Kirkland Signature (Costco) golf balls (MERGED) (NO BST POSTS)

Swoff57

okay i've been creeping this topic ever since and i just have to ask... I LOVE how soft wilson duos are. can anyone compare between the KSigs and Duos? softness wise?

the Kirkland ball isn't as soft feeling off the face as the Duo. That said, the duo is a low spinning ball off all shots, and for higher swing speeds, it can't compete on ballspeed and distance in the longer clubs.

I would play the Kirkland ball over the duo if it were me... especially when the kirkland ball is $5 cheaper/dozen.

I'm heading out to play my 5th round with the KSigs. I'll be driving a car I purchased through the Costco buying service filled with Kirkland Signature gas. For breakfast I had two Kirkland Signature eggs with Kirkland Signature bacon. Coffee was made by my Keurig I purchased from Costco using Donut Shop K-cups, also purchased from Costco. I'll bring two Cliff bars that I purchased in a 24 pack from Costco. I have on Kirkland Signature shorts, shirt and underwear plus I'll bring a Pebble Beach pull over that I purchased from Costco since it's a little chilly. I'll also bring some Kirkland Signature Acetaminophen for any pain I have during the round. And I almost forgot the 4 bottles of Kirkland Signature water I'll bring to the course.

I received 4 dozen and I am going to say the same thing everyone else is on full shots. Best ball for the price by far!!! I hit it on my launch monitor with a 7 iron and I was getting very similar numbers to my normal prov1's I use. I also added a bunch of shots with a project A for additional comparison. The Kirkland ball definitely has a softer feel off the iron which I did like. I was averaging very typical 20 degree launch 6800 rpms backspin and 119 mph. Those are very standard numbers for me and it wasn't spinning more or much less than a prov does. I didn't have any brand new v1x balls but they aren't a whole lot different with mid irons. The biggest difference for me will be driver and short game and I will update when I test this weekend.

I'm heading out to play my 5th round with the KSigs. I'll be driving a car I purchased through the Costco buying service filled with Kirkland Signature gas. For breakfast I had two Kirkland Signature eggs with Kirkland Signature bacon. Coffee was made by my Keurig I purchased from Costco using Donut Shop K-cups, also purchased from Costco. I'll bring two Cliff bars that I purchased in a 24 pack from Costco. I have on Kirkland Signature shorts, shirt and underwear plus I'll bring a Pebble Beach pull over that I purchased from Costco since it's a little chilly. I'll also bring some Kirkland Signature Acetaminophen for any pain I have during the round. And I almost forgot the 4 bottles of Kirkland Signature water I'll being to the course.

Don't forget to grab the Kirkland Craft Beer 24 pack and a few bottles of Kirkland Bourbon to cap the night off with!

I'm heading out to play my 5th round with the KSigs. I'll be driving a car I purchased through the Costco buying service filled with Kirkland Signature gas. For breakfast I had two Kirkland Signature eggs with Kirkland Signature bacon. Coffee was made by my Keurig I purchased from Costco using Donut Shop K-cups, also purchased from Costco. I'll bring two Cliff bars that I purchased in a 24 pack from Costco. I have on Kirkland Signature shorts, shirt and underwear plus I'll bring a Pebble Beach pull over that I purchased from Costco since it's a little chilly. I'll also bring some Kirkland Signature Acetaminophen for any pain I have during the round. And I almost forgot the 4 bottles of Kirkland Signature water I'll being to the course.

Can't tell if you're joking, but this is pretty much me, and I am okay with it.

So a buddy and me are splitting a package of these (he has the Costco membership) but I'm thinking about if I should order more while it's free shipping. The only problem I have is besides all the other random balls I have, I have about 15 dozen prov1x practice balls, a dozen or so prov1x and 3-4 dozen snell mtb.

So a buddy and me are splitting a package of these (he has the Costco membership) but I'm thinking about if I should order more while it's free shipping. The only problem I have is besides all the other random balls I have, I have about 15 dozen prov1x practice balls, a dozen or so prov1x and 3-4 dozen snell mtb.

If we tell you not to do it, you're going to do it anyway. You know you want to or you wouldn't be asking.

But no, you don't need to buy a huge batch of K-Sig ball. They might be a little more expensive next year but by then you might want something else anyway.

Dude everyone here knows who owns Titleist. I bet you didn't know that Fila Korea is getting ready to sell Acushnet? Why would they undermine that by making and selling cheap golf balls?

Like totally dude, so glad everyone is in the know................But like here's a totally rad question dude, why would they sell a money maker so quickly and like who's up for buying it? Like surf's up and it's totally tubular almost narily..........I'm stoked

Played 27 holes so far with the KS. I don't get why some are saying it feels like a ProV1 and others are saying it feels more like a ProV1x. The KS doesn't feel like either of them. There is almost a hollow, hardwood feel to the KS on full swings with the top of the bag. That doesn't sound good when I read it, but it isn't bad, actually. Totally acceptable given the price point. I wasn't expecting the k-sig to be the best feeling ball I've ever tried, despite the gushing praise in this thread. I found myself continuing to adapt well to it during the 9 holes I played yesterday - and I have no complaints whatsoever, chipping and putting with this ball.

I'd say the feel is more like the lovechild of a B330 and Z-Star. It is nothing like the Duo or Duo U. Firmer and lower launching than the Duo, clikier (and firmer) than the Duo U.

Despite my impression that I'm losing a few yards off the tee with the KS, my GIR is actually up over 27 holes, and my scores have been lower. I'll be ordering at least another box before free shipping expires. I can see myself using it as my usual gamer next season, with the Wilson Proto B as my splurge ball, should they decide to ever release it.

The comparison chart in the early part of the thread is why some are saying its like a Prov V1. Numbers are almost identical. All these other comparisons are off base. Take a peak at the chart.

Fine.

Been lining up "Titleist" for 30 years now. Pro V's since the came out,

Just ordered 2 boxes. Will do some personal experiments when they come in, mostly concerning chipping and driving. I do not hit the ball as far as I used to and being shorter at all with the driver wont be acceptable. I will report my findings as well, and thanks to all the input so far.

I

Played 27 holes so far with the KS. I don't get why some are saying it feels like a ProV1 and others are saying it feels more like a ProV1x. The KS doesn't feel like either of them. There is almost a hollow, hardwood feel to the KS on full swings with the top of the bag. That doesn't sound good when I read it, but it isn't bad, actually. Totally acceptable given the price point. I wasn't expecting the k-sig to be the best feeling ball I've ever tried, despite the gushing praise in this thread. I found myself continuing to adapt well to it during the 9 holes I played yesterday - and I have no complaints whatsoever, chipping and putting with this ball.

I'd say the feel is more like the lovechild of a B330 and Z-Star. It is nothing like the Duo or Duo U. Firmer and lower launching than the Duo, clikier (and firmer) than the Duo U.

Despite my impression that I'm losing a few yards off the tee with the KS, my GIR is actually up over 27 holes, and my scores have been lower. I'll be ordering at least another box before free shipping expires. I can see myself using it as my usual gamer next season, with the Wilson Proto B as my splurge ball, should they decide to ever release it.

The comparison chart in the early part of the thread is why some are saying its like a Prov V1. Numbers are almost identical. All these other comparisons are off base. Take a peak at the chart.

I don't believe 1 chart is the Holy Grail or without a doubt the be end of all end ball comparisons. I'm sure it's close and can be used as a base guide line but every golf ball feels different to every golfer. That's about the only sure thing when it comes to how they perform individually.

Srixon ZX7/Cobra Radspeed XB

ZX 3w Riptide/Cobra radspeed motore F3

ZX 19/22 hy Riptide 

Cobra FT 5-Pw,Aw KBS/ Cobra F9 5-pw,aw 

Cbx ZC 54/Cbx FF 58 Dgold

Cobra sport 45/Cleveland elevado

Srixon QST/Titleist Pro V1 or whatever urethane balls I may find 

What, you mean everything about a golf ball can't be deduced by squeezing it in a clamp and reading how far it compresses?

Nevermind

Srixon ZX7/Cobra Radspeed XB

ZX 3w Riptide/Cobra radspeed motore F3

ZX 19/22 hy Riptide 

Cobra FT 5-Pw,Aw KBS/ Cobra F9 5-pw,aw 

Cbx ZC 54/Cbx FF 58 Dgold

Cobra sport 45/Cleveland elevado

Srixon QST/Titleist Pro V1 or whatever urethane balls I may find 

Love it! When I grew up in Chicago, my Grandfather used to say that if Sears didn't have it, we didn't need it. I am feeling that way about Costco, so much so that my kids are sick of hearing it. When you get home from the round have some Peter and Pat's pierogis. I buy them 10 bags at a time when they have their road show and wash them down with Kirkland Signature Napa Cabernet.

Ping G30 SF Tec, 10*
Ping G, 16*
Wilson Staff D200 19* and 22*
Adams A12OS 5 hybrid
Ping G15, 6-UW
Mizuno S5, 54/12
Callaway Sure Out 58
Odyssey 2 Ball
Kirkland 3 piece

Just received mine today. First thing I did was the wedge bounce test and it sounds firm and similar to TPX and V1x. Can't wait to put them in play tomorrow in my match and see guys faces when I tee up a Kirkland Signature.

Driver: Cobra F9 with HZRDUS SMOKE Stiff
3W: Titleist 917F2 w/Fujikura Speeder Pro Tour Spec 84 Stiff
2I: Srixon Z U65 18 Degree w/Miyazaki Kaula 7s
Irons: Mizuno MP-54 3-PW DG S300 
Wedge: Vokey TVD 56 K-Grind
Wedge: Vokey SM6 60-12 K-Grind 
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Can't tell if you're joking, but this is pretty much me, and I am okay with it.

Totally serious. Just got home and made a turkey and cheese sandwich with Kirkland Signature sliced oven roasted turkey breast and Kraft American Cheese purchased at Costco.

Ordered 4 dozen today (thank to this thread). Must have timed it right since I got my shipping order already.

Mizuno JPX900 EvoIII S (weights center channel port 1 & 2)
Mizuno GT190 Atmos Blue 6S
Mizuno CLK 19* Speeder EVO HB S
Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-G KBS Tour
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4
Balls : 2017 ProV1x / KSig / Vice Pro+

I've been following this thread fairly closely for about three weeks and I had read the GBT chart, with interest. The numbers on the chart represent two specific physical properties of the ball, but as others have pointed out, they can't tell you how a ball will feel and sound. I'm sure a spherical object can be fashioned to produce similar results using the same testing method, but would feel little like a golf ball.

Anyhow, I'm not saying the people who find the KS similar in feel to the ProV1/x are wrong. I'm just saying I don't feel it, and I was playing a ProV1x side by side with the K-sig for 9 holes yesterday.

I got in 18 today in some less than ideal conditions. A cold front moved through right as we made the turn. An already strong wind only got worse and a slow drizzling rain kicked in starting on 14. There's no need to rehash the same thing since this thread is now 25 pages long. I'll focus on the things that I saw out of the K-Sig that just jumped out compared to my normal ball, the 2015 Taylor Made TPX.

The K-Sig ball produced a lower trajectory from the driver right down to the LW for me. Nothing that turned me off, but even my playing partner commented on the lower flight as we've played a lot of golf together. I'm already what I would call a low ball guy, but the slightly lower trajectory actually came in hand today in the strong winds.

I chewed up a ball by the 12th hole. I'm a digger. I noticed I got into the surface of the ball pretty good with a LW on the front nine and again after a PW on 12. It was enough for me to take it out of play when I teed off on 13.

Overall, I'm very impressed given the price of the ball. I saw no material differences in the K-Sig performance-wise vs. any other premium ball I've got good experience with including the TM TPX and the ProV1X. It has very good greenside control and is plenty long. I already placed an order for four dozen. I don't see how anyone who wants a tour caliber ball but hates dropping $45+ on a dozen balls wouldn't give the K-Sig a try.

Ping 425 driver 10.5*

Ping 425 FWs 14.5* & 17.5*

Ping 425 hybrid 22*

Srixon ZX5 5 - PW

Sub 70 286 Forged wedges 48*, 54* & 58*

Piretti 303 Series Cottonwood II putter

Mine arrived within two days. Thanks.

I played 18 today with KS.

I normally use: TPX, B330s, Snell.

I like TPX most.

Driver SS around 105.

- very durable. hit a tree and hit it hard with my SW and LW a few times but no chew marks. one brown fade from the tree. durable.

- no difference of distance from the tee and iron.

- a little bit straighter with woods

- good amount of spin around green. Not a crazy spin like TPX or B330s.

- For me, putting was most different. Mushy. Not as CS or SS but way softer than TPX or B330s(of course). So, it was hard to adjust putting stroke.

Verdit - I bought 2 orders and today I boutht 2 orders more. 2017 ball is confirmed.

Given value, I have ZERO complaints.

Ping                       G430 10k Driver w/GD Tour AD VF 5S
Ping                       G430 3 Wood w/GD Tour AD UB 6S

Titleist                   Titleist u505 2 iron w/GD Tour AD IZ 95S

Titleist                   T200 4/T150 5-P Irons w/Axiom 105S

Titleist                   48F w/Axiom 105S 54S/60K Wedges w/Fujikura MCI 105 MILD

LAB                   Mezz 1 Max Broomstick w/Accra

I got in 18 today in some less than ideal conditions. A cold front moved through right as we made the turn. An already strong wind only got worse and a slow drizzling rain kicked in starting on 14. There's no need to rehash the same thing since this thread is now 25 pages long. I'll focus on the things that I saw out of the K-Sig that just jumped out compared to my normal ball, the 2015 Taylor Made TPX.

The K-Sig ball produced a lower trajectory from the driver right down to the LW for me. Nothing that turned me off, but even my playing partner commented on the lower flight as we've played a lot of golf together. I'm already what I would call a low ball guy, but the slightly lower trajectory actually came in hand today in the strong winds.

I chewed up a ball by the 12th hole. I'm a digger. I noticed I got into the surface of the ball pretty good with a LW on the front nine and again after a PW on 12. It was enough for me to take it out of play when I teed off on 13.

Overall, I'm very impressed given the price of the ball. I saw no material differences in the K-Sig performance-wise vs. any other premium ball I've got good experience with including the TM TPX and the ProV1X. It has very good greenside control and is plenty long. I already placed an order for four dozen. I don't see how anyone who wants a tour caliber ball but hates dropping $45+ on a dozen balls wouldn't give the K-Sig a try.

I was expecting this comparison with the tpx, what about the feel??

Dude everyone here knows who owns Titleist. I bet you didn't know that Fila Korea is getting ready to sell Acushnet? Why would they undermine that by making and selling cheap golf balls?

Like totally dude, so glad everyone is in the know................But like here's a totally rad question dude, why would they sell a money maker so quickly and like who's up for buying it? Like surf's up and it's totally tubular almost narily..........I'm stoked

Dude if you're so smart figure it out. Plenty of other people have. :)

Thanks Mark, kiw and to the other posters giving their comparative reviews that play the TPX which is the ball I've played for 2016, I usally pickup a bucket from LGB, but at the price for the Ksig they may be the ball for 2017. I bought a box to try and can't wait to try them out.

I think if they named the ball KSig Tour with Ksig in a nice script font along with a better looking number they would sell a million boxes.

Ping G430 LST 10.5°, Chrome 2.0 65 S
Ping G430 MAX 15° Rogue White 130 80 S
Ping G425 MAX 17.5° Rogue White 130 80 S
Ping G425 22° Tensei CK Pro Orange 80 S
Ping i210 5-W Recoil Dart 105 S +½" SStep x1
Ping Glide 4.0 50, 54

Ping ChipR

2022 Scotty Cameron X5 35"
TM TP5X

I was expecting this comparison with the tpx, what about the feel??

The ball feels good. For me it has a softer feel than the TPX. The charts within this thread showing a slightly lower compression to the ProV and TPX are spot on. I've been on a hot streak with the putter of late and the K-Sig was really nice off the face of my HB4.

A minimum of 36 coming up down on the RTJ Trail this weekend, so I'll post back again if I have anything new to offer. Given the action I saw on some pretty firm Bermuda grass greens up until the rains, I'm really curious to see it reacts to the always soft bent greens they have at The Shoals.

Ping 425 driver 10.5*

Ping 425 FWs 14.5* & 17.5*

Ping 425 hybrid 22*

Srixon ZX5 5 - PW

Sub 70 286 Forged wedges 48*, 54* & 58*

Piretti 303 Series Cottonwood II putter