now BF1 and I haven't looked back. The realism, graphics and mechanics of the dice engine keep me coming back. Yes they are harder but thats because its not run and gun its more tactical and you have to PTFO. That being said many complain bout BF's difficulty because It originally stemmed from PC gaming which imo is much harder than console gaming. Operations in BF1 is awesome and as someone who is a WWI buff I love that they added tons of historical information about it in the game.

Taylormade M2 10.5° [color=#0000ff]Graphite Design AD-BB 7x[/color]
Titleist 913 FD 15° [color=#a9a9a9]Diamana 'Ahina 70x[/color]
Titleist 716 AP2 3 iron [color=#a9a9a9]Accra 110i[/color]
Titleist 716 MB 4-PW [color=#0000ff]Project X 6.0[/color]
Vokey [color=#000000]Jet Black [/color]SM7 52° 56° 60° [color=#000000]S400 Tour Issue Black Onyx[/color]
Scotty Cameron Newport [color=#daa520]Teryllium[/color] Sole Stamp

The battlefield game is unreal if modern warfare remastered wasn't such a solid game, I would be on the Battlefield 1 train too

Driver: Tour Issued TaylorMade M4, 9.1 Deg // Matrix VLCT 60g X flex
3 Wood: Tour Issued TaylorMade M1, 3HL 17.1 Deg // Diamana D+ 82g X flex
3 Iron: Adams DHY 21 Deg // Matrix White Tie 83g X Flex
Irons: TaylorMade MC (2011) 4-PW // Project X 6.5
Wedges: Callaway MD4, 52, 56 & 60 // TT DG Tour Issued S200
Putter: Ping Scottsdale TR Anser 2 
Bag: Titelst StaDry

Grip: GolfPride MCC Team Red/Yellow (Calgary Flames colors)

think you guys have me talked into trying BF1...especially if the campaign is legit as i don't play multiplayer. Don't have a ton of time with video games but if this game is as good as you say it is i think i'll give it a shot

Ping G400 LST 10 w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 75g
TM M2 3HL w/ Rogue Black 70 S
Cobra F8 19*
J15CB w/ Modus 120X 4-P
Cleveland RTX3 CB 50 54 58
TM Spider Tour Black w/ T-sightline 36" 

This was good

[media=]

[/media]

Top 3 RPG of all time IMO. My favorite is Phantasy Star IV on Sega Genesis. Skyrim has to be top 3. But Baldur's Gate, BG2 Dark Alliance, Champions of Norrath: Realms of Everquest and Return To Arms were some of the most fun, best multiplayer RPGs ever made. Shared screen battling, trading with buddy. Continuous gaming. We would just play and play and play for hours. Loot loot loot. So good.

Edit...should add that I think Dragon Age and Dragon Age Origins were up there too. I miss the good old RPG's. This new generation is seriously lacking and only rehashes old games all over again. ESO was ok. Inquisition ok. but too many "Shooters RPG's" keep filling that spot at developers. I want games like Reckoning, Phantasy Star Online, even Fable. Enough of this action adventure or shooter RPG crossover. I mean, Destiny and Division are ok. Mass Effectish. but I like the classic RPG's. And this console generation just seriously lacks them.

TaylorMade Qi10 LS 9° w/ PX HZRDUS Gen4 Black 75 6.0

TaylorMade SIM ROCKET 14.5° w/ PX Handcrafted EvenFlow Black 75 6.5

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Rescue 3-19° w/ PX RDX Smoke 90 6.5

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Rescue 4-22° w/ PX RDX Smoke 90 6.5

Srixon ZU85 5 26° w/ PX RDX Smoke 100 6.5

Srixon ZX7 6-PW w/ Nippon Modus Tour125 X

Cleveland 588 RTX 52° w/ Nippon Modus Prototype C10 S
Srixon WG-706 56° w/ Nippon Modus Prototype C10 S
Scotty Cameron SSS Circle T Newport Beach w/ UST Frequency Filter

Just finished Mafia 3 and I can't wait for the DLC to come out. Now comes the hard part: do I go back and finish Fallout 4 DLC or do I start the division?

Fallout DLC. I loved it. The only thing I have left to do is the Brotherhood of Steel stuff. I love that game.

I AM AN FBI AGENT!!!!

Heard that as well. Played the Division once and the guns are nerfed so hard. Took a whole mag to kill someone. Is Mafia III as good as everyone says it is? Should I play Mafia I and II first?

Taylormade M2 10.5° [color=#0000ff]Graphite Design AD-BB 7x[/color]
Titleist 913 FD 15° [color=#a9a9a9]Diamana 'Ahina 70x[/color]
Titleist 716 AP2 3 iron [color=#a9a9a9]Accra 110i[/color]
Titleist 716 MB 4-PW [color=#0000ff]Project X 6.0[/color]
Vokey [color=#000000]Jet Black [/color]SM7 52° 56° 60° [color=#000000]S400 Tour Issue Black Onyx[/color]
Scotty Cameron Newport [color=#daa520]Teryllium[/color] Sole Stamp

Mafia 3 is the real deal. They just patched the game and it's a shooter/RPG game IMHO because the storyline is so engrossing. You can go so many ways with it. Also I have Battlefield 1 on the way as a gift so that's after I play the Division. The Division is good and I'm going to fly solo for as long as I can and then party up. I've always loved Tom Clancy video games because they're always challenging to say the least. Not like COD where you play it on medium and it's a cake walk.

• 2 weeks later...

I just picked up Rise of the Tomb Raider and I must say, I dig it. Kinda makes me want to get a PS4 Pro though to see what it looks like in 4K display. I also just got Final Fanyasy XV, but haven't played it. Yet.

Titleist TS4 8.5* Diamana D+ LTD 70 X
Titleist 917F2 18* (turned down to 17.25*) Diamana S+ 80X
4 - 718 Titleist AP3 Project X 6.0
4-P 718 Titleist AP2 Project X 6.0
White Satin Mizuno MP T7 51-08 Modus 3 105X
Blue Ion Mizuno MP T7 55-09 Modus 3 105X Soft Stepped
Blue Ion Mizuno MP T7 59-09 Modus 3 105X Soft Stepped
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Fastback 1

Picked up Battlefield 1 and Skyrim Remastered over black Friday. I am loving the single player on BF1, but the multiplayer is insane! Sometimes you can't walk 10 feet without getting killed.

TSi2 10* w/ Trono 65x set at C1

TSi2 16.5* w/ Trono 75x set at C1

TSi2 18* w/ GD Tour AD BB 7s set at C1

VEGA VDC-01 Raw 4-P w/ Modus 120S

Edel SMS 52 T Grind

Edel SMS 56 T Grind

Edel SMS 60 T Grind

LAB DF 2.1 w/ Stability Shaft

Bridgestone Tour BXS

I have been watching a couple lets play of FF XV and it looks really good. Might have get it around christimas time

Pro Caddie & I teach golf

Driver: PXG 9* ; HZDRUS Handcrafted 63 6.0

Long Game: PXG 13*, PXG 16*; HZDRUS Handcrafted 83 6.5 (flip between the two)

Driving Iron: PXG 0311 4 iron bent 17.5*; ProForce VTS 100HX 

Hybrid: PXG Gen 1 19*; HZDRUS Handcrafted 100 6.5

Irons: NIKE CB 4-PW Raw finish ; Aldila RIP Tour SLT 115 Tour Stiff (.25 inch gapping)

Wedges: Titleist SM9 50*, 54*; True Temper DG S300 (36 inches)

L-Wedge: Custom 60*; KBS Tour Stiff (36 inches)

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Design #5 35 inches: Super Stroke GP Tour

Ball: ProV1x

I scored Madden 17 for 30 bucks on black Friday afternoon. I also got a good friend Uncharted 4 but I paid full price but split the cost so 30 bucks is my cost. Madden 17 had truly blown me away. I never buy sports games because they're pretty much worthless come next year. The previous Madden I had was 15 and I traded that in. I've become more of a collector than a buyer over the last year. I have the following:

NES, SNES, Wii and Xbox one.

I had a bunch of older games and hardware lying around and I traded it in for the SNES. I want Super Tecmo Bowl but it's not cheap anywhere at this point.

I scored Madden 17 for 30 bucks on black Friday afternoon. I also got a good friend Uncharted 4 but I paid full price but split the cost so 30 bucks is my cost. Madden 17 had truly blown me away. I never buy sports games because they're pretty much worthless come next year. The previous Madden I had was 15 and I traded that in. I've become more of a collector than a buyer over the last year. I have the following:

NES, SNES, Wii and Xbox one.

I had a bunch of older games and hardware lying around and I traded it in for the SNES. I want Super Tecmo Bowl but it's not cheap anywhere at this point.

I have Tecmo Super Bowl. I also have Tecmo Super Bowl 3 (terrible). I will let you borrow it if you let me borrow your copy of Stadium Events on NES!

I AM AN FBI AGENT!!!!

I don't have Stadium events Billy. Lol. I did have Tecmo Bowl for PlayStation one and it was horrible. When they lost their license agreement with the NFL, that game went down hill. As far as retro gaming is concerned, I'd like to get a Sega Master System with Nightmare Basketball and some other titles. In due time as they say.

Well, I just started in on Final Fantasy XV with the free time that would ordinarily have been golf time (thanks cold weather!) and I must say, it's certainly different than previous Final Fantasy titles. I'm still trying to get used to the real time combat system as compared to the more conventional turn based systems that have been used in past entries. It's a little slow to start but, I like it for the most part thus far.

From what I gathered watching the trailers is the game is trying to go to the Final Fantasy 7 days which, IMHO, is one of the greatest in the series. That game is legend.

Just my opinion, I find Final Fantasy XV to be entirely different from Final Fantasy VII. Leveling characters is different, battle system is totally different and how you get around is entirely different. There are always some things that are similar in FF titles, but I don't see a whole lot of game play mechanics that are similar between the two except perhaps for having a chocobo racing mini game again. I'd say that the more identifiable elements are from Final Fantasy VIII, X, and the XIII series.

• 3 months later...

I guess I'll dust this off again. We had a snap of inclement weather last week that had all of my court commitments rescheduled, and due to power outages in the neighborhood where my office is, I got to spend a little quality time with my newest game infatuation, specifically Ghost Recon: Wildlands. I must say, I really like it. It's a lot of what I liked about the Division, but in a more expansive world. One possible downside, it doesn't have a competitive multiplayer area, however, if it was going to be anything like the Dark Zone in the The Division, it would have been entirely unplayable.