2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Kirkland Signature (Costco) golf balls (MERGED) (NO BST POSTS)

Swoff57

Played 18 today with the new K-sig. I have to say it acted like a ProV1x with all the clubs and felt great off the putter. :D

Interesting. Based on the specs that were posted, it looks like it has the slightly softer compression feel of the 'standard' ProV1, but with the extra layer of the V1x.

Now that I typed that, it sounds like the Taylormade TPx

I've got 4 rounds in with the Kirkland so far, and can say it's now my go to ball. I played the same one for 2 rounds, and it still looked great! I finally splashed it in some water when I drew a drive a bit too much and it landed in the water. Goodbye old friend! No need to cry over a ball that costs a little over a buck though! I ordered 2 dozen more, bringing me up to 6 dozen. Should last a long, long time now, as I don't seem to lose balls as much anymore after having the whole summer off to practice. The ball it most compares to for me is the Pro V1x. The ball doesn't seem to spin a lot off the driver, but bites the greens hard, I've left some huge ball marks with these and they come back a bit nicely. Very durable. Buy some, but tell your friends that they suck, or everyone will be playing them!!

Driver: PING G425 LST/Callaway Epic Speed LS
3 wood: Taylormade mini 300
2 Hybrid Callaway Maverick

4 Hybrid Taylormade Superfast

5-UW: Ping i210
Maltby TSW sand wedge

Odyssey OG 2 Ball stroke lab
Titleist ProV1 left dash/Snell MTB-X/Vice Pro Plus

Played 18 today with the new K-sig. I have to say it acted like a ProV1x with all the clubs and felt great off the putter. :D

Interesting. Based on the specs that were posted, it looks like it has the slightly softer compression feel of the 'standard' ProV1, but with the extra layer of the V1x.

It is very much like the TPx. If you like the TPx, you will like the Kirksig. It's basically a more durable TPx. It blows my mind that this ball can be had for $15/dozen.

It is very much like the TPx. If you like the TPx, you will like the Kirksig. It's basically a more durable TPx. It blows my mind that this ball can be had for $15/dozen.

Would it not be more like the tour preferred, with 4 layers? The TPX has 5 layers. Or am I missing something?

I've got 4 rounds in with the Kirkland so far, and can say it's now my go to ball. I played the same one for 2 rounds, and it still looked great! I finally splashed it in some water when I drew a drive a bit too much and it landed in the water. Goodbye old friend! No need to cry over a ball that costs a little over a buck though! I ordered 2 dozen more, bringing me up to 6 dozen. Should last a long, long time now, as I don't seem to lose balls as much anymore after having the whole summer off to practice. The ball it most compares to for me is the Pro V1x. The ball doesn't seem to spin a lot off the driver, but bites the greens hard, I've left some huge ball marks with these and they come back a bit nicely. Very durable. Buy some, but tell your friends that they suck, or everyone will be playing them!!

The K-Sig is in the Sig!!!!!!!

Who will be the first WRXer to change the ball in their signature to the Kirkland Signature ball?

The K-Sig is in the Sig!!!!!!!

The first?

I just typed up a long review and I lost it... I'll get around to re writing one but in short, the balls is fantastic... As good or better than the pro v1x in every category except driver distance and short chips and pitches to fast greens that need to check hard and fast. Rollout is is maybe 3 feet more than the pro v1x on those short flat chips and pitches. I had a bad driving day so it's hard to judge the distance off the D today but it didn't feel short however it didn't impress me in the same way as it did in the other areas. Fairways were soft so no roll but I'll need some more time to hit more drives with the ball...

Putts amazing, pro v1x and TPX distance and height off all the irons, great spin on wedge shots, very very stable in the wind, very straight ball.

I think I saw this mentioned, but want to re-confirm. I'm a really, REALLY bad golfer currently playing mostly Slazenger Raw Distance Feels because of the cost. My fear is that a tour ball will just magnify my weaknesses. Is there any reason that me as a 2,000 handicap should be afraid to give these a try?

Sto Pro Veritate

I think I saw this mentioned, but want to re-confirm. I'm a really, REALLY bad golfer currently playing mostly Slazenger Raw Distance Feels because of the cost. My fear is that a tour ball will just magnify my weaknesses. Is there any reason that me as a 2,000 handicap should be afraid to give these a try?

No.

These may even help you score a little better around the greens, especially putting. Those raw distance balls are tough to get any kind of feel for putts.

Try 'em. Your handicap should be in the 1900's in no time!

X________________________________ Sign Here

I discovered a couple of years back, that while the ProV1 was good is was no longer the best ball bar none out there. Through a connection with Bridgestone I had golf balss from them for quite awhile, they were amazing in flight stability and great for all long shots, but I didn't care for them as much around the green.

Then through a friend that worked for TM in R&D I was able to get my hands on the TP and TPx. The TPx became my go to ball. It was great in the wind and great around the greens.

Then my buddy left TM, and it was back to trying to find golf balls on sale. Switching brands ever couple of months was horrible. So I decided to try Snell. They are great, they performed in between the TP and TPx for me, and the great thing about it was that I could have enough to have some balls for practice as well.

Then a playing partner last week handed me a Kirkland, I laughed. He laughed at my laugh and I hit it on the second hole which is a downhill 140(ish) yard par 3. The ball felt like the TP and reacted much like the TPx on that shot. So I continued to play it off and on the rest of the round. No one behind us? Drop the Kirkland and compare shots with it and the TPx I was playing with. The performance was earily similar for me. The Kirkland performed much like the Snell(somewhere in between the TP and TPx). I only hit it on a few shots, and then managed to horribly fat a wedge into the water, so not a full review.

I am playing this afternoon after work and will try to get in as many holes as possible. I have a couple sleeves of Snells and a couple sleeves of the K Sig's with me and hope to get to truly compare them.

• Driver - Ping G430 Max 10k - Ventus Black 6X | Ping G430 LST 10.5 - Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI TX
  • 3 Wood - Taylormade 300 Mini 13.5 - Ventus Purple X
  • 5 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X 
  • 7 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X | 4 iron - Srixon ZX4 MKII - Axiom 105X
  • 5 - PW Ping BluePrint S - Shaft testing
  • SW - Cleveland RTX6 55* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X | LW - Vokey SM9T 60* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X
  • Putters - Odyssey #7 Knuckle Neck Proto | Odyssey Jailbird Versa Microhinge - Odyssey Tank DBOdyssey Jailbird Ai-One

Those comparing this to the TP and TPX line, are these harder balls?

I associate the TP and TPX as harder balls as far as feel goes.

I prefer the feel of 50 elite, NXT tour S, pro v 1, z stars. Is this ball firm or soft? Or somewhere in between?

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

Costco (or Snell) doesn't have the burden of giving away thousands of balls to tour pros every year (probably more like hundreds of thousands), or the need to make commercials and other forms of advertising.

I suspect that can help in keep costs down.

PXG Black Ops 10.5* - Ventus Velocore Blue TR 6X

PXG Gen 5 0311 15* - Aldila Tour Blue 75X

PXG  Gen 5 0311 19* - Aldila Tour Blue 85X

PXG 0311T Gen 5 4-P - DG120 X100

Titleist Vokey SM9 50*, 56*, 60* - DGTI S400

PXG Bat Attack H

Chrome Soft/Vice Pro Lime

I prefer the feel of 50 elite, NXT tour S, pro v 1, z stars. Is this ball firm or soft? Or somewhere in between?

I saw where someone posted the compression and cover hardness of the K Sig, Prov1 and x, and the TPx in this thread.

FWIW.......I do not associate the TP as being a harder ball. I associate the Prov1x and TPx as harder feeling golf balls, but feel is subjective. I think the compression and cover hardness was similar to the Prov1 in that post but I do not remember. I haven't played a ProV1 in about 10 years now so I don't have a good barometer on that one. As far as the TP, the K Sig felt similar to me, feel wise, but the spin and distance seemed more similar to the TPx. No idea why, but someone else posted that the TPx is a 5 piece ball and the TP is a 4 piece and that may have something to do with it.

• Driver - Ping G430 Max 10k - Ventus Black 6X | Ping G430 LST 10.5 - Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI TX
  • 3 Wood - Taylormade 300 Mini 13.5 - Ventus Purple X
  • 5 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X 
  • 7 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X | 4 iron - Srixon ZX4 MKII - Axiom 105X
  • 5 - PW Ping BluePrint S - Shaft testing
  • SW - Cleveland RTX6 55* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X | LW - Vokey SM9T 60* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X
  • Putters - Odyssey #7 Knuckle Neck Proto | Odyssey Jailbird Versa Microhinge - Odyssey Tank DBOdyssey Jailbird Ai-One

I would not consider it a hard ball, I put them slightly softer feeling than a proV, not as soft as a chrome soft.

I just ordered 2 dozen to try out. I love the Nike rzn tour platinums and have been gaming them for a while now. Since they will no longer be making those I'm hoping these will feel and play similar. Does anyone have a comparison to the tour plats?

This guy on Reddit, who is a very good player (and extremely fast swinger) did an in depth review on his home GC2 setup comparing it to lots of balls.

Here is the data: http://imgur.com/a/PUZ22

Here is the thread where he talks more and answers people's questions: https://www.reddit.c...my_gc2_testing/

Only 8i data for the RZN

Wondering now if the compression is a bit too high for my 88-90 mph swing speed...

[size=3][color=#000000][b]Cobra [/b][/color][color=#808080]King F8+[/color] [color=#000000][i]Driver 10.5* [/i] | Matrix 65M4 Black Tie S[/color]
[color=#000000][b]Cobra[/b] [/color][color=#808080]King F8[/color] [color=#000000][i]3/4w 14.5* [/i]| Aldila NV Blue 2KXV S[/color]
[color=#000000][b]Cobra [/b][/color][color=#808080]King F8 [/color][color=#000000][i]5/6w 17.5* [/i]| [/color][/size][color=#000000][size=3]Aldila NV Blue 2KXV S[/size][/color]
[size=3][color=#000000][b][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cobra [/font][/b][/color][color=#808080][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]King F8[/font][/color] [color=#000000][i]4h 22*[/i] | Aldila Rogue Pro 75 S[/color][/size]
[size=3][color=#000000][b]Cobra [/b][/color][color=#808080]Bio Cell +[/color] [color=#000000][i]5i - Gw[/i] | [/color][/size][color=#000000][size=3]TT Dynalite Gold XP S300[/size][/color]
[size=3][color=#000000][b]Cobra [/b][/color][color=#808080]King WideLow[/color] [color=#000000][i]56* & 60* [/i]| TT Dynamic Gold S200[/color]
[color=#000000][b]Cleveland [/b][/color][color=#808080]TFi 2135 Satin Elevado CB[/color] [color=#000000][i]Putter [/i]| 35" Counterbalance[/color]
[color=#000000][b]Ogio [/b][/color][color=#696969]OZone Cart [/color]| [color=#000000][b]Ogio [/b][/color][color=#696969]Shredder Stand[/color][/size][color=#696969][size=3] [/size][/color][size=3]| [/size][color=#000000][size=3][b]Orlimar [/b][/size][/color][color=#696969][size=3]Pitch & Putt Stand[/size][/color]

Wondering now if the compression is a bit too high for my 88-90 mph swing speed...

That's my same swing speed - I might be a little lower too. What ball do you play now? I've played the PV1 and PV1X before I switched to the Lethal (cheaper and "just as good") and after trying the Chrome Soft (I found it went shorter on the driver for me but not by more than 5 yards or so). Of the balls - I'd take the PV1X as my favorite simply b/c I lose them less and I score better.

While it may feel/sound different - I doubt it will hurt you?

so, as far as "hardness" goes that's probably a direct correlation to cover hardnes as srixon xv and b330's have always felt a bit harder for me, ironically I bomb those 2 balls farther than any others off the tee. What I think some people may be commenting on may not necessarily be hardness, but what I refer to as denseness... that may be related to compression some, but I think it may have something to do with where the weight is located in the ball...

This is just a guess, but I would love to have someone who designs balls drop some knowledge on the subject.. I like balls that are medium soft but feel very dense when hit... to me the pro v1 always felt softer but denser than the pro v1x, more substantial at impact. now the 2016 pro v1x is more dense feeling than years past, but from my experience the balls that feel denser to me almost always fly lower and putt better.

My theory is that there is a little more weight towards the cover than the balls that feel less dense at impact. taking the softness of the cover out of it... it should take balls with more weight towards the cover a little longer to rev up, but once they do it should be a more stable rotation... I have found the pro v1 to fly a bit lower, putt better, and be more stable in the wind than the v1x, but it is a bit shorter off the D and long irons.. on delicate pitches I found the pro v1 to check a bit less then the v1x but be very consistent in the rollout.

The costco ball feels in the same order of the pro v1 but it definitely flies a bit higher for me, this may be the dimple pattern... My drives really climbed high and I would lose distance as a result however my swing was a bit steep and I was sending the driver high with some left to right, I had a hard time hitting draws but that was me... the costco ball definitely didn't over spin and for the most part it kept the fade a fade, even in a strong L-R wind when I hung one right.

I can definitely deal with the less greenside check up, I'll be getting some new wedges soon with new grooves and that will help.... But for me, I'll have to get a good handle on the driver distance and flight... sometimes a driver and a ball are not a good match, though I'm pretty sure this was all me. also the costco ball is very very similar to both the prov and pro v1x, at the absolute very least it could be an outstanding practice option then game a pro v in tourneys and matches... at 15 bucks a dozen I don't see how anyone can not try them...

so, as far as "hardness" goes that's probably a direct correlation to cover hardnes as srixon xv and b330's have always felt a bit harder for me, ironically I bomb those 2 balls farther than any others off the tee. What I think some people may be commenting on may not necessarily be hardness, but what I refer to as denseness... that may be related to compression some, but I think it may have something to do with where the weight is located in the ball...

This is just a guess, but I would love to have someone who designs balls drop some knowledge on the subject.. I like balls that are medium soft but feel very dense when hit... to me the pro v1 always felt softer but denser than the pro v1x, more substantial at impact. now the 2016 pro v1x is more dense feeling than years past, but from my experience the balls that feel denser to me almost always fly lower and putt better.

My theory is that there is a little more weight towards the cover than the balls that feel less dense at impact. taking the softness of the cover out of it... it should take balls with more weight towards the cover a little longer to rev up, but once they do it should be a more stable rotation... I have found the pro v1 to fly a bit lower, putt better, and be more stable in the wind than the v1x, but it is a bit shorter off the D and long irons.. on delicate pitches I found the pro v1 to check a bit less then the v1x but be very consistent in the rollout.

The costco ball feels in the same order of the pro v1 but it definitely flies a bit higher for me, this may be the dimple pattern... My drives really climbed high and I would lose distance as a result however my swing was a bit steep and I was sending the driver high with some left to right, I had a hard time hitting draws but that was me... the costco ball definitely didn't over spin and for the most part it kept the fade a fade, even in a strong L-R wind when I hung one right.

I can definitely deal with the less greenside check up, I'll be getting some new wedges soon with new grooves and that will help.... But for me, I'll have to get a good handle on the driver distance and flight... sometimes a driver and a ball are not a good match, though I'm pretty sure this was all me. also the costco ball is very very similar to both the prov and pro v1x, at the absolute very least it could be an outstanding practice option then game a pro v in tourneys and matches... at 15 bucks a dozen I don't see how anyone can not try them...

from golfballtest.org:

Cover Hardness is a measurement of how much the golf ball’s surface indents when a constant load is applied to it. It is an indication of how a golf ball feels around the green. The lower the rating the more the ball indents and feels softer, the higher the rating the less the ball indents and feels firmer.

Manufacturers often address the hardness of the various layers within a multilayer golf ball construction and design.

Our testing at GolfBallTest.org addresses the golf ball’s surface hardness. We utilize a TECLOCK Type C hardness tester to conduct our hardness test. Learn more on our golf ball performance testing methods at www.GolfBallSelector.com.

Compression is a measurement of how much a golf ball deforms (compresses) when a load is applied to it. It is an indication of how a golf ball feels at impact. The lower the rating the more the ball deforms and feels softer, the higher the rating the less the ball deforms and feels firmer.

Manufacturers often address the golf ball’s core compression when talking about its construction and design. The core is typically referred to as the inner most part of the golf ball in a two- or three- piece construction.

Our testing at GolfBallTest.org addresses the golf ball’s overall compression. We do not test the golf ball’s internal core compression. We utilize ATTI and Majestix compression testers to conduct our overall golf ball compression test. Learn more on our golf ball performance testing methods at www.GolfBallSelector.com.

from golfballtest.org:

Cover Hardness is a measurement of how much the golf ball’s surface indents when a constant load is applied to it. It is an indication of how a golf ball feels around the green. The lower the rating the more the ball indents and feels softer, the higher the rating the less the ball indents and feels firmer.

Manufacturers often address the hardness of the various layers within a multilayer golf ball construction and design.

Our testing at GolfBallTest.org addresses the golf ball’s surface hardness. We utilize a TECLOCK Type C hardness tester to conduct our hardness test. Learn more on our golf ball performance testing methods at www.GolfBallSelector.com.

Compression is a measurement of how much a golf ball deforms (compresses) when a load is applied to it. It is an indication of how a golf ball feels at impact. The lower the rating the more the ball deforms and feels softer, the higher the rating the less the ball deforms and feels firmer.

Manufacturers often address the golf ball’s core compression when talking about its construction and design. The core is typically referred to as the inner most part of the golf ball in a two- or three- piece construction.

Our testing at GolfBallTest.org addresses the golf ball’s overall compression. We do not test the golf ball’s internal core compression. We utilize ATTI and Majestix compression testers to conduct our overall golf ball compression test. Learn more on our golf ball performance testing methods at www.GolfBallSelector.com.

Not sure what the point of this is, but, thank you?

I just got done reading through Rock Ishii's patent on a ball design filed in dec. of 2012... It seems to confirm my hypothesis...

The patent is filed for a 4 layer ball, an inner core, an outer core, an inner cover and an outer cover....

In his filing he states that aside from hardness, a ball with too large and dense a core will spin too much (rev up faster) and typically feel softer.

His design states that the most dense part of his golf ball specified in the patent filing is the inner cover, which will make the flight characteristics of the ball more stable.

The quotes you posted from golfballtest.org says they only test total ball compression and cover hardness... I surmise that that is too simple a method as even they state that hardness and compression vary through the different layers and very much could affect feel, sound, and performance... a softer compression ball could possibly feel firmer if the inner cover is hard and dense...

Basically, I have found balls that I really like that reflect other characteristics besides just compression and hardness... I look for reasons why I like that particular feel... and from what I have come up with, more dense (not necessarily hard) outer layers give me that heavy and substantial feel and sound I like, they also seem more stable in spin, flight, and roll off of every club... Zinc, barium, other various rubber polymers have different molecular weights and therefore varying masses and differences in the way they transfer energy... I'm fascinated by the differences you can create among balls the same size that weigh the same amount simply by changing the size of the layers and bymanipulating the density and hardness around between the layers...

from golfballtest.org:

Not sure what the point of this is, but, thank you?

I just got done reading through Rock Ishii's patent on a ball design filed in dec. of 2012... It seems to confirm my hypothesis...

The patent is filed for a 4 layer ball, an inner core, an outer core, an inner cover and an outer cover....

In his filing he states that aside from hardness, a ball with too large and dense a core will spin too much (rev up faster) and typically feel softer.

His design states that the most dense part of his golf ball specified in the patent filing is the inner cover, which will make the flight characteristics of the ball more stable.

The quotes you posted from golfballtest.org says they only test total ball compression and cover hardness... I surmise that that is too simple a method as even they state that hardness and compression vary through the different layers and very much could affect feel, sound, and performance... a softer compression ball could possibly feel firmer if the inner cover is hard and dense...

Basically, I have found balls that I really like that reflect other characteristics besides just compression and hardness... I look for reasons why I like that particular feel... and from what I have come up with, more dense (not necessarily hard) outer layers give me that heavy and substantial feel and sound I like, they also seem more stable in spin, flight, and roll off of every club... Zinc, barium, other various rubber polymers have different molecular weights and therefore varying masses and differences in the way they transfer energy... I'm fascinated by the differences you can create among balls the same size that weigh the same amount simply by changing the size of the layers and bymanipulating the density and hardness around between the layers...

sorry, I thought it would be a good idea to define what they - golfballtest.org - mean by "hardness" and "compression". but I get what you're saying.

That's my same swing speed - I might be a little lower too. What ball do you play now? I've played the PV1 and PV1X before I switched to the Lethal (cheaper and "just as good") and after trying the Chrome Soft (I found it went shorter on the driver for me but not by more than 5 yards or so). Of the balls - I'd take the PV1X as my favorite simply b/c I lose them less and I score better.

While it may feel/sound different - I doubt it will hurt you?

Right now mostly original Hex Chrome (not Plus), Gamer V2, and e6. I also had some flawed memory on what the compressions of those balls are, which makes me realize I apparently can't feel the difference between a 50 (e6) and a 80 (Hex Chrome), or in between (Gamer V2) because I thought these were all in the 60s. Sounds like I should be fine, but it also makes me want to try some of the lower-compression Urethane balls like the Duo Urethane, if I can find them.

[size=3][color=#000000][b]Cobra [/b][/color][color=#808080]King F8+[/color] [color=#000000][i]Driver 10.5* [/i] | Matrix 65M4 Black Tie S[/color]
[color=#000000][b]Cobra[/b] [/color][color=#808080]King F8[/color] [color=#000000][i]3/4w 14.5* [/i]| Aldila NV Blue 2KXV S[/color]
[color=#000000][b]Cobra [/b][/color][color=#808080]King F8 [/color][color=#000000][i]5/6w 17.5* [/i]| [/color][/size][color=#000000][size=3]Aldila NV Blue 2KXV S[/size][/color]
[size=3][color=#000000][b][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cobra [/font][/b][/color][color=#808080][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]King F8[/font][/color] [color=#000000][i]4h 22*[/i] | Aldila Rogue Pro 75 S[/color][/size]
[size=3][color=#000000][b]Cobra [/b][/color][color=#808080]Bio Cell +[/color] [color=#000000][i]5i - Gw[/i] | [/color][/size][color=#000000][size=3]TT Dynalite Gold XP S300[/size][/color]
[size=3][color=#000000][b]Cobra [/b][/color][color=#808080]King WideLow[/color] [color=#000000][i]56* & 60* [/i]| TT Dynamic Gold S200[/color]
[color=#000000][b]Cleveland [/b][/color][color=#808080]TFi 2135 Satin Elevado CB[/color] [color=#000000][i]Putter [/i]| 35" Counterbalance[/color]
[color=#000000][b]Ogio [/b][/color][color=#696969]OZone Cart [/color]| [color=#000000][b]Ogio [/b][/color][color=#696969]Shredder Stand[/color][/size][color=#696969][size=3] [/size][/color][size=3]| [/size][color=#000000][size=3][b]Orlimar [/b][/size][/color][color=#696969][size=3]Pitch & Putt Stand[/size][/color]

Ball is legit.

I'm a 108-113 SS who has an ongoing love affair with the Tour Plat and today I played a KSig all day and saw 0 distance loss, nothing wayward and nothing out of the ordinary on wedges

I jarred a 110y wedge by hop, stop, and back spun into the hole.

Ball plays almost identical to my tour plats. Launches about the same and flies the same.

Ball is legit.

First post here. Stumbled across this thread while doing some research on the E6, Soft Feel, Duo, etc, and ended up buying 4 dozen K-Sig's the day they showed up online. Played 9 after work last night and I was very impressed, but I'm not sure if what I was the ball or the work I have put in this year. Instead of saying how it feels compared to a premium ball, I'm going to say what I saw.

Driver: I hit 3 of 4 Fairways that I hit driver on. Distance and shot shape seemed about the same.

Fairway Woods : Hit 1 of 2 fairways with my 5 Wood. Big jump in distance and the ball just pierced through the air. First drive was 15 yards past where I normally end up and rolled through the fairway into a bunker. Second drive was 20 yards longer than normal and set me up for a legit shot at the green which I knocked onto the front edge for a Eagle putt.

Hybrids: Hit 3 shots all night with these. Hit 2 greens out of fairway bunkers and stuck a ball within 3 feet on a par 210 yard Par 3. All 3 shots seemed to carry 5 to 6 yards longer than I expected, and they stopped within 2 yards of ball mark.

Ball flight on the fairway wood and the hybrid was like nothing I have ever seen out of me. The ball got up quicker than normal, but somehow carried more distance and had a slight draw.

Irons: Hit some real ugly shots with these. Balls that started off line just kept going further and further off line and it seemed more pronounced than with the E6 or the Soft Feel. I didn't get anything close to the target all night.

Wedges. Bad iron play led to a lot of wedge play. Shots definitely rolled out less than I was used to. Left myself some long putts early on because of that. Started flying the ball to the hole later in the round, and ended up chipping in from 35 yards out on the 6th hole for birdie.

Putter: Honestly, didn't notice a difference. Made the ones I thought I should.

I'll probably pick up another 4 dozen. I go on 3 golf trips per year, so I can burn through a lot of balls in a year. Everyone I've told about them is curious, so I can always use them as gifts if I decide to keep playing the E6.