2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

The M1 440 is Long AND Forgiving, I'm Impressed!!

Milez28

I'm playing a 440 head at 10.5 degrees with diamana s+ 60 x5ct and it gets solid numbers, but I think there is more to be had if I find the right shaft. It's interesting to hear everyone's feedback on shaft combos as that is something I want to experiment with and still trying to dial in.

Does anyone play there driver shaft length (tip to butt) at 43.5? Played a round last weekend and choked down to that length and missed only two fairways. Two bad the rest of my game is nowhere to be found :swoon: .

Any suggestions on shafts and length to get more out of this head is much appreciated.

About me:

short and skinny

club head speed is 100-105

fairly aggressive transition

Will be fine for you to play at that length assuming you will be able to get the swing weight up after you cut it short. If you don't get the SW back to roughly D3 the ball won't get off the ground.

Thank you, Homerun2Birdie!

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm playing a 440 head at 10.5 degrees with diamana s+ 60 x5ct and it gets solid numbers, but I think there is more to be had if I find the right shaft. It's interesting to hear everyone's feedback on shaft combos as that is something I want to experiment with and still trying to dial in.

Does anyone play there driver shaft length (tip to butt) at 43.5? Played a round last weekend and choked down to that length and missed only two fairways. Two bad the rest of my game is nowhere to be found :swoon: .

Any suggestions on shafts and length to get more out of this head is much appreciated.

About me:

short and skinny

club head speed is 100-105

fairly aggressive transition

Will be fine for you to play at that length assuming you will be able to get the swing weight up after you cut it short. If you don't get the SW back to roughly D3 the ball won't get off the ground.

Thank you, Homerun2Birdie!

Not a problem, best of luck!

TaylorMade Stealth 7.25º | Fujikura Ventus Black 6X
TaylorMade SIM2 13.5º | Diamana Thump 75X
Cobra F6 Baffler 17.5º | Diamana Thump 85X
Titleist T100s | Dynamic Gold X7
TaylorMade MG3 50º, 55º, 60º Hi Toe  | Dynamic Gold X7
PXG One & Done | Armlock

Still in love with mine... cannot tell you how much ... practice round for upcoming tournament i just had the driving round of my life..... im so comfortable with it now .. took a month but that Atmos black is so good when you get a heavy enough head on it to make it work ....

ill mirror what others have said.. If you have spin issues or were a previous SLDR 430 lover then this is the new head for you ....

Hey Blade, is your Atmos Black S or XS? I'm interested in pairing up my M1 440 with the same shaft.

mine s 6X... tipped a half inch... and playing at 44.5.... head is hotmelted to around 209g if memory serves with adapter

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Titleist MB 3-pw modus 130x 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Still in love with mine... cannot tell you how much ... practice round for upcoming tournament i just had the driving round of my life..... im so comfortable with it now .. took a month but that Atmos black is so good when you get a heavy enough head on it to make it work ....

ill mirror what others have said.. If you have spin issues or were a previous SLDR 430 lover then this is the new head for you ....

Hey Blade, is your Atmos Black S or XS? I'm interested in pairing up my M1 440 with the same shaft.

mine s 6X... tipped a half inch... and playing at 44.5.... head is hotmelted to around 209g if memory serves with adapter

Thanks Blade!

I'm still shaft tinkering with mine. Have tried a fubuki 70x j tipped 3/4 playing at 44, KK XT 70TX playing 44 and now a fubuki zt 70x playing at 44.5 and so far that's been the best. Debating trying a tensei pro blue out but I like my driver 44 but right now I hook everything at that length so I'll keep trying to work on that but might snag a tensei blue or take my old KK silver tini 70x out of my Nike driver that played 44 and worked so well. I like the driver but it hasn't been consistent yet this year so I haven't played in tournament because the driver has been sucking.

I'm still shaft tinkering with mine. Have tried a fubuki 70x j tipped 3/4 playing at 44, KK XT 70TX playing 44 and now a fubuki zt 70x playing at 44.5 and so far that's been the best. Debating trying a tensei pro blue out but I like my driver 44 but right now I hook everything at that length so I'll keep trying to work on that but might snag a tensei blue or take my old KK silver tini 70x out of my Nike driver that played 44 and worked so well. I like the driver but it hasn't been consistent yet this year so I haven't played in tournament because the driver has been sucking.

I love the ZT series people can say they are "Made For" all they want but IMO the ZT series is the best new model in the Fubuki line since the OG.

I have a ZT70 in a M1 3 wood and the ball flight is perfect.

Taylormade QI10LS 10.5 (@9.5) Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore+ 6S 
Taylormade Stealth 2+ 15 (@14.50) Fujikura Motore Speeder 8.1S Tipped .5"
Callaway Apex "21" 19/3H Aldila Rogue Black TS95 Tipped .5"
Taylormade SLDR 4i DGSLS300S
Taylormade P750 7-PW P770 5i-6i DG AMT White S300
Taylormade MG2 52 DGTIS400, MG4TW 56/12 DGTIS400, & Tour Issued MG3 Hi Toe 60/09 DGTIS200 115
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport 2 34.5"
Bridgestone Tour B XS (Testing New TP5x)

I love the ZT series people can say they are "Made For" all they want but IMO the ZT series is the best new model in the Fubuki line since the OG.

I have a ZT70 in a M1 3 wood and the ball flight is perfect.

So far it's allowing me to fade the ball like I want to do it's a go for me. Debating if I want to buy another one and have it tipped some.

I took my Rogue Silver out and put a Tour AD GP in this and wow! It is a great combo for me.

Titleist TSR2 - 8* Ventus Red TR 6X
Titleist TSi2 - 15* - Ventus Red TR 7X
Titleist TSR3 19* Hybrid
Titleist U500 - 4 iron DG TI X-100
Titleist T100 5-9 DG TI X-100
Titleist Vokey SM10 (46*, 52*, 56*, 60*) raw 
Odyssey Triple T 

I can relate with many guys here. These super low spin heads...even if you were a high flight/spin guy, you gotta pair with more mid launch shafts than in years past. I had rebar in driver for a decade in various forms. I also don't think super low loft is necessary either now to cover up balloons, I just like seeing less loft from a visual stand point.

Now I'm playing what's promoted as mid/high launch shaft and hitting it a stronger trajectory than ever before. Things have changed!

I can relate with many guys here. These super low spin heads...even if you were a high flight/spin guy, you gotta pair with more mid launch shafts than in years past. I had rebar in driver for a decade in various forms. I also don't think super low loft is necessary either now to cover up balloons, I just like seeing less loft from a visual stand point.

Now I'm playing what's promoted as mid/high launch shaft and hitting it a stronger trajectory than ever before. Things have changed!

I don't disagree with you for some but for me, the Tensei Pro Orange is perfect. I want that knuckleball spin, however it has to be combined with high launch. This combo is the only driver other than SLDR 8 degree where I can achieve sub 2000 spin with high launch. Including roll, the 440 is 15 yards longer than M2 of the same loft with the same shaft, including roll. I didn't honestly think that was possible.

Anyone playing or tried a 440 with an atmos Blue? Thinking a 9.5 head paired with a Blue 7x

Titleist TSR4 10 w/Ventus TR Blue 7X
TM BRNR Mini 13.5 w/Ventus TR Blue 7X

Titleist TSR3 18 w/Fuji 9.2TS X or TM P760 3 w/HZRDUS Black 6.5 105
Artisan FC 4, Artisan HC 5&6, Artisan MB 7-PW (4 TI X100 120, 5-PW TI X100)
Artisan 51,55,60 (51 TI X100; 55,60 TI S400)
Artisan 0117 Slant Neck

+1 and I think this is x2 for these modern 3 woods. IDK how some golfers can hit a M1 Fairway with a Whiteboard Profile or Fuji TS 8.2. I mean they must be killing worms when the ball takes off.

Taylormade QI10LS 10.5 (@9.5) Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore+ 6S 
Taylormade Stealth 2+ 15 (@14.50) Fujikura Motore Speeder 8.1S Tipped .5"
Callaway Apex "21" 19/3H Aldila Rogue Black TS95 Tipped .5"
Taylormade SLDR 4i DGSLS300S
Taylormade P750 7-PW P770 5i-6i DG AMT White S300
Taylormade MG2 52 DGTIS400, MG4TW 56/12 DGTIS400, & Tour Issued MG3 Hi Toe 60/09 DGTIS200 115
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport 2 34.5"
Bridgestone Tour B XS (Testing New TP5x)

Anyone playing or tried a 440 with an atmos Blue? Thinking a 9.5 head paired with a Blue 7x

I have 9.5 Tour Issue (9.7 actual loft) with a Blue 7X, it's not leaving the bag... not even with all the Ping G400 hype.

Had an 8.5 Tour Issue with a Blue 7X that I had tipped an inch... Two mistakes here. First I had no idea how low spinning the head was, as most all my other drivers were 7.5-8.5 and they were honestly higher than I wanted. Secondly the Atmos shafts stiffen up like you would not believe when you tip them, so I was hitting 40ft scud missiles haha. Obviously this is borderline unplayable, so made the adjustment to the higher loft and didn't tip the shaft and It is providing the exact results TollBros mentioned above. High penetrating knucklers that roll out for days.

The Atmos Blue is my favorite shaft I've ever played in any club. I don't doubt that there's other shafts out there that might be further or lower spinning, but this thing just seems to give me exactly what I'm looking for whether I'm easing one out there or stepping on the gas. The very reason I put an 8X in my brand new M2 Tour 3W, which has become my favorite club in my bag.

TaylorMade Stealth 7.25º | Fujikura Ventus Black 6X
TaylorMade SIM2 13.5º | Diamana Thump 75X
Cobra F6 Baffler 17.5º | Diamana Thump 85X
Titleist T100s | Dynamic Gold X7
TaylorMade MG3 50º, 55º, 60º Hi Toe  | Dynamic Gold X7
PXG One & Done | Armlock

If anyone is thinking about trying a higher launching shaft, I'm unloading my white 757X. Not a good fit for my M2 but was really solid when I was using the 440.

TSR2 8*, Diamana BG 60TX

TSR1 15*, Diamana BF 80TX

TSR1 20°, Atmos TS Blue HB 8x 
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

JPX 923 Forged  5-P, DG120 X100
RTX6  50, 54, 58 MID (AMT White X100)
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

I don't disagree with you for some but for me, the Tensei Pro Orange is perfect. I want that knuckleball spin, however it has to be combined with high launch. This combo is the only driver other than SLDR 8 degree where I can achieve sub 2000 spin with high launch. Including roll, the 440 is 15 yards longer than M2 of the same loft with the same shaft, including roll. I didn't honestly think that was possible.

You are a beast outlier lol. We all know that. I was discussing mere mortals.

It took a while for me to dial in like I said since for a long time I played the OG diamana whiteboard and loved it but struggled with finding the right shaft for the 440. I was hitting a lot of draws and hooks with it when I only like to see a draw when I the hole sets up for it. I like the fade, always have. My fubuki zt maybe not be the shaft I keep but it has put me back into the fade to a straight ball more with a draw when need be so it helping me cut one side of the course out. I had such high hopes this year of playing tournaments but with my driver showing off and not finding the right shaft it was really a struggle. On indoor track man numbers were great but I didn't have my 44-44.5 inch shafts but longer ones choking down and that doesn't really work well so I wasn't getting a true picture. I got so caught up in the data that the window where I like the ball didn't matter so I got back to what I was doing last year and went with my gut and tinkered with shafts so I'm going in he right direction.

I have 9.5 Tour Issue (9.7 actual loft) with a Blue 7X, it's not leaving the bag... not even with all the Ping G400 hype.

Had an 8.5 Tour Issue with a Blue 7X that I had tipped an inch... Two mistakes here. First I had no idea how low spinning the head was, as most all my other drivers were 7.5-8.5 and they were honestly higher than I wanted. Secondly the Atmos shafts stiffen up like you would not believe when you tip them, so I was hitting 40ft scud missiles haha. Obviously this is borderline unplayable, so made the adjustment to the higher loft and didn't tip the shaft and It is providing the exact results TollBros mentioned above. High penetrating knucklers that roll out for days.

The Atmos Blue is my favorite shaft I've ever played in any club. I don't doubt that there's other shafts out there that might be further or lower spinning, but this thing just seems to give me exactly what I'm looking for whether I'm easing one out there or stepping on the gas. The very reason I put an 8X in my brand new M2 Tour 3W, which has become my favorite club in my bag.

Thanks! I might have to look into getting a 440 head now and building this combo.

Titleist TSR4 10 w/Ventus TR Blue 7X
TM BRNR Mini 13.5 w/Ventus TR Blue 7X

Titleist TSR3 18 w/Fuji 9.2TS X or TM P760 3 w/HZRDUS Black 6.5 105
Artisan FC 4, Artisan HC 5&6, Artisan MB 7-PW (4 TI X100 120, 5-PW TI X100)
Artisan 51,55,60 (51 TI X100; 55,60 TI S400)
Artisan 0117 Slant Neck

I have a 9.5 set at standard loft with an ATMOS Black 6X. I am a high ball hitter, so even with the low spin low launch of this head I still needed a low spin low launch shaft. I am working on my swing, so I still have the issue of the occasional pull hook but overall I am very satisfied with the piercing flight path I get. My only complaint is that it seems like the head is a little light and is hard to feel throughout the swing. I need to take it and get the swingweight checked as the shaft is playing 44.5 and I think the swingweight is probably about D1.

At 45 inches with my kiyoshi white my swingweight is d3, i think a heavier swingweight is a must for this head. But once dialed in its one of lowest spin drivers ive hit. Ive never had a driver under 2600 rpm I hit a few that were 1950 and thats with mid launch white kiyoshi and my AOA is 0- -1, to say the least im impressed

I bought a couple extra weights to throw in the tracks of my M1, to try and bump up my swing weight without having to mess with lead tape.

Question though; is having 3 or 4 weights in the tracks, instead of the stock 2 weights, legal for tournament play?

Totally legal as long as they are screwed down tightly.

917 D2 8.50* - Tensei CK Pro White 60
917 F2 13.5* - Rogue Max 70
816 H2 19.0* - D+ Plus 90
716 T-MB (3i, 4i) - Modus 120
716 CB (5-PW) - Modus 120
Hogan TK15 - 49, 55
Edel Deschutes

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1457364-pitchinwedges-witb/page__p__15152218#entry15152218"][color=#0000ff][b]Photo WITB[/b][/color][/url]