Kirkland Signature (Costco) golf balls (MERGED) (NO BST POSTS)

Swoff57

Let me ask a question here....Everytime Im in Costco for probably the past year or so I've looked for these and have never seen them in a store...do they just not make it to the stores?

they barley make it online let alone in any stores.

Ping G430 MAX Rogue Silver 60S
915F Rogue Black 80S
915H Rogue Black 85S
ZX Utility 4i Recoil F4 110
Srixon ZX5/ZX7 Nippon Modus 120S
SM6 52.08F | 56.08M | 60.10S
Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 33/350G
restoration on my Mil-Spec

The Costco that just opened 2 weeks ago in McKinney, TX has had the 3 piece urethane ball in stock. They have them on a pallet at the front of the store and seem to be selling well. I picked up two boxes with each box containing 2 dozen golf balls and I saw four other people pick them up in the short time I was in the store.

TXG on youtube with a comparison of the 2 balls. As everyone knew, but the incredulous or the trolls or the TT fanbois, those are very god balls for two different kind of players. If I was the guy who really need high spin, I would be all over K3. But i am very happy with the K4s.

Cobra F9, 8 Hzrdus Yellow
Tee CBX119 13, Tee EX10 Beta 18. Hzrdus Yellow
M2 Hy, 22 with AD DI 85S
M2 Hy, 25 with S+ 90S
P790 6-AW, Nippon 105S
Mizuno 56/14, 60/07
Scotty Cameron Mil Spec 350 Black Oxide
Titleist -ProV1 balls

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1152161-linkerpans-wtib-2015-edition/"]WITB Link[/url]

TXG on youtube with a comparison of the 2 balls. As everyone knew, but the incredulous or the trolls or the TT fanbois, those are very god balls for two different kind of players. If I was the guy who really need high spin, I would be all over K3. But i am very happy with the K4s.

Yeah, I saw that video today. Makes sense why I like the K3s so much since I am a low spin player.

Ping G400 Max @9.9* (Alta CB 55 Stiff)

Titleist TSi2 4 wood @16.5* (Tensei AV Blue RAW 65 Stiff)

Ping G410 7 wood @19.5(Tensei AV Blue 65 Stiff)

Ping G410 4 Hybrid @23* (Alta CB 70 Stiff)

Ping G410 5 Hybrid @26* (Alta CB 70 Stiff)

Srixon ZX5 6-AW (Nippon Modus 105 Stiff)

Callaway MD5 Tour Grey W-Grind 54* & X-Grind 58*  (DG S200)

Odyssey 2-Ball Ten Arm Lock Putter (Odyssey Armlock Steel 40")

Srixon Z-Star

JMX XS Ultralite Grips

That TXG video really explains the feel I got off the K3. I found them to be a few yards shorter than I was used to with what seemed like a higher ball flight of my irons. If I was spinning them significantly more, that would explain what I saw. I don't think I love them. They seem slightly clicky to me off wedges and the putter. But off full swings and off the driver they are feel great. At worst, they're a cheap tour quality ball to use for chipping and pitching practice and to keep in my bag for holes with scary OB or water hazards.

That TXG video really explains the feel I got off the K3. I found them to be a few yards shorter than I was used to with what seemed like a higher ball flight of my irons. If I was spinning them significantly more, that would explain what I saw. I don't think I love them. They seem slightly clicky to me off wedges and the putter. But off full swings and off the driver they are feel great. At worst, they're a cheap tour quality ball to use for chipping and pitching practice and to keep in my bag for holes with scary OB or water hazards.

I think K3 is a pretty good value for money IF you only have about a dollar a ball to spend.

But that's not to say it's a pretty good ball. In my opinion it's far inferior to almost all of the most popular Urethane ball models and brands.

If K3 cost 25 bucks a dozen nobody would choose it except the rare person who just wants literally as much spin as humanly possible on every shot.

I played the K3 on Monday. Plenty of spin for me. I backed it up 4 and10 feet on a couple of wedge shots on back to front sloping greens. On flat greens the ball ended up right next to the ball mark. I noticed on one of those that the ball skipped a few feet past the ball mark and came back to it. It is very hot and dry so the greens are getting lots of water and leaving ball marks. The softer greens make a big difference in how the ball backs up.

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

It's been a decade or longer since I played a ball with enough spin to upshoot and come up short on short iron shots, even with my puny swing. Kind of blast from the past.

Seems like back in the mid-late 00's if I wanted to use a urethane ball I had to try out. Some had too much spin for me to control, some were good and some didn't spin quite enough with my swing. For a decade or so now every urethane ball I try seems to fall somewhere in the OK middle ground...except the K3.

Among recent balls I've used, ProV1x and B330S have as much spin as I'd ever want or need. Even much lower spin balls like AVX are sufficient for my needs. K3 definitely spins more than ProV1x/B330S and reminded me a little of some of those really spinny Callaway balls like the Tour iZ or whatever they called it circa 2006.

I think K3 is a pretty good value for money IF you only have about a dollar a ball to spend.

But that's not to say it's a pretty good ball. In my opinion it's far inferior to almost all of the most popular Urethane ball models and brands.

If K3 cost 25 bucks a dozen nobody would choose it except the rare person who just wants literally as much spin as humanly possible on every shot.

I'm not sure that it's that much inferior to something like the Q-Star Tour, Duo Urethane, or Project(a). I wouldn't choose the ball over any of the more expensive tour balls (if price wasn't a concern), but I could make a case for playing it instead of any of those. I'm not sure I'd be able to pick it out blind against the Q-Star Tour.

I suppose the real question I have is: I don't get any zip back with any urethane ball I hit. they seem to roll forward or one bounce stop type of thing. that is with any urethane ball I hit. How would (given my extremely shallow swing) would I tell that i'm getting too much spin?

I suspected the K3 was perhaps spinning more than needed but wasn't sure. So I took a K3, K-Sig and AVX out on a day with a steady 10mph breeze and hit the three side-by-side on course, trying various full wedge to short iron distances. Downwind the three were similar. In a crosswind the AVX stayed straightest, K-Sig nearly the same, K3 blown all over the place.

But into the wind, no contest. The K3 was about 3-4 yards shorter than the other on normal shots but into as little as 10mph of wind it came up literally 10-15 yards shorter than AVX and also hung in the air forever on a very, very high trajectory.

That plus the fact that it was the only one of the three balls to suck back from the fringe of a green down into the fairway during my testing session convinced me it spins more than any recent ball with which I'm familiar.

P.S. I only tried this sort of test with those three balls. It took HOURS alone on an nearly empty course. Without careful comparison I'd have just had a vague sense that the K3 was disappointing with too high a flight and too little distance. But hard to be sure unless you try it side by side with a familiar ball.

good insight. thanks north butte. i'll have to pay attention and try this all out next time i'm solo on a nearly empty course. my swing is pretty shallow, I rarely take divots, and I hit a high ball - maybe for a different thread, but if spin is affecting the height of the ball and the distance, then it might be the spin of the k3.

thank for the education north butte. helps a lot.

good insight. thanks north butte. i'll have to pay attention and try this all out next time i'm solo on a nearly empty course.

For what it's worth, on the last hole of that round I was tired of testing so I just teed up K3 and played it. Caught a short, downhill Par 5 playing downwind and got it to the fringe in two (I've only ever reached fewer than a dozen Par 5's in two in my life). If that putt from the fringe had found the hole for eagle I'd probably have went out and both four dozen K3, too much spin or not!

Was just wondering, does anyone kow what the longest period has been between K4 releases ?

The last two were so close together it just smelled like a (shudder) "Final Clearout" to me.

Now it seems like a really long time since the last release.

Anyone have a handle on the K4 release interval history ?

Thanks in advance.

Someone claimed they were in the know said earlier this year K-Sig was only going to be released twice a year. If true, expect a fall Oct/Nov release.

Someone who knows the real story of how the Ksig came to be said they would never be seen again after the first release a few years ago.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

Here's what my order history shows on the KSigs...

04/07/16

10/31/16

12/20/16

04/25/17

10/17/17

10/18/17 - yes I'm a ho

04/03/18

04/04/18 - told you I was a ho

Won't post the KTrey order history...

How were you able to get them before they were released (4/7/16)? #DamnAuditorInMe

A friend hooked me up.

I wouldn't classify that as an "order", more like a "favor"...

Here's what my order history shows on the KSigs...

04/07/16

10/31/16

12/20/16

04/25/17

10/17/17

10/18/17 - yes I'm a ho

04/03/18

04/04/18 - told you I was a ho

Won't post the KTrey order history...

4 months before this legendary thread started and you didn't start your own thread on them?? Sheez

Had a bad experience when I let my friend Justin know about Kate Upton. Like Mrs. Pelz often says, our best conversations are when I shut up.