Will Tiger play at Riviera? Tiger Withdraws From Genesis And Honda (merged)

Lacey Underall

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Admittedly I've never had "back spasms" like he's dealing with but I find it funny that he can predict that his back will be acting up in 2.5 weeks. His game may not be great but his psychic ability is on point!

i think the idea is you allow yourself plenty of time to let the spasms completely go away and then you gear up for Bay Hill and the Masters. As a person who suffers with back pain, i can attest to spasms being very painful and sometimes taking a week or more to subside to a point where you feel well enough to swing a club.

I guess we won't see TW until the Masters now.

the ceremonial first tee.

Ping G430 MAX Rogue Silver 60S
915F Rogue Black 80S
915H Rogue Black 85S
ZX Utility 4i Recoil F4 110
Srixon ZX5/ZX7 Nippon Modus 120S
SM6 52.08F | 56.08M | 60.10S
Scotty Cameron Mil-Spec 33/350G
restoration on my Mil-Spec

Just retire Tiger. It seems to me he knows his game is crap and so is trying to buy time to sort it out before coming back. Sick of all these comebacks an then pulling out over and over and over.

He's been out for 2 yrs and if his back still isnt right if that is the cause just retire because its not going to get better.

New clubs, new ball, new TV ads, nice long layoff and rehab, lots of TV hype ...........AAAAAAND IT'S GONE

Callaway Rogue Max LS Driver, 9 degrees, Tensei Blue shaft

Mizuno ST180 5 wood

Ping G425 Max 7 wood
Srixon ZX4 4 iron
Srixon ZX5 irons 5-PW, Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 Tour 120 shafts

Cleveland RTX6 48* wedge

Cleveland Zipcore 54* wedge
Cleveland RTX 58* full face wedge
Nike Method Core Drone 2.0 putter 34"

I think in the future, we will see a very Hoganesque schedule post accident for Tiger. Show up at the majors, play the events he hosts, and maybe a couple more. It seems pretty clear that anything more than that is too much at this point.

As for how he should swing in the future, you guys should go watch videos of him on a couple of the bunker shots he hit in the bahamas (a good example is 4:30 in the video below). He creates incredible speed with just his arms and hands, with little stress on his back and barely any rotation. It's way more arm speed than on any of his full shots, where he seems to still be relying on the Foley body swing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgyNlexwMiQ&t=338s

Former professional golfer. Current amateur human being.

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5 HZRDUS Smoke iM10 Green 60 TX 45.9" D3

Driver 2: Taylormade Burner Mini 11.5 HZRDUS Smoke Green 70 X D5

Fairway: Taylormade Stealth Plus 3 Wood HZRDUS Smoke Green 70X D6

Hybrid: Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 19.5 Tensei AV White 85 X D6

Irons: Sub70 659 MB 5-GW DG 105 X (Takomo 201's w/ occasional cameos)

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM9 56 S Grind;  Cleveland RTX Full Face 64 DG 120 X E0

Putter: PXG Battle Ready Raptor 38” Wristlock Grip

Gotta love the haters. Yeah because watching the frat boys of the PGA tour is way better then seeing Tiger Woods play. I'm sure Tiger appreciates all the words of encouragement.

I'm not a hater of Tiger. I only watch golf if he's playing. I don't care about McIlroy or Day etc.. They are boring. But it's annoying and I dont buy the excuses Tiger rolls out. Its my opinion that Tiger cant grind. Sure he can grind through a bad day if he is near the lead but he cant grind if he is struggling to make cuts. He just doesnt want to be there and doesnt try. He said he was pain free. He's been playing golf since last march or so when he tweeted a video and he has been practising for almost a year. He never disclosed any back issues and comes out telling everyone he is ready and then plays crap and what do you know he pulls out. How many times has he done this? If its his not his knee its his ankle, if its not his ankle its his back...

I have never seen a player withdraw as much as he has. Seems to me like the pain just shows up when he is playing bad. He doesnt want to the world to know he has lost it totally is my opinion and blames injuries.

If you want peoepl to give you a break be honest. If you are in pain say ''yeah I will tee it up this week but my back had been bad. I will see how it goes.'' . Dont say ''my back feels good and I'm in no pain then shoot 77 and say oh I cant play now. And then pull out of a tournament in 2 weeks time!''

I call bullxxxx. And as I say I am a Tiger fan but sick of his constant withdrawals. I have never seen him withdraw when he is -3 after 9 holes etc..

Wow he screwed Taylormade so bad .

TM knew the history before they signed him...

I would think that contract was about 5,000 pages and included every potential scenario and how comp would be adjusted for each one.

yeah this is what I was going to say... I doubt TM got screwed at all. I'm betting the contract was mostly incentive based and accounted for a lot of this. They were signing a 41 year old coming off 3 back surgeries who admittedly could barely get out bed.

Driver: PXG 0311 Gen 4 9*
3w: Taylormade Sim 15*
Hybrid: Titleist 816h 21*
Irons: PXG 0311 Gen 5 T 4i thru GW 
Wedges: Vokey SM9 54*, 58*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5

Gotta love the haters. Yeah because watching the frat boys of the PGA tour is way better then seeing Tiger Woods play. I'm sure Tiger appreciates all the words of encouragement.

I'm not a hater of Tiger. I only watch golf if he's playing. I don't care about McIlroy or Day etc.. They are boring. But it's annoying and I dont buy the excuses Tiger rolls out. Its my opinion that Tiger cant grind. Sure he can grind through a bad day if he is near the lead but he cant grind if he is struggling to make cuts. He just doesnt want to be there and doesnt try. He said he was pain free. He's been playing golf since last march or so when he tweeted a video and he has been practising for almost a year. He never disclosed any back issues and comes out telling everyone he is ready and then plays crap and what do you know he pulls out. How many times has he done this? If its his not his knee its his ankle, if its not his ankle its his back...

I have never seen a player withdraw as much as he has. Seems to me like the pain just shows up when he is playing bad. He doesnt want to the world to know he has lost it totally is my opinion and blames injuries.

If you want peoepl to give you a break be honest. If you are in pain say ''yeah I will tee it up this week but my back had been bad. I will see how it goes.'' . Dont say ''my back feels good and I'm in no pain then shoot 77 and say oh I cant play now. And then pull out of a tournament in 2 weeks time!''

I call bullxxxx. And as I say I am a Tiger fan but sick of his constant withdrawals. I have never seen him withdraw when he is -3 after 9 holes etc..

You're very much a Tiger hater.

He's clearly hurt. All over social media from people in Dubai at the tournament there were videos of Tiger on Wednesday and he could barely walk off the putting green. The most telling video came from Quiros' caddy of Tiger on Wednesday. He looked like a complete mess and was simply walking. A handful of these videos have since come out of Tiger before his Thursday round.

His back is made of tissue paper right now. He is trying to reclaim glory which I am afraid isn't going to come back. His body his saying no but his mind keeps telling him yes. Then he gets there and it all falls apart.

For the sake of Tiger's future health, his family and quality of life, I think it's time he sails off into the sunset.

Driver: PXG 0311 Gen 4 9*
3w: Taylormade Sim 15*
Hybrid: Titleist 816h 21*
Irons: PXG 0311 Gen 5 T 4i thru GW 
Wedges: Vokey SM9 54*, 58*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5

Tiger pulled out of next two tournaments??? Never know it watching tiger channel this am. :p

Ping 410 9.0

Ping g425 14.5 3 wood 

New Level 21* bent to 20* driving iron

Taylormade M4 5 wood
Wilson Staff tour cb 5-7, FG tour v6 8-pw

New Level 902pd 5-pw 105 TT stiff (on their way)
Titleist sm7 50-10 F, 56-10 F, 60-8wedge flex
3 #7 style mallets: Taylormade, Cleveland and Tommy Armour

He's been playing golf every day for a year. I'm not buying it. It's not like he just suddenly got out of a hospital bed and tried teeing it up last Thursday.

He played int he pro am and played crap. Was throwing clubs. HE just doesnt want to admit he cant play well anymore and wants people to think its an injury. Even Haney said in his book how he was talking crap about injuries.

If Tiger really did just have back spasms, then he should be able to tee it up next week. I would bet pretty good money he won't be there. He was committed to the Honda the week after, but that's one of the toughest tracks on tour. I'm thinking we won't see him again until Bay Hill and then the Masters. What are your predictions?

Sorry to say I was right on this one. I think what we are seeing is the beginning of a permanently reduced schedule from Tiger. I'm betting he plays a maximum of 8-10 tournaments a year. All 4 majors, San Diego, Bay Hill, the Players, the Memorial, and his tournament in Washington DC.

2023 WITB
Driver: Callaway Epic Max LS 10.5* - MMT 70x
3 Wood: Callaway Paradym TD 15* - Kai'li White 80x

Utility: Callaway X-Forged UT 21*
4-PW: Callaway Apex MBs - Project X 6.0
52* Wedge: Callaway Jaws Raw S Grind
58* Wedge: Callaway Jaws Raw Full Toe
Putter: Odyssey Tri-Hot 5k Double Wide DB

He's been playing golf every day for a year. I'm not buying it. It's not like he just suddenly got out of a hospital bed and tried teeing it up last Thursday.

He played int he pro am and played crap. Was throwing clubs. HE just doesnt want to admit he cant play well anymore and wants people to think its an injury. Even Haney said in his book how he was talking crap about injuries.

This.

And I bet he didn't even have any of those back or knee surgeries.

Any witnesses?

56fc227d1500002a000b3a01.jpeg

Hey, maybe there's a junior mint lodged in his back!

I think we can all agree Tigers back Dr. sucks a bag of d***s

His doctor doesn't really know better though, they can't find the cause of his postural imbalances, which is pretty simple when you know what you're doing.

If he was treated in Europe he would be already 100%.

How would he be treated differently in Europe? I admittedly don't know that much about back injuries.

EDIT: Beyond being extremely annoyed when my lower back acts up.

TSR2 10 Ventus Blue velocore  6S
Paradym Ai Smoke 3D  Ventus Red velocore 7S
Apex '21 19 + 21  GD ADDI 85S
MP20 HMB 5-P Steelfiber S 110
SM9 50F, 55M, 60K Steelfiber S 95
Toulon Chicago

not unexpected news to be honest ? maybe best to retire now instead of keep trying to come back and play %100 fit again ?

Cobra Radspeed XD 10.5
Callaway rogue 3 wood
Callaway rogue 5 wood
Callaway Hawkeye 7 wood.
Taylormade M6 irons 5 to pw,aw, sw, 2 degrees upright +half an inch longer
Callaway  mack daddy cb 60 wedge
Titleist trufeel/Callaway supersoft balls
Odyssey 7s black

This stinks. Was really hoping he'd be able to make it back sooner than later. Not looking good for him to be prepared for the Masters. Damn.

I don't know that he's going to be playing the Masters. It doesn't look good.

Edit - And this is further proof that Tiger/Steiny are a couple of liars. "It's just back spasms" they say when Tiger WD's from Dubai. "It came out of nowhere."

B******t.

The tip off should have been watching him dig the toe of his wedge into the turf in order to pull himself out of a bunker. That surely looked like someone who might have been having back problems, well before the "spasms" later that night.

Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.  P.G. Wodehouse

I'll never understand why he tried to embark on a 4 out of 5 week schedule that included multiple cross country flights plus a trip to Dubai. Seems like he should have waited for the FL swing and made sure not to play back to back weeks until he knew for sure he could take make it through even 72 holes over four days. All hindsight now but it's disappointing nonetheless.

I agree.

He could have made a more cautious, slow start, by opening the season with the FL swing.

I wonder if his agent, the draw of big appearance money and a new Taylormade contract influenced his decision to start a log road trip in Dubai

Typical Tiger fanboy...simply whines instead of accepting reality

Not whining Jordan Spieth's done enough of that this week. Again the game of golf needs Tiger Woods back and winning.

Not whining Jordan Spieth's done enough of that this week. Again the game of golf needs Tiger Woods back and winning.

got any autographs for sale?

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

The game of golf needs him back?

How so?