My Champions Tour quest thread-update post 530

This thread is about one thing.

I make the same mistakes as all of you in trying to get better, just at a higher skill level. I tell all of the people I teach that its never about me in my ivory tower looking down at unworthy hacks and saying, Im smart, youre dumb, do what I say.

Its about I have made these same mistakes, learn from it and dont do it yourself. When I was in my 20s and 30s I did all of the same tip to tip and flavor of the month swing crack in order to get past the hurdle of second stage.

There were times I was desperate and did really dumb things.

In this case, I hyper focused on one area and neglected others.

If I were putting better, I would have over come the pain and lack of sleep on day 1 to shoot 69-72.

If I were in better physical condition, I would likely have been strong enough to over come being pretty ill.

If I had eaten better, its possoble I wouldnt have had the stone and wouldnt have had these problems in the first place.

I am the man who jumps in the hole. :-)

Keep grinding! Also, I miss that show, that was some of the best television!

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to hear about this bout with kidney stones! That really sucks! I know it also sucks to have to wait around for another shot, but just think that it gives you more time to polish up and whip Bernhard Langer into place when you get out there :bigwhack:

On another note, absolutely love the new site I got details about via email!!!! Can't wait to see the new video! Only one question: Do you know if video content for subscribers will be downloadable to devices like the IPAD/Iphone, etc? Not a big deal if its not, just thought I'd ask.

This is why we think what we’re doing is so great.

We will have an app that allows for downloading to devices by January. In the meanwhile, you can access and stream all content on all devices right now.

I just want to say I can't believe you had several folks griping over the new website launch with the subscription model. I guess folks would rather pay a slightly smaller cost on a per video basis than one fee with all the benefits. That and some folks must just expect you to give away your time for free. I thought the whole idea was a great idea especially as a support for those who've taken lessons, attended clinics, etc.

With that being said, does this mean the previous idea of a forum for members is out completely, just for those who remain loyalty subscribers, or the forum is still a go but anyone can participate?

Sorry to hear about this bout with kidney stones! That really sucks! I know it also sucks to have to wait around for another shot, but just think that it gives you more time to polish up and whip Bernhard Langer into place when you get out there :bigwhack:

On another note, absolutely love the new site I got details about via email!!!! Can't wait to see the new video! Only one question: Do you know if video content for subscribers will be downloadable to devices like the IPAD/Iphone, etc? Not a big deal if its not, just thought I'd ask.

This is why we think what we’re doing is so great.

We will have an app that allows for downloading to devices by January. In the meanwhile, you can access and stream all content on all devices right now.

I just want to say I can't believe you had several folks griping over the new website launch with the subscription model. I guess folks would rather pay a slightly smaller cost on a per video basis than one fee with all the benefits. That and some folks must just expect you to give away your time for free. I thought the whole idea was a great idea especially as a support for those who've taken lessons, attended clinics, etc.

With that being said, does this mean the previous idea of a forum for members is out completely, just for those who remain loyalty subscribers, or the forum is still a go but anyone can participate?

That remains open to discussion and suggestion. I have no problem creating a product that customers want, as long as it’s within reason.

All "tips" are welcome. Instruction not desired. 

The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.

BERTRAND RUSSELL

Went to click on the email about Monte's new Bounce 2.0 and the subscription stuff and I get brought to a page that says "subscriptions no longer offered at this time." :(

Anything that you can let us know in terms of what "relaunching very shortly" will be? -- Tomorrow? Couple weeks? etc. -- Was hoping to get my hands on Bounce 2.0 soon, and it seems like the subscription stuff included some great stuff, especially the video lessons. :D

Good luck with upcoming stuff!

Went to click on the email about Monte's new Bounce 2.0 and the subscription stuff and I get brought to a page that says "subscriptions no longer offered at this time." :(

Anything that you can let us know in terms of what "relaunching very shortly" will be? -- Tomorrow? Couple weeks? etc. -- Was hoping to get my hands on Bounce 2.0 soon, and it seems like the subscription stuff included some great stuff, especially the video lessons. :D

Good luck with upcoming stuff!

Email goes out Monday. We built a new site to deliver stuff better and have the ability to add to update content, section them off into small related clips, pay with credit cards instead of PayPal and people to ask questions more easily. Better online lesson platform, etc.. We thought we could deliver more frequent material at a better price by doing subscription, but people said they’d rather have the video, so we changed it. No biggie.

You can buy the video now, but an email and video on where to get it and how it’s organzed will go out Monday.

The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.

BERTRAND RUSSELL

Happy to be in and stay in and ---- piss on the whiners!

What I've had time to watch so far of the new stuff is really well done and I like the "basics" approach to some of it as well, nice reminders and a way to conceptualize from toss to real shots.

Not at all. We want to deliver the product the way people want it.

BERTRAND RUSSELL

What I've had time to watch so far of the new stuff is really well done and I like the "basics" approach to some of it as well, nice reminders and a way to conceptualize from toss to real shots.

This times 1,000. I am staying in as well. I also want to say I have just watch a short bit on the new bounce video and it is very very good. I also like having the new bits on putting, the hybrid chip, the easy flop, and the bump and run. It's a great supplement to those who have been to a clinic.

Not at all. We want to deliver the product the way people want it.

I know you don't share that sentiment Monte, just venting a little ;-) - and kudos to you for wanting to get something just right for those that will be taking advantage of the opportunity. I would expect nothing less and most wouldn't take the time to make adjustments. I'm obviously happy either way and if it works for more folks a little different then everyone will benefit.

Even after all the years (and a few sessions with you the past several years) even the basics are good for review and the visuals.

I know I can't go back in time, but what I would have given when I was younger to have access to something like this instead of the way I was taught (including by a highly qualified "traditional" instructor) up until about 4 years ago. Still, at any age, fun to work on something different if it improves our golf games!

I was in the education industry (not a teacher but biz - large scale learning in India for more than a decade).

I think Montes suite of instructional support - from his input here, YouTube, site/videos, clinics and individual lessons represents state of the art pedagogy and marketing. It educates using media so people understand his guiding principles at a low cost and then lessons/clinics let him use his time focused on individual assessment and needs.

Smart guy in all aspects of the biz, IMO.

Titlest Tsi2, 10*, GD ADDI 5
Titleist TSi2 16.5 GD ADDI 5

Callaway X-hot pro 3, 4 h
TM P790 5-W, DG 105 R
Vokey SM7 48, 52, 56
Cameron Futura 5W

It's a great supplement to those who have been to a clinic.

I think this really going to elevate Monte's business model. Join the site, take some video lessons, go to a clinic when he's in your area. Grab a private lesson if traveling to Southern California. Rinse, repeat...

Many resemble this remark! ;-)

And totally agree.

So is the subscription option coming back or not? I'm a little confused. I bought Use the Bounce 2.0 as that was the only option I saw today, but I'd rather do the year subscription. I've gotten a lot out of Monte's clinics and his past videos and was looking forward to the new site.

Titleist TSR2 11*, Oban Devotion 6S

Titleist TSR2 16.5*, GD Tour AD BB 7S

Titleist TSR2 21*, Fujikura Speeder Pro TS 84

Titleist TS2 25*, GD Tour AD HY 95S
Titleist T100S, 6-GW, Recoil 110 F4

Miura 52.06, 56.10, 60.09, Recoil Proto 125 F4

Ping PLD Custom Anser 4, 34"/355g

So is the subscription option coming back or not? I'm a little confused. I bought Use the Bounce 2.0 as that was the only option I saw today, but I'd rather do the year subscription. I've gotten a lot out of Monte's clinics and his past videos and was looking forward to the new site.

You got it right. No subscription at this time. More people wanted just new video.

When we have it all set tomorrow, I’ll put up a post on details.

BERTRAND RUSSELL

This times 1,000. I am staying in as well. I also want to say I have just watch a short bit on the new bounce video and it is very very good. I also like having the new bits on putting, the hybrid chip, the easy flop, and the bump and run. It's a great supplement to those who have been to a clinic.

I'm staying as well. Previous videos have helped me tremendously - especially integrating the clinic and private lessons I've had the opportunity to attend.

I'm really only disappointed that the logo on my bookmark isn't the cargos...

Driver: Callaway Paradym 8* (draw, std) - GD ADXC 7x

3 wood: Taylormade SIM 15* - GD ADDI 7x

5 wood: Ping G30 18* - Diamana Blue 83x

Irons: 3-5 Taylormade 2014 TP MC (2* weak);  6-PW Taylormade 2014 TP MB (1* weak) - Project X 6.5

SW: Scratch 54* bent to 53* - Ctaper 130x

LW: Scratch 58* bent to 59* - Ctaper 130x

Putter: Modified Odyssey 7 w/ welded long slant

I must be missing something, I am not seeing the new video on the website?

https://rebelliongolf.lpages.co/use-the-bounce-2-0-stand-alone-offer-existing-subscribers/

BERTRAND RUSSELL

Darn, I really liked the sounds of the subscription option as a separate forum for advice and content.

I’ll support the cause either way, but I think the subscription model should have been given more time.

We’re still going to have that.

With new video, there is a place under each video clip to ask questions.

BERTRAND RUSSELL

Kidney stones suck.

They really do!

Never had em but my father’s a urologist and I’ve heard him tell guys that they’re the closest thing to childbirth that a guy will ever feel-

I saw a Golfing Icon who was one tough SOB in so much pain that the IV pain meds did nothing for him and he couldn’t get out of the fetal position. My father had to go up endoscopically cuz of the size of the stone and he had a a total ureteral blockage in addition to blood. It was ugly.

Don’t even think about the what if’s and why’s.

That’s like replaying a tournament on what if’s and why’s

I’m sure that you’ve already been told to eat a lot of oranges and grapefruit and lay off if the salt, lol

I’m glad that you’re back in the saddle!!

Thoughts & Prayers Bro?

Richard

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Kidney stones suck.

They really do!

Never had em but my father’s a urologist and I’ve heard him tell guys that they’re the closest thing to childbirth that a guy will ever feel-

I saw a Golfing Icon who was one tough SOB in so much pain that the IV pain meds did nothing for him and he couldn’t get out of the fetal position. My father had to go up endoscopically cuz of the size of the stone and he had a a total ureteral blockage in addition to blood. It was ugly.

Don’t even think about the what if’s and why’s.

That’s like replaying a tournament on what if’s and why’s

I’m sure that you’ve already been told to eat a lot of oranges and grapefruit and lay off if the salt, lol

I’m glad that you’re back in the saddle!!

Thoughts & Prayers Bro?

Richard

This individual sounds a lot like a story I heard Greg Norman tell about himself...

Former professional golfer. Current amateur human being.

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5 HZRDUS Smoke iM10 Green 60 TX 45.9" D3

Driver 2: Taylormade Burner Mini 11.5 HZRDUS Smoke Green 70 X D5

Fairway: Taylormade Stealth Plus 3 Wood HZRDUS Smoke Green 70X D6

Hybrid: Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 19.5 Tensei AV White 85 X D6

Irons: Sub70 659 MB 5-GW DG 105 X (Takomo 201's w/ occasional cameos)

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM9 56 S Grind;  Cleveland RTX Full Face 64 DG 120 X E0

Putter: PXG Battle Ready Raptor 38” Wristlock Grip