2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Titleist high end irons/driver with color pictures.

None of the technology they're claiming is new to the industry. #Titleist-ier

No it's not. If people don't believe this is a direct response to the success that PXG is having then I got some swamp land for sale with your name all over it. Titleist was the high end brand. PXG is now aggressively taking that from them. Sorry but it's not some random coincidence that this line all of a sudden comes out during a time when PXG is selling $3000 sets of irons like hotcakes. Titleist had no choice but to come out with a competing high end line to keep their position in the market place.

This is not a bad thing it just is what it is.

. Are pxg really selling like hotcakes? I still have not seen a set in person

I saw a complete PXG bag at my son's Ping Junior Inter-club match yesterday.

The set was cut down for this Junior's fitting too...makes them super custom!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another thought. Does anyone truly think that Titleist just " whipped these up" in the last couple months to respond to anyone ? These are a fresh design for sure. No way that process was cheap or fast. Competing yes, but as a must do response nope. If anything these were meant to be jdm and are being released in the us to take some of the new market pxg has created. Pxg isn't taking anyone's market share. They have just created a niche market all their own. Titleist may be letting these go in our market to steal some of the pxg sales. If anyone thought Americans would pay crazy money for an iron set in today's "new every month market ", Titleist would have been releasing the jdm lines here all along. They have always produced these high priced irons. Just haven't sold them here in several years.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

I can't wait to see a set of these on the BST with the caption "They couldn't knock my Ping Eye2's out of the bag"!

Titleist  TSi2 8.0 TPT 14.5 LKP LT LW 
Ping G400 14.5* TPT 15 LKP LT LW 

Ping i210 4-PW TT Elevate Tour X
Cleveland tour raw 52, 56, 60 DG x100
Byron Morgan- HG-DH89
Titleist PV1x
Jones Utility Trouper-Carry
Ogio Silencer Alphard E-wheels

Smells like marketing bait..."not in stores...no tour pros can have them..." No one that shells out over 3 times over the "standard" line is going to want to look stupid and post "constructive" reviews on how it's not worth it. Titlest marketing group is trying to sound like PXG and Tesla motors in trying to claim they are delivering bleeding edge technology, but the product requirs a premium cost point and they make no guarantees on delivering their performance promises.

It's an interesting idea for Titleist. I can't quite get my head around why they are needed. I mean 1500 drivers and 1000 irons isn't going to earn much that much for them.

I can see why they are not putting them in the hands of the tour staff as well - they will want everyone to think that the tour staff are using the mass market product but if I was on the tour staff and I am being told that Titleist is making a driver that gives me an extra 6 over my current gamer then I am asking, why can't I have one of these?

Strange times for Titleist but there is no doubt that these bad boys will sell out.

Meh indeed. For some reason, it reminds me of the release of this overpriced garage in 2003.

Ouch! That was a stinker of a club. Still feel sorry for my friend who bought one.

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

Including link to thread about this started earlier in the month http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1313896-titleist-goes-pxg-with-a-1000-driver/

TaylorMade QI10 9* - Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 8TX

TaylorMade Stealth+ 15* - Fujikura Ventus Red 9TX

NIKE Vapor Fly Pro 3-4i - Fujikura Pro Tour Spec 95X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5 - KBS Tour 130X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 6-PW - DG TI X100

Mizuno T22 Raw 50* S, 55* D | TaylorMade Hi Toe 60* - DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Select Squareback +

Just to clarify, everyone is knocking Titleist for producing high-end clubs on a forum where we all discuss and purchase Tour Issue sticks for well above their retail price and drool continuously over the new PXG gear. At least with these, you get to customize exactly what you want in a new club.

And to echo the previous sentiments, this has been done for years by Titleist and TaylorMade. MOTO and The Vault are by no means entry level price points but they aren't designed for entry level golfers.....for a reason. I'd rather spend $999 on the C16 driver than $750 on the Limited Edition TaylorMade bag. At least one of them can help your game.

At the end of the day, if you don't like them then don't buy them.

It's an interesting idea for Titleist. I can't quite get my head around why they are needed. I mean 1500 drivers and 1000 irons isn't going to earn much that much for them.

I can see why they are not putting them in the hands of the tour staff as well - they will want everyone to think that the tour staff are using the mass market product but if I was on the tour staff and I am being told that Titleist is making a driver that gives me an extra 6 over my current gamer then I am asking, why can't I have one of these?

Strange times for Titleist but there is no doubt that these bad boys will sell out.

Meh indeed. For some reason, it reminds me of the release of this overpriced garage in 2003.

Ouch! That was a stinker of a club. Still feel sorry for my friend who bought one.

I did too! I can forgive Callaway, but I'll never forget......

Feel bad for the guys who buy it and figure out somewhere between 1 swing and 1 month later that it's still just a golf club like all the rest of them. It's amazing what control marketing has over the golf community (myself included). If these were really that much better than any other club, wouldn't they produce 1,000,000 drivers and sell them for $500 rather than produce 1,500 of them and sell them for $1,000? It just makes no sense, other than it's a hyped up pre-release of a forthcoming line or the same tech disguised in a different package and marketed as "super duper limited." Remember when Rogue 125 MSI cost $1,000? Remember how Scotty Cameron puts a circle T stamp on an off the rack putter and it automatically sells for $2,500 instead of $350 (not talking about circle T more customized models, which sell for greatly in excess of $2,500).

You're buying a label. The club is the same damn thing as the 710 AP2s you've been playing for the last 8 years. I'm guilty of it too, but let's call it what it is.

I don't think I've ever read that titleist makes money manufacturing clubs. On a good year they may break even. Their technology is always trailing others if not behind. Since the old 975 I don't think they have ever had what was considered the top performing driver. Kind of middle of the pack with functional technology that doesn't hinder their pros. Their money comes from balls, not even close. Just another attempt at semi luxury offering but certainly nothing as wild as the Japanese manufacturer that offers gold inlay cavity backs for $25,000 a set.. So far the MOTO hasn't been a giant success with very few D4 and full set TMBs being sold. Probably the biggest volume was the fairway wood..

Seem more like collectors items than gamers. Priced that way as well. They may perform well, but if I were to cough up $1000 for a driver I'm not sure I would want to risk hitting it. Especially if it is a limited, serialized release. Same goes with the irons. $300+ a piece irons aren't something I would want to scratch.

I can't wait to see a set of these on the BST with the caption "They couldn't knock my Ping Eye2's out of the bag"!

Or Armour 845s. :taunt:

Club Champion Custom Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 Gram, A Flex

Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, Kuro Kage 606 S
TXG Custom  SIM Max 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2

TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R
TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-pw, 1* upright, Recoil E460 R
PXG 0211 GW, 50*, (new version), UST Recoil Dart R
TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115 

Ping Glide 4.0 58*, Nippon 115 
TXG Custom Cobra Nova, KBS CT Tour Shaft

Or Armour 845s. :taunt:

Or the one trying to sell the driver for $950 after "just one range session" because it "couldn't kick my gamer out of the bag," and then saying that "unreasonable offers WILL NOT be replied to" and then successive posts over the next 8 days going:

$900

$850

$800

$750

Come on guys, last drop or I'm just going to put it in my backup bag

$700

$650

Will accept trades for M2 with exotic shafts

$600

SOLD - pending paypal

Back on the market after buyer flaked - $595 shipped

Taking it down to put it on ebay

If it comes with a sizeable 'Real deal' selection of shafts for the the driver and the irons, then maybe worth it. But if it is the normal Titleist stock shafts...no way.

Callaway Mavrik SZ 9.0 VA Composites Nemesys 65 04
Callaway Mavrik SZ 15 VA Composites Nemesys 75 04
Callaway Mavrik Pro Hybrid 18* Veylix Rome 888 S
Callaway 2019 Apex Pro DOT 4-PW Mits MMT 125 TX/ Vega Mizar Tour Oban CT 115 X
Odyssey WHP #3-Stability Tour, Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5, Toulon Long Island Garage-Stability Shaft
Callaway MD5 Jaws Tour Grey 50/54/58 and  Cobra Tour Versatile 50/54/58 Mitsubishi MMT 125TX Graphite
Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap

WITB Link

So many questions... Their claims of creating more ballspeed in the driver are interesting. Wouldn't they already be at max COR with their current lines? And if they do go farther, why wouldn't pros want that?

M3 9.5* - Fujikura 757TR
M5 15* - Fujikura Speeder 8.1
M1 5W - Fujikura Speeder 8.1
P760 3i - KBS $ Taper Black
P730 5-PW - KBS $ Taper Black
Milled Grind 50 & 55 DG TI Onyx
Hi-Toe 60 DG TI Onyx
Spider X Navy

So many questions... Their claims of creating more ballspeed in the driver are interesting. Wouldn't they already be at max COR with their current lines? And if they do go farther, why wouldn't pros want that?

Exactly.

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

I don't think I've ever read that titleist makes money manufacturing clubs. On a good year they may break even. Their technology is always trailing others if not behind. Since the old 975 I don't think they have ever had what was considered the top performing driver. Kind of middle of the pack with functional technology that doesn't hinder their pros. Their money comes from balls, not even close. Just another attempt at semi luxury offering but certainly nothing as wild as the Japanese manufacturer that offers gold inlay cavity backs for $25,000 a set.. So far the MOTO hasn't been a giant success with very few D4 and full set TMBs being sold. Probably the biggest volume was the fairway wood..

Do you have any data on titleist club sales? Id be very interested in that

how does their technology trail others with the AP2 line?

are you a hater or just shooting facts? Id like to see the facts on this one

Good luck getting actual statistics from someone who is solely posting because they have an asinine hatred against an equipment brand

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]Titleist 910D3 Tour AD-DI
Titleist 910F 19* Project X
Nike VR Pro Combo 3-PW KBS Tour-V
Titleist SM5 50*F/54*M/58*K KBS Tour
Scotty Cameron Select Newport[/font]

I get your point, and yet have a hard time believing there is no profit built into $150-$200 wedges. I personally don't buy ProV balls but love the performance. Enough out there are willing to pay near $50 per dozen...I am not. However if enough of us would stop paying that price then it would come down. It seems the saving grace is buy 3 get one promo they use every year. Titleist also gives thousands of balls away each year in order to remain top dog. I was told buy salesman the chrome soft was far superior to sr3, and yet old ball won the Masters.

"We have learned that we must
live as men, not as ostriches, nor
as dogs in the manger." FDR

Good luck getting actual statistics from someone who is solely posting because they have an asinine hatred against an equipment brand

Actually your post is the only thing that is a**inine in this thread. The data on the D4 MOTO comes directly from two reps. in different parts of the country.

You are right in your knowledgeable guess that I hate the brand.

My bag as of yesterday.

Titleist 915 D4 driver

Titleist 915 3 & 5 wood

Titleist 716 T-MB 3 iron

Titleist 716 MB irons

Titleist S6 Wedges

Titleist Cameron GSS Newport 2

Callaway Chrome soft ball

Boy what a genanus you are in your conclusions...

Now if you want to talk about dislike for an overhyped brand that would definitely be PXG

Theres always a market for this...Homma, PXG...someone is gonna cough it up and most likely, they are mid cappers who can barely hit the ball but wanna LOOK GOOD doing the air balls.

I'll stick with my Ping G, M1, or M2 - drivers that are realistic long without the extravagant price.

next...

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

I actually laughed when I read this. You think Titleist doesn't make money selling golf clubs? Yeah, I'm sure it's all just an elaborate marketing scheme/loss leader to make sure they sell more ProV1s. Hilarious. I would say there's probably a 500% profit margin - if not more - built into every club they sell. This driver that they're going to sell you for $1,000 probably cost them less than $100 to design, market, and manufacture, including whatever high end shaft they stick in there. The even funnier thing is that it probably will cost them no more than the driver they'll sell you for $400, they just get an extra $600 from people who believe things like "Titleist doesn't even make any money selling golf clubs." I wonder if Santa Claus hand delivers every driver. Or maybe it's the Easter Bunny.

Very few T-MB full sets ordered? Place an order for one and when you get the lead time you'll find out that isn't the case. Titlesist has oversold their forecast which is why the long lead times. My guess is they thought it would replace the 712U line in long irons and didn't foresee the sales coming for complete sets.