2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Kirkland Signature (Costco) golf balls (MERGED) (NO BST POSTS)

Swoff57

With a name like Kirkland Signature I couldn't resist (my first name is Kirklan)! Ordered 4 dozen and plan to use them this winter. Probably hand out a sleeve or two to my friends on our Vegas trip the first week of November. It will be nice having them all line up putts with my name on the ball...hehe

On a side note, what would be the easiest way to remove the D on the Kirkland so it just says Kirklan Signature on it?

You could also try painting over it with white-out or try altering the logo into something else with a black sharpie?

Looks like this thread is going to cost me some $ now, but hopefully save me $ in the end. For $30 I don't see any reason not to give these a shot.

Taylormade M3 w/ Tensei CK White-70X
Taylormade SIM 5 wood w/ HZRDUS Smoke Black-80X
Sub 70 699u Pro 2 iron 17* w/ HZRDUS Smoke Black-90X
Mizuno MMC 4-6 w/ Dynamic Gold- X100

Mizuno MP20 7-PW w/ Dynamic Gold-X100
Mizuno MP T20 50*, 54*, 58* w/ Dynamic Gold S-400 
Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

Ok, so I played my first round with the ball today (I normally play the Chrome Soft '16):

Driver: Felt solid, long (averaged 285 with 2 at 301 and 303), did not ballooned, I did not see any additional side spin at all

3W: Very solid, I used my 3W almost all day, 250 carry with 270 total, low penetrating ball flight

Irons: felt softer than the Pro V1X with a bit of extra spin, which helped me a lot

Wedges: Love it, great feel and spun just right, off the fairway I spun back a few shots, most shots one hop and stop

Putter: Felt like a Pro V1X or just a bit softer

Played at Lee's Hill Golf Course in Fredericksburg, VA, shot 72 (4 birdies and 4 bogeys), overall I think this ball is a win and at $30 for 2 doz we can't loose...pleasantly surprised with the performance of this ball. At the beginning I was being clowned by my friends "what is that????? a Kirkland golf ball????, really????", then I started to hit good shot after good shot with backspinning some and one hop and stopping others, and reaching par 5s in 2, at the end they paid for lunch and asked me for a sample ball, which I gave each one a ball...lets see what they say after putting it in play.

Don't be afraid to give these golf ball a try, you will be surprised...

PS: I just ordered another 2 Doz!!!!

DRIVER: Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5*, Ventus TR Blue 6TX at 45"
3 WOOD: Callaway Paradym HL 16.5*, Diamana Flower Band White, D+ 82X Flex, tipped 1" at 42"
7 WOOD: Callaway Paradym 21*, Tensei AV white 75g S Flex, tipped 1" at 41"

IRONS: Callaway Apex MB 7-10, CB 4-6 -- DG TI S400

WEDGES: Callaway JAWS Raw 50, 54, 58 -- DG TI S400
PUTTER: SC Phantom 5, Stability Shaft, 33.25", Garsen Quad Tour grip (Toulon Chicago as back up)
BALL: Callaway CT X (current gamer), Srixon Diamond, -ProV1X and ProV1

I played a few holes this afternoon with the K-Sig; my order arrived yesterday.

First impression - this ball is the real deal. Every bit as good as the Snell MTB, TM Lethal, and Chrome Soft I put it up against.

The only negative I could find was the numbers on the balls are very small.

I'll do more testing over the next 7-10 days.

PXG Black Ops 10.5* - Ventus Velocore Blue TR 6X

PXG Gen 5 0311 15* - Aldila Tour Blue 75X

PXG  Gen 5 0311 19* - Aldila Tour Blue 85X

PXG 0311T Gen 5 4-P - DG120 X100

Titleist Vokey SM9 50*, 56*, 60* - DGTI S400

PXG Bat Attack H

Chrome Soft/Vice Pro Lime

Ksigs are in store at San Diego Costco on Morena. First thing you see when you walk in the store. Couldn't help myself and picked up four dozen more.

Played my second round with these today. Absolutely love them. They spin more for me in the short game than the ProV1x or TPX. Very much like a Prov1 with wedges and greenside stuff. Mid-to-long game plays like a ProV1x or TPX. I can't see myself playing anything other than the Ksig for the foreseeable future.

Ksigs are in store at San Diego Costco on Morena. First thing you see when you walk in the store. Couldn't help myself and picked up four dozen more.

Played my second round with these today. Absolutely love them. They spin more for me in the short game than the ProV1x or TPX. Very much like a Prov1 with wedges and greenside stuff. Mid-to-long game plays like a ProV1x or TPX. I can't see myself playing anything other than the Ksig for the foreseeable future.

I am with you my friend, I just played my first round with it today and I am sold...

DRIVER: Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5*, Ventus TR Blue 6TX at 45"
3 WOOD: Callaway Paradym HL 16.5*, Diamana Flower Band White, D+ 82X Flex, tipped 1" at 42"
7 WOOD: Callaway Paradym 21*, Tensei AV white 75g S Flex, tipped 1" at 41"

IRONS: Callaway Apex MB 7-10, CB 4-6 -- DG TI S400

WEDGES: Callaway JAWS Raw 50, 54, 58 -- DG TI S400
PUTTER: SC Phantom 5, Stability Shaft, 33.25", Garsen Quad Tour grip (Toulon Chicago as back up)
BALL: Callaway CT X (current gamer), Srixon Diamond, -ProV1X and ProV1

Damn you all! Damn you all to Hell!!

I was going to wait until spring an buy some of these balls when our local store started stocking them, but you all have convinced me to spend my money now and order a double dozen. Not sure if I'll play them or not, but I'll have them. or not, but I'll have them (knowing me, I'll lose a coulple during around and resort back to my .60 Slazenger balls because I'm a cheap ba*stard).

P.S. I really don't damn anyone to Hell...it was just funnier that way. At least to me.

Sto Pro Veritate

This does change the calculus for the used ball value proposition, but $8/dz OG Hex Chrome still has some allure as well. I think this takes a swipe out of the top end of the used ball market more than the middle to low end of it.

Where can one find Hex Chromes for $8/dz?

Lostgolfballs.com has them for $8/dz refinished, or $8/dz AAAA as a mix of Hex Chrome and Hex Chrome +. Add something from the "6 free balls" promo and you'll get free shipping as well.

[size=3][color=#000000][b]Cobra [/b][/color][color=#808080]King F8+[/color] [color=#000000][i]Driver 10.5* [/i] | Matrix 65M4 Black Tie S[/color]
[color=#000000][b]Cobra[/b] [/color][color=#808080]King F8[/color] [color=#000000][i]3/4w 14.5* [/i]| Aldila NV Blue 2KXV S[/color]
[color=#000000][b]Cobra [/b][/color][color=#808080]King F8 [/color][color=#000000][i]5/6w 17.5* [/i]| [/color][/size][color=#000000][size=3]Aldila NV Blue 2KXV S[/size][/color]
[size=3][color=#000000][b][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cobra [/font][/b][/color][color=#808080][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]King F8[/font][/color] [color=#000000][i]4h 22*[/i] | Aldila Rogue Pro 75 S[/color][/size]
[size=3][color=#000000][b]Cobra [/b][/color][color=#808080]Bio Cell +[/color] [color=#000000][i]5i - Gw[/i] | [/color][/size][color=#000000][size=3]TT Dynalite Gold XP S300[/size][/color]
[size=3][color=#000000][b]Cobra [/b][/color][color=#808080]King WideLow[/color] [color=#000000][i]56* & 60* [/i]| TT Dynamic Gold S200[/color]
[color=#000000][b]Cleveland [/b][/color][color=#808080]TFi 2135 Satin Elevado CB[/color] [color=#000000][i]Putter [/i]| 35" Counterbalance[/color]
[color=#000000][b]Ogio [/b][/color][color=#696969]OZone Cart [/color]| [color=#000000][b]Ogio [/b][/color][color=#696969]Shredder Stand[/color][/size][color=#696969][size=3] [/size][/color][size=3]| [/size][color=#000000][size=3][b]Orlimar [/b][/size][/color][color=#696969][size=3]Pitch & Putt Stand[/size][/color]

It sounds like the placebo effect is going strong in this thread...

OR... It's a very good ball that for 15 bucks a dozen can't be beat, and possibly can't be definitively beat by any other ball I've played... I'm going to play 18 with it tomorrow in 25+ mph winds.. but so far from 2 practice sessions and a few holes I don't have anything to say about the ball that's bad... I've never known the Kirkland brand to put out anything but top quality stuff, I feel like this is another example of that.

Someone needs to interview someone at Costco who was in on this decision and get the inside scoop on how this deal was done...

It sounds like the placebo effect is going strong in this thread...

Maybe so.

I've played two rounds so far with this ball and LOVE it. I'm using my second one as I lost ball 1 after 30 holes.

I have given away 4 other Kirkland balls and all 4 recipients were also Placebo'd. They all really liked the ball as well.

Granted, as science projects go, these are all really short term results, but considering that the balls have only been available for about two weeks, early adopters seem thrilled.

I haven't heard one negative from anyone....so far.

X________________________________ Sign Here

Ordered online on the 8th, received on the 12th. Played on the 14th and 15th. Performance was similar to Pro V1x off the driver and Pro V1 around the greens. I also found the ball to hold it's line well in the wind. I had one ball last a full 18 with minimal wear on the cover. I have been playing Taylormade Tour Preferreds lately and like the KSigs a little better. This ball is the real deal.

This ball should be a game changer for the industry. My friends had different reactions to this ball. Several heard Costco/Kirkland and you could see that their immediate reaction of "cheap". These folks clearly won't even try the ball on their own and maybe not even with a recommendation. Several others had their eyes light up when they heard 4 piece urethane, then "whoa"'d on the price.

I played my 2nd round with the Ksig yesterday. My buddy also tried them for the 1st time.....no placebo affect with these balls. I've played 36 holes with the same ball, birdied the first hole and my buddy tied his low round personal best of 79, with a triple bogey when he drew a bad lie and ran into multiple problems. I shot an 81 also running into some problems out of a bunker. The Ksig has some serious spin! I watched closely each of our balls how they reacted on all types of approach shot, and its amazing the amount of spin. They simply spin more, more than my previous MG ball...I've got to put in some work to learn exactly how they react to pitch and runs, flop shots, standard pitches & chips; I will practice with my new little friend (Mr. Ksig with all of my chipping clubs 8-iron and up). Once I feel I can predict exactly how the Ksig will react from around the greens.....it will be a beautiful thing!

I ordered my 1st dual dozen on a Tuesday and received them the following Tuesday....I live in Texas and they shipped from California. I ordered my next 4 dozen on Thursday, but no word on the shipping as of yet. I love me some Ksig! Updating my avatar on GOLFWRX & THE GRINT!

What's In My Bag:

Driver - Titleist TS3 - Tensei Blue Stiff
3W - Titleist TS2 - Kuro Cage Stiff
3H - Titleist 818 H2 - 19 - Tensei Blue Stiff
4H - Titleist 818 H2 - 21 - Tensei Blue Stiff
5i - 48 Gap - Titleist 718 AP3
Wedges - Titleist Vokey SM7 53 S Grind & 58 M Grind
Putter - Scotty Cameron Futura 5M
Bag - Titleist Players 5 Stand bag
Ball - Titleist AVX
Glove - FootJoy Rain Glove
Watch - Apple Watch 2nd Generation with The Grint App, Shot Scope V2
Laser - Bushnell Tour Z6 Jolt
ClicGear 3.5+ - Blued Out!
======================================
The Grint - Club Chairman / Grint Tour Director - North Texas

I played my 2nd round with the Ksig yesterday. My buddy also tried them for the 1st time.....no placebo affect with these balls. I've played 36 holes with the same ball, birdied the first hole and my buddy tied his low round personal best of 79, with a triple bogey when he drew a bad lie and ran into multiple problems. I shot an 81 also running into some problems out of a bunker. The Ksig has some serious spin! I watched closely each of our balls how they reacted on all types of approach shot, and its amazing the amount of spin. They simply spin more, more than my previous MG ball...I've got to put in some work to learn exactly how they react to pitch and runs, flop shots, standard pitches & chips; I will practice with my new little friend (Mr. Ksig with all of my chipping clubs 8-iron and up). Once I feel I can predict exactly how the Ksig will react from around the greens.....it will be a beautiful thing!

I ordered my 1st dual dozen on a Tuesday and received them the following Tuesday....I live in Texas and they shipped from California. I ordered my next 4 dozen on Thursday, but no word on the shipping as of yet. I love me some Ksig! Updating my avatar on GOLFWRX & THE GRINT!

OMG, based on the last few posts, could these "placebo" balls already be selling out... :busted_cop:

How long did it take everyone to receive their order? I ordered three boxes 5 days ago and the order is still 'processing'...

Ordered mine on 5th and received on 10th. 3 days minus the weekend. Not bad w/free shipping including.

Ok, I ordered mine on the 11th so given the weekend, if they don't come by Wednesday/Thursday of this week, I'll start being concerned.

Someone asked earlier about comparisons to the MG-C4 ball. I've only played one round and 6 holes with the K-Sig, and the 6 holes I played I was able to play both balls every single shot. I think the MG ball feels softer, less dense off the irons and to a lesser degree off the driver. I'm still trying to decide if there is a distance advantage with the MG or if it's my swing, or the placebo affect.

I almost had my very first ace with the K-Sig, with it landing about 8 inches from the hole and then spinning back 5 feet. The MG was about 3-5 yards longer on that same shot. But missed my birdie putt with the K-Sig.

My next round (18 holes) I had 2 birdies with the K-Sig. the ball putts wonderfully. I had some chipping problems that day and thought maybe the ball launched lower on chips then the MG, but it was operator error. Last night I went to the practice green to practice chipping and figured out what I was doing. The K-Sig, has some serious spin around the green, I think a touch more than the MG. I'm going to go play again today, and also give my buddy a dozen so we can play for a match. I'll report back with another review and his take on the wonder of the K-Sig!!

Thank you for this. I do think the MG ball has a bit of a pop to it off the driver. It seems to be a few yards longer with most clubs than any other tour ball. And for sure, the MG is pretty darn soft without feeling mushy, just like a ProV1. The K-Sig, at least initially might feel and play like a ProV1x?

Ok, so I played my first round with the ball today (I normally play the Chrome Soft '16):

Driver: Felt solid, long (averaged 285 with 2 at 301 and 303), did not ballooned, I did not see any additional side spin at all

3W: Very solid, I used my 3W almost all day, 250 carry with 270 total, low penetrating ball flight

Irons: felt softer than the Pro V1X with a bit of extra spin, which helped me a lot

Wedges: Love it, great feel and spun just right, off the fairway I spun back a few shots, most shots one hop and stop

Putter: Felt like a Pro V1X or just a bit softer

Played at Lee's Hill Golf Course in Fredericksburg, VA, shot 72 (4 birdies and 4 bogeys), overall I think this ball is a win and at $30 for 2 doz we can't loose...pleasantly surprised with the performance of this ball. At the beginning I was being clowned by my friends "what is that????? a Kirkland golf ball????, really????", then I started to hit good shot after good shot with backspinning some and one hop and stopping others, and reaching par 5s in 2, at the end they paid for lunch and asked me for a sample ball, which I gave each one a ball...lets see what they say after putting it in play.

Don't be afraid to give these golf ball a try, you will be surprised...

PS: I just ordered another 2 Doz!!!!

Less spin off the driver than the cs? Does it sound clicky or softer off putters and wedges? I'm trying to find a ball that is like the b330 off the tee and the b330s/cs everywhere else.

Got to use it this weekend and my results far exceeded my expectation! A very long, very straight ball with maneuverability and great green side spin.

Give them a try, you won't be disappointed. BTW, I was told these would be mail order only, not available in stores. I ordered mine last Monday, and they arrived on Friday.

Finally put my Kirkland ball in play yesterday. It was great. Never had so many balls check up on the greens, i'm a mid to high handicapper and once I got rolling (I was at 20 strokes through 3 holes...don't ask...) I was playing really well. Solid distance, great stopping power. Shot a 41 on the back 9. Wanted to take a picture of the single ball i used for the whole round (had may one little scuff mark on the ball) but I put it in the water on 18, oops. For the price I won't buy anything else for the foreseeable future. Now we just need them to come in yellow.