Kirkland Signature (Costco) golf balls (MERGED) (NO BST POSTS)

Swoff57

I work at a busy golf course, and find more prov's then I can lose in a year. I recently bought a 24 ball pack from Costco, first balls I have purchased in 12 years. I gave a dozen to a low handicap friend who enjoys trying new balls. (He actually buys them, prov, chrome soft, etc.). He says the Kirkland is as good a ball as he has ever hit and would buy them if available. I really like the Kirkland also, but will continue to play the prov given my supply of free balls.

Lol, NSX guy, always enjoy your responses! Wasn't actually referring to you, but that's ok.

" bringing realistic thoughts, expectations and ideas to the thread." A person with zero experience in witchcraft, ghosts, the Easter bunny, tarot card reading etc can certainly bring realistic thoughts, expectations and ideas to THOSE convos...

:rolleyes:

You must have long arms - that's quite a reach you made there,,,,,,, :lol:

Hardly the same thing. I DO have some experience with golf and golf balls,,,,,,

We'll just agree to disagree then,,,,,,,,,,

A few simple parameters mostly define it. Launch off driver and wedge, spin separation and magnitudes off driver and wedge...Unless a person has ANY experience or data with the ball, thoughts, ideas and expectations should be sort of difficult to contribute..however this thread is fascinating in that it draws peeps in with zero possible contribution.

Sorry but unlike the zero experience with ghosts and goblins, there ARE many others here who have experience with all sorts of gof balls. Because they've not tried the Kirkland (yet ?) their input is irrelevant ? I don't think so,,,,,,,,,,

There is a giant thread on blades, I pop in to get perspective on sometimes. I've got no experience with blades but I'm curiout so I draw from it, like may other topics I read up on. What I don't do is drop in and dump preconceived notions about blades. I'm simply not qualified to share there.

Your a data guy, and this thread is HUGE. 9k replies. There are a enough independent reviews here that a large number of data points can be used to evaluate this ball, more so than any other product topic on this site and for good reason.

Of course it's huge. Who wouldn't be interested in a ball that performs the same as the top selling ball in the game at 1/3 of the price ?!?!? I expect there are tons of low handicap players that haven't taken a peek, even if they haven't posted - they'd be crazy not to.

And the fact that you don't play blades doesn't mean you can't "contribute" to a blade thread. A blade is just another golf club. You DO play golf.

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 10.5 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Ping G20 5-PW DGS300 Yellow Dot

Ping Glide Pro 48*

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 35*, RED, Black Accra

Callaway Tour TruTrack Yellow

This thread has been assigned an expectation hall monitor who will be along shortly to temper your hopes. He has not tried the ball, but monitors the thread closely for any unsubstantiated enthusiasm. He has several backup guys that can also assist.

As the self-appointed "Chief Fanboi" of the thread I understand your opposition to someone actually bringing realistic thoughts, expectations and ideas to the thread. It's OK. It'll get better. I think hope. :dntknw:

As well, I already admitted I'd give the ball a try if I could find a sleeve, didn't I ?

"Unsubstantiated enthusiasm" ? Good one. :good: Just another word/phrase for opinion/rumor/innuendo/fake news. etc., no ?

THIS guy was smarter than anybody around here is - I'll take his thoughts over yours. :beruo: :hi:

EintsteinQuestionEverything1.png

Lol. Einstein was left handed.

Callaway Mavrik Max 10.5°
Callaway XR 16 3 wood
Callaway Mavrik Max 3 thru 5 hybrids
Srixon z565 6 thru PW
48°, 52° & 58° Cleveland CBX wedges
Ping Sigma 2 Kushin C flat stick

All subject to change in the blink of an eye.........and I blink a lot.

This post has covered everything. Why does the K-Sig have to compare to the Pro V1? They are different balls. If you like it, Play it. If it fits your, game play it. I will play both. Besides either ball will do whatever your swing dictates.

This thread has gone crazy! Good thing I turned off notifications a while back.

Sincerely

exactly....the k sig is more like the pro v1x anyway, IMO.....the comparison if any, is between those two..not that it matters...i have played the k sig, .like it, but it is harder then the pro v1 , again more comparable to pro v1x..i am not a low handi, but still like how it plays..i play the k sig and the chrome soft intermittently...they just arent a bargain anymore cuz the price, so, i will play chrome soft when the two dozen of mint, not brand new, of the k sigs I have, i am a ball junkie of sorts, but i like soft in a ball, so unless they come back down to the low price, not worth ir for me...i saw good side spin for as much as i can being a mid handi...

I shouldn't have even bothered posting about it, and certainly not as many words (nor superlatives). But my assessment of the KSig ball can be summarized in this one easy sentence.

It is good enough on the characteristics that better golfers prefer to compare favorably to many of the highest priced tour balls on the market, at a small fraction of their price.

I am pretty sure these balls are a myth. Like Unicorns. Never seen them in the store or on the course. And I live in Seattle where Costco is headquartered. You would think some bigwig out here would have access and leave a few in the trees to be found.

Myth? Not so much. More like trying to find good help. Never there when you need it and never enough when you find it.

I am pretty sure these balls are a myth. Like Unicorns. Never seen them in the store or on the course. And I live in Seattle where Costco is headquartered. You would think some bigwig out here would have access and leave a few in the trees to be found.

I've lost a few dozen over the last 7 months, time for a NY roadtrip!

I did just order some 5A ProV1s though since my KSig stockpile has been dwindling rapidly in these soggy conditions. In the past week I've lost like 6 that were just plugged drives in the fairway or first cut that I couldn't find.

Don't know what I can offer to a 309 page thread but I've been playing with the K-Sigs for the last 2 weeks and have been nothing but impressed. I play the Vice Pro mostly and really like that ball. That said, I love the way the K-Sig feels off the driver. It seems to fly a bit higher than my usual and, anecdotally only, I feel it goes a tad bit farther. Durability-wise, it holds up really well too (which I can't say about the Vice). I played almost* an entire round with one yesterday and will probably play the same ball again. When I did lose a ball yesterday, I didn't care at all, which is a nice stress reducer when you duff your pitch into the water. I'm only a few sleeves in but I do enjoy the ball. If it was in yellow (and could actually find them reliably), I might just switch balls for good.

Was at Costco earlier today. Looked for Ksig - no such luck.

I will keep an eye peeled. I still have 6 sleeves, so I am good for a while. Luckily, it is not the only ball I play.

On another note, has anyone tried the Kirkland Signature Single Malt Scotch? at $45 a bottle, is it worth it?

Im all about the Costco Machine!

24 Year Scotch

21 Year Scotch

4 piece Golf Balls

20161009_103613_zpsutbzfohj.jpg

Is the scotch any good? I've always been curious since I enjoy their cheap bourbon and vodka.

The 21 year was EXCELLENT, the 24 year is VERY VERY GOOD.. They dont have Costco Liquor store's up here in NY, but I bought it just to try when I was down in Naples, FL... They were so good at the price range, I drove over to Connecticut where they have Costco liquor to stock up on a bunch of bottles.

My friends and I are pretty big Scotch/Whiskey drinkers, Ive drank a lot of different stuff ranging from cheap Monkey Shoulder up to 25 year Macallan and 30 year Glenlivet..

The Kirkland are blended, but honestly, for the price, they are hard to beat. My friend still cant believe he is drinking Costco Scotch..

I also got to speak with a rep for Alexander & Murray (which is who actually sources/bottles these), most of them are blends of leftover casks from Macallan/Glenfiddich/Glenlivet/Glendronach and other top distilleries..

This is my current lineup at home:

20160928_152052_zpsjta8ir18.jpg

page 12.

The Scotch and Vodka have gotten outstanding reviews. I have yet to try them but its on the list as they say. I picked up some of those Callaway gloves. Have a tournament Wednesday. I'm sure they will be great.

Their 7 year bourbon is fantastic. I've converted so many people from Bulleit (I don't know how that brand got so popular) to the Kirkland that I should get commission.

Their 7 year bourbon is fantastic. I've converted so many people from Bulleit (I don't know how that brand got so popular) to the Kirkland that I should get commission.

I am going to give the Ksig bourbon a try. My go to, I like to drink alone, all purpose bargain bourbon is Weller Antique 107.

Speaking as a high handicapper...I'm 51 and my good drives will go about 240ish...got some, gave a sleeve to each of my friends in our thursday foursome at the very narrow and challenging Woodley Lakes GC...

Whether it was me or the ball, I hated it...putted nicely, but it felt like a rock to me...perhaps you need a higher swing speed to appreciate the ball. Who knows...I'm very erratic! FWIW, I'm not crazy about prov either...I like the Bridgstone E6 balls and Noodles!

I realize most WRXers are good golfers, but for the fellow mediocre ones out there...this is my two cents!

I realize most WRXers are good golfers, but for the fellow mediocre ones out there...this is my two cents!

Plenty of mediocre on this website...They all just talk like they've got game...Its the internet/WRX phenomenon...Anyway, the ball is not for everyone...But if you get a chance to play it and like it, its the best deal going...No harm going back to your trusty ball if its not for you...

I played these after all the hype. No comparison to the feel of the titleist......sorry

the Wilson staff duo is a much better comparison and they are only 1999 a doz

The Duo? Really? It's a low compression very soft ball but without the urethane cover it is completely different around the green. it's no Kirkland. Ksig feels like a V1x........not sorry :)

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

Duo comparison wow, must be a joke.

TI M2 (2016) 8.5° AD-GP 6x (backup Adams Fast 12 LS 7.5°)
TI M2 (2016) 13° TS AD-GP 7x
TI P790 #1 UDI 14° KBS Tour Hybrid Graphite Prototype 95X (backup TI RSi TP UDI #1 16° MRC Kuro Kage Silver 90HY TX)
TI TM P790 3-PW NS Pro Prototype 2F15 X-Stiff
TI TM Milled GRIND 52° & 59° KBS Tour Nickel Black X-Stiff
TI Bullseye Tour Putter
KSIG/PROv1x