Kirkland Signature (Costco) golf balls (MERGED) (NO BST POSTS)

Swoff57

i wouldn't mind if it was the end. i have 6 dozen unopened boxes that i am not going to play unless i need to. the end means the price goes up, and it would be worth me actually putting some effort to sell them. otherwise, they may just end up in a shag bag as practice balls.

mine have resulted to practice balls as well

I'm going to go so far as to say that I think this ball is severely overrated, even at its price point. Wish I didn't have a bunch still.

Not everyone has to like it, but a lot of people do...I'm sure you could find a home for the bunch you still have if you tried...

i wouldn't mind if it was the end. i have 6 dozen unopened boxes that i am not going to play unless i need to. the end means the price goes up, and it would be worth me actually putting some effort to sell them. otherwise, they may just end up in a shag bag as practice balls.

I'm going to go so far as to say that I think this ball is severely overrated, even at its price point. Wish I didn't have a bunch still.

I will be happy to pay you the original cost plus shipping for the bunch of balls you still have.

Yoda, is that you?

Driver: PING G425 LST/Callaway Epic Speed LS
3 wood: Taylormade mini 300
2 Hybrid Callaway Maverick

4 Hybrid Taylormade Superfast

5-UW: Ping i210
Maltby TSW sand wedge

Odyssey OG 2 Ball stroke lab
Titleist ProV1 left dash/Snell MTB-X/Vice Pro Plus

The K3 is overrated at $12 a dozen or the KSig is overrated at $15 a dozen? Which balls at those price points are better? Enquiring minds want to know.

$15/dozen urethane ball overrated...oh, ok

$15/dozen urethane ball overrated...oh, ok

not just overrated... severely overrated

I'm with him. they're SEVERLY overrated. Stop buying them everyone (maybe they'll always be available for people who want to play them and not just flip...oops did I just say that??)

Driver: Cobra F9 with HZRDUS SMOKE Stiff
3W: Titleist 917F2 w/Fujikura Speeder Pro Tour Spec 84 Stiff
2I: Srixon Z U65 18 Degree w/Miyazaki Kaula 7s
Irons: Mizuno MP-54 3-PW DG S300 
Wedge: Vokey TVD 56 K-Grind
Wedge: Vokey SM6 60-12 K-Grind 
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Man how good were tv shows back then. Between Sanford & Son and Archie Bunker, there's not much better. Sorry for OT. Had to

Well I think I'm in the exception on these golf balls. Picked up "a few" when they were on sale before and tested them out this spring. I had been playing the Chrome Soft for the past two seasons. While this is a great ball for the money....For me.....The Chrome Soft beats it in every way. The Chrome Soft is longer off the tee by noticeable amount and has a ton more spin off the irons and wedges. The K-Sig wins in the durability category but that is it for me. It was a fun experiment, but it is over now.

Just wanted to share my experience.

Assuming you are referring to the 3 piece Ksig? I am not the biggest fan of it. A fine ball for the money, but I do have quite a few others I'd pay more to play.

Nope, the 4 piece. Just does not do what I want my golf ball to do.

Well I think I'm in the exception on these golf balls. Picked up "a few" when they were on sale before and tested them out this spring. I had been playing the Chrome Soft for the past two seasons. While this is a great ball for the money....For me.....The Chrome Soft beats it in every way. The Chrome Soft is longer off the tee by noticeable amount and has a ton more spin off the irons and wedges. The K-Sig wins in the durability category but that is it for me. It was a fun experiment, but it is over now.

Just wanted to share my experience.

Assuming you are referring to the 3 piece Ksig? I am not the biggest fan of it. A fine ball for the money, but I do have quite a few others I'd pay more to play.

Nope, the 4 piece. Just does not do what I want my golf ball to do.

I get it. Everyone has different preferences. I am a bit surprised you found the Ksig to be more durable than the Chrome Soft. I haven't played the newest version, but the first two revisions seemed to be indestructible. My biggest issue with the Ksig is that I don't think it is as durable as other urethane balls.

I have a decent stash of them and have been playing fairly well, so I am not going through too many. I think I will start switching back to Zstars once I get into mid-season and play in a few tournaments. The Ksig is great, but I do prefer the Zstar to pretty much anything else.

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5* w/Kai'Li 70TX
Ping G430 Max 15* w/OG Ventus Blue 7X
Titleist TSR2 7w w/Ventus Red TR 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Bettinardi BB1 w/UST Mamiya All-In Graphite 
Mizuno Copper T22 52, 56, 60 w/MCA MMT 125TX Wedge Shafts
TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

a buddy of mine reposted this in another thread. i had forgotten the incredible amount of gold that is in this video. if you haven't seen this before, please enjoy.

*closed captions ON *

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

Funny outside the real real real real golf enthusiast few know about this ball....... At least here in Canada. Got my 4 dozen last time on line and sent to a US address and then finally picked them up last week.

Bragging and explaining the ball and get blank stares. Gave a sleeve to one playing partner and another to neighbour who plays a lot too (both 5-7 HC's) and probably will appreciate them more. They never heard of it.

I think our Club's GM wasn't thrilled when I told him I bought them (ex PGA player).

Still on my first ball after 67 holes and seems like a great ball.

At the point where spoiled and only play premium balls but frankly not good enough to truly understand the differences.

Funny outside the real real real real golf enthusiast few know about this ball....... At least here in Canada. Got my 4 dozen last time on line and sent to a US address and then finally picked them up last week.

Bragging and explaining the ball and get blank stares. Gave a sleeve to one playing partner and another to neighbour who plays a lot too (both 5-7 HC's) and probably will appreciate them more. They never heard of it.

I think our Club's GM wasn't thrilled when I told him I bought them (ex PGA player).

At the point where spoiled and only play premium balls but frankly not good enough to truly understand the differences.

I always hate trying to brag but having to stop and explain why it’s something worth bragging about. Kind of ruins the fun.

I always hate trying to brag but having to stop and explain why it’s something worth bragging about. Kind of ruins the fun.

Bad choice of words. Just was talking about the ball and the hype and surprised people hadn't heard about it.

When the original KSig finally goes EOL and out of stock for the last time, I imagine for many of you it will be like the Seinfeld scene with Kramer when the Kenny Rogers' Roasters neon light goes out. "KSig? KSig? KSig!!!???"

I think the most reasonable explanation for all of this is that, for whatever reason (legal, patents, manufacturer refusal to produce more, etc.), Costco has all of the original KSig balls that were ever produced, and is doling them out a few at a time online and in select stores to keep the "hype" (such as it is) going as long as possible until ultimately the new, lesser K3 is the only Kirkland ball left. Many in this thread will claim I have no proof or facts, but then neither do they.

I have played the ball. I bought 4 dozen when they were available to non-Costco members online last year. I sold 2 dozen to defray the cost of the four, gave one sleeve to a guy at my club, and have played a few sleeves myself, with 1 dozen still left NIB. They are fine - they don't seem as durable as the Pro V1x I played last year, but the performance isn't noticeably worse. This year I've switched to the new Bridgestone Tour B X ball, which I like better than both the Pro V1X and the KSig.

Why do people think K-Sig fans don't think this ball will eventually go away?...Just like any other product, its time will come...We know it, we just don't want it to happen...When doomsday does hit, I'll take comfort in knowing I have 20 dz K-Sigs stored next to my $6,000 Costco emergency food supply kit...My only regret, the kit doesn't included chicken pot pie...

I for one dont think they are at the end of supply or in any danger of being at the end of supply...Rumors of their demise crop up every time a dump onto the market gets gobbled up and they come back stronger more often every year to purchase online.

The added bonus in 2018? The Ksig3

if thats true...produce them and sell them all the time...enough of the marketing game, having to guess when they will be online for those that really like them, the 4 piece that is...its ridiculous

You still do not understand the Costco business model and how the limited releases has only helped them.

Which is quite possibly where the disconnect was with Mr Snell. He was likely using a business model where you try to sell as many as you can- all at a profit. There have probably been a lot of folks that made multiple trips to their local Costco hoping the balls would be there. While there of course they bought some of DP's wine and filled the cart with other items as well. As many of the Costco aficionados on this long thread have noted it is quite possible that Costco is not making any profit off the ball itself but using it to drive unadvertised traffic.

Titleist TSR4 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

My buddy went back to the Palm Desert Costco to get some more and the 4 piece balls were gone. They didn’t last very long.

Ping G400 Max Ventus Blue TR

Ping G425 Tensi Orange 3W

Ping G30 5W Tensi Orange 5W

Ping G425 Hybrid Tensi Orange 4H

Ping G425 5-S Recoil 780 ES Smacwrap F4

Ping Glide LW

Bettinardi Studio 28cs

I bet 99% of those who say this ball does not perform to their "standards" or that is does not "feel" the same as (insert brand here) would not be able to tell the difference between this ball and 3 other brands in a blind test.

Furthermore, if they were given these, unbranded and told that these were the new tour prototype of their current brand, they would be screaming like teenagers at a boy band concert saying it was the best ball they ever played.

Just played a round with the 4 piece again, been going back and forth between the 3 and 4 piece. So far have hit my longest drives of the year with the 3 piece, and started wondering if it's longer than the 4. Driver was spot on, and was averaging around 310 with the driver, but hit a monster about 345, so my doubts about the 4 piece being as long were put to rest. Taking mid irons into par 5's and having them check up with this ball is quite a confidence booster.

We caught up to a couple of guys, good golfers and pretty big hitters. We played the last 5 holes with them, and one guy was playing ProV1's. I was outdriving him by a good yards, and when he drove up to my ball once, he said, "you playing a Kirkland, what's that?" I told him what they were, and he couldn't believe how cheap they sell them. I gave him a ball to try out, and he played the last few holes with it, and told me he felt no difference between that and the ProV1, and I said neither do I!!

Driver: PING G425 LST/Callaway Epic Speed LS
3 wood: Taylormade mini 300
2 Hybrid Callaway Maverick

4 Hybrid Taylormade Superfast

5-UW: Ping i210
Maltby TSW sand wedge

Odyssey OG 2 Ball stroke lab
Titleist ProV1 left dash/Snell MTB-X/Vice Pro Plus

The 3 piece ball really sucks IMO. Hard as a rock to me and basically like a lower tier DT solo or something.

Loved the 4 piece. What a shame.

2017 M1 440 9.5* - Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
TM M3 3 wood - 14.25* - Tensei Pro White 80TX
Srixon u45 DI - 19* - Tensei Pro White Hybrid 100TX
Mizuno mp18 4-PW - Nippon Modus3 120x
Hogan TK wedges - 50*, 54*, 58* - Nippon Modus3 120x
Ping Anser OG
Snell MTB Black

My experience as a k4 worshipper was much different when I tried the k3. I was prepared to not like it....watch it not spin...but found it to be different but very comparable to the k4. Feels softer than the k4 for sure which I like. Short chips and pitches definitely checkked up about equal. Making a good strike with shorter shots is so important in controlling spin. I am a 3 handicap at this point and still think most balls (k3 or 4) that don’t spin well have more to do with where on the club face I contacted the ball. Playing partners confirmed some pretty substantial spin on the k3 with chips/pitches around the green.

The shiny cover of the k3 is...well...shiny and not my favorite but not a deal breaker to me. No difference with longer shots distance or control wise. So if the k4 has never been made I would probably been pretty happy with the k3. Someone previously compared it to the chrome soft and I tend to agree though I have only played with chrome softs when I find them.

17 more boxes of k4s and maybe I will then play the k3.

I have vowed not to hoard anymore balls...we shall see

i put the KTrés in play on sunday. had my first round of the year with 3 birdies. 12 one putts. lowest round of the year for me (76) on a decidedly tough track.

i really hate how the ball doesn't show tree or scuff marks. why would they make these so damn durable? stupid costco.

this ball is garbage, no one should ever buy it.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5