2024 US Open WITB Photos ×

Kirkland Signature (Costco) golf balls (MERGED) (NO BST POSTS)

Swoff57

Funny how if a 17-handicapper claims he can't break 90 with a Tour ball but a Bridgestone e6 cures his slice and saves him 5 strokes a round some people would say that's a valid observation. But the same guy says he gets exactly the same results from urethane and Surlyn balls then what the heck does he know anyway?

Or how if Srixon has an ad saying a 90mph swing speed won't compress a ZStar XV then that's a manufacturer telling us valuable information but if Titleist says a ProV1x works fine for slow clubhead speeds that's just a manufacturer BS'ing us.

Like the song says, "A man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest".

NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON GOLFWRX

Where Are You Waiting GIF by This GIF Is Haunted

Funny how if a 17-handicapper claims he can't break 90 with a Tour ball but a Bridgestone e6 cures his slice and saves him 5 strokes a round some people would say that's a valid observation. But the same guy says he gets exactly the same results from urethane and Surlyn balls then what the heck does he know anyway?

Or how if Srixon has an ad saying a 90mph swing speed won't compress a ZStar XV then that's a manufacturer telling us valuable information but if Titleist says a ProV1x works fine for slow clubhead speeds that's just a manufacturer BS'ing us.

Like the song says, "A man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest".

Sorry but you're missing the point. The reason every ball performs the same for a 17-handicap is that a 17 isn't consistent enough to notice any difference in performance with any ball. Unless we're talking about the mythical WRX 17 that's a Tour-level ball striker but can't chip or putt.

If every Titleist ball performed exactly the same then the Tour players would all play the same ball. Again it's ridiculous and absolutely cherry-picking Titleist's "statement" to claim that a surlyn-covered distance ball will "perform" the same as a urethane-cover multi-layer Tour ball. Unless you hide behind a vague definition of the word "perform".

Titleist TSR2 11*, Oban Devotion 65 S

Titleist TSR2 16.5*, GD Tour AD BB 7S

Titleist TSR2 21*, Fujikura Speeder Pro TS 84

Titleist TS2 25*, GD Tour AD HY 95S
Titleist T100S, 6-GW, Recoil 110 F4

Miura 52.06, 56.10, 60.09, Recoil Proto 125 F4

Ping PLD Custom Anser 4, 34"/355g

Sorry but you're missing the point. The reason every ball performs the same for a 17-handicap is that a 17 isn't consistent enough to notice any difference in performance with any ball. Unless we're talking about the mythical WRX 17 that's a Tour-level ball striker but can't chip or putt.

100% disagree. ball striking has nothing to do with scoring. heck my nephew is a 25 and he can tell differences between balls.

Of course there are differences among balls. A K-Sig spins way more than a Pinnacle Gold for instance.

I am saying that a ball being "high compression" does not mean ir will perform inferior to an otherwise similar "low compression" ball no matter how low ones clubhead speed.

The whole "compress the ball to reap the benefits" is a completely made-up marketing canard.

Titleist makes Truvis ? I thought Truvis was a version of Callaway's Chrome Soft ?

Regardless, why do you believe Titleist vis-a-vis compression vs. findings by Bridgestone or Srixon ?

Or do you have some independent research that says compression is (more or less) irrelevant ?

Truvis, Trusoft, True 'dat, whatever they call the DT Solo now.

But anyway, I don't believe any of the hype I read on the back of a golf ball box. I believe what I see with my own eyes. Low compression balls do not go any farther, fly any higher or offer any advantage I can see over high compression ones.

That just happens to match up with Titleist's claims but in general Titleist ads are as full of bull as the next company. Just not on that particular score, it seems.

So, no actual research to prove or disprove the effect of golf ball compression on any results.

Just your own purely anecdotal observations.

OK, got it. Thanks.

Of course I'm talking about my own observations. Same as everything else you see on this forum. It's all either someone sharing their own experience, someone trying to sell you something or someone repeating stuff they think they read or heard somewhere.

No problem with expressing your opinion and observations.

But if you're going to spout off with something like I've quoted you saying (above) you might want to have something a bit more concrete than your personal opinion/observation.

Or, at the very least, when making such statements, ensure the reader knows you're expressing your opinion. You know, so as not to mislead.

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 10.5 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Ping G20 5-PW DGS300 Yellow Dot

Ping Glide Pro 48*

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 35*, RED, Black Accra

Callaway Tour TruTrack Yellow

Of course there are differences among balls. A K-Sig spins way more than a Pinnacle Gold for instance.

I am saying that a ball being "high compression" does not mean ir will perform inferior to an otherwise similar "low compression" ball no matter how low ones clubhead speed.

Sheesh.

But that's just the point.

As a 17 your observation that your E6 spins less and therefore curves less and therefore contributes to you scoring better is a valid observation based on your experience AND is backed/supported with science.

As a 17 your saying compression makes no difference is simply not valid nor supported, and in fact is questionable, by science.

Many people simply take at face value that which is stated unequivocally, perhaps especially from one who has what I expect is one of the top 3 "Posts per day" count on the board. Should they do that ? Of course not - but some/many/most(?) DO.

Your first observation is valid, your 2nd is not, and is therefore an opinion and should be declared as such. Even quoting different manufacturers saying opposite things is a valid observation.

Your declaring compression differences are bunk should be clarified to being your opinion,,,,,,, that's ALL I'm saying.

Ping Glide Pro 48*

Brilliant use of quote.

Frank is the man at Wilson and has the answer on low compression for lower SS.

Driver: Cobra F9 with HZRDUS SMOKE Stiff
3W: Titleist 917F2 w/Fujikura Speeder Pro Tour Spec 84 Stiff
2I: Srixon Z U65 18 Degree w/Miyazaki Kaula 7s
Irons: Mizuno MP-54 3-PW DG S300 
Wedge: Vokey TVD 56 K-Grind
Wedge: Vokey SM6 60-12 K-Grind 
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Frank is the man at Wilson and has the answer on low compression for lower SS.

What kind of answer is "It's a myth" ???

He gave NO reason why a higher SS golfer, who isn't supposed to be using a low compression ball, is a "myth".

Ping Glide Pro 48*

Eventually it will be, but considering the interval between the last 4 releases and no change in price...any reasons to believe that it is NOW dead or the price is going up on it this time?

Just curious, makes no difference to me, have plenty.

There is no evidence to suggest it will either return or not return. That's as unknown as an unknown can be.

But there is even less reason to think it will return but at a higher price. That would be extremely uncharacteristic of Costco. They generally source their Kirkland Signature products to a certain target price and stick with it.

Can't imagine why anyone would think Costco will want to get in the "slightly less expensive than ProV1" business where there are already way more companies than the market will bear. They're all about uniquely attractive bargain pricing.

well, I went out to do some chipping, the ball felt ok. First, i am a mid handi , so I am not a checker of the ball all the time, but i have been known to get a ball to bite. This is a 4 piece urethane ball, and for some reason, i had a tough time getting it to sit. it just seemed like it rolled out. Odd, being a four peice urethane, so it was probably was my swing, but anyway i can get a snell to sit a lot...so not sure...hope others can test it and see what they find

Next time anyone is in Costco, ask them to look up the item number. If it still exist in the database, it may still be coming back someday, if not it is 100% DEAD.

They can keep items in the database for future use but pull them off the website when they are not currently available.

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
Callaway V-Series 3 & 5 wood with Aldila Rouge Silver
Srixon 585 5-AW - Modus 105 Stiff
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 53 & 58 Degree
EVNROLL ER5
Srixon XV - Yellow

all the top brands build golf balls for slower swing speeds because of compression differences.....its no secret.....

Titleist claim there is no difference in performance for their low-compression Truvis vs. other Titleist balls. They say it is purely about feel preferences.

Titleist makes Truvis ? I thought Truvis was a version of Callaway's Chrome Soft ?

Regardless, why do you believe Titleist vis-a-vis compression vs. findings by Bridgestone or Srixon ?

Or do you have some independent research that says compression is (more or less) irrelevant ?

Maybe the Truvis and DT are Kirkland over runs?

Titleist TSR3 9° Tensei Pro Blue 60 

Titleist TS3 3w 13.5° HZRDUS Black 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

all the top brands build golf balls for slower swing speeds because of compression differences.....its no secret.....

Titleist claim there is no difference in performance for their low-compression Truvis vs. other Titleist balls. They say it is purely about feel preferences.

bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahaah

giphy.gif

Ping Glide Pro 48*

I posted earlier on this subject. The manager at our COSTCO said it wasn't coming back.....other balls will be there but they have no supply chain with the kirklands....

Local managers were in the dark on the past releases and said pretty much the same thing just before they released new batches...I'm not saying it isn't dead yet...just insufficient info at this point.

If the Costco v Acushnet lawsuit ever shows progression, then maybe we'll find out more about the fate of the KSig.

Total speculation: it might be more financially rewarding to Costco not to have any KSigs on the shelf, hence no recent releases.

Or, maybe they're stockpiling them so they can have a legitimate nationwide distribution, make it a store-only, member-only item, and pick up all the incidental sales that will accompany a 4-dozen ball purchase.

OR, maybe they'll make them free. As an add-on item only. To Kirkland Signature's Forged Irons and Composite Woods (secretly made by Wilson Staff). They'll offer a 1-iron as well.

:)

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

I have been trying to keep up with this thread as it is entertaining and have noticed the following:

1) If you DARE to say the K-Sig is as good as (insert brand here) the "Touring 21 handicapped Pros" will tell you how much better their ball is and proceed to tell you how much better it holds it's trajectory in the wind.

2) If you like the K-Sig better, then your bombarded with suggestions of other balls

3) Dozens of how the ball will never return, one hit wonder, questioning COSTCO's business mode, that one has cracked me up the most!! Questioning an international corporation and posting it on a golf site?

I got 5 dozen, will use them until they are gone and then move on,,,,,

I have been trying to keep up with this thread as it is entertaining and have noticed the following:

1) If you DARE to say the K-Sig is as good as (insert brand here) the "Touring 21 handicapped Pros" will tell you how much better their ball is and proceed to tell you how much better it holds it's trajectory in the wind.

2) If you like the K-Sig better, then your bombarded with suggestions of other balls

3) Dozens of how the ball will never return, one hit wonder, questioning COSTCO's business mode, that one has cracked me up the most!! Questioning an international corporation and posting it on a golf site?

I got 5 dozen, will use them until they are gone and then move on,,,,,

I'm with you on a lot of that, BUT...

Questioning an International Corporation? Yes, Always. As a consumer, absolutely.

Now the specific bits that non-members of Costco have had trouble wrapping their heads around as they perceived Costco basically as walmart/Kmart etc..that was laughable and made this thread so enjoyable to read. Those uninformed questions/challenges, lame...but not because Costco is an International Corporation, because Costco does things in a very specific manner that those who get it, get it.

Or as I observed on one of the single-digit numbered pages of this thread, there are Costco People and there is everyone else. In my entire life prior to this thread I had known one Costco Person (who actually took me along on a shopping trip once) but now I know more about The Costco Way than I ever thought I might.