Kirkland Signature (Costco) golf balls (MERGED) (NO BST POSTS)

Swoff57

Lol, Costco isn't making golfballs for professionals. EVERYTHING is named Kirkland that is made by Costco, they aren't going to change that.

Nothing named Kirkland is made by Costco.

Every Kirkland brand item is manufactured by a third party and labeled Kirkland.

Sigh...you're splitting hairs here...but you're right. BUT, Costco has a pretty rigorous quality control department that makes sure what they label Kirkland is as good or better than the same thing as a competitor at a lower price. Take for instance their Bourbon, it's almost certainly Buffalo Trace/Jim Beam/Knob Creek or some weird combination, but it's damn good at a lower price point than those other brands.

Lol, Costco isn't making golfballs for professionals. EVERYTHING is named Kirkland that is made by Costco, they aren't going to change that.

Nothing named Kirkland is made by Costco.

Every Kirkland brand item is manufactured by a third party and labeled Kirkland.

Sigh...you're splitting hairs here...but you're right. BUT, Costco has a pretty rigorous quality control department that makes sure what they label Kirkland is as good or better than the same thing as a competitor at a lower price. Take for instance their Bourbon, it's almost certainly Buffalo Trace/Jim Beam/Knob Creek or some weird combination, but it's damn good at a lower price point than those other brands.

I don't think we're in disagreement of anything here! :)

X________________________________ Sign Here

I order two dozen yesterday morning and they shipped yesterday from Laurel, Maryland. Scheduled for delivery today.

Wow. Do you live above the warehouse?

I live in Richmond, VA - not too far down I-95.

Wow, I am in Fredericksburg, should go and play sometime...

Sounds good to me!

PXG Black Ops 10.5* - Ventus Velocore Blue TR 6X

PXG Gen 5 0311 15* - Aldila Tour Blue 75X

PXG  Gen 5 0311 19* - Aldila Tour Blue 85X

PXG 0311T Gen 5 4-P - DG120 X100

Titleist Vokey SM9 50*, 56*, 60* - DGTI S400

PXG Bat Attack H

Chrome Soft/Vice Pro Lime

I played a round with it today and gave a couple to friends. My opinion - this ball is the real deal. Performs as well as any premium ball on the market.

My friend is a staunch ProV1/ProV1x user and he was impressed by how good the K-Sig was.

PXG Black Ops 10.5* - Ventus Velocore Blue TR 6X

PXG Gen 5 0311 15* - Aldila Tour Blue 75X

PXG  Gen 5 0311 19* - Aldila Tour Blue 85X

PXG 0311T Gen 5 4-P - DG120 X100

Titleist Vokey SM9 50*, 56*, 60* - DGTI S400

PXG Bat Attack H

Chrome Soft/Vice Pro Lime

I went through my first two dozen. Actually I still have 9 or so balls but the rest were given to friends. I did lose two balls so that will be an interesting find for someone.

As I wrote earlier, I play ProV1x that I get for $20/dz from Golfballsdirect.com and to be honest I like the KSig's as much if not a little better. I'm not saying they are a better ball than the ProV1 - only that I like them. If you're on the fence try them. $15 a dz is a crazy good deal.

I just ordered 3 more boxes before the free shipping ends.

Ping G400 Max Ventus Blue TR

Ping G425 Tensi Orange 3W

Ping G30 5W Tensi Orange 5W

Ping G425 Hybrid Tensi Orange 4H

Ping G425 5-S Recoil 780 ES Smacwrap F4

Ping Glide LW

Bettinardi Studio 28cs

I was the only one on the course today after work, so I played a K-Sig, B330, and an E6 on 6 holes. I'm not good enough to really talk about launch angles and spin, but for $1.25 a ball it is long, straight, and sticks flush on the green.

I'll probably mainly keep playing Bridgestone because I can get them in yellow. Would love Costco to start stocking a yellow ball if this really takes off.

Played another 18 with the ball, no concern over driver distance or flight anymore. It's cooling off in Vegas, ball wasn't flying today either. Got 0 roll, mud on the ball after every shot... I was working on a flat fade all day which scrubs off a bit of distance for me but gives me great control. Good drives 280 carry, lying next to pitch mark, drives I hang open and over cut 265ish plugged as well. Distance was identical off all clubs with the pro v1x I hit as well. I was able to keep the ball lower when needed with no problem.

Greens were very slow but the v1x rolled out more on every shot into the green from little chips and wedge shots to 60 yard pitches.

The biggest test I gave the Capt. Kirk was a 60 yard low cut spinner to a back right bunker protected downhill pin from the fairway. Very delicate shot... ball flighted perfect, landed where I wanted, checked once then made a right turn and headed for the flag.. On fast greens it would be hole hunting, with the slow greens it was 10 ft. short of where it would have ended up I feel.

I like the way the ball feels off of every club, more so than any other ball I have ever used, seriously.

My buddy who played college golf and is a solid stick as well gamed a Kirk all day and his exact words to me were "I think this is the best ball I have ever used"

Also, a side note.. The ball is durable, very durable.

Someone asked the question earlier about the ball potentially being disruptive to the market, I think it's a definite possibility.. the recycled golf ball market will surely take a hit as right now I think it's the same space. But as more people game this thing word's gonna get around... I predict.. Costco getting more into golf stuff, maybe not clubs, but as the game contracts a bit and some of these companies begin to struggle, gloves, shoes, low drag tees, etc.. Costco can give these companies the volume they need to not just stay in business, but build great quality stuff cheeeeeeeeap.

MAYBE... Costco is buying Taylormade.... M1..... K1.... I can see it...Tiger comes back sponsored by Costco and gaming the K-Sig... Every time he spikes someone in the crowd with a foul ball he can have his caddy reach into the monster sized golf bag with the Kirkland logo and pull out a roasted chicken to give to them...

Played 18 holes today with the K-Sig

Thoughts

1) Great durability, didn't really experience a lot of scuffing or nicks

2) Feels more like a ProV1 vs ProV1x in my opinion

3) Great feeling on iron shots and excellent spin

4) Ball comes off the putter with a nice sound

For $1.25 a ball you really can't beat it. Will I stop playing ProVs or Taylormade X's probably not but for now I'm going to finish the off the 4 dozen I purchased

Played another 18 with the ball, no concern over driver distance or flight anymore. It's cooling off in Vegas, ball wasn't flying today either. Got 0 roll, mud on the ball after every shot... I was working on a flat fade all day which scrubs off a bit of distance for me but gives me great control. Good drives 280 carry, lying next to pitch mark, drives I hang open and over cut 265ish plugged as well. Distance was identical off all clubs with the pro v1x I hit as well. I was able to keep the ball lower when needed with no problem.

Greens were very slow but the v1x rolled out more on every shot into the green from little chips and wedge shots to 60 yard pitches.

The biggest test I gave the Capt. Kirk was a 60 yard low cut spinner to a back right bunker protected downhill pin from the fairway. Very delicate shot... ball flighted perfect, landed where I wanted, checked once then made a right turn and headed for the flag.. On fast greens it would be hole hunting, with the slow greens it was 10 ft. short of where it would have ended up I feel.

I like the way the ball feels off of every club, more so than any other ball I have ever used, seriously.

My buddy who played college golf and is a solid stick as well gamed a Kirk all day and his exact words to me were "I think this is the best ball I have ever used"

Also, a side note.. The ball is durable, very durable.

Someone asked the question earlier about the ball potentially being disruptive to the market, I think it's a definite possibility.. the recycled golf ball market will surely take a hit as right now I think it's the same space. But as more people game this thing word's gonna get around... I predict.. Costco getting more into golf stuff, maybe not clubs, but as the game contracts a bit and some of these companies begin to struggle, gloves, shoes, low drag tees, etc.. Costco can give these companies the volume they need to not just stay in business, but build great quality stuff cheeeeeeeeap.

MAYBE... Costco is buying Taylormade.... M1..... K1.... I can see it...Tiger comes back sponsored by Costco and gaming the K-Sig... Every time he spikes someone in the crowd with a foul ball he can have his caddy reach into the monster sized golf bag with the Kirkland logo and pull out a roasted chicken to give to them...

You have to pin seek with these, which I like, due to their spin on the greens. No more landing short and hoping for a good release. Once you adjust, you'll be really happy.

YEL-LOW

YEL-LOW

YEL-LOW

YEL-LOW

YEL-LOW

> Callaway GBB driver (set D, -1, 9.5°) w/Kuro Kage Black TiNi 50, R-flex, 45.5"
> GBB 5 wood w/Kuro Kage Black TiNi 50, R-flex (set D, -1, 17°), 42.5"
> XR 7 wood (21°), 9 wood (23°) w/OEM Project X LZ, R-flex
> Callaway XR 4-LW w/ Recoil 660, F3, +.5", 2° up
> Golf Pride CP2 Wrap grips (blue)
> Odyssey White Ice Mini-T putter 35"
> Pinnacle Gold or Wilson 50 Elite

Lots of great reviews on this ball. Did a little digging and found that Acushnet, who is the parent company of Titleist, was purchased by Fila and a Korean investment group. Now the ball itself is produced by a company named Nassau. I'm not really sure when all this was finally conducted, I think back in 14 or 15, but stop and think for a moment. Kirkland is a Korean Co which is Costco's brand name.............folks compare K's ball to T's pro v...............Titleist via Acushnet is Korean owned............could this actually be a pro v in disguise?.................Can't beat the price with free shipping...........slight service charge for non Costco members, like a $1.50 and applicable tax. Anyone still on the fence on these balls better jump before the 22nd, when free shipping goes away.....

Lots of great reviews on this ball. Did a little digging and found that Acushnet, who is the parent company of Titleist, was purchased by Fila and a Korean investment group. Now the ball itself is produced by a company named Nassau. I'm not really sure when all this was finally conducted, I think back in 14 or 15, but stop and think for a moment. Kirkland is a Korean Co which is Costco's brand name.............folks compare K's ball to T's pro v...............Titleist via Acushnet is Korean owned............could this actually be a pro v in disguise?.................Can't beat the price with free shipping...........slight service charge for non Costco members, like a $1.50 and applicable tax. Anyone still on the fence on these balls better jump before the 22nd, when free shipping goes away.....

Dude everyone here knows who owns Titleist. I bet you didn't know that Fila Korea is getting ready to sell Acushnet? Why would they undermine that by making and selling cheap golf balls?

Never mind, I just reread your post and realized you have to be goofing around.

Played 27 holes so far with the KS. I don't get why some are saying it feels like a ProV1 and others are saying it feels more like a ProV1x. The KS doesn't feel like either of them. There is almost a hollow, hardwood feel to the KS on full swings with the top of the bag. That doesn't sound good when I read it, but it isn't bad, actually. Totally acceptable given the price point. I wasn't expecting the k-sig to be the best feeling ball I've ever tried, despite the gushing praise in this thread. I found myself continuing to adapt well to it during the 9 holes I played yesterday - and I have no complaints whatsoever, chipping and putting with this ball.

I'd say the feel is more like the lovechild of a B330 and Z-Star. It is nothing like the Duo or Duo U. Firmer and lower launching than the Duo, clikier (and firmer) than the Duo U.

Despite my impression that I'm losing a few yards off the tee with the KS, my GIR is actually up over 27 holes, and my scores have been lower. I'll be ordering at least another box before free shipping expires. I can see myself using it as my usual gamer next season, with the Wilson Proto B as my splurge ball, should they decide to ever release it.

Lots of comparisons to the pro v1/v1x's. There more similar to the project a's in looks(almost identical), feel(tad firmer), and spin after playing them imo. When you put the $15 a dozen perspectives into consideration there isn't any negatives that can really be justified I guess. Hopefully the price doesn't jump $10 by spring but even then it would still be a great deal.

Srixon ZX7/Cobra Radspeed XB

ZX 3w Riptide/Cobra radspeed motore F3

ZX 19/22 hy Riptide 

Cobra FT 5-Pw,Aw KBS/ Cobra F9 5-pw,aw 

Cbx ZC 54/Cbx FF 58 Dgold

Cobra sport 45/Cleveland elevado

Srixon QST/Titleist Pro V1 or whatever urethane balls I may find