Kirkland Signature (Costco) golf balls (MERGED) (NO BST POSTS)

Swoff57

that's cool. is that the last version or the current? cant beat the price, that's for sure

There are two.

A 4 piece cast urethane that has been repeatedly released from its debut. It has no weakness by 95 percent of those who try it. All tests show the same thing. Low spin off driver. High spin off wedge. Pretty much ideal, unless you don't like the feel off putter or wedge. That's subjective. 15 per doz.

Then there is the 3 piece TPU ball at 13 per dozen. Reviews are mostly good. Softer ball than the rest piece obviously. Not quite the same consensus on performance as the first one. 13.50 per dozen.

Finally played my K3 the other day. I like it a little better then the original, softer feel. As long as they stay available I think I have found my new ball !!!

Costco has got to get them in stores, No Shipping!!

Callaway Paradym X
Callaway Mavrik 3 wood
Callaway Mavrik 5 wood
Callaway Mavrik Irons 

Mavrik hybrids
Odyssey White Hot RX 7 putter

Maxfli tour S

I wonder why they changed them if so many people loved them?

Are you dense or purposefully obtuse?

excuse me?

Don't feed the troll, looks like he's up to the same antics which got him booted in the first place.

No sir. Unfortunately this isn't the place to talk about the past, but If you were offended in the past. I apologize to you.

excuse me?

Don't feed the troll, looks like he's up to the same antics which got him booted in the first place.

No sir. Unfortunately this isn't the place to talk about the past, but If you were offended in the past. I apologize to you.

Seriously.

2 ball types.

Literally all ball manufacturers have multiple types.

Seriously.

2 ball types.

gotcha....I thought the latest version was replacing the 4 piece ball for some reason. Thanks. I just looked up reviews of the latest version and it seems the original version is rated much higher by reviewers. I wonder what the future holds for this ball.

Seriously.

2 ball types.

gotcha....I thought the latest version was replacing the 4 piece ball for some reason. Thanks. I just looked up reviews of the latest version and it seems the original version is rated much higher by reviewers. I wonder what the future holds for this ball.

No one technically knows what's going on. For the most part it appears the 3 piece has replaced the 4 piece as they are practically impossible to get. What you may have missed is the previous news of the legal battle between Costco and Titleist (Acushnet) over patent infringement. That's when the 4 piece initially disappeared and coincidentally came back as a 3 piece.

That's my CliffsNotes version, I'm sure plenty of people on here will correct me or give some better explanation. Not going to argue with anyone, that's just my abbreviated opinion.

Seriously.

2 ball types.

No one technically knows what's going on. For the most part it appears the 3 piece has replaced the 4 piece as they are practically impossible to get. What you may have missed is the previous news of the legal battle between Costco and Titleist (Acushnet) over patent infringement. That's when the 4 piece initially disappeared and coincidentally came back as a 3 piece.

That's my CliffsNotes version, I'm sure plenty of people on here will correct me or give some better explanation. Not going to argue with anyone, that's just my abbreviated opinion.

Interesting. I just googled this subject and saw there is no real update. Trial in 2019? here is the source

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/the-messy-legal-tilt-between-titleist-and-costco-isnt-likely-to-go-to-trial-in-2017-or-in-2018-either

Then I saw a quick blurb from "Seeking Alpha" (not sure who they are) which stated both companies asked to settle out of court in the next 8 weeks....

Sure you should have ended that post with a 'peace out'? ;)

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

Seriously.

2 ball types.

It appears that production of the original 4 piece ball is limited. Whether that means that Costco can get X number of boxes of balls every X number of months or if it means that they got one large shipment which they are stretching the distribution (or something else) is unknown. Regardless, we've been seeing those balls become available every 6 months or so and they sell out very quickly.

In April, a second ball, this time a 3 piece, became available. It's $6 cheaper for double dozen. This one hasn't received the same universal acclaim as the original ball. But, for the most part, people seem to be pretty happy with it. There appears to be a more consistent supply of the 3 piece ball.

From what I can tell, the most common "big name" comparisons of the two balls is that the 4 piece ball is comparable to the Titleist Pro V1 and the 3 piece is similar to the Callaway Chrome Soft.

You win the internet today!!!! well done sir!!!

Driver: PING G425 LST/Callaway Epic Speed LS
3 wood: Taylormade mini 300
2 Hybrid Callaway Maverick

4 Hybrid Taylormade Superfast

5-UW: Ping i210
Maltby TSW sand wedge

Odyssey OG 2 Ball stroke lab
Titleist ProV1 left dash/Snell MTB-X/Vice Pro Plus

Seriously.

2 ball types.

It appears that production of the original 4 piece ball is limited. Whether that means that Costco can get X number of boxes of balls every X number of months or if it means that they got one large shipment which they are stretching the distribution (or something else) is unknown. Regardless, we've been seeing those balls become available every 6 months or so and they sell out very quickly.

In April, a second ball, this time a 3 piece, became available. It's $6 cheaper for double dozen. This one hasn't received the same universal acclaim as the original ball. But, for the most part, people seem to be pretty happy with it. There appears to be a more consistent supply of the 3 piece ball.

From what I can tell, the most common "big name" comparisons of the two balls is that the 4 piece ball is comparable to the Titleist Pro V1 and the 3 piece is similar to the Callaway Chrome Soft.

I finally got a chance to play the K-Sig a few weeks ago and agree that the ball is alot like the Chrome Soft for me anyway. I liked the ball alot and even gave my golfing buddy a sleeve and he liked them alot to. He normally plays the ProV's. I would have no problem replacing the Chrome Soft with the K-Sig full time except for the fact that they don't seem to carry them in the store anymore and even out online now and that I only have like a couple sleeves left so I could play them for awhile anyway! :)

You win the internet today!!!! well done sir!!!

Some people just don't know jokes when they see them.

As far as being banned......I haven't been suspended in years. I've just been too busy to troll for the last year or so. lol

Seriously.

2 ball types.

I finally got a chance to play the K-Sig a few weeks ago and agree that the ball is alot like the Chrome Soft for me anyway. I liked the ball alot and even gave my golfing buddy a sleeve and he liked them alot to. He normally plays the ProV's. I would have no problem replacing the Chrome Soft with the K-Sig full time except for the fact that they don't seem to carry them in the store anymore and even out online now and that I only have like a couple sleeves left so I could play them for awhile anyway! :)

The 3 piece, which is the one that people compare to the Chrome Soft is currently available online.

The key to the Kirkland balls is to jump on them when they are available and build up a supply of th so that you don't run out. I bought as many as I could the first few times that they were available. Right now, I have enough to get through the end of the year (if not the end of next year). So, I've stopped stocking up on them for now.

Seriously.

2 ball types.

The 3 piece, which is the one that people compare to the Chrome Soft is currently available online.

The key to the Kirkland balls is to jump on them when they are available and build up a supply of th so that you don't run out. I bought as many as I could the first few times that they were available. Right now, I have enough to get through the end of the year (if not the end of next year). So, I've stopped stocking up on them for now.

I haven't played the 3 piece one but would be surprised if it compares to the Chrome Soft being it is a 4 piece ball. I think the K-Sig and Chrome Soft is similar though! :)

I need to find someone that will send/sell/trade me a sleeve of the K3's so I can try before I stock up on them! I have Z-Star's yellow, Z-Star's XV yellow and Q-Star Tour's to trade. My CS's are not new in sleeves but I have some yellow ones.

I wasn't too impressed with the KS3 initially. Much preferred the KS4. But, I grabbed one out of the bag yesterday by mistake. Noticed it was the KS3 on the first green. Instead of putting it back in favor of the OG, I decided to play with it.

I have changed my mind on this ball. For me and my game it is every bit of a performer as the KS4. I hit some absolute bombs off the tee with it. I was backing up my approach shots and my chips were really biting when I needed them to. The only complaint for me now is the fact that they are so soft off the putter.

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5* w/Kai'Li 70TX
Ping G430 Max 15* w/OG Ventus Blue 7X
Titleist TSR2 7w w/Ventus Red TR 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Bettinardi BB1 w/UST Mamiya All-In Graphite 
Mizuno Copper T22 52, 56, 60 w/MCA MMT 125TX Wedge Shafts
TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

I love the Chrome Soft and did not find the K3 to be as similar as claimed.

I have been cutting many balls open and the K3 seems to have a thicker cover and while soft, doesn't feel as soft as the CS.

It could be all mental though I guess.

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
Callaway V-Series 3 & 5 wood with Aldila Rouge Silver
Srixon 585 5-AW - Modus 105 Stiff
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 53 & 58 Degree
EVNROLL ER5
Srixon XV - Yellow

Yeah. I also wonder why titleist keeps changing the ProV every year or so. And why do they have all those other options.

Titleist updates their golf ball lines every two years. Some OEM ball manufacturers have updated their golf balls every year. Every OEM ball manufacturer has balls on the USGA conforming list that never see the light of day at retail. It's not just Titleist as some here seem to think/believe. Review the USGA conforming ball list for all of the top OEM ball manufacturers. Now go and try to find all of those different balls (delineated by their side stamps) at retail.

When manufacturers prototype a new version of the ball it lands on the conforming ball list so it can be tested/played in competition. FWIW many people here love Snell golf balls. For 2018 they have two new versions of their MTB available. Why is that?

There is an OEM that produced a great golf ball that they claimed was the ball that changed the ball forever. It's on its third iteration now with multiple versions available at retail. Why? They claim it's even better. Every manufacturer is trying to improve their previous product. Golf balls or not. If they didn't people would complain about that just as they complain about changes that are made.

Seriously.

2 ball types.

When you are rated on par with ProV1, that means something. If you are saying the 3-piece is comparable to a "tour" ball too means a lot too. The Chrome Soft costs almost as much as the ProV1 and is used by many on the PGA tour is it not?

good point other than the prov is so established, but definitely a good view

When evaluating the performance of a product, being established has no relevancy.

If anything that just demonstrates bias of the evaluator.

One reason this thread was such a gem in the first place..when the K-Signature first came out there was a pretty large group of traditionalist that could not get past several things relating to the established bias, like yours:

They assumed that at $15 this ball could not possibly perform

Being a wallmart ball (many perceives Costco as such, having not been to one) it can't possibly be good.

They assumed that cast urethane multi layer balls could only be designed by Titleist and at significant cost. (Everybody does it and it's cheaper than you think-see Snell)

They assumed the the 45 dollars per dozen spent on balls went to the tech/development. Nope-marketing. You give them your money, to convince you to give them your money. (Circular Dumb Tax).

If pros don't play it, must not be good. (See above tax)

There are things in this world where "established" has merits. Not applicable here. When evaluating a new product, it only distorts your honest assessment.