Kirkland Signature (Costco) golf balls (MERGED) (NO BST POSTS)

Swoff57

Here's what my order history shows on the KSigs...

04/07/16

10/31/16

12/20/16

04/25/17

10/17/17

10/18/17 - yes I'm a ho

04/03/18

04/04/18 - told you I was a ho

Won't post the KTrey order history...

4 months before this legendary thread started and you didn't start your own thread on them?? Sheez

Had a bad experience when I let my friend Justin know about Kate Upton. Like Mrs. Pelz often says, our best conversations are when I shut up.

Ok, so that gets to what I was looking for and these data indicate that the current lack of a K4 offering is not indicative of them being no longer offered. Indications are that it is reasonable to wait until October for them to be offered again. Thanks for for real numbers, much appreciated. I'll continue to bomb my K4s into the woods and lakes at their normal rate. No cutting back for this guy. :golfer:

I have an order of K3's coming in today. I'll test them on my GC2 tonight or tomorrow night. If I can find a K-sig or 2 I will test against it and see what the data shows.

Save yourself some time and just watch the video of the same test up above.

Hmm, was this posted here? I am not seeing it. Granted, the thread is 440 pages long at this point.

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5* w/Kai'Li 70TX
Ping G430 Max 15* w/OG Ventus Blue 7X
Titleist TSR2 7w w/Ventus Red TR 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Bettinardi BB1 w/UST Mamiya All-In Graphite 
Mizuno Copper T22 52, 56, 60 w/MCA MMT 125TX Wedge Shafts
TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

I have an order of K3's coming in today. I'll test them on my GC2 tonight or tomorrow night. If I can find a K-sig or 2 I will test against it and see what the data shows.

Hmm, was this posted here? I am not seeing it. Granted, the thread is 440 pages long at this point.

Yea, last page there was mention of a youtube video by TXG on the subject.

It was mentioned, but no direct link to the video.

Here's the URL:

:)

It was mentioned, but no direct link to the video.

Here's the URL:

:)

Cool thanks. Great video. His game seems similar to mine, so this is a great comparison for me.

TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

Went old school over the weekend and went back to the 4 piece ball for a couple of rounds. Haven't played it in hot temps this year at all. Original thoughts about the ball spinning less still true and it also seemed a touch longer, especially off the driver. Rolled out a bit more on short shots and felt really nice off the putter. Might see a change in the bag for this weekend.

I suppose the real question I have is: I don't get any zip back with any urethane ball I hit. they seem to roll forward or one bounce stop type of thing. that is with any urethane ball I hit. How would (given my extremely shallow swing) would I tell that i'm getting too much spin?

that's 99% of most amateurs. We don't create enough spin to worry about it.

Finally had the time to actually play the K3 along side a ProV1 . Had the little 10 hole course quiet this morning. Really did not see much difference between the two. Both stopped the same with wedges, distance was close to each other.. Putting was great for both. I really like the way both feel of the putter. I felt that if both balls had no markings on them I could not tell which was which.

Big difference ProV1 $48 a dozen K3 $14.50 a dozen

Just ordered 2 dozen MG C4's . When I get a chance after delivery I will try to do a comparison with those as well.

Callaway Paradym X
Callaway Mavrik 3 wood
Callaway Mavrik 5 wood
Callaway Mavrik Irons 

Mavrik hybrids
Odyssey White Hot RX 7 putter

Maxfli tour S

Finally had the time to actually play the K3 along side a ProV1 . Had the little 10 hole course quiet this morning. Really did not see much difference between the two. Both stopped the same with wedges, distance was close to each other.. Putting was great for both. I really like the way both feel of the putter. I felt that if both balls had no markings on them I could not tell which was which.

Just ordered 2 dozen MG C4's . When I get a chance after delivery I will try to do a comparison with those as well.

Try it some time in a 10-15mph breeze.

with such price advantage, people would rather adapt to new balls.

If you decide you won't play in the wind around here, you wouldn't be playing much golf. I didn't find the K3 to be all that bad into the breeze. Maybe a handful of yards? The shorter the club, the more it seemed to affect me. But, pretty reliable in the air once you plan for it. Once it hit the ground though. Especially into the wind, that thing will suck back like you wouldn't believe.

TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

Yeah, there are certainly people who will go cheap no matter what.

But if price is the only thing that matters, shouldn't your review just have said "$14.50 a dozen" and left it at that?

If you decide you won't play in the wind around here, you wouldn't be playing much golf. I didn't find the K3 to be all that bad into the breeze. Maybe a handful of yards? The shorter the club, the more it seemed to affect me. But, pretty reliable in the air once you plan for it. Once it hit the ground though. Especially into the wind, that thing will suck back like you wouldn't believe.

Your mileage and mine seem to have varied. I found it very much affected by any wind at all, on full swing short irons and wedges. Along with the suck-back thing.

My clubhead speed and spin production is so low it's actually quite rare for a ball to balloon into a breeze or suck back enough to matter. Which is why I remark upon the (seems to me) extreme spin of the K3. Here's a list of balls which I've tried and had no issue whatsoever with excess spin:

K-Sig (original 4pc)

ProV1x (any recent version)

ProV1 (any recent version)

AVX

B330 (2014)

TP5 (current version)

Chrome Soft (original version)

TM Lethal

Srixon Z-Star (older model)

Srixon Z-Star XV (older model)

Two others I've tried seem to do the suck-back thing although not necessarily balooning on upwind short irons:

B330S (2014)

Snell MTB Red

But the K3 is by the spin-monster of the bunch. For me.

Yeah, there are certainly people who will go cheap no matter what.

But if price is the only thing that matters, shouldn't your review just have said "$14.50 a dozen" and left it at that?

I don't think there is enough performance differences to necessarily warrant $24 per dozen more. I also don't think this is necessarily the same type of ball as a ProV1 though either. Maybe a Q Star or Project A would be a better comparison? But, I haven't tried those either. This is a great ball for a slower swinging player who could use some additional spin around the green.

TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

Your mileage and mine seem to have varied. I found it very much affected by any wind at all, on full swing short irons and wedges. Along with the suck-back thing.

My clubhead speed and spin production is so low it's actually quite rare for a ball to balloon into a breeze or suck back enough to matter. Which is why I remark upon the (seems to me) extreme spin of the K3. Here's a list of balls which I've tried and had no issue whatsoever with excess spin:

K-Sig (original 4pc)

AVX

B330 (2014)

TP5 (current version)

TM Lethal

Two others I've tried seem to do the suck-back thing although not necessarily balooning on upwind short irons:

B330S (2014)

Snell MTB Red

I can notice it spinning back a lot more and maybe a little higher launch off of the shorter clubs. Any other flight differences have been slight enough that I wouldn't be able to say whether or not it was the ball, or my swing was a little different.

TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

I'm saying this with no knowledge of the inner workings, just an observation. It plays like a lot of urethane "Tour" balls from a decade or so ago. There were a couple of early Callaway models (names like Tour iZ and iS or similar?) that it reminded me of.

Working off those ancient memories I'm not sure the K-3 is quite as spinny as which of those were the super-super-high-spin one. But sort of in the same ballpark, it's what I was reminded of. I remembering having brand-new "JAWS" wedges and using those Callaway balls, I swear I could suck a 15-yard chip shot back off the green!

I'm saying this with no knowledge of the inner workings, just an observation. It plays like a lot of urethane "Tour" balls from a decade or so ago. There were a couple of early Callaway models (names like Tour iZ and iS or similar?) that it reminded me of.

Working off those ancient memories I'm not sure the K-3 is quite as spinny as which of those were the super-super-high-spin one. But sort of in the same ballpark, it's what I was reminded of. I remembering having brand-new "JAWS" wedges and using those Callaway balls, I swear I could suck a 15-yard chip shot back off the green!

For me, it reminds of old Nike tour ball.

Ha, I had one of the Jaws wedges. I remember having to pick out pieces of golf ball cover from the grooves between shots.

TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

K-Sig (original 4pc)

AVX

B330 (2014)

TP5 (current version)

TM Lethal

B330S (2014)

Snell MTB Red

From my experience, MTB Red tops K3. I could go after flags so aggressively with MTB Red instead of factoring roll.

K-Sig (original 4pc)

AVX

B330 (2014)

TP5 (current version)

TM Lethal

B330S (2014)

Snell MTB Red

The way the AVX helps you and the K3 hurts being such high extremes..maybe you are more of a high spin player than you realize?

K-Sig (original 4pc)

AVX

B330 (2014)

TP5 (current version)

TM Lethal

B330S (2014)

Snell MTB Red

The way the AVX helps you and the K3 hurts being such high extremes..maybe you are more of a high spin player than you realize?

I am starting to wonder about that, if I’m honest.

After thinking of myself as being “low speed, low trajectory, no spin” for 20+ years I guess I just take it for granted. But back then I did well to break 100 regularly and now I can flirt with the 80 line once in a while so something must have changed.

Maybe there’s something to these modern clubs and shafts after all...

Who said it wasn't windy.

I have always liked the ProV1, just could never bring myself to pay that much for a golf ball.

Like others have said, it is a good ball at a great price.

Also never been one to play a urethane ball, but as my game has improved it is time to switch to one.

Callaway Paradym X
Callaway Mavrik 3 wood
Callaway Mavrik 5 wood
Callaway Mavrik Irons 

Mavrik hybrids
Odyssey White Hot RX 7 putter

Maxfli tour S

Played a Kirkland ball I found yesterday for most of a round before it found a pond. It was a "Performance +" Is this the K3? I really liked the feel and it did what I wanted when I hit it well. Not a Costco member but I might have to track down some more.

yes that's the K3.

Ping G430 MAX Rogue Silver 60S
915F Rogue Black 80S
915H Rogue Black 85S
ZX Utility 4i Recoil F4 110
Srixon ZX5/ZX7 Nippon Modus 120S
SM6 52.08F | 56.08M | 60.10S
Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 33/350G
restoration on my Mil-Spec

Played a Kirkland ball I found yesterday for most of a round before it found a pond. It was a "Performance +" Is this the K3? I really liked the feel and it did what I wanted when I hit it well. Not a Costco member but I might have to track down some more.

yes that's the K3.

Thanks! Well im off to add more balls to my collection... Played just like CS and V1s and sucks way less to lose them!