2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Kirkland Signature (Costco) golf balls (MERGED) (NO BST POSTS)

Swoff57

Ball is legit.

I'm a 108-113 SS who has an ongoing love affair with the Tour Plat and today I played a KSig all day and saw 0 distance loss, nothing wayward and nothing out of the ordinary on wedges

I jarred a 110y wedge by hop, stop, and back spun into the hole.

Ball plays almost identical to my tour plats. Launches about the same and flies the same.

Ball is legit.

This is exactly what I wanted to hear! I love the tour plat too and was sad when I heard the news they would no longer make it. But this is helping ease the pain!

So I was finally able to get out on the course with my K-Sigs.

My normal course was closed due to the Member-Guest, so I ran over to the other course and walked 9 holes last night.

Me: 40, played in college, tried mini tours, got a real job. SS with the driver in the 114-118 range. +.8 handicap. Who cares how far I hit an iron cause they all have different lofts.

I hit a gap wedge into the green that ended up two feet closer to me from the ball mark. I couldn't see the action very well, but seemed normal.

Hit a mid iron into the green(7 Iron) and it was two feet beyond it's pitch mark, once again normal.

Hit a 9 iron into a green that stopped where it hit.

Hit another gap wedge that spun back about two feet.

I hit 6 fairways and 7 greens. I didn't get to chip a whole lot with it, one was a normal chip from a couple of feet off the green, tap in. The other was from deep rough that I had to gouge it out of, and couldn't really tell anything from it. Putting was fine, felt softer than the B330, and about the same as the Snell and TPx off of the putter.

In general what I saw was similar behavior to the TPx and Snell MTB which are my go to golf balls. On 16(the routing there is weird) I hit a choked up knock down type shot with my SW that hit jumped forward about a foot and spun back 5 feet. Now there was no wind, so I am not sure how it performs there, but everything else was great.

I am pretty sure I have found my new golf ball, once I get to test it in the wind I will know

If it is 100% my golf ball or....

Golf ball for practice rounds not in the wind.

• Driver - Ping G430 Max 10k - Ventus Black 6X | Ping G430 LST 10.5 - Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI TX
  • 3 Wood - Taylormade 300 Mini 13.5 - Ventus Purple X
  • 5 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X 
  • 7 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X | 4 iron - Srixon ZX4 MKII - Axiom 105X
  • 5 - PW Ping BluePrint S - Shaft testing
  • SW - Cleveland RTX6 55* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X | LW - Vokey SM9T 60* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X
  • Putters - Odyssey #7 Knuckle Neck Proto | Odyssey Jailbird Versa Microhinge - Odyssey Tank DBOdyssey Jailbird Ai-One

First post here. Stumbled across this thread while doing some research on the E6, Soft Feel, Duo, etc, and ended up buying 4 dozen K-Sig's the day they showed up online. Played 9 after work last night and I was very impressed, but I'm not sure if what I was the ball or the work I have put in this year. Instead of saying how it feels compared to a premium ball, I'm going to say what I saw.

Driver: I hit 3 of 4 Fairways that I hit driver on. Distance and shot shape seemed about the same.

Fairway Woods : Hit 1 of 2 fairways with my 5 Wood. Big jump in distance and the ball just pierced through the air. First drive was 15 yards past where I normally end up and rolled through the fairway into a bunker. Second drive was 20 yards longer than normal and set me up for a legit shot at the green which I knocked onto the front edge for a Eagle putt.

Hybrids: Hit 3 shots all night with these. Hit 2 greens out of fairway bunkers and stuck a ball within 3 feet on a par 210 yard Par 3. All 3 shots seemed to carry 5 to 6 yards longer than I expected, and they stopped within 2 yards of ball mark.

Ball flight on the fairway wood and the hybrid was like nothing I have ever seen out of me. The ball got up quicker than normal, but somehow carried more distance and had a slight draw.

Irons: Hit some real ugly shots with these. Balls that started off line just kept going further and further off line and it seemed more pronounced than with the E6 or the Soft Feel. I didn't get anything close to the target all night.

Wedges. Bad iron play led to a lot of wedge play. Shots definitely rolled out less than I was used to. Left myself some long putts early on because of that. Started flying the ball to the hole later in the round, and ended up chipping in from 35 yards out on the 6th hole for birdie.

Putter: Honestly, didn't notice a difference. Made the ones I thought I should.

I'll probably pick up another 4 dozen. I go on 3 golf trips per year, so I can burn through a lot of balls in a year. Everyone I've told about them is curious, so I can always use them as gifts if I decide to keep playing the E6.

Welcome to the board! Solid first post and review!

Costco employee relative told me on Wednesday that there are emails going back and forth about ordering K-Sigs (I like the nickname BTW) for in-store sale (at least for the Northeast, including Virginia). No word on whether the orders have actually been placed, but I wouldn't be surprised if the end of the free shipping deal is tied to an in-store roll-out. Sounds to me like the online sales are pushing up the in-store release date.

No one has seen them in stores yet, correct?

I played the K-Sig for the first time this morning. My normal ball is the Titleist Pro V1 Practice ball that they sell at the PGA SS for $30 a dozen.

Driver – Just as long at the ProV1. No more or no less noticeable side spin. Distance was about the same. I hit some really good drives and two bad ones. Bad ones were due my patented pull hook and no ball can fix that.

Irons – Same flight and distance. Shots that hit the green stayed on the green. Longest iron into the green was a 5 iron which stopped within two feet of where it landed.

Wedges – Same amount of spin and check. Chips stopped after two hops and minimal roll out. Wedges from 100 yards in stopped and backed up about 12 inches.

Putter – I was putting lights out today. It wasn’t due to the ball because it feels just like the ProV1. I was on for some reason. No three putts.

I shot an 82. Played very well with no three putts or blow up holes, which are my two nemeses. Overall the K-Sig is my new ball because it’s just as good for HALF the price.

Just ordered a box to try, unfortunately for me Costco doesn't do free shipping to Alaska so I had to chip in an extra $7. I doubt they'll get them in stock here until next year since t's getting cold so I figured I would order. I usually play used golf balls. Lately I've been using Chromesofts and Superhots from Costco. I've also dabbled in various Taylormade balls as well. I'm not very good at judging how a golf ball performs, but am looking forward to giving these a shot

Well I played the k-sig yesterday and shot my career low 73!! Burnt the edge on the 18th for eagle that would've made it an even par 72... So, my thoughts on the k-sig. I played it and maxfli u/3 which has won a place in my heart and in my bag. The u/3 is very underated and especially since I picked them up for $8 per dozen! Anyway, I feel like the k-sig performed well. I do feel like I got more side spin than I do with the u/3, and my drives that I missed moved more right to left than usual! Spin around the green was good. I will say I feel like the Snell may have more green side spin, but my greens were very firm yesterday! Feels great off the putter and off my irons, just gotta work on that side spin off my driver! Needless to say I'm currently trying to order another double dozen before the price goes up, and that speaks for itself! I'm a little bit of a snob, and have to get used to telling people I'm playing the Kirkland Signature! Other than than its a great ball for the money!!

Driver: 9* Callaway Rogue sub zero w/ hzrdus yellow 6.5
3w: 15* Callaway epic w/ aldila rogue 110 s flex
Hybrid: 19* Mizuno Jpx 900 w/ fujikura s flex
DI:  Adams dhy 21* w/ aldilla green S flex
Irons: Mizuno mp 18 sc 5-pw w/ Nippon modus 3 120x
Wedges: Vokey sm7 raw 50 F, 55 S, 60 M w/ dynamic gold black s400
Putter: Scotty Cameron newport 3 w/ super stroke

WRXer's broke Costco's website. I bet it's been awhile since they have had so much traffic on it.

It's a trick... Costco knew I was on the fence for buying 9 more dozen balls... So they took the site down to make me feel like I missed my chance, so that when the site goes back up I won't hesitate and buy the 9 dozen right away. Joke's on them... I'm only going to buy 8 dozen now.

So, I was on the golf course today and got paired up with a high level Costco Staffer. He was a really nice guy and I noticed he was playing a ball I never seen before. So on the 10th green I asked what ball he was playing. He told me it was a kirkland Signature ball. He went on to tell me that Costco will start selling the ball this October.

OP, I just wanted to applaud you for posting the first ever industry rumor I read on this site that was true!

Leonardo-DiCaprio-Clap.gif

X________________________________ Sign Here

It's going to affect Callaway because those are the balls Costco sold before they introduced the Kirkland's. Callaway will sell less balls through Costco which is going to hurt them.

That said I got my delivery this week and it tried it out on Wednesday. I only used one ball, which in itself is rare that I don't lose one or hit one into a hazard. It held up well, so the cover can take a pretty good beating as I did hit a tree and the cart path with it.

In terms of distance, they seem very close to the Chrome Soft, +- 5 yards max. The Kirkland also played well around the greens, checking up on chips and on one tee shot with my pitching wedge the ball spun back about 3 feet.

I'm going to play it a few more rounds with them but if they perform like they did Wednesday, that will be my primary ball.

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

Just ordered 2 doz. I got it just as bad as the rest of you guys.

My golf ball inventory continues to grow and grow.

I simply buy them faster than I can use them up. I start off every round with a brand new ball. I'm starting to fill up my 2nd 5 gal bucket with premium balls that were played 1 round.

Average Wrx'er here.

Callaway Mavrik Max 10.5°
Callaway XR 16 3 wood
Callaway Mavrik Max 3 thru 5 hybrids
Srixon z565 6 thru PW
48°, 52° & 58° Cleveland CBX wedges
Ping Sigma 2 Kushin C flat stick

All subject to change in the blink of an eye.........and I blink a lot.

With a name like Kirkland Signature I couldn't resist (my first name is Kirklan)! Ordered 4 dozen and plan to use them this winter. Probably hand out a sleeve or two to my friends on our Vegas trip the first week of November. It will be nice having them all line up putts with my name on the ball...hehe

On a side note, what would be the easiest way to remove the D on the Kirkland so it just says Kirklan Signature on it?

Ball is legit. Very pro v1-like on feel off all clubs. Flies a little on the high side but distance is very good. For the price, I'm buying these from now on.

Not a big deal for people, but I do like the small font/branding on the ball. When I'm standing over the ball, the logo isn't staring at me in a big and bold font.

http://www.golfwrx.com/406976/917-vs-915-results-from-the-ultimate-titleist-driver-fitting-experience/

This review is for the rest of us. I played 4 rounds with the KSig TP this week.

Just so you know, I don’t drive the ball 300 yards, I don’t have a swing speed of 125, and I don’t use premium balls. My bag: Ping G20 driver at 12 degrees plus the matching 5 and 7 woods, Adams Idea Tech V4 graphite hybrid irons, Cleveland GC15 wedges and a Cleveland T-Frame putter. All summer long I’ve used the Callaway Costco balls, the Superhots, Titleist Velocity and maybe some old Top Flight Gamers.

I’m a 24 handicap now trailing to a 23 after this week’s rounds.

So all that being said, I love these balls. As you can see with my choice of balls I could never hold a green. And now I can.

Driver: I noticed a good 5 to 10 yard gain and not with massive roll outs. Didn’t slice one all week just my normal pulls and pushes. If I’m at 40% FIR’s I’m having a good day. Misses were of the just off the fairway or too long heading to a bunker variety.

Long irons: This is where I think they shined. Long Irons are my nemesis and I had some great second shots all week. Long and straight even with my 4 hybrid which I have the most trouble with.

Short irons and wedges: Did I mention I can now hold greens? I’ve now seen my shots do a hop, skip and stop. I thought that was only a fairy tale. I had to adjust my play because I usually try and land 10 yards short because of run out. Not anymore. Go at the pin.

Putter: I just had my first 3-putt free round of the season.

I ordered 4 dozen the first day, just ordered 4 dozen more and will request more for Christmas. Might as well stock up for next year now.

I just received my 2 dozen KSig Golf balls, will be putting them in play tomorrow, I will give my honest opinion later tomorrow night, FYI I currently play the Callaway Chrome Soft (16)...

DRIVER: Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5*, Ventus TR Blue 6TX at 45"
3 WOOD: Callaway Paradym HL 16.5*, Diamana Flower Band White, D+ 82X Flex, tipped 1" at 42"
7 WOOD: Callaway Paradym 21*, Tensei AV white 75g S Flex, tipped 1" at 41"

IRONS: Callaway Apex MB 7-10, CB 4-6 -- DG TI S400

WEDGES: Callaway JAWS Raw 50, 54, 58 -- DG TI S400
PUTTER: SC Phantom 5, Stability Shaft, 33.25", Garsen Quad Tour grip (Toulon Chicago as back up)
BALL: Callaway CT X (current gamer), Srixon Diamond, -ProV1X and ProV1