Kirkland Signature (Costco) golf balls (MERGED) (NO BST POSTS)

Swoff57

good point other than the prov is so established, but definitely a good view

When evaluating the performance of a product, being established has no relevancy.

If anything that just demonstrates bias of the evaluator.

One reason this thread was such a gem in the first place..when the K-Signature first came out there was a pretty large group of traditionalist that could not get past several things relating to the established bias, like yours:

They assumed that at $15 this ball could not possibly perform

Being a wallmart ball (many perceives Costco as such, having not been to one) it can't possibly be good.

They assumed that cast urethane multi layer balls could only be designed by Titleist and at significant cost. (Everybody does it and it's cheaper than you think-see Snell)

They assumed the the 45 dollars per dozen spent on balls went to the tech/development. Nope-marketing. You give them your money, to convince you to give them your money. (Circular Dumb Tax).

If pros don't play it, must not be good. (See above tax)

There are things in this world where "established" has merits. Not applicable here. When evaluating a new product, it only distorts your honest assessment.

I've been going over the posts from the past few days to try and understand why tsecor is getting razzed here. I didn't see him show any "established bias." He tried what I would imagine is the 3 piece and didn't care for it. At this point, not everyone does. That was the only negative post I could perceive other than him being called dense for not knowing the Ksig timeline.

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5* w/Kai'Li 70TX
Ping G430 Max 15* w/OG Ventus Blue 7X
Titleist TSR2 7w w/Ventus Red TR 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Bettinardi BB1 w/UST Mamiya All-In Graphite 
Mizuno Copper T22 52, 56, 60 w/MCA MMT 125TX Wedge Shafts
TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

While I disagree with your comment on being established, I agree with a lot of what you stated. but like anything else, some say a kia performs as good as a bmw for half the price. its all personal preference. for me, its mostly about feel, no bias towards any one brand Good post though. I definitely agreed with a majority of what you said

When evaluating the performance of a product, being established has no relevancy.

One reason this thread was such a gem in the first place..when the K-Signature first came out there was a pretty large group of traditionalist that could not get past several things relating to the established bias, like yours:

Being a wallmart ball (many perceives Costco as such, having not been to one) it can't possibly be good.

They assumed that cast urethane multi layer balls could only be designed by Titleist and at significant cost. (Everybody does it and it's cheaper than you think-see Snell)

They assumed the the 45 dollars per dozen spent on balls went to the tech/development. Nope-marketing. You give them your money, to convince you to give them your money. (Circular Dumb Tax).

There are things in this world where "established" has merits. Not applicable here. When evaluating a new product, it only distorts your honest assessment.

I've been going over the posts from the past few days to try and understand why tsecor is getting razzed here. I didn't see him show any "established bias." He tried what I would imagine is the 3 piece and didn't care for it. At this point, not everyone does. That was the only negative post I could perceive other than him being called dense for not knowing the Ksig timeline.

He said late 2016 = K-sig original. Said it was the same as any $15 dollar ball

Also brought up "established" as a factor.

He was called dense for asking why if something is good, it got changed.

While I disagree with your comment on being established, I agree with a lot of what you stated. but like anything else, some say a kia performs as good as a bmw for half the price. its all personal preference. for me, its mostly about feel, no bias towards any one brand Good post though. I definitely agreed with a majority of what you said

Well we can ceratinly agree to disagree when it comes to tech and being "established".

Funny you should bring up Kia. There is no Kia that performes as well at 1/2 the price.

However, you may want to read up on the Stinger and how it compares to an equally priced beemer. Especially since Kia stole BMW's M division chief and Audi's design chief, the outcome of which is the stinger..reports by all reviews are glaringly possitive...

Which makes sense. If he wasnt aware of limited availability and saw the KS3 as a KS4 replacement as he mentioned, he would be very right. The consensus is the KS4 is superior. If I was under the impression that it got replaced by the KS3, I'd be confused.

If his most recent experience is the ks3, then I can see how he'd feel that way. 2 years is a long time between trying golf balls.

It just seems everyone is so eager to jump on anyone who may potentially say anything negative about the almighty KSig. I play them, I like them, not everyone will, and I understand that.

I guess it just seemed like he was unjustly getting piled up on.

TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

Seriously.

2 ball types.

Literally all ball manufacturers have multiple types.

gotcha....I thought the latest version was replacing the 4 piece ball for some reason. Thanks. I just looked up reviews of the latest version and it seems the original version is rated much higher by reviewers. I wonder what the future holds for this ball.

It appears that production of the original 4 piece ball is limited. Whether that means that Costco can get X number of boxes of balls every X number of months or if it means that they got one large shipment which they are stretching the distribution (or something else) is unknown. Regardless, we've been seeing those balls become available every 6 months or so and they sell out very quickly.

In April, a second ball, this time a 3 piece, became available. It's $6 cheaper for double dozen. This one hasn't received the same universal acclaim as the original ball. But, for the most part, people seem to be pretty happy with it. There appears to be a more consistent supply of the 3 piece ball.

From what I can tell, the most common "big name" comparisons of the two balls is that the 4 piece ball is comparable to the Titleist Pro V1 and the 3 piece is similar to the Callaway Chrome Soft.

When you are rated on par with ProV1, that means something. If you are saying the 3-piece is comparable to a "tour" ball too means a lot too. The Chrome Soft costs almost as much as the ProV1 and is used by many on the PGA tour is it not?

I'm not claiming from my own experience that the 3 piece is equivalent to a Chrome Soft. I don't play consistently enough to be able to attribute any credit or blame for any of my shots to the golf ball.

I would suggest back tracking in this thread back to April and reading comment of people who feel qualified to compare characteristics of various balls. My recollection of those posts has been that many have compared the 3 piece to the Chrome Soft.

Which makes sense. If he wasnt aware of limited availability and saw the KS3 as a KS4 replacement as he mentioned, he would be very right. The consensus is the KS4 is superior. If I was under the impression that it got replaced by the KS3, I'd be confused.

If his most recent experience is the ks3, then I can see how he'd feel that way. 2 years is a long time between trying golf balls.

It just seems everyone is so eager to jump on anyone who may potentially say anything negative about the almighty KSig. I play them, I like them, not everyone will, and I understand that.

I guess it just seemed like he was unjustly getting piled up on.

I think the points where missed but they may be subtle to some. Original dig was at the K-Sig 4 piece. Then questioned why they changed it if so good. (Uh every OEM has multiple balls and new additions) being in Europe isnt like being on the moon or something. This may be suprising to many Americans but there is internet there. And golf. Running water. Electricity. And freedom/democracy in most places.

I don't jump on people for difference of opinion.

Unless the factors that go into the formulation of the opinion are pre-conceived notions and bias, and blatant to boot. The evidence is there if you read between the lines.

i thought i read one ball REPLACED the other. That's where the confusion came in for me. i didn't know it was an addition to the lineup. im no expert on Kirkland Golf balls, that's for sure.

Also the confusion comes from you stating your opinion about the ball you bought in late 2016, for $15. Which can be no other ball than than the K-sig 4 piece.

The timeline of you knowledge doesn't matter. Your questioning if the original is so good than why did they "replace it".they didn't. Different ball. Another offering all together. 3 piece TPU, VS 4 Piece. You know that as you reportedly purchased/owned both.

Your being aware of the timeline doesn't factor into this at all. It's the nature of you questions that come off quite trollish

i thought i read one ball REPLACED the other. That's where the confusion came in for me. i didn't know it was an addition to the lineup. im no expert on Kirkland Golf balls, that's for sure.

Also the confusion comes from you stating your opinion about the ball you bought in late 2016, for $15. Which can be no other ball than than the K-sig 4 piece.

The timeline of you knowledge doesn't matter. Your questioning if the original is so good than why did they "replace it".they didn't. Different ball. Another offering all together. 3 piece TPU, VS 4 Piece. You know that as you reportedly purchased/owned both.

Your being aware of the timeline doesn't factor into this at all. It's the nature of you questions that come off quite trollish

Do you not see where the fact that the KS4 hasn't been available for some time while the KS3 is available consistently would lead some to believe that it could be a replacement?

I guess I didn't see anything trollish. Maybe some people are just too sensitive.

TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

iThe timeline of you knowledge doesn't matter. Your questioning if the original is so good than why did they "replace it".they didn't. Different ball. Another offering all together. 3 piece TPU, VS 4 Piece. You know that as you reportedly purchased/owned both.

Do you not see where the fact that the KS4 hasn't been available for some time while the KS3 is available consistently would lead some to believe that it could be a replacement?

I guess I didn't see anything trollish. Maybe some people are just too sensitive.

I don't want to cause further confusion here, but it just seemed to me that Tsecor was pretending to be confused to cause confusion for the casual reader who may be confused by the garbled facts of the conversation. I hope that clears it up for everybody. Thanks.

Well we can ceratinly agree to disagree when it comes to tech and being "established".

Funny you should bring up Kia. There is no Kia that performes as well at 1/2 the price.

However, you may want to read up on the Stinger and how it compares to an equally priced beemer. Especially since Kia stole BMW's M division chief and Audi's design chief, the outcome of which is the stinger..reports by all reviews are glaringly possitive...

Stinger GT2 owner here. Car is awesome. Pricing is a bonus.

Titleist TSR4 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

from what the ksig experts have stated, there are only 2 balls. but is the 4piece available now?

4 piece, Aka the original Ksig, has been available sporadically in the last 18 months or so. Almost 2 years now actually. It's been the same ball every time per the side markings which have not changed iirc.

Titleist TSR4 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

the above statements are incorrect.

it wasnt hijacked. while i was overseas, a younger family member asked to use my account. i let him. he caused strife, and "trolled" a lot I guess. still trying to figure out the extent. still apologizing for those antics. that's the short version. that's no longer an issue. so once again I apologize to anyone who was offended. my account is my responsibility so im trying to make things better.

now u know, so hopefully we can move onward and upward. its been addressed here at wrx with the mods, so that's all ill say publicly about it. if u have any questions, feel free to PM me.

if its ok with u guys, can we get back on topic. ?

from what the ksig experts have stated, there are only 2 balls. but is the 4piece available now?

lol!

And I'm the one being called a troll. :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

the above statements are incorrect.

it wasnt hijacked. while i was overseas, a younger family member asked to use my account. i let him. he caused strife, and "trolled" a lot I guess. still trying to figure out the extent. still apologizing for those antics. that's the short version. that's no longer an issue. so once again I apologize to anyone who was offended. my account is my responsibility so im trying to make things better.

now u know, so hopefully we can move onward and upward. its been addressed here at wrx with the mods, so that's all ill say publicly about it. if u have any questions, feel free to PM me.

if its ok with u guys, can we get back on topic. ?

No way, this is too much fun.

The KSIG has been available recently in stores so it's not done , just still being slowly dished out. The aftermarket value is now to the point there is no margin for the flippers.

What that means is if they get more batches they won't be swooped up like past releases. Also the Srixon deal would also keep the horders on the sideline for now.

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
Callaway V-Series 3 & 5 wood with Aldila Rouge Silver
Srixon 585 5-AW - Modus 105 Stiff
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 53 & 58 Degree
EVNROLL ER5
Srixon XV - Yellow

The KSIG has been available recently in stores so it's not done , just still being slowly dished out. The aftermarket value is now to the point there is no margin for the flippers.

What that means is if they get more batches they won't be swooped up like past releases. Also the Srixon deal would also keep the horders on the sideline for now.

A quick check on the Bay just revealed that the volume of listings for the Kirkland ball is down to what I will guess is about 20% of a year ago...The availability of the new 3 piece on a regular basis online is one factor and I think that the novelty of the original Ksig is wearing thin with so many in the wild or sitting in closets (mine included).

Peak Ksig has passed....

Stinger GT2 owner here. Car is awesome. Pricing is a bonus.

Very smart choice of car. What color?

Almost see the Stinger as the K-sig of cars!

Below is a very impressive list of Costco store openings this summer. Anyone know if the stores in June had the Ksig for sale?

I will be at the PFLUGERVILLE, TX (July 26th) store opening and will let everyone know if they were/are available. Hopefully the trend of being at new store openings will continue.

MINNEAPOLIS, MN (BUSINESS CENTER) June 2018

EASTVALE, CA June 2018

UKIAH, CA July 2018

N SPOKANE, WA July 2018

THORNCLIFFE PARK, ON July 2018

MCKINNEY, TX July 2018

PFLUGERVILLE, TX July 2018

MT PLEASANT, SC August 2018

WOODSTOCK, GA August 2018

NISKU, AB August 2018

VILLAHERMOSA, MX August 2018

EPPING, AUS August 2018

OWINGS MILLS, MD September 2018

ELK GROVE, CA September 2018

Tour Edge Exotics C721 driver, Integra 45g L flex shaft
BombTech 2 HW 16*

BombTech 5 W
TM Sim2 19* hybrid
Maltby KE4 Max 5 - PW, Recoil Dart 65 A flex shaft
Maltby TSW-KRM 50*/54* wedges, Recoil 75 R flex/spinner shaft
Bettinardi Studio Stock #5 putter

FWIW, a friend I was playing with a couple of weeks ago was playing one of the KSIGS - top of this list with the bullet point on both sides and the + on the right. Conforming Ball List

I don't know a KS3 from a KS4 but I asked him for one of them. He's ex-Army so I swapped him a RW&B Truvis for it.

Played the back 9 twice with the ball and played pretty well. Ball didn't do anything noticeably great but didn't fail at anything either. Not the best feeling ball of the driver irons or chipping but performance was good in all 3 areas.

If I had to choose, price no object, I wouldn't play it.

But bang for the buck ? I'd give it a 9.5 out of 10 (I don't give 10s LOL).

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X