2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Mizuno jpx 900 forged

Jlb123

I sure hope the simulator was just a little off today. I hit a 222 yd 6 iron today...lol

I can definitely tell I will have more distance with these, just need to get on course and find out how much.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn @Warrick, you're in virtually every new iron thread. lol , you must be a millionaire or have a really cool wife.. or both!

I was just playing with 900forged today and I found a problem. It goes DAMN far. 10-20yds longer than my z765. I know forged is stronger in loft but by only 1 degree. Can't be the shafts, can it?

I still can't stand its thick topline but man, this is very tempting.

I bought MP5's when released last September, next set I bought was the 900 Tour a year later. sold those, bought Z945, sold those got the 900F. I do have a cool Word not allowed wife, for sure.

I have not hit them on course yet. An extra 1/2 club to full club on distance would not hurt me. The key for me will be distance control. I don't think they have a thick topline, not as slim as the Tour series, but does not bother me.

I can always slide the 5's right back in the bag, proven performer..

I am going to the Simulator for 2 hours tomorrow morning, might get a little better idea on distance, will take on my 5's to compare.

Assuming the 900F are with CTapers :)

Yep, 130x straight in.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

T100s 6-G PX LZ
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

I play MP 54 with C-taper 130x plus 1.5 inch. I was fitted and they put the heavier heads in my clubs due to the extra 1.5 inch. I have changed my swing and don't go over top and swing at ball like I used to. I am looking for maybe something a bit shorter in length, more forgiving and lighter in weight. Has anyone on this thread hit the 54s and could tell me if the JPX 900 forged represents a significant improvement in forgiveness. I love the look of players irons like 54s but would appreciate some more forgiveness. Thanks in advance and Merry Xmas to everyone.

I picked up a set of this in the Classifieds after hitting them on the launch monitor at Superstore. Project X LZ 6.0 shafts. I've been playing the Callaway Apex 2014 for the past 2 years. Had C Taper S flex in those.

I loved my callaways. Good forged feel and forgiveness. A little too much offset in the short irons so I had been looking into getting a set of Apex Combos for some time. However, since you can't find them in the store I would have had to buy them blind. I wasn't expecting to like these Mizunos and I honestly don't care too much for the badge in the cavity, but these things look great at address and feel wonderful. I've got 2 rounds under my belt with them and while I expected them to go a little further due to the lofts being stronger (I weakened the lofts on my Callaways), I didn't really find them to go much further. That said, yesterday I took them to the loft and lie machine and these things were all over the map. As much as 2 degrees off on certain clubs for the lie and the lofts were all weak of what is stated as standard.

Just a heads up to get them checked. Also, these things were so soft and easy to bend that getting them checked might need to be done fairly frequently.

[size=3]Taylormade SIM Max 10.5 Hzrdus Green 70[/size]
[size=3]Taylormade M4 3 wood - Tensei White Pro[/size]
[size=3]Titleist 818 H2 Hybrid 19 - Atmos Blue[/size]
[size=3]Titleist 816 H2 Hybrid 21 - Diamana D+[/size]
[size=3]Mizuno MP-20 MMC 5-PW - $ Taper [/size]
[size=3]Callaway X forged 56, 60[/size]
[size=3]Taylormade TP Red-White Ardmore 2[/size]

I play MP 54 with C-taper 130x plus 1.5 inch. I was fitted and they put the heavier heads in my clubs due to the extra 1.5 inch. I have changed my swing and don't go over top and swing at ball like I used to. I am looking for maybe something a bit shorter in length, more forgiving and lighter in weight. Has anyone on this thread hit the 54s and could tell me if the JPX 900 forged represents a significant improvement in forgiveness. I love the look of players irons like 54s but would appreciate some more forgiveness. Thanks in advance and Merry Xmas to everyone.

They added 1.5 length to the shaft and went with a heavier head? Seems like it would make it feel much heavier with both of those together.

They added 1.5 length to the shaft and went with a heavier head? Seems like it would make it feel much heavier

Yep, should have the lighter heads with added length.

I own, have played a 54/64 combo set. I am not sure if there is much difference forgiveness wise, have not had the 900F on course yet though.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

T100s 6-G PX LZ
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

They added 1.5 length to the shaft and went with a heavier head? Seems like it would make it feel much heavier

I own, have played a 54/64 combo set. I am not sure if there is much difference forgiveness wise, have not had the 900F on course yet though.

I got fitted at golftec a few years ago. The guy there didn't know how to use the Mizuno fitting cart. he said I needed the heavy heads due to the extra length. The clubs are heavy as hell with 130 gram shafts and heavy heads.

I got fitted at golftec a few years ago. The guy there didn't know how to use the Mizuno fitting cart. he said I needed the heavy heads due to the extra length. The clubs are heavy as hell with 130 gram shafts and heavy heads.

That sounds like a good reason to order a new set of 900's from Mizuno with the right heads.

I am surprised Mizuno even let that through at +1.5 with the heavy heads, although that may work for someone like Shaq.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

T100s 6-G PX LZ
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

I picked up a set of this in the Classifieds after hitting them on the launch monitor at Superstore. Project X LZ 6.0 shafts. I've been playing the Callaway Apex 2014 for the past 2 years. Had C Taper S flex in those. I loved my callaways. Good forged feel and forgiveness. A little too much offset in the short irons so I had been looking into getting a set of Apex Combos for some time. However, since you can't find them in the store I would have had to buy them blind. I wasn't expecting to like these Mizunos and I honestly don't care too much for the badge in the cavity, but these things look great at address and feel wonderful. I've got 2 rounds under my belt with them and while I expected them to go a little further due to the lofts being stronger (I weakened the lofts on my Callaways), I didn't really find them to go much further. That said, yesterday I took them to the loft and lie machine and these things were all over the map. As much as 2 degrees off on certain clubs for the lie and the lofts were all weak of what is stated as standard. Just a heads up to get them checked. Also, these things were so soft and easy to bend that getting them checked might need to be done fairly frequently.

I went in with my heart set on the AP2's until I hit these. Immediately changed my mind. Feel was night and day for me. Placing my order next week! But, like you, I don't like that badge. What in the world was Mizuno thinking? Does anyone know if that actually serves a purpose? Does it add weight? I'd be interested to know if anyone has removed theirs.

I just went to a new club fitter today. He said the heads were lighter as they should be and the previous fitter misspoke. My 6 iron is at a D9 swing weight which fitter says is good for my swing. He also said my shafts were loading at just the right time and I do not need lighter or less stiff shafts. My swing is the problem so he worked on my swing instead of my clubs. Instead of selling me a new set of irons he worked on my game with me. Good guy.

I was really intrigued by these and the JPX 900 Tour irons when the pics first came out. I spent around an hour @ GolfTown hitting the 6 iron and 9iron for both sets and was pretty disappointed. It was my first time testing a Mizuno iron and I honestly felt let down by all the amazing reviews for how they were supposed to feel. Maybe the tape over the clubs made more of a difference than I expected or maybe it was the PX shaft that I wasn't used to (currently game DG-Pro). Anyone else feel this way?

Nope. 900F and 900 Tour feel great. I'll have a combo of both int he bag soon.

10-15 yards shorter than my R11s and half an inch longer! Same lofts as well. Feel was good and definitely workable!

something wrong there as had the R11s and these are going the same distance and feel 10x better and for looks well one of the best out there

[font=tahoma][b][color=#B22222]Driver Ping G400 10*[/color][/b][/font]
[font=tahoma][b][color=#B22222]Hybrids Ping G30 17* 19*[/color][/b][/font][font=tahoma][b][color=#B22222] [/color][/b][/font][font=tahoma][b][color=#B22222] [/color][/b][/font]
[font=tahoma][b][color=#B22222]Irons Ping i200 4//PW[/color][/b][/font]
[font=tahoma][b][color=#B22222]Wedges Ping Glide 50* 54* 60*[/color][/b][/font]
[font=tahoma][b][color=#B22222]Putter Black Series [/color][/b][/font]
[font=tahoma][b][color=#B22222]Balls Bridgestone B330-RXS[/color][/b][/font]

I picked up a set of this in the Classifieds after hitting them on the launch monitor at Superstore. Project X LZ 6.0 shafts. I've been playing the Callaway Apex 2014 for the past 2 years. Had C Taper S flex in those.

I loved my callaways. Good forged feel and forgiveness. A little too much offset in the short irons so I had been looking into getting a set of Apex Combos for some time. However, since you can't find them in the store I would have had to buy them blind. I wasn't expecting to like these Mizunos and I honestly don't care too much for the badge in the cavity, but these things look great at address and feel wonderful. I've got 2 rounds under my belt with them and while I expected them to go a little further due to the lofts being stronger (I weakened the lofts on my Callaways), I didn't really find them to go much further. That said, yesterday I took them to the loft and lie machine and these things were all over the map. As much as 2 degrees off on certain clubs for the lie and the lofts were all weak of what is stated as standard.

Just a heads up to get them checked. Also, these things were so soft and easy to bend that getting them checked might need to be done fairly frequently.

Ok, an update......... I played yesterday after adjusting my lofts closer to the standard specs (for this set). These things are long! I might have to go one degree weaker. I had 202 into a par 5 yesterday where there is hazard over the green. It was downwind but I airmailed the green with a 5 iron. I figure I've picked up about 10 yards per club with these.

The biggest surprise of all is how forgiving they are. I made a really bad swing on a par 4 from 137 yards (to a back pin) with a PW. I kind of stuck it in the ground and gave it that one handed follow thru. My immediate thought was that the ball was going to end up in the front left bunker, but to my surprise it carried the bunker and ended up in the middle of the green left of the flag. On another hole I caught one a little thin from a skinny lie in the FW with a 7 iron from 174 and thought there was no way it would get on the green. It ended up a foot from the hole.

[size=3]Taylormade SIM Max 10.5 Hzrdus Green 70[/size]
[size=3]Taylormade M4 3 wood - Tensei White Pro[/size]
[size=3]Titleist 818 H2 Hybrid 19 - Atmos Blue[/size]
[size=3]Titleist 816 H2 Hybrid 21 - Diamana D+[/size]
[size=3]Mizuno MP-20 MMC 5-PW - $ Taper [/size]
[size=3]Callaway X forged 56, 60[/size]
[size=3]Taylormade TP Red-White Ardmore 2[/size]

I've got the kbs 90 reg in the R11s and was fitted (through the DNA thingy) for project x lz 5.5s. Maybe that??

10-15 yards shorter than my R11s and half an inch longer! Same lofts as well. Feel was good and definitely workable!

something wrong there as had the R11s and these are going the same distance and feel 10x better and for looks well one of the best out there

should be opposite......heavy heads with shorter shafts not longer

I just spend another two hours at the golf store hitting these and I can't get over how nice they are. My only complaint is the badges. I wish Mizuno would offer the JPX line without badges. I can't wait to order these next week. (Although, I will probably find myself going back to the store to hit them until mine come in)

The Mizuno cart is on hand with pretty much all the shafts one could want. I was getting the best performance out of the ProjectX LZ 6.0. (I wanted to try the 6.5's, which they did not have. My 6 iron swing speed was hovering right around 91 mph, and those LZ's felt the smoothest).

What's wrong with badges? Do they effect the way the club performs or do you not like the look when their sitting in you bag?

The latter... I just wish the Forged mirrored the Tour version a little more. The Tours don't sport badges and they just look a lot cleaner to me. The badges will not keep me from purchasing them though.

What's wrong with badges? Do they effect the way the club performs or do you not like the look when their sitting in you bag?

The latter... I just wish the Forged mirrored the Tour version a little more. The Tours don't sport badges and they just look a lot cleaner to me. The badges will not keep me from purchasing them though.

I've actually been wondering if they were weighted badges.

I don't really mind the badge too much, just a touch of "pop" with the satin finish. They really do look good in the bag next to the T7's.

Is it Spring yet?

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

T100s 6-G PX LZ
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

Yea, I find that most simulators play longer. Some simulators will tell me my 6 iron swing speed is 102, others will tell me 96 and some tell me 92. They are all over the place which is why I generally don't trust them. On course testing is the only thing I trust for myself.

I generally have the exact opposite results. Maybe it's my swing, I don't know but there is no correlation between me on a simulator and what I do on course, it's odd but true.