Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

Went out with the girls today at our LPGA tourney. Being inside the ropes with the players is like $500 of free lessons. Ever since I started volunteering, I have notice that I always play well for the next month or so afterwards, because I would just soak up their swings and most importantly, their tempo. Today though, instead of just watching their shots like normal, I started closely watching specific parts of their bodies. Basically, hips, torso, or head. Everyone usually just pays attention to the total swing/shot, but I was watching body parts all the way through the swing and not even focusing on the ball. Getting some really good ideas. Can't wait to play..

Lydia Ko has been at the course my dads a pro at the last few days and he said watching her hit it is a joke, everything is just so clean.

Someday Lydia has to teach Ernie and Freddie how to stop rushing their downswings. Talk about syrup..

They swing faster than we think. It's just soooo smooth.

Oh yes, at the bottom they are fast. But their tempo and sequencing is what enables that. Out of my group today, I watched a bunch of slightly missed shots, some pull/draws, some short, some slap fades, and I could always tell their tempo was a little off or they didn't quite reach optimal positions. But they almost always recovered. And this is for a group that scored E, -2, and -3. So, take heart, if we stay centered and swing with tempo we could all hit the ball like a girl.

My father, a near scratch golfer and taught me how to play way back when, always said watch how the women pros swing, not the men. They had the correct rhythm and tempo. Something than I need to remember more often these days. So I'm off to the range today, couple of things need addressing (only two at a time). Primarily tempo during the downswing, to quick in transition. Going to practice swinging like a girl.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

Went out with the girls today at our LPGA tourney. Being inside the ropes with the players is like $500 of free lessons. Ever since I started volunteering, I have notice that I always play well for the next month or so afterwards, because I would just soak up their swings and most importantly, their tempo. Today though, instead of just watching their shots like normal, I started closely watching specific parts of their bodies. Basically, hips, torso, or head. Everyone usually just pays attention to the total swing/shot, but I was watching body parts all the way through the swing and not even focusing on the ball. Getting some really good ideas. Can't wait to play..

Thugster-- Do you really think we believe that is why you were watching "body parts" I am sure you were getting some "good Ideas" LOL again had to bust your chops on that one. :cheesy: But seriously those ladies have some good tempo swings and a deft touch on and around the greens

Absolutely great tempo.. There are so many that have it there and they are fabulous to watch. They seem to swing differently than the PGA guys. Perhaps instead of relying on power, more on the tempo and rhythm, timing. Lydia, my favorite seems to me to take each shot with such a calm, as if it were carried out to the beat of a metronome set at about 60, and with the confidence that every shot will land at it's predestined location because she's already seen the video...

Well, had a grill experience last night... here's the skinny... we were all set to go out for this big date and got halfway there and the 'low tire pressure' light came on in the Fusion. So I got out and checked, and sure enough there was a screw in the tire... so we were right at one of those Duke & Duchess/Lottery Ticket Wait In Line/Oh We Also Sell Gas places we have around here, so I put air in it and she drove us back to town as I called the local 'Tire Discounter's' which just happened to be open for another hour and a half. So we got the car to that place. The guy said an hour and a half, but come back cause they close then, so he got my cell #. Right across the road was Pappy's Grill http://www.pappysgrillon79.com/about.html cool place, especially on Saturday night. Keep in mind, not as cool as the Clubhouse Grille, but cool. So we went there, got oyster and clam baskets, soaked up the atmosphere, she even talked golf, like here, ha. The tire guy called early, and said the car was ready. So my sweet wife (she's ultra sweet) said "I'll run across the street and get it" cause my foot drop situation makes it hard for me to cross the highway like that (it's a 4 laner).... isn't she something? Well, she came back with the car, and here's the kicker, she said, "how much did the guy say it was gonna be?" and I said $24.95 and she said "well, he said "put the card away, no charge ma'am". So she asked why and the guy said, 'well, we do that once in a while, so enjoy your evening'... wasn't that nice? So the whole day, 18 holes, beautiful weather, screw in tire, Pappy's Grill, free tire repair, etc. (your interpretation) was just fabulous...

Love days like this, Sixty. We get so busy that we occasionally forget how wonderful the little things can be.

MC, you still the brolurkermeister?

At this awful hour certainly no one else is awake but us, lol, and I need to

hit the rack soon.

Friday night is my normal night off, Rad. I'll often work them though. Decided to take a two day weekend this weekend. Can't work your life away.

Ferris Bueller said it best.

Thugster-- Do you really think we believe that is why you were watching "body parts" I am sure you were getting some "good Ideas" LOL again had to bust your chops on that one. :cheesy: But seriously those ladies have some good tempo swings and a deft touch on and around the greens

Absolutely great tempo.. There are so many that have it there and they are fabulous to watch. They seem to swing differently than the PGA guys. Perhaps instead of relying on power, more on the tempo and rhythm, timing. Lydia, my favorite seems to me to take each shot with such a calm, as if it were carried out to the beat of a metronome set at about 60, and with the confidence that every shot will land at it's predestined location because she's already seen the video...

The ones that I like to watch are not the glamor girls-- I love the shoulder turn of Pat Hurst IMHO she has one of the best shoulder turns in golf. I also like the power and attitude of Laura Davies. Now as far as tempo In Bee Park has a great tempo. I love Lydia's touch and tempo putting and around the greens. Lexi is all power and I am afraid her violent swing is going to catch up with her in latter years with back injuries. I hope not- Angela Stanford she is not a glamor girl but by golly she has a not give up attitude and she is an warhorse as I put it. I would take her for a partner any day all day long. Really I like all of them except Stacy Lewis and I have my personal reasons for that. Charley Hull she plays real MB Titleist irons and is a great ballstriker.

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

The ones that I like to watch are not the glamor girls-- I love the shoulder turn of Pat Hurst IMHO she has one of the best shoulder turns in golf. I also like the power and attitude of Laura Davies. Now as far as tempo In Bee Park has a great tempo. I love Lydia's touch and tempo putting and around the greens. Lexi is all power and I am afraid her violent swing is going to catch up with her in latter years with back injuries. I hope not- Angela Stanford she is not a glamor girl but by golly she has a not give up attitude and she is an warhorse as I put it. I would take her for a partner any day all day long. Really I like all of them except Stacy Lewis and I have my personal reasons for that. Charley Hull she plays real MB Titleist irons and is a great ballstriker.

Couldn't agree more. Lydia is why I went to Aimpoint Express as well. Laura Davies, yes, and also Julie Inkster, and Karie Webb have solid games.

Got it!! Now THAT is how my beat up old clubs should look in a bag :D

Happy Friday Everybody!! :)

Now that is cool Piggy. That is an older staff bag but it looks good-- Did the head covers come with the bag or did you have them already?

Thanks Stu!! I was wondering what model year It might be, I figured it was probably a couple years old at least?? I had the head covers already and it just worked out that they matched well. I actually don't even have any 913 woods lol, I just bought the 913 covers because I liked the way they look :)

I am not sure exactly because they released different versions of that bag. I know mine is simular and it is about 10 or 11 years old and it was the first year they went to that style bag which I call an oval top. Yours may be newer I know yours is in much better shape

Agree with you on Lexi I totally cringe when I see her hit a fairway iron. Unless she changes some serious wrist, back, shoulder injuries down the road.

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

Went out this morning early to try out the Yonex putter I found. Putts pretty good has great feel. I had threw that slim SS grip on it did not know If I liked it or not. The first two putts I jerked a little getting used to. LOl there was this guy on the green one of these old farts that is a member of a traveling golf league from down on the south end. He made a remark about those blade type putters were hard to put with and said I needed a Scotty (ha ha). I told him I have a Santa Fe right over there in the bag ye said uh ok as if he did not believe me. I went over there and got "rusty" out. He was shell shocked (ha ha again). He started talking crap about those old style blade putters again. I ended up putting him and 2 of his buddies for $1 each putting everything out. Ended up taking Mr. Big Mouth for $5 and one of his buddies for $3 and the other one for $2. The starter who is a great friend of mine told them you should never try to hustle Stuey he will gamble at the drop of a hat he does play with the Miura bunch you know. Our bunch everyone thinks we play for big money because of some of us involved ha ha we only play for small beans anymore with a $20 cap and the winners buy the beer. I like the feel of the putter and was thinking of putting a Neuman type leather grip on it because I think it would look sexy on that putter but the darn thing putts so good with that slim SS on it. I think I am going to leave it like it is and take function over sexy. If we do not play this afternoon I think I will take it over to a neighboring course that has real slick greens and give it a whirl and see if it is for real. I know I had a ball putting with it for around 3 hours this morning and enjoying it darn near canned everything I stood over with it. If we play this afternoon It will be in the bag in the money match of course it is already in the plus colum

Couldn't agree more. Lydia is why I went to Aimpoint Express as well. Laura Davies, yes, and also Julie Inkster, and Karie Webb have solid games.

I loved how Laura Davies can 'early extend' (i.e. make Sally her beotch) and still be consistent with it.

And ever since the first time I saw it, I have loved Na Yeon Choi's swing. Silky smooth style.

And Mickey Wright's is possibly my all time favorite.

TEE CB2 13* 3w, 43.5", 57g Fujikura Motore F1 X-flex
TEE CB2 15* 3w, 43" 65g Fujikura Motore F1 S-flex
Miura Black Boron 1957 Small Blades 2i-PW, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
Miura Black Wedges 53* and 60*, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
GripMaster Club Maker's Stitchback Grips
34" Piretti Bosa, GripMaster Pistol Grip

Registered Bladeocrat
Outlaw Golf Association Member #7

NINJA^^^ You are darn skippy about Mickey Wright. I saw her play at a charity exibition when I was a pup. Now she had a little age on her then but she still had power and the sound her ball made coming off the irons. My old man being the teaching pro he was pointed out to me the great arm extension!

Hey, who's the blonde by the window? Looks like a really nice girl.

4988545_orig_rtwnet.jpg

She looks like an Irish lassie! I could just sit and listen to her talk!

Reminds me of Maureen O'Hara in "The Quiet Man." One of my favorite John Wayne movies, it should be required watching for all men.

To me, the little town, the nice little cottage, and Maureen O'Hara (back in the 1930's) would be heaven on Earth. No computers, no traffic, no modern day nonsense.

I'm sure there'd be a golf course somewhere around.

Wrigs -

I've been remiss here in not so much as saying hello fella!. In fact there are probably any number of guys who may see me as literally ignoring them when that's not my intent at all. Anywho - if the old memory banks are serving me well this day - I recall in some thread you stating you'd had some sort of nagging knee problems? I "think" it may have been in RP's cancer thread?

Anyway fella - just wanted to say Howdy - and welcome - and thank you for participating - and to see how many times the word "and" can fit into one sentence. If that was indeed you and it was a knee-thing - sure hope all is well.

Pigs,

I really like the new Tileist bag. A perfect home for your beauties. If you remember I scored a Wishon staff bag last year in mint condition. I love the look and size of the bag but it was impractical on the course. The sucker is heavy and doesn't fit on either of my push carts very well. It currently houses two Wishon sets in my basement. A big den caddy.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*
Adams Super S Hybrids 22*, 25*
NCW 24*, 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*
Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Bradley, Geom, Machine, Mannkrafted, Ping, Rife, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon

Hey, who's the blonde by the window? Looks like a really nice girl.

4988545_orig_rtwnet.jpg

She looks like an Irish lassie! I could just sit and listen to her talk!

Reminds me of Maureen O'Hara in "The Quiet Man." One of my favorite John Wayne movies, it should be required watching for all men.

To me, the little town, the nice little cottage, and Maureen O'Hara (back in the 1930's) would be heaven on Earth. No computers, no traffic, no modern day nonsense.

I'm sure there'd be a golf course somewhere around.

Wrigs -

I've been remiss here in not so much as saying hello fella!. In fact there are probably any number of guys who may see me as literally ignoring them when that's not my intent at all. Anywho - if the old memory banks are serving me well this day - I recall in some thread you stating you'd had some sort of nagging knee problems? I "think" it may have been in RP's cancer thread?

Anyway fella - just wanted to say Howdy - and welcome - and thank you for participating - and to see how many times the word "and" can fit into one sentence. If that was indeed you and it was a knee-thing - sure hope all is well.

I second the sentiment Reason and also wish to quote you so that stunning beauty reappears yet ago. I don't know the actress but she has my attention. Red heads rock.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*
Adams Super S Hybrids 22*, 25*
NCW 24*, 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*
Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Bradley, Geom, Machine, Mannkrafted, Ping, Rife, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon

I suppose it has to be one of the great mysteries of golf swings. Almost more of a concept than specific things that are actionable...

Tempo (overall pace fast or slow) and rhythm (the balance of backswing timing to the dead-stop finish) - acceleration (starting smoothly but for sure evenly and deliberately having no stall - balance (the age old weight transfers while turning the mass).

Ladle on top of all those concepts and mysteries - the idea of properly extending more after as opposed to "at" impact. Ninja and others are probably sick of hearing me yap about it so I'll be sure to sum it up and then shut up (lol)... but this idea of extending both arms for the first time fully after versus at impact is one of the things that intuitively just makes absolutely no sense but works like a charm.

We sure can learn a lesson or two from the ladies. They figured it out a long time ago - solid ball striking leads to swing speed - not the other way around. Us testosterone laced male animals just can't wait to flinch and extend all we have "at" the ball. Our brains just somehow have the hardest time with avoiding that little trap.

Anyone care for today's refreshment? Hot day here! Blisteringly so. This man needs a whistle-wetter! Catch you fellers later on this eve.

Agree with you on Lexi I totally cringe when I see her hit a fairway iron. Unless she changes some serious wrist, back, shoulder injuries down the road.

Triple Amen. Some - like Laura Davies find the way to power through it and avoid as much injury.... the operative word being "some". Any repetitive motion brings with it the risk of injury, right? That's why I wear glasses (lol).

But in all sincerity I'm with you on Lexi. Hope she has a long and sustainable career. They'd be calling 911 if if I did the Lexi swing. Maybe 20 years ago - sure - but them-there days are long gone.

Pigs,

I really like the new Tileist bag. A perfect home for your beauties. If you remember I scored a Wishon staff bag last year in mint condition. I love the look and size of the bag but it was impractical on the course. The sucker is heavy and doesn't fit on either of my push carts very well. It currently houses two Wishon sets in my basement. A big den caddy.

TYVM Sir, I played this morning and I really liked the bag and how it fits on my cart. Especially liked that my clubs sit nicely in it and don't tangle when pulling clubs and putting them back, nice and light to push along too. It could have a few more pockets but I can live with that easy enough, my cart has a mesh pouch and the bag came with a little pro-v bag attached to it with zipper pockets.

Played 18 today and Struck the ball really well, finished up with a 42/38 for 80 on the day. I chipped in a nearly blind chip for birdie from around 25y on the 10th hole, could only see the tip of the flagstick from where I was lol. Had a couple nice par 3 tee shots(3/4 gir on par 3's today)and a few good approach shots as well that settled inside 10', even putting was really close. The game is really starting to come around finally it seems :)

You must be stoked for summer Vaca to be just around the corner eh?

910D2 9.5*- RIP Alpha 70x
910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

Got it!! Now THAT is how my beat up old clubs should look in a bag :D Happy Friday Everybody!! :)
Nice Titties, but they need a little more shape on the backside. Happy Friday too!
Good job continuing the Hooter's reference Ninja. Also want to congratulate you on the low round. 80 from way back is quite an accomplishment.

My good man PimpusDaddyus, I can't tell you how much this reply means to me (for reasons we both know). Also it really isn't that hard to get me to talk about hooters or butts or legs or...nevermind...better stop there...

Thanks re: my round the other day. It was bittersweet but sweet nonetheless since it was a personal low for me from the tips. I just want to break 80 from there consistently. With it, I'm one step closer...

Anyway, I'm very honored to sit at this bar with you. :drinks:

C'mon, say it!............You know you want to!

OK! Some unsolicited help from the old man.......!

*****************************BUTTERSCOTCH******************************

DRIVER: Ping G20, 9.5° w/169D-Tour, reg (Back up: Srixon Z-rw, 9.5°, stf)
3+W: Srixon Z-Steel, 12.5°, stock SV3005J, stf. (In rotation: 3W, 14.5°)
5W: Srixon Z-Steel, 18.5° stock SV3005J, stf
IRONS: Ping i20, 3-PW, stock CFS reg @ D2
PUTTER: Ping Craz-E iWi, w/2x20gr weights, Lamkin Jumbo pistol grip
WEDGES: Ping Glide, 54° SS, 60° TS, stock Ping wedge shafts
BALL: Srixon XV 
CART: SunMountain V1, STEWARTGOLF Z1
BAG: SM H2N0, PING C-130
BACK UP: Ping S58, 3-Pw, stock CS-Lite, stf, @ D2. (Lofts jacked to S55 specs.)

Man, I don't have much time right now but I gotta say this thread is

reminding me of the early carefree days of Confessions. I think we

posted enough food pics back then to feed an army. Awesome!

It's great to see us back in that carefree mode once again!

Hey Bill, I saw your brief avatar pic. Wow, close call. So glad you're

with us and I do believe you have quite a few rounds to go and quite

a few faces to put smiles on yet. :drinks:

Well pull that rig over and order yourself some chow.

Oh - remind me Rad... Someone ordered chocolate covered cherries to sell in the snack bar.... Let's find out who the wise guy is and have his knees broken a chat with him.

chapmans-black-jack-cherry-frozen-yogurt.jpg

Woah, Woah! It's for dessert........!

DRIVER: Ping G20, 9.5° w/169D-Tour, reg (Back up: Srixon Z-rw, 9.5°, stf)
3+W: Srixon Z-Steel, 12.5°, stock SV3005J, stf. (In rotation: 3W, 14.5°)
5W: Srixon Z-Steel, 18.5° stock SV3005J, stf
IRONS: Ping i20, 3-PW, stock CFS reg @ D2
PUTTER: Ping Craz-E iWi, w/2x20gr weights, Lamkin Jumbo pistol grip
WEDGES: Ping Glide, 54° SS, 60° TS, stock Ping wedge shafts
BALL: Srixon XV 
CART: SunMountain V1, STEWARTGOLF Z1
BAG: SM H2N0, PING C-130
BACK UP: Ping S58, 3-Pw, stock CS-Lite, stf, @ D2. (Lofts jacked to S55 specs.)

I told the missus that all the young nurses liked me.....she said i just reminded them of the happy,funny granpa they all had ! lol

I was VERY lucky Rad.....VERY and i am very aware of it....

thanks for all the kind words and thoughts.

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

Well, had a grill experience last night... here's the skinny... we were all set to go out for this big date and got halfway there and the 'low tire pressure' light came on in the Fusion. So I got out and checked, and sure enough there was a screw in the tire... so we were right at one of those Duke & Duchess/Lottery Ticket Wait In Line/Oh We Also Sell Gas places we have around here, so I put air in it and she drove us back to town as I called the local 'Tire Discounter's' which just happened to be open for another hour and a half. So we got the car to that place. The guy said an hour and a half, but come back cause they close then, so he got my cell #. Right across the road was Pappy's Grill http://www.pappysgri....com/about.html cool place, especially on Saturday night. Keep in mind, not as cool as the Clubhouse Grille, but cool. So we went there, got oyster and clam baskets, soaked up the atmosphere, she even talked golf, like here, ha. The tire guy called early, and said the car was ready. So my sweet wife (she's ultra sweet) said "I'll run across the street and get it" cause my foot drop situation makes it hard for me to cross the highway like that (it's a 4 laner).... isn't she something? Well, she came back with the car, and here's the kicker, she said, "how much did the guy say it was gonna be?" and I said $24.95 and she said "well, he said "put the card away, no charge ma'am". So she asked why and the guy said, 'well, we do that once in a while, so enjoy your evening'... wasn't that nice? So the whole day, 18 holes, beautiful weather, screw in tire, Pappy's Grill, free tire repair, etc. (your interpretation) was just fabulous...

Wow Sixty, that IS a great day. Isn't it amazing how sometimes these great days

unfold when something quite accidental happens and you end up just going where

it takes you?!! Awesome!

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

I told the missus that all the young nurses liked me.....she said i just reminded them of the happy,funny granpa they all had ! lol

I was VERY lucky Rad.....VERY and i am very aware of it....

thanks for all the kind words and thoughts.

Yep, every day is a gift. We know it but we rarely live like it. I wonder why

that is. We're all guilty of it.

You know also, that you have some other unfinished business................

YOU STILL HAVE TO SHOOT YOUR AGE!!!!!

SLED Gemini

I suppose it has to be one of the great mysteries of golf swings. Almost more of a concept than specific things that are actionable...

Tempo (overall pace fast or slow) and rhythm (the balance of backswing timing to the dead-stop finish) - acceleration (starting smoothly but for sure evenly and deliberately having no stall - balance (the age old weight transfers while turning the mass).

Ladle on top of all those concepts and mysteries - the idea of properly extending more after as opposed to "at" impact. Ninja and others are probably sick of hearing me yap about it so I'll be sure to sum it up and then shut up (lol)... but this idea of extending both arms for the first time fully after versus at impact is one of the things that intuitively just makes absolutely no sense but works like a charm.

We sure can learn a lesson or two from the ladies. They figured it out a long time ago - solid ball striking leads to swing speed - not the other way around. Us testosterone laced male animals just can't wait to flinch and extend all we have "at" the ball. Our brains just somehow have the hardest time with avoiding that little trap.

Anyone care for today's refreshment? Hot day here! Blisteringly so. This man needs a whistle-wetter! Catch you fellers later on this eve.

You are dog gone right on it being humid. Here it is like the dog days in August. Practiced this morning and it was humid at 7AM soaked down a whole change of clothes and a set of arm bands just putting never hit balls. None of my bunch was in town so we did not play today. Went back out to another course nearby that has great fast greens to try the Yonex set up. The putting green was not only fast to begin with but it had dried out and rolled about a 12 no joke. Putted for about an hour and hit maybe 50 balls soaked down another set of clothes. Came back homed changed and showered hit the pool man did it feel good. Just got back in a while ago and I am now cooling it with my customary drink--- my giant cup filled with ice water- I keep 2 coolers on my pick up this time of year and I drank about 6 or 7 bottles in the morning session and 9 in the afternoon session. I drink plenty of water trust me all the time. I drink usually 2 cups of coffee in the morning and from then on it is water even with my meals. I may drink one or two beers every now and then. BTW the Yonex set up did good at the other course I figured if I can putt well with it there I can putt anywhere with it-- we will see

Hey, I also want to welcome Wriggles!

Pull up a seat and chair down. Fresh hand made patties are on the Grille!

I can smell 'em now....................mmmmmmmm.....................

SLED Gemini

Well, had a grill experience last night... here's the skinny... we were all set to go out for this big date and got halfway there and the 'low tire pressure' light came on in the Fusion. So I got out and checked, and sure enough there was a screw in the tire... so we were right at one of those Duke & Duchess/Lottery Ticket Wait In Line/Oh We Also Sell Gas places we have around here, so I put air in it and she drove us back to town as I called the local 'Tire Discounter's' which just happened to be open for another hour and a half. So we got the car to that place. The guy said an hour and a half, but come back cause they close then, so he got my cell #. Right across the road was Pappy's Grill http://www.pappysgri....com/about.html cool place, especially on Saturday night. Keep in mind, not as cool as the Clubhouse Grille, but cool. So we went there, got oyster and clam baskets, soaked up the atmosphere, she even talked golf, like here, ha. The tire guy called early, and said the car was ready. So my sweet wife (she's ultra sweet) said "I'll run across the street and get it" cause my foot drop situation makes it hard for me to cross the highway like that (it's a 4 laner).... isn't she something? Well, she came back with the car, and here's the kicker, she said, "how much did the guy say it was gonna be?" and I said $24.95 and she said "well, he said "put the card away, no charge ma'am". So she asked why and the guy said, 'well, we do that once in a while, so enjoy your evening'... wasn't that nice? So the whole day, 18 holes, beautiful weather, screw in tire, Pappy's Grill, free tire repair, etc. (your interpretation) was just fabulous...

Wow Sixty, that IS a great day. Isn't it amazing how sometimes these great days

unfold when something quite accidental happens and you end up just going where

it takes you?!! Awesome!

Thanks Rad, so we topped off our fabulous (a word I'm known for around these parts) Ferris Bueller's (weekend) with our son taking us out to eat at one of our favorite restaurants, BJ's Brewhouse in Columbus, (first pic below) then we went to Westerville, near here (where Jason Day and family live)... (I hope I'm not boring anybody with my weekend stories here at the grille)... anyway I took my wife to this place called Columbus Running Company in Westerville to get her some new running shoes, and we were pleasantly shocked, the store is the exact store that was the jewelry store where we bought our wedding rings 43 years ago this coming September. Unreal, they still had the vault in the back. So we had to get a pic of us on the inside, not the vault, the store, ha (second pic below)... So it was the "Sixty's Coolest Day's Off"...

NINJA^^^ You are darn skippy about Mickey Wright. I saw her play at a charity exibition when I was a pup. Now she had a little age on her then but she still had power and the sound her ball made coming off the irons. My old man being the teaching pro he was pointed out to me the great arm extension!

That is the coolest thing ever to have seen Mickey live.

:busted_cop: Warning: "Brief" technical post coming. I would tell my friend BIG STU this if we were in a real bar, so I don't mean anybody any offense by it. End of warning. :busted_cop:

The arm extension and high finish is the signature of a swing that had the proper DOWNSWING plane. When the downswing is on an ideal and efficient plane, the momentum of the clubhead will naturally want to stay on that plane. And to take the clubhead OFF that plane would require more energy than if you were to just allow it to naturally slow down. The golfers that maintain a high and unforced finish like that have for sure swung the clubhead with maximum efficiency and consistency.

Although the finish is AFTER impact and this does not affect ball flight, technically you don't HAVE to have a good finish, but if you don't you are wasting energy and also taking the clubpath off plane may work its way backwards and start earlier in the swing, which won't be good if it starts happening before impact..

To put it another way, you don't have to have a nice finish like Mickey in order to hit the ball right, but if you do, you are increasing your chances of it. As Nicklaus once stated, a finish like Mickey's with the hands up as high as they were at the top and also with the trail arm extended straight is the "pose of champions".

TEE CB2 13* 3w, 43.5", 57g Fujikura Motore F1 X-flex
TEE CB2 15* 3w, 43" 65g Fujikura Motore F1 S-flex
Miura Black Boron 1957 Small Blades 2i-PW, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
Miura Black Wedges 53* and 60*, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
GripMaster Club Maker's Stitchback Grips
34" Piretti Bosa, GripMaster Pistol Grip

Registered Bladeocrat
Outlaw Golf Association Member #7

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)