Kirkland Signature (Costco) golf balls (MERGED) (NO BST POSTS)

Swoff57

I searched the BST for this ball and don't see any. Is there some unwritten rule I don't know about?

Such a sacred topic no one will even answer my question. Hmmmm

My guess is people would want to make the most of their sale without adding the label of greedy to their golfwrx user name. Ebay would be better in this case. If I decide to let go of any of mine, I would let the free market dictate the price on ebay as well. Just my perspective...

Selling K-Sig balls is not allowed on BST. Or at least it wasn't allowed back during the initial flipping frenzy.

I suspect the prohibition is still in place because if and when another batch shows up (and sells out in hours) there will be another flipping frenzy. Don't think GolfWRX wants to be a part of that kind of thing.

I searched the BST for this ball and don't see any. Is there some unwritten rule I don't know about?

My guess is people would want to make the most of their sale without adding the label of greedy to their golfwrx user name. Ebay would be better in this case. If I decide to let go of any of mine, I would let the free market dictate the price on ebay as well. Just my perspective...

Some members here were accused of hoarding the ball for financial gain so it became a bit contentious when those that missed out on ordering saw the ads.

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

Some members here were accused of hoarding the ball for financial gain so it became a bit contentious when those that missed out on ordering saw the ads.

Makes sense

This makes sense. I "might" want the most out of mine too. Thanks for the other feedback as well.

they are done.....there is no supply chain.....time to move on

Sure there is a chain of supply...EBay!

Apparently they even have yellow one now...KSigs never die... They just transform into something more ̶b̶e̶a̶u̶t̶i̶f̶u̶l̶ expensive.

There. Fixed it for ya.

Callaway Mavrik Max 10.5°
Callaway XR 16 3 wood
Callaway Mavrik Max 3 thru 5 hybrids
Srixon z565 6 thru PW
48°, 52° & 58° Cleveland CBX wedges
Ping Sigma 2 Kushin C flat stick

All subject to change in the blink of an eye.........and I blink a lot.

I found a Ksig on the course today. Since I was playing solo behind a twosome, I decided to put it up against the Maxfli U/6 I was trying for the first time today.

Ksig may have been a tad longer off the tee, but the U/6 spun much better on the 40-70 yard control shots. Full wedges were basically a push.

Ksig = good ball. Maxli U/6 = just as good IMO - Paid $14.15 per dozen on the Maxfli

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
Callaway V-Series 3 & 5 wood with Aldila Rouge Silver
Srixon 585 5-AW - Modus 105 Stiff
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 53 & 58 Degree
EVNROLL ER5
Srixon XV - Yellow

I found a Ksig on the course today. Since I was playing solo behind a twosome, I decided to put it up against the Maxfli U/6 I was trying for the first time today.

Ksig may have been a tad longer off the tee, but the U/6 spun much better on the 40-70 yard control shots. Full wedges were basically a push.

Ksig = good ball. Maxli U/6 = just as good IMO - Paid $14.15 per dozen on the Maxfli

Was it the older U/6 or the more recent U/6 Tour or U/6 Tour X? Since you said 14.15 per dz, I am guessing that it was the recent 6 for $85 U/6 Tour deal. If so, was it Tour or Tour X?

Driver: Cobra F9 with HZRDUS SMOKE Stiff
3W: Titleist 917F2 w/Fujikura Speeder Pro Tour Spec 84 Stiff
2I: Srixon Z U65 18 Degree w/Miyazaki Kaula 7s
Irons: Mizuno MP-54 3-PW DG S300 
Wedge: Vokey TVD 56 K-Grind
Wedge: Vokey SM6 60-12 K-Grind 
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Was it the older U/6 or the more recent U/6 Tour or U/6 Tour X? Since you said 14.15 per dz, I am guessing that it was the recent 6 for $85 U/6 Tour deal. If so, was it Tour or Tour X?

Yes just got them last week and I went with the Tour (non X version). I should have mixed up my order and got some X as well but I heard that ball was really really firm. Very happy with the Tour version. Only area it lacked a little was hitting the driver into a strong head wind. The 2017 XV is much better in that condition but for price I couldn't be happier. Short game stud with this ball. Stopping everything near the pin.

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
Callaway V-Series 3 & 5 wood with Aldila Rouge Silver
Srixon 585 5-AW - Modus 105 Stiff
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 53 & 58 Degree
EVNROLL ER5
Srixon XV - Yellow

I LOVE the Maxfli U6 Tour Soft ball. Like love love it.

I LOVE the Maxfli U6 Tour Soft ball. Like love love it.

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

Can you possibly point us in the direction of the deal?...Dicks would be the assumption?

I have a sleeve that another member gave me... I'm afraid to break them out in case I like them and can't get them again. the costco nearest me is an hour and a half away.... so not like I can just pop over and check the shelves

Ping G410 LST Fujikura Atmos Black 6X 
Ping TiSi Tec 3 Wood Ping Tour Stiff
Ping i25 19* hybrid Aldila Tour Blue S
Ping 410 Crossover 4 iron
Ping Blueprint Modus 120 S Powerspec 
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 48/52/56/60
Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

I have a sleeve that another member gave me... I'm afraid to break them out in case I like them and can't get them again. the costco nearest me is an hour and a half away.... so not like I can just pop over and check the shelves

dont worry, i can tell you non are on the shelves, so i would break open the box or sell them on the bay

Can you possibly point us in the direction of the deal?...Dicks would be the assumption?

Deal is over and yes it was at Dicks. The deal was 2 for $35 and then they had their $20 off purchases over 100. So it was 6 dz for 105 minus 20 which came to $85.

Driver: Cobra F9 with HZRDUS SMOKE Stiff
3W: Titleist 917F2 w/Fujikura Speeder Pro Tour Spec 84 Stiff
2I: Srixon Z U65 18 Degree w/Miyazaki Kaula 7s
Irons: Mizuno MP-54 3-PW DG S300 
Wedge: Vokey TVD 56 K-Grind
Wedge: Vokey SM6 60-12 K-Grind 
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

as i stated before, there is no way I see them selling them as cheap as before and keeping up with production, especially with the super high demand. also, it was a wonderful ball at $30 for two dozen, and i would play them for that reason. they are a good ball at a higher price too, i am sure. I have to be honest with myself, i am not a good enough golfer to reap the benefits that the ksig could provide because to me its like the prov1x , you have to be able to compress the ball to reap the benefits, i cant with my swing speed, so the ksig wouldnt benefit me. as golfers, we get caught up in the hype, and its fun, besides playing golf, we all love the new equipment...Carpe Diem!

The whole "compress the ball to reap the benefits" is a completely made-up marketing canard.

Go hit a ProV1 or K-Sig with an 8-iron and land it on a firm green. Then hit a Duo or Supersoft with the same 8-iron and land it on the same firm green.

You will find the ProV1/K-sig stops closer to where it lands on any clean strike. Doesn't matter if you're swinging that 8-iron at 60mph or 90mph, the softer urethane cover will stop the ball more quickly and reliably.

You will also find the all four of those balls (Supersoft, Duo, K-Sig, ProV1) will fly give or take a couple of yards of the same distance.

The "compression" of a ball determines the sound it makes when you hit it. Not how far it goes, not the trajectory, not how much it spins. Distance, trajectory and spin are determined by a dozen different elements of the ball's design working together. So-called "Compression" is just one of those elements.

I have a friend who 100% believe the "compression" thing. He absolutely hates any ball that "feels like a rock". But being an inveterate equipment ho' he can't resist trying all different kinds of balls. Every single time he has tried a "high compression" ball he tells me something like "I didn't actually see any loss of distance but I can tell from the feel that it just wasn't compressing".

So he's convinced that "high compression" balls are meant for better players than him (and this is a guy who regularly drives it 240 or so) and that he would be ruining his game to play anything other than a Duo or Chrome Soft. It's amazing how otherwise intelligent people can be brainwashed by marketing to the extent that they literally do not believe their own personal experience.

The whole "compress the ball to reap the benefits" is a completely made-up marketing canard.

Go hit a ProV1 or K-Sig with an 8-iron and land it on a firm green. Then hit a Duo or Supersoft with the same 8-iron and land it on the same firm green.

You will find the ProV1/K-sig stops closer to where it lands on any clean strike. Doesn't matter if you're swinging that 8-iron at 60mph or 90mph, the softer urethane cover will stop the ball more quickly and reliably.

You will also find the all four of those balls (Supersoft, Duo, K-Sig, ProV1) will fly give or take a couple of yards of the same distance.

The "compression" of a ball determines the sound it makes when you hit it. Not how far it goes, not the trajectory, not how much it spins. Distance, trajectory and spin are determined by a dozen different elements of the ball's design working together. So-called "Compression" is just one of those elements.

I have a friend who 100% believe the "compression" thing. He absolutely hates any ball that "feels like a rock". But being an inveterate equipment ho' he can't resist trying all different kinds of balls. Every single time he has tried a "high compression" ball he tells me something like "I didn't actually see any loss of distance but I can tell from the feel that it just wasn't compressing".

So he's convinced that "high compression" balls are meant for better players than him (and this is a guy who regularly drives it 240 or so) and that he would be ruining his game to play anything other than a Duo or Chrome Soft. It's amazing how otherwise intelligent people can be brainwashed by marketing to the extent that they literally do not believe their own personal experience.

I agree with all of the above.

On off center hits, do you find the same to be true?

When I hit thin, the lower compression balls do seem to me to get up a little better, punishing me less. Prov1X, Ksig, Z-Star XV, also seem to sting a tad more on off center strikes. I also like the trajectory on pitches/chips a little better on the softer compression balls..but this is a little off topic I realize.

I agree with all of the above.

On off center hits, do you find the same to be true?

When I hit thin, the lower compression balls do seem to me to get up a little better, punishing me less. Prov1X, Ksig, Z-Star XV, also seem to sting a tad more on off center strikes. I also like the trajectory on pitches/chips a little better on the softer compression balls..but this is a little off topic I realize.

out of the Ksig, the Duo and the Prov1......the duo punishes me the least by far....feels soft and flies far.....love that ball, but i do prefer the titleist around the greens for some reason

About the thin or toe hits, sure I notice the same thing. A firmer ball feels (actually it's mostly sound) harder than a soft ball on good hits and feels *much* clankier on clanky hits. But the "punishment" is all sound and feel. I don't find a toe-jam 5-iron to fly any straighter or farther with a Supersoft than a ProV1x, it just doesn't clank as hard at impact.

I think trajectory (full and short game) varies somewhat from ball to ball. For instance when I compared the old DT Solo with the original Duo they had very different short-game trajectories, higher for the DT Solo. Most of the "Tour" type balls come off the chipping/pitching clubs a bit lower for sure. There is a mechanical relationship between more spin and lower initial launch. That can be masked somewhat on full swings by what happens later in the ball flight but on chips and pitches it's mostly about initial launch.

here is one school of thought

"When a golf ball is too soft for your swing speed, it will spin at a high rate and the results will not be desirable. Ball flight that is too low. At the same time, a ball that is too hard will result in a flat ball flight because you don't possess the necessary swing speed to compress the ball properly"

http://golf-info-guide.com/golf-tips/equipment-choices/golf-ball-compression-chart-and-rank/

Yes, you can find variation on that same statement 1,000 different places on the web.

Then again you'll find a lot of people talk about "compressing" a ball against the ground with a good iron swing which is similar totally made-up poppycock.

Golf has always been about memes like that which much make some kind of intuitive sense to a lot of people when in fact there's no evidence for it whatsoever.