2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Kirkland Signature (Costco) golf balls (MERGED) (NO BST POSTS)

Swoff57

Finally broke into my stash of K-Sigs for my last 2 rounds. I had been playing Chrome Softs prior. I also played a ProV1x the last two holes for comparison purposes.

It does play quite similar to the V1x. It is not my favorite ball, but for the price I will continue to play them until they run out. I slightly prefer the Chrome Soft and I think it is due to my swing speed (low 100's with the driver). Outside of that the ball has plenty of performance with irons and around the green (chipping, putting, etc.). Good ball overall, great ball for the price.

Not a big fan of Srizon or Bridgestones (prefer the Cally or Titleist over those two) but it has been a few years since I tried either brand. I was pleasantly surprised last year when I tried the Hex Soft from Costco. Despite being a 3 piece surlyn ball it performed very well. My all-time favorite is the Callaway Hex Pro that was available for a bit from Costco for $25/dozen. I thought that was an outstanding ball but I cannot find it anywhere now.

drn92

I play cheap balls too....Wilson duo leading the charge....use prov1's because they were a gift......would never spend $50 / dzn balls......too many of them find the woods and water...bought some Nike RZN because of a huge sale + a discount coupon....brought the cost down to $20/dzn....... the Ksigs i have are not for me.....im giving them to a buddy i have so he can review....to me a ball is a ball, but i do love a softer ball (what the?) and the ksig is much firmer than a prov1 to me with less durability and control..but like i said, im a 2x digit player, so maybe im not the best judge.....when i run out of Nikes, the Duo is my go to ball.....explosive!!! ;)

Kudos on the Nike RZN savings. Can't fault you for that. Would probably buy those to if I wasn't already stocked on the others. Can also appreciate the soft feel of the Duo off the irons specifically.

Ksig certainly is firmer then the standard Prov1, but less so than the V1X..seems to fall right between the two for me and that is not a bad compromise.

The Holy grail ball for me is the ProV1X or Z-Star XV off the driver (Firm, low spin), and Z-Star off the irons, and standard v1 around the greens. Until that impossible ball is created, EVERY ball will be a compromise.

I gotta try the Z stars....heard lots of good things about them.....

Given your preferences, the Q-Star Tour would be better. Soft/low compression Probably still find trial packs at 20 per doz if you hunt.

good call...thanks

Strange, isn't it ?

You 2 fighting for the longest time on this thread and now,,,,,,,,,,

time for you 2 to get a room !!! :cheesy:

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

Finally broke into my stash of K-Sigs for my last 2 rounds. I had been playing Chrome Softs prior. I also played a ProV1x the last two holes for comparison purposes.

It does play quite similar to the V1x. It is not my favorite ball, but for the price I will continue to play them until they run out. I slightly prefer the Chrome Soft and I think it is due to my swing speed (low 100's with the driver). Outside of that the ball has plenty of performance with irons and around the green (chipping, putting, etc.). Good ball overall, great ball for the price.

Not a big fan of Srizon or Bridgestones (prefer the Cally or Titleist over those two) but it has been a few years since I tried either brand. I was pleasantly surprised last year when I tried the Hex Soft from Costco. Despite being a 3 piece surlyn ball it performed very well. My all-time favorite is the Callaway Hex Pro that was available for a bit from Costco for $25/dozen. I thought that was an outstanding ball but I cannot find it anywhere now.

drn92

Rockbottomgolf has the hex pro for a whopping $17.50 a doz if you buy two or more.

drn92

Rockbottomgolf has the hex pro for a whopping $17.50 a doz if you buy two or more.

Interesting. I wonder how fresh those are and if the performance drops off over time. They were great balls. If there is no degradation of performance I may pick up a couple dozen.

drn92

I picked up five dozen hex pros and 6 dozen rocketballz urethane. I think I'm set for two seasons. I can't wait for the ksigs to come out any longer:(

drn92

Interesting. I wonder how fresh those are and if the performance drops off over time. They were great balls. If there is no degradation of performance I may pick up a couple dozen.

drn92

Figured someone probably already asked this, however I did not want to search through the last 30+ pages to find the answer.

I ran out of my Ksigs this past week, does anyone know what the status, if and when Costco will be doing another launch anytime soon?

Nobody knows.

Strange, isn't it ?

If its at the Waldorf, im in. You can join us NSX and ill buy you a beer and give you a sleeve of Ksigs!!

Beer, yes. That will be a pass on the room, however.

Topics can include religion, politics, K-sig vs Titliest, Apple vs Android and IS there such a thing as golf manufacturer hating, dawg??, lol.

Strange, isn't it ?

If its at the Waldorf, im in. You can join us NSX and ill buy you a beer and give you a sleeve of Ksigs!!

Topics can include religion, politics, K-sig vs Titliest, Apple vs Android and IS there such a thing as golf manufacturer hating, dawg??, lol.

Lots of beer first before those topics are discussed....

Strange, isn't it ?

With all appropriate respect, from your posts, I doubt it would be any Kirkland Craft beer. Would probably be too flat or bubbly for your preference.

Strange, isn't it ?

With all appropriate respect, from your posts, I doubt it would be any Kirkland Craft beer. Would probably be too flat or bubbly for your preference.

More like flat and no taste!!

Has anyone seen the leather Callaway gloves in store lately? I need some gloves and was hoping to run out there on my lunch break.

Taylormade Qi10 9*/Ventus Blue 7X
Taylormade BRNR 13.5*/KBS TD Cat4 
Callaway AI Smoke 7w/AD IZ 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Taylormade Spider Tour Proto 34"
Taylormade MG4 52, 56, 62 S400
Taylormade 2024 TP5X

I just saw a bunch of them (Callaway Gloves, 3 pack) at the store near my house here in Fredericksburg, VA

DRIVER: Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5*, Ventus TR Blue 6TX at 45"
3 WOOD: Callaway Paradym HL 16.5*, Diamana Flower Band White, D+ 82X Flex, tipped 1" at 42"
7 WOOD: Callaway Paradym 21*, Tensei AV white 75g S Flex, tipped 1" at 41"

IRONS: Callaway Apex MB 7-10, CB 4-6 -- DG TI S400

WEDGES: Callaway JAWS Raw 50, 54, 58 -- DG TI S400
PUTTER: SC Phantom 5, Stability Shaft, 33.25", Garsen Quad Tour grip (Toulon Chicago as back up)
BALL: Callaway CT X (current gamer), Srixon Diamond, -ProV1X and ProV1

Just bought some last week in Omaha, NE. They had a bunch of them along with some Callaway golf balls.

Be very careful saying "Just bought some..." in the K-Sig thread. There will be a stampede caused by people thinking you were referring to Kirkland balls and not gloves.

More like flat and no taste!!

That comment sounds a lot like...uh never mind.

Lol DP, I suppose it's one thing to sleep on the sofa... and another to have the sofa dragged out to the front yard first.

Figured someone probably already asked this, however I did not want to search through the last 30+ pages to find the answer.

I ran out of my Ksigs this past week, does anyone know what the status, if and when Costco will be doing another launch anytime soon?

A quick search on Ebay shows they are still going for $50 dozen...Unbelievable

The most amazing thing is that the frenzy has lasted so long..I figured by now some sellers would be in panic mode.

The most amazing thing is that the frenzy has lasted so long..I figured by now some sellers would be in panic mode.

They aren't selling at that price. $25 -$30 seems to be the going rate.

Not sure why people think sellers would be in panic mode. If you don't sell them, play them. They're great balls!

Figured someone probably already asked this, however I did not want to search through the last 30+ pages to find the answer. I ran out of my Ksigs this past week, does anyone know what the status, if and when Costco will be doing another launch anytime soon?
A quick search on Ebay shows they are still going for $50 dozen...Unbelievable The most amazing thing is that the frenzy has lasted so long..I figured by now some sellers would be in panic mode.
Not sure why people think sellers would be in panic mode. If you don't sell them, play them. They're great balls!

Yes, but you're looking at it from the perspective of someone that would buy golf balls to play golf with them. There are apparently some people out there that bought 10+ dozen balls for the sole purpose of flipping them. If you're in that boat...I doubt that you're going to be content to take a loss or barely break even on them.

Figured someone probably already asked this, however I did not want to search through the last 30+ pages to find the answer. I ran out of my Ksigs this past week, does anyone know what the status, if and when Costco will be doing another launch anytime soon?
A quick search on Ebay shows they are still going for $50 dozen...Unbelievable The most amazing thing is that the frenzy has lasted so long..I figured by now some sellers would be in panic mode.

Yes, but you're looking at it from the perspective of someone that would buy golf balls to play golf with them. There are apparently some people out there that bought 10+ dozen balls for the sole purpose of flipping them. If you're in that boat...I doubt that you're going to be content to take a loss or barely break even on them.

I think the flipping angle is way over played on this thread. Just a lot of bitter people who didn't get the ball. Those who bought to flip, have made enough by now to cover costs on whatever is may be left. Anything made going forward is pure profit.

Dean Snell says the volume on these was lower than imagined and the ball is going away for good soon. https://www.thehacke...fitting-costco/

Here is what I dont understand. $15 a dozen + tax in CA is about $16.20

Since the Ksig cannot be obtained outside of ebay, you can still find these deals

RZN Tour Plats - under $20

Ammo boxes of 2016 TP - 3 dozen for under $60

Hex Pro - $17.50 per dozen plus shipping so lets just say under $20

RBZ Urethane Practice - 3 dozen under $40

Q-Star Tour buy 3 get 1 free = $22.50 per dozen

Let not forget all the Bridgestones on ebay - average $20-25 per dozen depending on qty in auction

I am all for a good deal, but for $3-4 a dozen in savings over other deals, will the Ksigs really be missed?

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
Callaway V-Series 3 & 5 wood with Aldila Rouge Silver
Srixon 585 5-AW - Modus 105 Stiff
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 53 & 58 Degree
EVNROLL ER5
Srixon XV - Yellow

Dean Snell says the volume on these was lower than imagined and the ball is going away for good soon. https://www.thehacke...fitting-costco/

I'm not saying Dean Snell misrepresented anything but he's a competitor to Costco and likely has little insight into what Costco is doing with their manufacturers. I don't see Costco wasting their time and money to register the KSig with the USGA, trademark, design and produce packaging for a golf ball that had as limited a supply as Snell suggests. I wouldn't be shocked if Costco sold more KSigs than Snell sold overall over the same period of time.

I expect Costco to continue to offer the KSig, though it may not be the same exact ball we all bought this year.

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

I believe Costco doesn't really care about maintaining a supply of Ksig balls, even on a sporadic basis. I believe it was and is indeed a production overrun thing and whenever there is another run that has a result of a bunch of extras, they may or may not buy them and resell them.

In other words, I don't believe they will ever make a commitment. They have a history of marketing products like this.

Here today, gone tomorrow.

Callaway Mavrik Max 10.5°
Callaway XR 16 3 wood
Callaway Mavrik Max 3 thru 5 hybrids
Srixon z565 6 thru PW
48°, 52° & 58° Cleveland CBX wedges
Ping Sigma 2 Kushin C flat stick

All subject to change in the blink of an eye.........and I blink a lot.

I bought 4 dozen last time out. Played 2 dozen and just sold the other 2 for $39.99 each. Basically played the 2 dozen for free

Nice ball but not for me. Maybe next time I'll by4 dozen again and turn around and sell them

Callaway Paradym X
Callaway Mavrik 3 wood
Callaway Mavrik 5 wood
Callaway Mavrik Irons 

Mavrik hybrids
Odyssey White Hot RX 7 putter

Maxfli tour S