Muirfield Not Hosting Any Future Opens

stinger_gc

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's probably quite a few members who don't want the Open anyway. Every private club has them. When you bring a big tournament to your club, it upsets the schedule for most of the summer. Some members love it, and everything that goes with it. But, there are a large number who don't like giving up their course for the summer and don't like the inconvenience that comes with it. I'm sure they knew the repercussions of their vote.

Look man Muirfield can do whatever they want as they are a private entity. R&A can do whatever they want as hosts of the tournaments. I don't think there is a need to bring in discrimination or PC battles etc. It is what it is, they want to be all male members more power to them. People will take shots at the members for voting no, and it will pass in due time.

TM Sim 10.5*|Nike Vapor Pro Fly 15* |Nike CPR 18* Wood

Srixon Z785 4-PW Modus 120|Nike Engage 50* Square|Nike Engage 54* Square|Nike Engage 60* Square

Nike Origin B2-01 35"

Looks like the R&A went full SJW. I fully expect the LPGA to allow men, effective immediately.

And the winner of false equivalency of the day today is...

I agree with Murfiled. They're a private club and can handle their membership as they please.

Well congrats winning of idiot of the day, I agree with Murfield's decision too, jackass.

And regardless, there's no false equivalence there brainchild.

Looks like the R&A went full SJW. I fully expect the LPGA to allow men, effective immediately.

And the winner of false equivalency of the day today is...

I agree with Murfiled. They're a private club and can handle their membership as they please.

Well congrats winning of idiot of the day, I agree with Murfield's decision too, jackass.

And regardless, there's no false equivalence there brainchild.

You forgot to throw in a "jerky!"

; )

There is a very simple solution here. Get Caitlin Jenner as a member. Everybody's happy

Yes, great thinking for sure. You get the best of both worlds with Caitlin.
Cobra fly z+ Aldila rogue black
TM aero burner mini driver aldila rogue black
TM R9 3&5 wood stock
2016 mizuno jpx ez 4-gw
Cleveland cg16 50,56,62
Odyssey black series #5

Its really sad when you have blatant discrimination such as this. 65% of the people there want this changed and the elite all white men are so discriminatory, they turn a blind eye to it.

In case anyone needs a definition

discrimination - the unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people or things, especially on the grounds of race, age, or sex.

This is the classic definition of discrimination. Sorry Muirfield, you lose in more ways than 1.

sad sad sad

Private clubs should be able to allow who they want. Period.

Good on Muirfield for standing up for what they want in their club, and for not relenting to the R&A pressure of taking a tournament away from them if they didnt change to the way the R&A wanted.

I cant wait for the R&A reaction when a journalist gets by the faux outrage to ask why they didnt do the same to Royal Troon, which is an all male golf club.

Its really sad when you have blatant discrimination such as this. 65% of the people there want this changed and the elite all white men are so discriminatory, they turn a blind eye to it.

discrimination - the unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people or things, especially on the grounds of race, age, or sex.

This is the classic definition of discrimination. Sorry Muirfield, you lose in more ways than 1.

sad sad sad

Just curious to know if I was a graduating high school student and wanted to apply to Bryn Mawr College - an all women's college since 1885 - and wasn't accepted because I'm a man, Is that considered discrimination?

sad sad sad

So why do multiple golf tours in this world only admit women into their tournaments? That format is clearly discriminatory towards men, using your analogy.

I'll eagerly await your answer.

sad sad sad

Just curious to know if I was a graduating high school student and wanted to apply to Bryn Mawr College - an all women's college since 1885 - and wasn't accepted because I'm a man, Is that considered discrimination?

yes...and they won't host The Open either.

FORE RIGHT!!!!

sad sad sad

The irony of your posts are mind blowing.

Guess the masters should relocate as well...oh wait, they have a token black/female member so they're covered. What a crock.

In the case of Augusta, accepting members without regard to race or sex was inevitable, I think. So much of their membership are CEO's of global businesses and as that talent pool includes more minorities and women, it wouldn't make sense to exclude them as members.

Any of you played behind a group of ladies? I see why they won't let them play. Before you think I'm being sexist......my girlfriend is a female woman with a v*****

Is that one of those passive brag things I've heard about? (BTW, you're a lucky man)(you are man, right?)

Just checked and I do have male genitalia. Women shouldn't be allowed to play golf. So f*****g slow. Unless they look like models then that would be great. But since most of them look like Laura Davis they should be banned

Guess the masters should relocate as well...oh wait, they have a token black/female member so they're covered. What a crock.

Nobody is forcing anyone to play at Augusta- it's an invitational. No golf ruling body's have any say on the who, what, why and where of this event.

Muirfield should have every right to allow for their membership to consist of whomever they want. The R&A should be allowed to make the very decision they're making right now. I cannot believe people have an issue with either side...

Ultimately it will come down to money. If Muirfield can continue as a private club without the revenue that comes from hosting an Open, then it will fade into being a very private club and a historical footnote. If in a few years, dues start going up and maintenance is being deferred, then there be will another vote and women will be let in.

The members voted to keep the membership closed to ladies today.

It's cost them their Open rota slot.

Thoughts?

Any exclusions like this state side?

XR16 Driver 11.5 Prolaunch Blue Axis reg spine aligned FLOed 45.25" 245y
Adams Speed Line Fast 12 Fairway 17 degrees stock Prolaunch Blue Speedcoat reg spine aligned FLOed 220y
Wilson19.5 Fybrid FY(fairway bridge) stock reg Prolaunch V2 spine aligned FLOed 200y
Adams Super Pro 23 Hybrid Stock Prolaunch Platinium reg spine aligned FLOed 190y
i25 Black Dot 4i-9i Z-Z65 1/2" Long(4-7i with bounce grind) 180-130y
i25 Black Dot UW weakened to 48 Z-Z65 1/2" Long 115y
TM TP 52-9(bent to 53) DG SL300(close match to Z-Z65) 1/2" long 100y
TM TP 58-10(bent to 59 bounce ground to 6) DG SL300(close match to Z-Z65) 1/4" long 85y
Evnroll ER5 370g Hatchback 34" No 30g counterweight 69 degrees Lie 4 Loft Winn Jumbo Lite Pistol 59g Grip Black Tone
All 13 grips GP MCC+4 Grey Logo hidden/down midsize +1 tape layer
Callaway Chrome Soft Ball White
Mizuno Skintite Glove

Any of you played behind a group of ladies? I see why they won't let them play. Before you think I'm being sexist......my girlfriend is a female woman with a v*****

Is that one of those passive brag things I've heard about? (BTW, you're a lucky man)(you are man, right?)

Just checked and I do have male genitalia. Women shouldn't be allowed to play golf. So f*****g slow. Unless they look like models then that would be great. But since most of them look like Laura Davis they should be banned

By that same notion, many men shouldn't be allowed to play golf either, including insecure men.

Cobra Fly Z+ Diamana D+ 60s
TM RBZ Stage 2 Tour 3W 14.5 Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 80s
Adams Pro Hybrid 18*
Titleist 913H 21*
Mizuno MP 32 4-PW S300
Odyssey Versa Works #1W
Vokey SM5 F Grind 52, SM5 M Grind 58
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1293204-turberticus-witb-2016/"][color=#000080]WITB 2016[/color][/url]
[url="https://www.gamegolf.com/player/turberticus"][color=#000080]Gamegolf[/color][/url]

Private clubs should be able to allow who they want. Period.

Good on Muirfield for standing up for what they want in their club, and for not relenting to the R&A pressure of taking a tournament away from them if they didnt change to the way the R&A wanted.

I cant wait for the R&A reaction when a journalist gets by the faux outrage to ask why they didnt do the same to Royal Troon, which is an all male golf club.

The problems with that statement are that i) Muirfield did not actually vote for the status quo though. 65% of them actually voted for women to be allowed. Their form of Democracy of course, but odd to anyone else with more than one brain cell nonetheless. and ii) If it's seen as cutting your nose off to spite your face as being a positive, then the fact still remains that the only losers from this is the Honourable company of Edinburgh Golfers, not the R&A or The Open Championship.

Personally, if people want to live in the Victorian past, then that is their right, but it may come with consequences, and if they are able to suck it up, then fine. But in the end, when all is said and done, these 'fossils' will not win. Ladies will become member at Muirfield. maybe not this year, maybe not next year, but it will happen eventually. So what the 35% of members that did vote against women members are scared of..................I suppose only they can tell us.

Gosh darn it guys. If women aren't offended by this. As guys, why are you getting offended by it?

Because, you have to virtue signal against anything that could even possibly be construed as sexism, that way everyone knows you're a moral person.

It's not like it's a horrible thought to think that maybe when it comes to commodities/products/services, we just treat people equally. I mean not to get all "moral" on people. I just don't see what's actually wrong with being of that opinion

Private places can make their own rules, but than they have to deal with negative reactions sometimes

Hell people here say they'll never buy from an OEM again because they screw up grips or something on a custom order. So it's not like you have to be ghandi to say , well maybe I wouldn't join a course that didn't allow women

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Nobody is forcing anyone to play at Augusta- it's an invitational. No golf ruling body's have any say on the who, what, why and where of this event.

Muirfield should have every right to allow for their membership to consist of whomever they want. The R&A should be allowed to make the very decision they're making right now. I cannot believe people have an issue with either side...

Absolutely correct!!

I didn't realize that we have such esteemed Members on here. Welcome to the Forum Mr Secretary of Muirfield! Lol