Kirkland Signature (Costco) golf balls (MERGED) (NO BST POSTS)

Swoff57

It's hilarious how in every review after someone plays a round, they somehow always manage to hit both a tree AND a cart path and then comment on its durability

I was just noticing how many managed to play the whole round with one ball while I played my first round with one, and also used the same ball for the whole round. I didn't manage to hit a tree or a cart path though, and after the round all I could find was one, small, brownish scuff on the ball, so add me to those impressed with the durability.

I'm heading out to play my 5th round with the KSigs. I'll be driving a car I purchased through the Costco buying service filled with Kirkland Signature gas. For breakfast I had two Kirkland Signature eggs with Kirkland Signature bacon. Coffee was made by my Keurig I purchased from Costco using Donut Shop K-cups, also purchased from Costco. I'll bring two Cliff bars that I purchased in a 24 pack from Costco. I have on Kirkland Signature shorts, shirt and underwear plus I'll bring a Pebble Beach pull over that I purchased from Costco since it's a little chilly. I'll also bring some Kirkland Signature Acetaminophen for any pain I have during the round. And I almost forgot the 4 bottles of Kirkland Signature water I'll bring to the course.

I think you just described my life! In addition, I am going to use Kirkland Signature toilet paper in the morning before I leave to the golf course. And when I get home I will probably put a Costco tri-tip on the smoker for dinner. I might even start some laundry using Kirkland Signature detergent. My lovely wife will probably also start the dishwasher with Kirkland Signature dish soap. I could go on, but I won't.

Rumor from a buddy. Keep in mind this is nothing more than un-confirmed rumor. However my buddy is an ex Costco employee who got this info from a buddy of his who is a Costco store manager. So take this for what is worth, not much. When Costco does free shipping online they hike up the price a few bucks to make up for it. Once the Kirkland Signature balls hit the stores the free shipping "price increase" will go away and it is possible that the in store price will be around $25 per two dozen. But then again, I'm thinking that they have sold pretty well online so maybe no price reduction. Either way it's a winner in my book.

Titleist TSr 3 10°, Ventus Blue 6s
Titleist TSr 2 16.5°, Ventus Blue 7s

Ping G430 3, 4, 5 hybrid, Alta CB Black 70s

PXG 0317T 6-GW Mitsubishi MMT 80s
Vokey SM9 54° D, 60° T, KBS TGI 95s

L.A.B. Mezz.1 Max 35”, Accra

A little off topic, but how is the Kirkland beer?

PXG Black Ops 10.5* - Ventus Velocore Blue TR 6X

PXG Gen 5 0311 15* - Aldila Tour Blue 75X

PXG  Gen 5 0311 19* - Aldila Tour Blue 85X

PXG 0311T Gen 5 4-P - DG120 X100

Titleist Vokey SM9 50*, 56*, 60* - DGTI S400

PXG Bat Attack H

Chrome Soft/Vice Pro Lime

I will reiterate the kudos of Kirkland - I am a believer. Kirkland exceeds expectations in golf balls too.

I'm a 10 hcap, 88 mph swing speed; driver carries about 220-225; total distance is about 235-240. I play from tees that are often too far away, so GIR are low, and I rely on short game to maintain my 10 hcap. I could play the Kirkland immediately with no adjustments whatsoever. My previous favorite ball is the TM Lethal. Prior to that I played the Prov1/x for the previous 15 years. I can't find any reason to buy the premium balls at a premium price anymore - other than to give them as gifts to my clients. For me - I'll game the Kirkland.

Good luck.

PS - if you're interested (and some folks aren't) - there is no reason not to try these balls. You can buy online - and if you don't like them - return them. Or sell them to GolfWRXers - plenty of us will buy them I'm sure.

But if you want a premium ball experience for an inexpensive price - I think this is worth trying.

Same compression

Less filling than ProV1 but tastes greater than TPx. I made it through a whole round on the same beer even though I spilled a little on a cart path and hit two trees.

And it helps you find the hole?

WITB:
SDLR White 10* Speeder 6.2x TS
Epic 14* AD TP7, Rogue 17* PX Evenflow Black
R15 3H Rogue Black 85
MP-18 MMC 4 - PW Modus 120x
50* T7, 58* PM-Grind
Ghost Spider Si Slant

Same compression

Less filling than ProV1 but tastes greater than TPx. I made it through a whole round on the same beer even though I spilled a little on a cart path and hit two trees.

And it helps you find the hole?

Sometimes I drink so much of it I try to put it in the wrong hole.

(but seriously, I really like kirkland beer. they released a craft 24 pack not too long ago that I always grab one of whenever I stop by costco, it's pretty good and it's like 20 bucks for a 24 pack).

How does the finish hold up on these balls? I've noticed that the Maxfli U4/U6 balls tend to get dingy looking after 18 holes or so and I'm wondering if these are similar or better?

Ping G400 Max driver w/Aldila Rogue 125 Silver
Ping G425 5 wood & hybrid
Ping G30 irons w/Recoil 95

Ping G425 irons w/Accra ICWT 2.0 95
Ping Glide wedges w/Recoil 110
Ping Redwood Anser - the "real deal!"

How does the finish hold up on these balls? I've noticed that the Maxfli U4/U6 balls tend to get dingy looking after 18 holes or so and I'm wondering if these are similar or better?

Pretty good. I used the same ball for an 18 hole round over the weekend and had one tiny brown scuff on it. Didn't hit any trees or cart paths or anything like that. Dunked it into the water on 18 so I didn't even get to share a post round picture of it.

Broke down and ordered a box last night. Rather cheap urethanes on hand than cheap surlyn. Have yet to be disappointed with Kirkland stuff.

And if you are dissapointed they'll take em back. Hell, I bet you could walk in there with only 20 of them and say you hated em cause they kept going into the woods on their own and they'd still refund you.

Thanks guys!! I broke down and ordered a box based on reviews here. I play TPX's and with all the comparisons to it I figured I would give them a shot. If they would only offer custom numbers at that price it would surely be a hit :-)

Also Trying to figure out how I will mark these. I usually change the T in the Taylormade logo to a J. to make it a JaylorMade. (if I do play Pro v I change it to a Jitleist.) Making the K in Kirkland into a J isn't going to work!!!

TE C722 9* House of Forged custom shaft XX
TE C722 15* Tensei AV-RAW White 7x

TE C722 18* Tensei AV-RAW White 8x

Ping I525 4-GW Project X IO stiff
Vokey SM8 54*
Vokey SM8 58*
Putter = flavor of the day. (EvnRoll ER11vx, 3 different Seemores,  TM TM2 Truss CS, Machine CS M2A Converter, 2 different Yes putters)
Maxfli Tour X or Vice Pro

I usually change the T in the Taylormade logo to a J. to make it a JaylorMade. (if I do play Pro v I change it to a Jitleist. Making the K in Kirkland into a J isn't going to work!!!

Don't worry. For you, I think it works just fine...

Naaah, I'm just messin' with you.

Not sure if this was posted yet, but I believe this is the ball...

http://www.nassaugolf.co.uk/golf-balls/nassau-quattro/

Vokey SM8 54*
Vokey SM8 58*
Putter = flavor of the day. (EvnRoll ER11vx, 3 different Seemores,  TM TM2 Truss CS, Machine CS M2A Converter, 2 different Yes putters)

Thanks guys!! I broke down and ordered a box based on reviews here. I play TPX's and with all the comparisons to it I figured I would give them a shot. If they would only offer custom numbers at that price it would surely be a hit :-)

Also Trying to figure out how I will mark these. I usually change the T in the Taylormade logo to a J. to make it a JaylorMade. (if I do play Pro v I change it to a Jitleist.) Making the K in Kirkland into a J isn't going to work!!!

KirkJand..?

:fishing1:

KirkJand..?

Now don't be a Kjirk about it.

KirkJand..?

Now don't be a Kjirk about it.

Maybe I will go with some White sharpie over the K and just make them Jirklands? :to_become_senile:

Vokey SM8 54*
Vokey SM8 58*

My 2 dozen arrived yesterday afternoon. Today was not an ideal day to judge the performance of a ball being put into play for the first time. Temperatures were about 20° cooler than normal, wind was 180° from its normal, conditions in the fairways were soft due to heavy rain yesterday morning. I was able to develop some initial impressions, however.

Driver - much firmer feel coming off the driver (XR16) than the Chrome Soft I normally play. Particularly noticeable on slightly off enter hits. Some have mentioned it being a lower launch but I found it definitely higher launch than most balls I have played but I did not get the sense that it ballooned at all. As for distance, again tough to judge because of conditions, but I did not feel it is longer than either the Chrome Soft or Snell MTB (the other ball I really like) and had the sense that I lost a little bit off the tee with the driver. That may have been due to the higher launch and soft conditions, though.

Irons - Same as with the driver, firmer feel, higher launch. The difference was I was getting distances about what I would expect with any other ball I typically play given the conditions. I think the Chrome Soft and Snell MTB have a little more stopping power on the greens than the Kirkland for me.

Chipping / putting - nice feel, easy to control distances. Felt really nice coming off the putter (Bettinardi with copper insert).

I still prefer both the Chrome Soft and the Snell MTB but I scored right around my usual with this ball and feel it is a great ball for the price. After just this one round I am not quite ready to make it my daily gamer, especially given the balls I have in my inventory. I miss out on free shipping if I don't order more today but one of my golfing buddies is a Costco member and he can pick me up some when they hit the stores if I decide to make a switch later.

36 holes under my belt with the K-Sig. No need to rehash the specifics as other's have got that covered. The ball is a legit tour ball. In my opinion, the ball is most similar to the ProV1X. It feels a tad bit firmer than the regular ProV1, but it is cold here, so most of the balls feel a bit firm, so operator experience may vary.

For me, it flies and acts like all the top tour balls. Plenty of greenside and approach spin.

For fans of the MG Tour, the K-Sig feels a bit firmer off the club.

The bottom line is that it is a no brainer to give it a try. You can make a case that the ball might be the best bargain going in any equipment category.

If the golf Gods threatened me to play this ball for the rest of my life, I would be completely happy.

Played this ball today and had the chance to test it directly against my usual ball (Pro V1x) - hit drives (one with each ball) - The kirkland won here hands down consistently longer and straighter (it does feel slightly firmer and a little easier to compress than the pro v). Generally the gains were around 5 yards. Irons going into the green and I think the pro v1x has a little more bite and stopping power but, only marginally and not enough that I could really tell the difference. 100 yards in is where it got a little interesting - I played two of our par 3's from the Ladies/Junior tees so I could hit 110 and 95 wedges - the Kirkland stopped as well as the Pro V1x I couldn't tell the difference - overall I think the these balls are a great premium ball (as good as a pro V1x) but a fraction of the price - with winter coming and the leaves falling I would be far happier losing a ball in leaves at $30 for 24 then $45 for 12.

I would say get them while you can (i already ordered another two cases) as I can see the price going up or availability going down as people start to find out about these balls - not just the quality but the price is unreal, in an industry that has raised the price of just about everything not sure if this price point will last.

Played this ball today and had the chance to test it directly against my usual ball (Pro V1x) - hit drives (one with each ball) - The kirkland won here hands down consistently longer and straighter (it does feel slightly firmer and a little easier to compress than the pro v). Generally the gains were around 5 yards. Irons going into the green and I think the pro v1x has a little more bite and stopping power but, only marginally and not enough that I could really tell the difference. 100 yards in is where it got a little interesting - I played two of our par 3's from the Ladies/Junior tees so I could hit 110 and 95 wedges - the Kirkland stopped as well as the Pro V1x I couldn't tell the difference - overall I think the these balls are a great premium ball (as good as a pro V1x) but a fraction of the price - with winter coming and the leaves falling I would be far happier losing a ball in leaves at $30 for 24 then $45 for 12.

I would say get them while you can (i already ordered another two cases) as I can see the price going up or availability going down as people start to find out about these balls - not just the quality but the price is unreal, in an industry that has raised the price of just about everything not sure if this price point will last.

I'm not too worried about the price going up...I remember talking to a ball rep from maxfli some years ago who told me that the most expensive part of the manufacturing process of golf balls was the box... I've also heard similar things regarding titleist... They have positioned themselves as a premium product that never has to go on sale. Other companies high end balls get discounted, sometimes heavily and there still must be some profit in there (not necessarily for the golf shop though). Lets say that it costs Costco 20$ (which I think is way too high btw) to put that 24 box on the shelf, they're making 10 bucks per pack and selling a ba-zilllion of them. Joe nobody's golf shack is paying probably 30 bucks plus for a box of pro-v's that I'm guessing Titleist makes for 5-10 bucks or so then selling them for 45-50... but selling way less of them.

I have a feeling Nassau is doing back flips right now getting a bit less then what they always get for their ball from distributors or if they go directly through shops, but I'm sure they more than make up for it by having the guaranteed contract and of course, exposure, I had no idea this company even existed until this month. Costco just doesn't need to mark the balls up a ton... Though I would be more than happy to increase the price by a buck or 2 per box with that money going to supply balls for junior golf programs...

I think this is going to be a huge success for them, obviously the decision makers in the company are golfers, on the surface this sounds like a massive gamble but someone high up had to believe, and I have a feeling they may start churning out some more cool golf stuff... And, I wouldn't be surprised if Nassau gets their R&D going and comes out with some great new designs in the not to distant future.

I'm not too worried about the price going up...I remember talking to a ball rep from maxfli some years ago who told me that the most expensive part of the manufacturing process of golf balls was the box... I've also heard similar things regarding titleist... They have positioned themselves as a premium product that never has to go on sale. Other companies high end balls get discounted, sometimes heavily and there still must be some profit in there (not necessarily for the golf shop though). Lets say that it costs Costco 20$ (which I think is way too high btw) to put that 24 box on the shelf, they're making 10 bucks per pack and selling a ba-zilllion of them. Joe nobody's golf shack is paying probably 30 bucks plus for a box of pro-v's that I'm guessing Titleist makes for 5-10 bucks or so then selling them for 45-50... but selling way less of them.

I have a feeling Nassau is doing back flips right now getting a bit less then what they always get for their ball from distributors or if they go directly through shops, but I'm sure they more than make up for it by having the guaranteed contract and of course, exposure, I had no idea this company even existed until this month. Costco just doesn't need to mark the balls up a ton... Though I would be more than happy to increase the price by a buck or 2 per box with that money going to supply balls for junior golf programs...

I think this is going to be a huge success for them, obviously the decision makers in the company are golfers, on the surface this sounds like a massive gamble but someone high up had to believe, and I have a feeling they may start churning out some more cool golf stuff... And, I wouldn't be surprised if Nassau gets their R&D going and comes out with some great new designs in the not to distant future.

I agree, huge win for Kirkland, Nassau and Costco, huge loss for other premium golf ball manufacturers, especially Callaway who lost shelf space to Kirkland at Costco.

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

I'm heading out to play my 5th round with the KSigs. I'll be driving a car I purchased through the Costco buying service filled with Kirkland Signature gas. For breakfast I had two Kirkland Signature eggs with Kirkland Signature bacon. Coffee was made by my Keurig I purchased from Costco using Donut Shop K-cups, also purchased from Costco. I'll bring two Cliff bars that I purchased in a 24 pack from Costco. I have on Kirkland Signature shorts, shirt and underwear plus I'll bring a Pebble Beach pull over that I purchased from Costco since it's a little chilly. I'll also bring some Kirkland Signature Acetaminophen for any pain I have during the round. And I almost forgot the 4 bottles of Kirkland Signature water I'll bring to the course.

Well done. i'm gonna get you a Costco golf hat for your birthday