2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Kirkland Signature (Costco) golf balls (MERGED) (NO BST POSTS)

Swoff57

Since the Ksig cannot be obtained outside of ebay, you can still find these deals

RZN Tour Plats - under $20

Ammo boxes of 2016 TP - 3 dozen for under $60

Hex Pro - $17.50 per dozen plus shipping so lets just say under $20

RBZ Urethane Practice - 3 dozen under $40

Q-Star Tour buy 3 get 1 free = $22.50 per dozen

Let not forget all the Bridgestones on ebay - average $20-25 per dozen depending on qty in auction

I am all for a good deal, but for $3-4 a dozen in savings over other deals, will the Ksigs really be missed?

Yes. They will be missed by nostrils across the nation.

KSigs smelled like nothing else, except maybe napalm in the morning.

They smelled like... victory.

If you never smelled 'em, never played 'em... well, None of the above balls can compare.

Smell-wise.

Very comparable playing wise. :)

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

Dean Snell says the volume on these was lower than imagined and the ball is going away for good soon. https://www.thehacke...fitting-costco/

I'm not saying Dean Snell misrepresented anything but he's a competitor to Costco and likely has little insight into what Costco is doing with their manufacturers. I don't see Costco wasting their time and money to register the KSig with the USGA, trademark, design and produce packaging for a golf ball that had as limited a supply as Snell suggests. I wouldn't be shocked if Costco sold more KSigs than Snell sold overall over the same period of time.

Costco probably sold more K-Sigs in an hour than Snell sells in a month.

Ksigs are gone for good.....nobody uses them....unless you are in this thread :)

Not even close to a true statement. I've now played with 10+ guys who had the ball in play and none of them was a WRX'er.

It was just a joke Dave.....im sure there are 15-20 people who use these outside of this thread. IM KIDDING!!! I use a darn Wilson duo, so what am i talking about!!!????

Ksigs are gone for good.....nobody uses them....unless you are in this thread :)

Not even close to a true statement. I've now played with 10+ guys who had the ball in play and none of them was a WRX'er.

It was just a joke Dave.....im sure there are 15-20 people who use these outside of this thread. IM KIDDING!!! I use a darn Wilson duo, so what am i talking about!!!????

Psyche!

Psyche!

OMG THATS SO WRONG!!! THATS A CRIME!!! lol......that's hilarious

For Bay Area folks...The new Costco by Cottle road had the golf balls this morning. Likely sold out now but in case you are around the area. First day of the Costco there, so was a bit crazy...

The smell of victory...and the agony of defeat.

Shopping Cart

Due to inventory changes, item 1081660 in your cart is no longer available. This item cannot be purchased at this time.

Wow! These Ksigs must be serious business.

I think that is the first non-jokey post I've ever read from DP4! ;)

Rule #1. You don't mess with my family.

Rule #2. You don't mess with my wine cellar.

Rule #3. You don't mess with Zoltan...which is Polish for KSig.

Wow! These Ksigs must be serious business.

I think that is the first non-jokey post I've ever read from DP4! ;)

Rule #1. You don't mess with my family.

Rule #2. You don't mess with my wine cellar.

Rule #3. You don't mess with Zoltan...which is Polish for KSig.

That's the making of a "Clue" murder that is.

sounds like Toretto from F&F

Seems like this story has held up for the most part.

https://Not allowed because of spam.com/costco-suspends-k-sig-production/

While we have reason to believe there's more to the story (and we're not done investigating), we believe that in all likelihood, this is the end of the line for the Kirkland Signature Golf Ball.

"The K-Sig has been a godsend for the budget conscious consumer. Like I said, a hell of a story, but unfortunately it appears to be coming to an end, and I suspect the bigger ball manufacturers will sleep easier tonight because of it.

Here's what we're able to share.

Our source inside Costco has not responded to our calls; however, a source familiar with the situation has told us that Costco has suspended production of the Kirkland Signature until further notice. Whether you want to call it a shortage or a total outage, the lack of Kirkland golf balls available to the consumer is being blamed on supply chain issues.

We're told that, internally, Costco is saying that production will resume at a later date (and that an email will be sent to customers when stock is available), but we have good reason to believe that is an unlikely scenario.

A representative of Nassau Golf (originally listed as the manufacturer of the Kirkland Signature Ball on the USGA conforming list) has told Not allowed because of spam that Costco purchased overruns of Nassau's European-market-exclusive Quattro ball. There is some indication the sale was made through a third party, and that Nassau may not have been directly involved in the deal. The same source confirms that while the Costco balls have a different core color, the material composition and layer thickness are absolutely identical to the Quattro.

With the initial supply of overruns exhausted, Costco effectively has nothing left to sell.

With Costco selling its version of the Quattro at its cost ($15/dozen), it appears that Nassau is not particularly interested in selling Costco any additional inventory. As you can imagine, there's little interest in allowing Costco to undercut the Quattro with the Quattro, nor is there any desire to see the ball market (including direct-to-consumer brands like Snell, and OEMs such as TaylorMade) undercut either.

Nassau Quattro wasn't being undercut though; I've literally never seen one and most US golfers have never even heard of it, and the KSig was largely a US phenomenon.

The Quattro is literally not sold in USA so no, you would not have seen one and US golfers would not have heard of it.

While we have reason to believe there's more to the story (and we're not done investigating), we believe that in all likelihood, this is the end of the line for the Kirkland Signature Golf Ball.

"The K-Sig has been a godsend for the budget conscious consumer. Like I said, a hell of a story, but unfortunately it appears to be coming to an end, and I suspect the bigger ball manufacturers will sleep easier tonight because of it.

Our source inside Costco has not responded to our calls; however, a source familiar with the situation has told us that Costco has suspended production of the Kirkland Signature until further notice. Whether you want to call it a shortage or a total outage, the lack of Kirkland golf balls available to the consumer is being blamed on supply chain issues.

We're told that, internally, Costco is saying that production will resume at a later date (and that an email will be sent to customers when stock is available), but we have good reason to believe that is an unlikely scenario.

A representative of Nassau Golf (originally listed as the manufacturer of the Kirkland Signature Ball on the USGA conforming list) has told Not allowed because of spam that Costco purchased overruns of Nassau's European-market-exclusive Quattro ball. There is some indication the sale was made through a third party, and that Nassau may not have been directly involved in the deal. The same source confirms that while the Costco balls have a different core color, the material composition and layer thickness are absolutely identical to the Quattro.

With the initial supply of overruns exhausted, Costco effectively has nothing left to sell.

With Costco selling its version of the Quattro at its cost ($15/dozen), it appears that Nassau is not particularly interested in selling Costco any additional inventory. As you can imagine, there's little interest in allowing Costco to undercut the Quattro with the Quattro, nor is there any desire to see the ball market (including direct-to-consumer brands like Snell, and OEMs such as TaylorMade) undercut either.

Yet it was released twice since this article. Troll gonna troll!

internet muscles rule.

its a discussion point as to what the future may be for this ball.....grow up

Nassau Quattro wasn't being undercut though; I've literally never seen one and most US golfers have never even heard of it, and the KSig was largely a US phenomenon.

The Quattro is literally not sold in USA so no, you would not have seen one and US golfers would not have heard of it.

I never heard of the Quattro even though i had some ksigs. im sure Nassau never expected this type of response as i am sure Costco never did either. It created a whole new market

internet muscles rule.

Great point which was discussed in detail back in January. If you want to discuss it now, maybe you can have it with your other username like you've done in the past. Keep on Keeping on K-Sigers!

internet muscles rule.

Your right, it was a discussion point. And he discussed. It was released twice since the article was published. So with all things considered what do YOU feel will happen next?

internet muscles rule.

Great point which was discussed in detail back in January. If you want to discuss it now, maybe you can have it with your other username like you've done in the past. Keep on Keeping on K-Sigers!

See above

internet muscles rule.

Your right, it was a discussion point. And he discussed. It was released twice since the article was published. So with all things considered what do YOU feel will happen next?

I feel there was a new market created, almost an "underground" type of market which created a short term groundswell and Costco or whoever, should contract with Nassau for all the over runs....but it doesn't look like the supplier is willing to do that, so if i have to put $20 on it, i would tend to think this ball will NOT become a factor in the main market at all. It will continue to be a "internet legend" type of ball that you rarely see on courses across the country. But who know....why Nassau or the 3rd party vendor who can get their hands on the over runs wouldn't want to make money from it, is something I cannot answer.

My prediction is at various points in time Costco will find some multi-piece urethane ball (whether made by Nassau or not) and sell them at the 2-for-$30 price point. When they're able to source them at that price, they will be available. When they're not able to find good enough balls, cheap enough, they will not be available.

I think that "prediction" has basically been true for about a year now hasn't it? No reason to think it will change any time soon.

My prediction is at various points in time Costco will find some multi-piece urethane ball (whether made by Nassau or not) and sell them at the 2-for-$30 price point. When they're able to source them at that price, they will be available. When they're not able to find good enough balls, cheap enough, they will not be available.

I think that "prediction" has basically been true for about a year now hasn't it? No reason to think it will change any time soon.

And call them what, "Signature" ??? ;)

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Ping G20 5-PW DGS300 Yellow Dot

Ping Glide Pro 48*

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 35*, RED, Black Accra

Callaway Tour TruTrack Yellow

internet muscles rule.

I feel there was a new market created, almost an "underground" type of market which created a short term groundswell and Costco or whoever, should contract with Nassau for all the over runs....but it doesn't look like the supplier is willing to do that, so if i have to put $20 on it, i would tend to think this ball will NOT become a factor in the main market at all. It will continue to be a "internet legend" type of ball that you rarely see on courses across the country. But who know....why Nassau or the 3rd party vendor who can get their hands on the over runs wouldn't want to make money from it, is something I cannot answer.

Ok, so I'm not sure if the "story held up for the most part" since there were two releases before the story and two after??

And yes I know the volume is obviously limited, BUT, I have had no trouble getting mine. No sympathy for the uninformed consumer or those who cannot distinguish between usefull info and misinformation by obvious motivated individuals.

two questions:

- anyone ever see a "performance one" out in the wild? were they a part of the most recent release?

- anyone have any info (or wild speculation) about that costco v acushnet lawsuit?

screenshot from the usga website.

Screen_Shot_2017-06-30_at_10.48.59_AM.png

original credit to lvphil702 for first posting about the "performance one" back in march.

Today's USGA Golf Ball confirming list now has 2 Kirkland Signature balls listed.

Kirkland Signature with Signature in red white 4P-3C M-H 360 USA SM Global, LLC

Performance One

Kirkland Signature with Signature in red white 4P-SC-3c M-H 360 USA SM Global, LLC

Tour Performance

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5