Paige Spiranac?

Endres

I saw the golf channel is having her on tonight; continuing their trend of social media garbage. It's become the trick shot golf channel.

Callaway BBV 10.5 Neutral w/ 44.5 inch Motore 565 speeder shaft stiff
Callaway BBV 3 Wood, 15.5 stiff, 5 Wood 19 stiff
Callaway X2 Hot 19 Hybrid stiff
Callaway X2 Hot 4-PW
Ping Glide 50 SS
Cleveland CG16 , 56
Wilson Staff Grant Park Putter

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just figured out who she looks like, reeve steencamp, or whatever her name is , i forgot. she was that model that was murdered by her husband who is the guy with no legs in the olympics?anyone agree

[size=4][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][b]DRIVER[/b]- Callaway Rogue Oban Tour Limited 60s
[b]3 WOOD[/b]- GBB Epic Oban Kiyoshi Gold 75s
[b]HYBRID[/b]- Titleist 818 H1 19/23 Hybrid Atmos HB Tour Spec 85s
[b]IRONS[/b]- Srixon 765/565 Nippon Modus 105s
[b]GAP[/b]- Callaway MD4 Chrome 52 Modus 105
[b]SAND[/b]- Callaway MD4 Chrome 54 Modus 105
[b]LOB[/b]- Callaway MD3 Chrome 58 Modus 105
[b]PUTTER[/b]- Bettinardi Queen Bee #6
[b]BALL[/b]- Callaway Chrome Soft X[/font][/size]

ugh... golf channel sucks. I've watched about 5 minutes her and they keep touting her tour win. Breed spending most of the time with a puzzled look on his face...like, what is she talking about...

Callaway Ai Smoke TD Max driver

Callaway Ai Smoke TD 3 wood

Adams tour proto 20 hybrid

Callaway Apex CB 24 (4-pw)

Vokey sm9 52/58 wedges 

Scotty fastback 1.5 putter

What a joke. She posts pictures that are flagrantly attention-seeking and begging for objectification and then cries when she gets the attention. The worst kind of person.

Unreal. "Why am I getting all of this attention?!" asks the girl with fake boobs and hundreds of half-naked selfies

Hard to argue with that.

Golf is a high skill international sport. To get respect you need measure up. We expect a high level of competence from jobs that require a lot of skill - doctors, lawyers, computer programmers, classical orchestral musicians and so on. It's inevitable that those who don't meet the required skill level don't get the right level of respect. Even if we set the required skill level for the LPGA at Rolex top 100, Spiranac is nowhere near it.

Spiranac is pretty much to golf what a karaoke singer is to a top operatic soprano.

What a ****head comment.

Care to explain how its wrong?

Lets play two truths and a lie

She is attractive

She can play golf at LPGA level

She has done a fantastic job creating a brand

I don't begrudge her, she's identified her strengths and has taken advantage of them

M2, maybe
915 FD
913 HD
712u 3
714 AP2 4-p
SM5 53, 59
Circa62

What a joke. She posts pictures that are flagrantly attention-seeking and begging for objectification and then cries when she gets the attention. The worst kind of person.

Unreal. "Why am I getting all of this attention?!" asks the girl with fake boobs and hundreds of half-naked selfies

Hard to argue with that.

Golf is a high skill international sport. To get respect you need measure up. We expect a high level of competence from jobs that require a lot of skill - doctors, lawyers, computer programmers, classical orchestral musicians and so on. It's inevitable that those who don't meet the required skill level don't get the right level of respect. Even if we set the required skill level for the LPGA at Rolex top 100, Spiranac is nowhere near it.

Spiranac is pretty much to golf what a karaoke singer is to a top operatic soprano.

What a ****head comment.

Care to explain how its wrong?

Lets play two truths and a lie

She is attractive

She can play golf at LPGA level

She has done a fantastic job creating a brand

I don't begrudge her, she's identified her strengths assets and has taken advantage of them

Fixed it for you. :) Sorry-I had to.

Titleist TSR3 9° Tensei Pro Blue 60 

Titleist TS3 3w 13.5° HZRDUS Black 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

Not sure what she is complaining about. If she were judged on her smarts and ability instead of her looks she would be working in a cellphone store or as a marketing department new hire pulling down a solid $28k in San Diego. Her looks landed her a few years of coasting for a living and a sugar daddy. That's called winning, it is reprehensible that she plays victim somehow out of that.

Not sure what she is complaining about. If she were judged on her smarts and ability instead of her looks she would be working in a cellphone store or as a marketing department new hire pulling down a solid $28k in San Diego. Her looks landed her a few years of coasting for a living and a sugar daddy. That's called winning, it is reprehensible that she plays victim somehow out of that.

She needs to just go away.

Excellent post. And I'll add a great role model for daughters everywhere . ( sarcasm for those with dead detectors ) . Headlines on this site have a story of her " owning " a Twitter troll. Then you read her response and it's as lame as ever. She gives selfie instructions. Wow. I know the troll feels " owned ". Or more likely he feel like she proved his point.

I wish her the best. But it's just wrong to market your body and then complain when it gets attention. And it's also wrong that she gets the attention related to golf and the ladies who work hard and have more talent do not get as much at times. If I want a peep show I know where to get it. If I want to watch golf I want golf. Not boobs Magee and the Selfie stick. I'm sure she's a nice young lady. And I'm sure she has good intentions. But she has chosen the path that will get the attention she complains about. Just find it off putting that she complains about getting what she asked for.

Cobra LTD X 9* Hzrdus RDX blue 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

doesnt this apply to many actors and musicians/singers.............it's all notice me, notice me, notice me, then when they do they want privacy!

Paige wants noticed, but she doesnt want trolls and abuse..........I see nothing wrong with that and she is certainly NOT the worst kind of person in my view.

Hard to argue with that.

Well, according the SI.com article, "In terms of television it was the largest viewership ever for an LET event by at least four times" when she played Dubai so she adds something that other LPGA pros don't. So the audience for good looking female players is at least 3x the audience of those who simply want to watch the best women players.

Hard to argue with that.

Well, according the SI.com article, "In terms of television it was the largest viewership ever for an LET event by at least four times" when she played Dubai so she adds something that other LPGA pros don't. So the audience for good looking female players is at least 3x the audience of those who simply want to watch the best women players.

But when Tiger tees it up and viewership numbers rise, people say those numbers don't matter blah blah blah.

Hard to argue with that.

Im sorry ...But that is laughable in terms of a logical conclusion..... #1 she isnt the best looking player by a long shot.... #2 so many other variables out there... Im NOT calling her ugly....i wouldnt ever ... BUT if you are going to go down he road of " shes so gorgeous that the game needs her to boost ratings etc" i call BS.... she isnt anything you couldnt see in any city in the US on any given day , just walking down the way or in a mall etc... nothing at all extraordinary..

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Hard to argue with that.

Im sorry ...But that is laughable in terms of a logical conclusion..... #1 she isnt the best looking player by a long shot.... #2 so many other variables out there... Im NOT calling her ugly....i wouldnt ever ... BUT if you are going to go down he road of " shes so gorgeous that the game needs her to boost ratings etc" i call BS.... she isnt anything you couldnt see in any city in the US on any given day , just walking down the way or in a mall etc... nothing at all extraordinary..

Bladehunter,

What are the other variables that you think caused the viewership to rise by 4x?

BTW, I never said anything about how attractive she is but just pointed out that the article mentioned that the event that she was invited to was watched far more than any other LET event in history. Maybe there was other reasons for the 4x increase over every other tournament but I'd love to hear your take on what could make that amount of difference....

How many times does the LET get on GC? When it does it certainly doesn't get the promotion they give it when she is on it. Think that might have something to do with it?

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

Hard to argue with that.

Bladehunter,

What are the other variables that you think caused the viewership to rise by 4x?

BTW, I never said anything about how attractive she is but just pointed out that the article mentioned that the event that she was invited to was watched far more than any other LET event in history. Maybe there was other reasons for the 4x increase over every other tournament but I'd love to hear your take on what could make that amount of difference....

well obviously the implication was that a pretty girl caused the influx.. certainly wasnt her ball striking ...no? maybe just the fact that womens game has been steady on the rise ? or maybe the Location ? or maybe they just promted it better ? But back to the point.. if not her looks then what was the reason you were saying the viewer numbers went up?

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Hard to argue with that.

I call BS on your calling BS... She is very attractive... better looking than any other women's golfer... the game doesn't NEED her but it sure could USE her... LPGA golf is largely lame... but it's ok if you like it... i don't--except when I can watch Paige playing...

well obviously the implication was that a pretty girl caused the influx.. certainly wasnt her ball striking ...no? maybe just the fact that womens game has been steady on the rise ? or maybe the Location ? or maybe they just promted it better ? But back to the point.. if not her looks then what was the reason you were saying the viewer numbers went up?

IMO, she is very popular and she is the main, if not sole, reason that viewership quadrupled so people who harrumphed that she doesn't deserve to be given a sponsors invite are smoking crack IMO as it worked great for the sponsor (who is paying for the purse). Some people have Q quotient, others do not. She obviously does for whatever reason. Furthermore, I believe your comment that there could be lots of other reasons the viewership went up 4x over any other LET tournament other than that's she's quite popular (e.g., Location/Better promoted/Game steadily on the rise) is truly "laughable in terms of a logical conclusion".

If it makes you feel better, I agree that I see many girls as attractive or more on an hourly basis walking down the streets of NYC each day.

Hard to argue with that.

I call BS on your calling BS... She is very attractive... better looking than any other women's golfer... the game doesn't NEED her but it sure could USE her... LPGA golf is largely lame... but it's ok if you like it... i don't--except when I can watch Paige playing...

If I want to watch attractive women go around in revealing clothes(or none) the LPGA is not where I'm looking and that includes Spirinac. She's nothing but a pinup girl who figured out a connection to a sport that has had very few because if she had to compete with all the other young, fit model girls she's going nowhere. In a year or two everyone will be saying "Paige who?"

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

Hard to argue with that.

And lets be clear the LET is not the LPGA. What is the viewership of the LET vs the LPGA? I would bet the LET gets 1/100th of the viewship of the LPGA. There's a reason she doesn't get offered sponsors exemptions to the LPGA tournaments.

Only input i would have here is that she really is not that special to look at.......Take her away from golf, and she is just another half decent looking girl in the local club........What this means in the scope of things, i'm not sure, but pretty obvious if you really take a look at her.

You're crazy.

Half the guys posting on here are the same ones gushing over Asian golfers in knee-high socks in the LPGA Fashion thread. At least Paige looks like a grown woman.

IMO, she is very popular and she is the main, if not sole, reason that viewership quadrupled so people who harrumphed that she doesn't deserve to be given a sponsors invite are smoking crack IMO as it worked great for the sponsor (who is paying for the purse). Some people have Q quotient, others do not. She obviously does for whatever reason. Furthermore, I believe your comment that there could be lots of other reasons the viewership went up 4x over any other LET tournament other than that's she's quite popular (e.g., Location/Better promoted/Game steadily on the rise) is truly "laughable in terms of a logical conclusion".

If it makes you feel better, I agree that I see many girls as attractive or more on an hourly basis walking down the streets of NYC each day.

This is very misleading? Was it both years the ratings were up? Which days were the ratings up? Was she in any of the featured groups? Were there competing tourneys on tv or people starved for golf?

If the ratings were good for the final day then we know she had nothing to do with it.

I wish her the best, but calling her a pro, IMO, is wrong. She doesn't earn her living from tourney earnings. She can't even qualify for the semi pro's in this country. I feel bad that people make the social media comments they do but it's not like she's in the Top 1000 in the Rolex rankings.

Only input i would have here is that she really is not that special to look at.......Take her away from golf, and she is just another half decent looking girl in the local club........What this means in the scope of things, i'm not sure, but pretty obvious if you really take a look at her.

You're crazy.

Half the guys posting on here are the same ones gushing over Asian golfers in knee-high socks in the LPGA Fashion thread. At least Paige looks like a grown woman.

A Dr made grown woman (nothing wrong there).

Hard to argue with that.

Lol. Maybe my tastes are just a tad more sophisticated. ( said nobody who knows me ). Lol.

To each his own I guess. But I disagree. I wouldn't personally walk across the street to get a look at her. And I love a gorgeous woman.!

I have to say I'm not really comfortable critiquing someone's appearance generally. But when someone makes their existence revolve around their looks it seems like it's the thing to do. ( I guess)

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Hard to argue with that.

She's better than that. There are more attractive women than her, but not many in golf which is they key and she has more Instagram followers than any woman in golf (let that sink in).

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

Hard to argue with that.

She's better than that. There are more attractive women than her, but not many in golf which is they key and she has more Instagram followers than any woman in golf (let that sink in).

Just stating my opinion. Just not me. But hey I'm a bit old fashioned. I like a Girl that looks like she's brushed her hair this month. Lol.

But im out of this thread. I'm having to bite my tongue way too much to stay. But if that's what passes for a 10 these days I'm at a loss for words.

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

You're crazy.

So let me get this straight.....I'm crazy because half the guys posting on here are the same ones gushing overAsian golfers in knee high socks in the LPGA thread........I won't stoop to calling names, but that is an ignorant statement, or should we say crazy.

Hard to argue with that.

Bladehunter,

A few reasons:

• She created a buzz and people wanted to know what it was about
  • People were jealous of her getting an invite and wanted to watch her fail
  • The additional media attention had people wondering what the heck LET is
  • Her twitter (115K) and Facebook (approaching 200K) followers watched
  • She isn't ugly by any means

Wilson Deep Red II Tour (9.0)
King Cobra SZ (15.5), G10 HY (18, 21, 24)
MP-32 5i - 9i, Vokey SM5 50, 54 (F), 58 (M)
Rife Aussie

You're crazy.

So let me get this straight.....I'm crazy because half the guys posting on here are the same ones gushing overAsian golfers in knee high socks in the LPGA thread........I won't stoop to calling names, but that is an ignorant statement, or should we say crazy.

I separated the two paragraphs on purpose. I was merely stating you're crazy if you think she's just half-decent but heck you could be married to Cindy Crawford. What do I know?