Will Tiger play at Riviera? Tiger Withdraws From Genesis And Honda (merged)

Lacey Underall

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta love the haters. Yeah because watching the frat boys of the PGA tour is way better then seeing Tiger Woods play. I'm sure Tiger appreciates all the words of encouragement.

Typical Tiger fanboy...simply whines instead of accepting reality

Not whining Jordan Spieth's done enough of that this week. Again the game of golf needs Tiger Woods back and winning.

The game of golf needs him back?

How so?

Tiger Woods performance over the past 20 years has brought not only major money into the game but youth movement as well. To NOT encourage a come back so Tiger could close out his career battling against the young guns of the game would be pure stupidity.

Gotta love the haters. Yeah because watching the frat boys of the PGA tour is way better then seeing Tiger Woods play. I'm sure Tiger appreciates all the words of encouragement.

Not whining Jordan Spieth's done enough of that this week. Again the game of golf needs Tiger Woods back and winning.

got any autographs for sale?

YEAH THERE 20 BUCKS.SpiethTuresday.jpg

The guy is just a circus of public embarrassment at this point. And it's a shame because he's the greatest golfer i have ever seen tee it up.

It's been 3+ years since he was competitive on tour. The guy has every talent, resource, doctor, and therapist at his disposal to get healthy and get his game into shape. He hasn't done it. Meanwhile Freddy Couples plays with similar back issues every week. At some point everything is an excuse.

The guy is just a circus of public embarrassment at this point. And it's a shame because he's the greatest golfer i have ever seen tee it up.

It's been 3+ years since he was competitive on tour. The guy has every talent, resource, doctor, and therapist at his disposal to get healthy and get his game into shape. He hasn't done it. Meanwhile Freddy Couples plays with similar back issues every week. At some point everything is an excuse.

Think you might want to double-check that.

fred is playing right now on the golf channel

[size=4][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][b]DRIVER[/b]- Callaway Rogue Oban Tour Limited 60s
[b]3 WOOD[/b]- GBB Epic Oban Kiyoshi Gold 75s
[b]HYBRID[/b]- Titleist 818 H1 19/23 Hybrid Atmos HB Tour Spec 85s
[b]IRONS[/b]- Srixon 765/565 Nippon Modus 105s
[b]GAP[/b]- Callaway MD4 Chrome 52 Modus 105
[b]SAND[/b]- Callaway MD4 Chrome 54 Modus 105
[b]LOB[/b]- Callaway MD3 Chrome 58 Modus 105
[b]PUTTER[/b]- Bettinardi Queen Bee #6
[b]BALL[/b]- Callaway Chrome Soft X[/font][/size]

Couples had had to WD from a number of events in the last few years.

It's just people are like,

"Awwwww, poor Freddie". And that's fine.

TWs expectations are off the charts because he had been superman for so long. Busted knee, win the US Open.

There was no back problem at the Hero where he played ''relatively well''. Then he posts 3 crap rounds and suddenly the back hurts again and has to WD?? Seems very coincidental.

I think he realises his game is so far off he fears embarassing himself and is trying to buy more time to sort his game out. If he played at Riviera he would have been shot a million.

There was no back problem at the Hero where he played ''relatively well''. Then he posts 3 crap rounds and suddenly the back hurts again and has to WD?? Seems very coincidental.

I think he realises his game is so far off he fears embarassing himself and is trying to buy more time to sort his game out. If he played at Riviera he would have been shot a million.

agree but we have no reason to believe his back is ok either. he did look good at hero, flashes of brilliance actually and now this.

Thats too bad, I hope he can get his health sorted and listens to his health care professionals. I feel like the 65 round in the Bahamas was a bonus looking at it now. Good luck TW!

PXG GEN6 0311 10.5*DRIVER/FUJI RED VELOCORE 6S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN5 0311XF 17*FAIRWAY/FUJI MOTORE X F3 7S/GP TW WHT

PXG GEN3 0311XP 3 IRON/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN3 0311P 4-PW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG GEN4 0311P GW/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/WINN DT WRAP

PXG SD II WEDGES/56/13&62/10/TT ELEVATE TOUR S/GP TW BLK

MACHINE M2A 1018RAW CS PUTTER/ACCRA I-STEEL/SS FLAT 1.0

I'm not a hater of Tiger. I only watch golf if he's playing. I don't care about McIlroy or Day etc.. They are boring. But it's annoying and I dont buy the excuses Tiger rolls out. Its my opinion that Tiger cant grind. Sure he can grind through a bad day if he is near the lead but he cant grind if he is struggling to make cuts. He just doesnt want to be there and doesnt try. He said he was pain free. He's been playing golf since last march or so when he tweeted a video and he has been practising for almost a year. He never disclosed any back issues and comes out telling everyone he is ready and then plays crap and what do you know he pulls out. How many times has he done this? If its his not his knee its his ankle, if its not his ankle its his back...

I have never seen a player withdraw as much as he has. Seems to me like the pain just shows up when he is playing bad. He doesnt want to the world to know he has lost it totally is my opinion and blames injuries.

If you want peoepl to give you a break be honest. If you are in pain say ''yeah I will tee it up this week but my back had been bad. I will see how it goes.'' . Dont say ''my back feels good and I'm in no pain then shoot 77 and say oh I cant play now. And then pull out of a tournament in 2 weeks time!''

I call bullxxxx. And as I say I am a Tiger fan but sick of his constant withdrawals. I have never seen him withdraw when he is -3 after 9 holes etc..

You're very much a Tiger hater.

He's clearly hurt. All over social media from people in Dubai at the tournament there were videos of Tiger on Wednesday and he could barely walk off the putting green. The most telling video came from Quiros' caddy of Tiger on Wednesday. He looked like a complete mess and was simply walking. A handful of these videos have since come out of Tiger before his Thursday round.

His back is made of tissue paper right now. He is trying to reclaim glory which I am afraid isn't going to come back. His body his saying no but his mind keeps telling him yes. Then he gets there and it all falls apart.

For the sake of Tiger's future health, his family and quality of life, I think it's time he sails off into the sunset.

Anyone have links to the vids that show tiger struggling around?

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Tiger fans haven't got the corner of the block on being in denial. Y'all should have been on Mike Weirs forum the last 10 yrs. Whew, down right embarrassing. You couldn't say a word against King Mike lest you be trampled and reviled. And this coming from moi who perceived himself to be Weirs biggest fan. But I also had to look in the mirror each day and face reality ie see you on the champions tour....hopefully.

Ping 410 9.0

Ping g425 14.5 3 wood 

New Level 21* bent to 20* driving iron

Taylormade M4 5 wood
Wilson Staff tour cb 5-7, FG tour v6 8-pw

New Level 902pd 5-pw 105 TT stiff (on their way)
Titleist sm7 50-10 F, 56-10 F, 60-8wedge flex
3 #7 style mallets: Taylormade, Cleveland and Tommy Armour

announcer jobs aren't for anyone. Save for a few guys, announcer jobs are for journeymen and guys who love to hear themselves talk. Plus, networks don't have the cash that he would demand for that gig.... not to mention we have enough,"When I played...." week in and week out.

Ping G400 Max AD IZ 6s
2016 TI M2 HL AD IZ 7s
M2 4h AD DI 8s
Ping G400 5hy ADDI 9s
718 TMB 6-Gap Modus 130s
Scratch 53 Modus 125
Scratch 57 Modus 125
PXG 03x 60* Modus 125

Scotty Cameron Custom 009 HHH

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/982109-joes-witb-set-for-2014-update-2015/#entry10682349"]WITB Link[/url]

Yea...I dont see him in an announcers booth except for the rare guest spot. He makes more money doing almost anything else that he enjoys doing. Id love to see him in there though.

I just want to see him on the golf course. I think if he just allowed it to all be aired in public, played like total crap for a season or two - but just allowed it to happen and owned it - that he would come roaring back. He just never had that part of his life where he played like junk. He was the best at every level until his injury and personal issues in 2008. But he hasn't been able to deal with the slump that's been ongoing since then (other than the one really good season), and he continues to lean on his "injury" as the reason. I think he's just playing like crap, and that's the reason. But he's not going to stop playing like crap until he goes out there, takes his licks, gets beaten by people that weren't qualified to caddy for him 10 years ago, etc. He's in the middle of really dark tunnel. I just fear he's going to give up before he gets to the light at the other end. Then we all lose out.

Yeah, even with a good back he'd shoot a million at Riviera if he's hitting it like he was at Torrey. It'd be easier to give him the benefit of the doubt about the back if him and Stieney weren't so insistent on insisting everything's fine at 4PM when it looks like he can barely get out of a bunker at 11AM. If your back hurts, just say so man. No one holds it against Freddy when he says his back flared up so he has to WD. For someone who very much has the 'it is what it is' mentality I just get zero sense of honesty when he's talking about his back, or any of his other injuries over the years, be it good or bad. And here's the sum total of his latest comeback:

MC

WD

WD

WD

As far as comebacks go, that's really not too good. Don't know what happened, his swing looked really good at the Hero, but wish he'd be a little more honest about how bad his back is. Like farmer said above, if he's too hurt to play he's too hurt to practice and that means donezo. He's never going to go full Bruce Lietzke on us--he needs to practice to figure out how much of whichever swing guru he has going on on any given day. We're two weeks away from hearing about Ranger Rick tearing it up at Isleworth again. It's groundhog day at this point.

New clubs, new ball, new TV ads, nice long layoff and rehab, lots of TV hype ...........AAAAAAND IT'S GONE

Great South Park reference

TM Sim2 w/ Tensei CK White

TM Sim2 Titanium 15* w/ Diamana Kai'li
TM Sim2 3h w/ AXIVCore Green
TM P790 4i w/ HZRDUS Smoke
TM P7MC 5 - 8 w/ Project X LZ

TM P7MB 9 - PW w/ Project X LZ
TM MG 50 and 55 w/ Project X LZ

TM MG Hi-Toe 60 w/ Project X LZ
TM TP Balboa
TM TP5x Yellow

I found both the prov 1s he hit in the water on 12, can he sign those?

Reading the start of this thread, you wouldn't ever know if we were actually in 2017—or 2009, or 2011, or 2013, or 2015.....

Clubs: Ping G400 Max • Callaway 816 5w • Ping i25 3-W • Ping Rustique 50* & 58* • Betti BB1 Short Slant
Shafts: Aldila Rogue White 60x • PX 8B4 • DGTI x100 • DG s300
Balls: Titleist Pro V1 • Srixon Z Star XV

big teeth on that thing

[size=4][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][b]DRIVER[/b]- Callaway Rogue Oban Tour Limited 60s
[b]3 WOOD[/b]- GBB Epic Oban Kiyoshi Gold 75s
[b]HYBRID[/b]- Titleist 818 H1 19/23 Hybrid Atmos HB Tour Spec 85s
[b]IRONS[/b]- Srixon 765/565 Nippon Modus 105s
[b]GAP[/b]- Callaway MD4 Chrome 52 Modus 105
[b]SAND[/b]- Callaway MD4 Chrome 54 Modus 105
[b]LOB[/b]- Callaway MD3 Chrome 58 Modus 105
[b]PUTTER[/b]- Bettinardi Queen Bee #6
[b]BALL[/b]- Callaway Chrome Soft X[/font][/size]

Back spasms keeping him out indefinitely? Back spasms are a way of the body saying stop doing that. Muscles strained, torn, nerve impingement, herniated disc...all start with back spasms. Once back is calmed down there doesn't appear any way to prevent it from constantly being a problem. If he hasn't gotten the back strong enough after all this time it isn't going to happen. It appears nobody since Harmon and Haney have been able to give him a swing that doesn't irritate his back. Relax enjoy your kids, money, and play 9 hole games with your buddies, and use a cart. Now from time to time he hints that Harmon and to a lesser extent Haney were the reasons for his knee and later back problems. As Harmon said it wasn't golf that wrecked his body it was his work in the gym. Haney went further saying his addiction to playing navy seal did more harm than any golf swing. Always laugh about the seals comments on his "training". Did mostly the easy stuff and was cheap beyond belief (guess he didn't buy them popsicles).