2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Wilson Staff.... from zero to hero

nic19

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anybody like that Triton Driver? All I've seen is bad feedback? Crazy how much money they dumped into that show/product and the end result was potentially worse than just engineering one in house...

Madison thought that it was horrid, lol

"Tinny" feel

They tried to give her one and she thanked em though she didn't take it cuz she'd never hit it and told em to give it to someone else.

That's one of the differences tween her and me as I'd take it, rationalize that I might one day hit, throw it in some closet and then have her or Ava find it five years later, lol

Bein a hoarder sorta sucks

Stay well my Friends

RP

Forged-

And you as well..

It appears a wrxer going by the handle 'setter 02' wrote a "response" to my 2017 RH Only comment in the article on Justin Rose tweeting about his Taylor Made ProtoBlade irons.

You should read it. It included them giving a "Negative" rating to me.

Now, just for fun, read the latest Golf Digest magazine-

What's In My Bag article (pg. 38) highlighting LH Golfer, NCAA Team Champion, and PGA Tour winner Cody Gribble...

Read what Gribble says about his LH Blade irons...

When someone gets slammed only for telling the truth....

• 3 weeks later...

Does anybody like that Triton Driver? All I've seen is bad feedback? Crazy how much money they dumped into that show/product and the end result was potentially worse than just engineering one in house...

"Tinny" feel

They tried to give her one and she thanked em though she didn't take it cuz she'd never hit it and told em to give it to someone else.

That's one of the differences tween her and me as I'd take it, rationalize that I might one day hit, throw it in some closet and then have her or Ava find it five years later, lol

Bein a hoarder sorta sucks?

Stay well my Friend?

RP

Forged-

And you as well..

It appears a wrxer going by the handle 'setter 02' wrote a "response" to my 2017 RH Only comment in the article on Justin Rose tweeting about his Taylor Made ProtoBlade irons.

You should read it. It included them giving a "Negative" rating to me.

Now, just for fun, read the latest Golf Digest magazine-

What's In My Bag article (pg. 38) highlighting LH Golfer, NCAA Team Champion, and PGA Tour winner Cody Gribble...

Read what Gribble says about his LH Blade irons...

When someone gets slammed only for telling the truth....

Hey Bro, I hope that all's well?

Yep, I read em and couldn't agree more with ya!!

This is when I thank the Good Lord for both my genes and my early life environment cuz just like you, I don't need affirmation or confirmation when I speak or write/my opinions and thoughts.

They are what they are and if one agrees, great, and if they don't?

Who gives a shat cuz I sure don't and I know that you don't, haha

Genes and environment Bro!!

We don't realize just how fortunate we were??

Have a great weekend?

RIchard

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

"Tinny" feel

Bein a hoarder sorta sucks

Stay well my Friends

RP

When I went to the Farmer's earlier this year I followed Streelman around for a few holes and he was gaming it then (not sure about now). Honestly it didn't sound that bad.

Mizuno ST Max 230 10.5* - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 15/18 - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 22 - LinQ Blue 75F4

Mizuno JPX 923 Tour 5-P  DG120 S300

Vokey SM9 50/54/60 - DGS200

Mizuno M-Craft II

CSX   

"Tinny" feel

Bein a hoarder sorta sucks?

Stay well my Friends?

RP

When I went to the Farmer's earlier this year I followed Streelman around for a few holes and he was gaming it then (not sure about now). Honestly it didn't sound that bad.

Auditory responses are an individual thing because what feels "tinny" to one may not feel the same to another, and that's not even taking into consideration that the definition of "tinny" is itself an individualistic subjective one at that.

Also, how a club sounds to one standing off to the side listening is often different than if one is sanding over the club and swinging it.

Like everything in this game, feel, be it auditory or physical, is an individual sense and why I've always swung the clubs that went in my bag versus along others about them.

Stay well and thanks for responding?

My Best,

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Speaking of Wilson staff... look at this beauty I found recently.

108c7dee863e1e28d7e5390b6df7fd28.jpg

I've been playing the FG-62s for the past year and a half. Love them! Every time I think about changing irons, I just grab a stick from the bag and look down at the head from address, and think how crazy I would be to change from such perfection! ;)

I do wish the FG TOUR 100s were available for us lefties. However, the release of the newer milled 8802 in lefty has me holding out hope that a new lefty blade iron is in my future!

It's all I have left, since Hogan folded :(

TCJ-

Nice 8802 pickup.

The Wilson Golf folks never said why they chose NOT to include a LH model of the FG Tour 100s..

Well, the rep stopped by today to give Madison a few clubs to hit, the 100 and V6 4i, 6i & 9i in each set, with her preferred shafts in em.

He also gave her some hats and visors for me, lol

Ya see, I've been beeatchin for years about the cheesy hats that they have at retail in the domestic market-

Those sorry *** painter' shats that Ricky runs around in??

Seriously???

GTFOH ;)

#1, ya can't find any Staff hats at any of the big boxes in town, with the only store carrying anything, and it's those damn painter's hats, is discount sporting goods store, Dunham's, whos club inventory consists of two year old iron releases and 2015/16 drivers and metals . #2, those hats are uglier than shat ;)

Ricky was the man at Staff at the time. He shouldn't have worn those rags and he sure as hell shouldn't have done those stupid *** "Seriously" ads.

Are those the ads that a company runs that been in the bags of SIXTY-ONE MAJOR WINNERS???

In the bags of Sarazen, The Haig, Sam, Arnold Palmer, Sir Nick(Screw Mizzy, Staff had the best customs department on earth next to Mac and Nick hated Mac-> See Curtis, lmao! Mizzy?? GTFOH), Ben, John and Vijay, to name but a few-

So in '12, I'm rockin the 59's irons with the Mizzy 11 wedges, big tournament with Madison, and I always wore a Mizzy hat or visor but I also Played their irons and wedges and so the day before our tourney I'm driving around town trying to find a Staff hat/visor.

Nothing-

Dunham's had a couple of black S/M painter's hats that gave me a headache just standing there trying them on. So I rationalized that since I was Playing Mizzy wedges I could wear the visor and hat, lol.

But boy was I pissed, lol

I let the rep know it, lmao

Told him he had legendary blades but was part of a Mickey Mouse organization that just sucked and was a disgrace to its History Legacy and the Legend that was Staff, lol

Sometimes I get carried away

Well, Pgh sold 6 sets of of 62 blades that year and 8 sets of the V2's and all of the blades and 4 of the 6 V2's came out of my range-

And their dealer program/fitting process sucked too, lol.

I figured that I'd earned the right to beeatch

Well, they've started to turn the corner, starting with their display set-up and their fitting program, though they've got a ways to go.

STAFF has what no other OEM has and money cannot buy-

The History...

The Tradition...

The Legend...

The Legacy...

61 Majors...

FF to today and after he dropped off the irons to Madison he came back in with a box and told her to please give it to me, haha

Now THESE look like a Player's Hat/Visor. A cool little piece is the "61" on a little plastic tab on the back Velcro strap-

SIXTY-ONE FRIGGIN MAJORS!!

That's the Stuff of Legends and a whole lotta History & Tradition!!

Seriously

Oh, and he noticed that I live in my light blue Mizzy cap and so he included one-

Thanks again Blink!!!

It's my favorite Bro

LMAO, the Stones rep was in also and I don't know why, but he gave Maddie this bucket rain hat and it's cool as hell, lol

Haha, today was a good day!!

Stay Well My Friends

Fairways Greens & STAFF 4ever️️

RP

Forged-

Glad Wilson Staff never left you..

These are such great photos of the FG 59 Tour Blades, and the FG 100 Tour Forged .....

RH ONLY....

Well, the rep stopped by today to give Madison a few clubs to hit, the 100 and V6 4i, 6i & 9i in each set, with her preferred shafts in em.

He also gave her some hats and visors for me, lol

Ya see, I've been beeatchin for years about the cheesy hats that they have at retail in the domestic market-

Those sorry *** painter' shats that Ricky runs around in??

Seriously???

GTFOH ;)

#1, ya can't find any Staff hats at any of the big boxes in town, with the only store carrying anything, and it's those damn painter's hats, is discount sporting goods store, Dunham's, whos club inventory consists of two year old iron releases and 2015/16 drivers and metals . #2, those hats are uglier than shat ;)

Ricky was the man at Staff at the time. He shouldn't have worn those rags and he sure as hell shouldn't have done those stupid *** "Seriously" ads.

Are those the ads that a company runs that been in the bags of SIXTY-ONE MAJOR WINNERS???

In the bags of Sarazen, The Haig, Sam, Arnold Palmer, Sir Nick(Screw Mizzy, Staff had the best customs department on earth next to Mac and Nick hated Mac-> See Curtis, lmao! Mizzy?? GTFOH?), Ben, John and Vijay, to name but a few-

So in '12, I'm rockin the 59's irons with the Mizzy 11 wedges, big tournament with Madison, and I always wore a Mizzy hat or visor but I also Played their irons and wedges and so the day before our tourney I'm driving around town trying to find a Staff hat/visor.

Nothing-

Dunham's had a couple of black S/M painter's hats that gave me a headache just standing there trying them on. So I rationalized that since I was Playing Mizzy wedges I could wear the visor and hat, lol.

But boy was I pissed, lol

I let the rep know it, lmao

Told him he had legendary blades but was part of a Mickey Mouse organization that just sucked and was a disgrace to its History Legacy and the Legend that was Staff, lol

Sometimes I get carried away

Well, Pgh sold 6 sets of of 62 blades that year and 8 sets of the V2's and all of the blades and 4 of the 6 V2's came out of my range-

And their dealer program/fitting process sucked too, lol.

I figured that I'd earned the right to beeatch?

Well, they've started to turn the corner, starting with their display set-up and their fitting program, though they've got a ways to go.

STAFF has what no other OEM has and money cannot buy-

The History...

The Tradition...

The Legend...

The Legacy...

61 Majors...

FF to today and after he dropped off the irons to Madison he came back in with a box and told her to please give it to me, haha

Now THESE look like a Player's Hat/Visor. A cool little piece is the "61" on a little plastic tab on the back Velcro strap-

SIXTY-ONE FRIGGIN MAJORS!!

That's the Stuff of Legends and a whole lotta History & Tradition!!

Seriously?

Oh, and he noticed that I live in my light blue Mizzy cap and so he included one-

Thanks again Blink!!!

It's my favorite Bro?

LMAO, the Stones rep was in also and I don't know why, but he gave Maddie this bucket rain hat and it's cool as hell, lol

Haha, today was a good day!!

Stay Well My Friends?

Fairways Greens & STAFF 4ever?

RP

Forged-

Glad Wilson Staff never left you..

These are such great photos of the FG 59 Tour Blades, and the FG 100 Tour Forged .....

RH ONLY....

It's gotta be a numbers game Rex-

Hell, as I've said before, the only Staff blade that I sold outa my range was the deeply discounted 62's, lol, and I pushed the hell out of Staff and did sell some of the V4's, and I'll tell ya what, they've got the Tour V4's goin for $399.96 at Rock Bottom and there ain't no way there's $5-600 worth of difference tween those and the 6's.

No friggin way!!

And their V4 Utility 2i is incredible as witnessed by the fact that's it's still in Paddy's and Kevin's bag over the newer model.

For $49.96!!!!!

That's a STEAL!!!

THEY COME IN LEFT HANDED!!!!

Have a great day?

My Best,

RP

I played Wilson's for years and still have them as a spare. When I go to a big box store, Wilson staff irons are usually the ones I pick up. They are an excellent value...

I've never seen Wilson Staff irons in a big box store.

Austad's here carries Wilson Staff

Cobra F8 10.5* UST Attas Coool 7S
Cobra F8 5-6 17* Evenflow Blue 75
Cobra F8 Hybrid 19* Smacwrap
Cobra King Utility 22.5* C-Taper Lite
Ping I210 5-UW PX LZ 6.0
Bridgestone XW-1 56* 60* DG Spinner
Odyssey Strokelab Seven S
Chrome Soft
Clicgear 3.5/Cobra King Ultradry

For those interested about the Triton driver. It sounds "tinny", but worse than tinny is that hollow tinny sound, that's what it sounds like, hollow.

Tried a plethora of shafts, changed the base plate, moved the weights around...ten's of different computations, nothing came up good. Couldn't get a decent flight and the ball wasn't going anywhere in a hurry. Doing this i started to doubt myself, so i would pick up my driver, and bam, just how i like it. So to be nice to Wilson, if i had to use one word for this driver i would say it's an Abortion....gone wrong.

I would love to see what Streelman was using and how modified it may have been.

Ping G410+ Tensei Orange Pro.

Mizuno GT180 shaft as above.

Adams 3H  Aldila Blue.

Wilson FG100 4i-PW.

Wilson PMP 52/56/60

Putters....too many.

Fancy-

"Failure?--Those weren't failures, those were just ideas that didn't work!"

---Thomas Edison

At the very least, Wilson attempted to make a club for you to play with.

Your FG Tour 100 Forged avatar speaks volumes about the Wilson Staff tradition for you and Forged(Richard).

but not even offering a LH FG Tour 100 Forged iron model, Wilson threw their 100 year tradition in the dumpster.

...and for what?.

Gene's Sand Wedge, Willies 1 iron, Sam's "Fluid Feel" Dynapower, Bulletbacks, Buttonbacks, Adjustabacks, the "Staff", Tour Blades, FGs... The RM series, the X31s, the DBAP...8802, 8813..

As if to say the above irons never existed in a LH model.

Ben R,Cary, Julius, Billy, Hale, Jerry, Tom, Ben, Payne, Russ, Bob, Ernie, Bernhard, and Vijay, to say nothing of Patty, Mickey, Kathy, Sally, Betsy, Beth and....

Goodness knows all those Wilson Staffers not mentioned..

"..all in 3 ring binders....you need to have a contract..."

...."It was a corporate decision..."

How much did tradition cost?

V4s? V5s? V6s?

Sorry, wrong numbers....

No LH FG Tour 100s?.

Still Zero.

Anyone ever tried the 8802 Milled? I'm looking into blade putters and this has come up as an option in my search. I just haven't found one in person to play with yet.

Had 1 since they were reintroduced. Used it in place of the JD Spider Friday. Weight feels good, slightly head heavy and told the ball very smooth. Great underrated putter for sure.

I was in the market for a set of V6's but the website and the customer service are so sketchy that I decided to go in another direction. Also, if you want any shaft or grip upgrades at all, it knocks the price up to the same as any other premium club. If you like Dynamic Gold shafts, you're in luck. If not, too bad for you. Figuring anything out from their website is impossible...in fact, it doesn't even list any spec's at all!?

Anyone ever tried the 8802 Milled? I'm looking into blade putters and this has come up as an option in my search. I just haven't found one in person to play with yet.

Having Played The 8802 for 32-33 of the past 36 years through 2012, and having all of the Staff 8802 or similar designed releases since then, I was a tad skeptical when the rep told Madison back in late '13 that I was gonna love this soon to be released rendition. Well, he gave me, actually he gave it to Madison, and though I haven't had a chance to use it on the course, I have used it on the practice green up at the club along with thousands of putts in the hospital, lol

Mr. Palmer even putted with it and was pleasantly surprised as he said that he didn't really care for the Mendrella releases though he like the milling(actually double milled), the slightly heavier head(335gr to 330gr) and its slightly larger face/head(see nickel test below). I've got 3 Napas, one a T and the other the '06 LE, As I've said elsewhere, since Madison got my 8802 signed by Mr. Palmer, this is the putter that sits in my bag, lol.

And sits.....

And sits......

Anyhoo, it's sweet and it more than holds its own against the similar designs that run 3-4 times its cost as I have a few of those and much prefer the 8802.

The 8802 can be gotten for well below its MSRP and at that number is a friggin steal!!

Have a nice week Gals & Gents?

My Best?

RP

I was in the market for a set of V6's but the website and the customer service are so sketchy that I decided to go in another direction. Also, if you want any shaft or grip upgrades at all, it knocks the price up to the same as any other premium club. If you like Dynamic Gold shafts, you're in luck. If not, too bad for you. Figuring anything out from their website is impossible...in fact, it doesn't even list any spec's at all!?

My Rep in Chicago (Wilson home office) wants to talk with you. I can get his number and pm you if you like.

Callaway XR16 Fuji 60
TM M2 3 wood
King Cobra F6 5 wood
Titleist 816 H1 21 hybrid
Wilson Staff V6 Forged 5-GW
Mizuno T7 56
Evnroll ER1

Having Played The 8802 for 32-33 of the past 36 years through 2012, and having all of the Staff 8802 or similar designed releases since then, I was a tad skeptical when the rep told Madison back in late '13 that I was gonna love this soon to be released rendition. Well, he gave me, actually he gave it to Madison, and though I haven't had a chance to use it on the course, I have used it on the practice green up at the club along with thousands of putts in the hospital, lol

Mr. Palmer even putted with it and was pleasantly surprised as he said that he didn't really care for the Mendrella releases though he like the milling(actually double milled), the slightly heavier head(335gr to 330gr) and its slightly larger face/head(see nickel test below). I've got 3 Napas, one a T and the other the '06 LE, As I've said elsewhere, since Madison got my 8802 signed by Mr. Palmer, this is the putter that sits in my bag, lol.

And sits.....

And sits......

Anyhoo, it's sweet and it more than holds its own against the similar designs that run 3-4 times its cost as I have a few of those and much prefer the 8802.

The 8802 can be gotten for well below its MSRP and at that number is a friggin steal!!

My Best?

RP

Forged-

Am glad you got Arnold Palmer RIP to sign your 8802....

Arnie said Ben Hogan never once called him by his first name...Ever.

And sits.....

And sits......

My Best?

RP

Forged-

I never spoke to Mr. Palmer about that as a lot of our interactions were either short ones, "hi, how are ya" at my father's office or when I did get to Play with him there were others around and while the topics were usually golf related, they never touched on Hogan though it's funny cuz we knew that he didn't care for Hogan and this guy at the club absolutely worshipped Hogan, naming his one son's middle name "Benjamin," after him and he was ready to ask Mr. Palmer if he considered Hogan the best ever.

I was like "WT...., you don't ask a guy as competitive and as highly thought of in the game as Mr. Palmer that kinda question." Seriously, some people are just friggin clueless and this guy was the poster child, lol

However I had a lot of "quiet" time and one on one time with Sam and I was truely amazed that he actually looked up to Hogan a little bit, maybe like a lil Bro to a big Bro does, which I couldn't understand and asked Pete about it cuz Hogan was much "frostier" to Sam than he was to Mr. Palmer and said quiet a few demeaning comments in the press about him, however Sam would laugh em off and say that he was tryin to make Sam a better Player.

Pete didn't buy that and he didn't really care for Hogan as he agreed with me that while Hogan was a Champion, he was a dick to both Sam and Mr. Palmer.

This is an aside that has nothing to do with anything though It's kinda funny because Mr. Palmer told me about 12-13 years ago that I could address him as "Arnold((this is how Madison addressed him)" or "Arnie(I can't see addressing an adult male by "ie," such as Arnie, Richie, Paulie, etc, lmao) though there are two Gents that both said this in my adult life however I never felt comfortable addressing either one of them by their first names and one was Mr. Palmer and the other was my father's Partner, who is the only doc that I've ever addressed as "Doctor."

I remember when Pete told me in my mid-20's to address him as "Pete" and not "Mr. Snead" I was uncomfortable so for a few years till I was around 30ish, I called him "Mr. Pete," lol. Same with Sam though I was in my late 30's when I started to address him as "Sam."

Apologies as this has nothing to do with anything it's just sitting here thinking about em all it came across my mind, lol

I'm kinda strange??

Have a great day Bro?

My Best,

RP

And sits.....

And sits......

Have a nice week Gals & Gents

My Best

RP

Forged-

I never spoke to Mr. Palmer about that as a lot of our interactions were either short ones, "hi, how are ya" at my father's office or when I did get to Play with him there were others around and while the topics were usually golf related, they never touched on Hogan though it's funny cuz we knew that he didn't care for Hogan and this guy at the club absolutely worshipped Hogan, naming his one son's middle name "Benjamin," after him and he was ready to asked Mr. Palmer if he considered Hogan the best ever.

I was like "WT...., you don't ask a guy as competitive and as highly thought of in the game as Mr. Palmer that kinda question." Seriously, some people are just friggin clueless and this guy was the poster child, lol

However I had a lot of "quiet" time and one on one time with Sam and I was truely amazed that he actually looked up to Hogan a little bit, maybe like a lil Bro to a big Bro does, which I couldn't understand and asked Pete about it cuz Hogan was much "frostier" to Sam than he was to Mr. Palmer and said quiet a few demeaning comments in the press about him, however Sam would laugh em off and say that he was tryin to make Sam a better Player.

Pete didn't buy that and he didn't really care for Hogan as he agreed with me that while Hogan was a Champion, he was a dick to both Sam and Mr. Palmer.

This is an aside that has nothing to do with anything though It's kinda funny because Mr. Palmer told me about 12-13 years ago that I could address him as "Arnold((this is how Madison addressed him)" or "Arnie(I can't see addressing an adult male by "ie," such as Arnie, Richie, Paulie, etc, lmao) though there are two Gents that both said this in my adult life however I never felt comfortable addressing either one of them by their first names and one was Mr. Palmer and the other was my father's Partner, who is the only doc that I've ever addressed as "Doctor."

I remember when Pete told me in my mid-20's to address him as "Pete" and not "Mr. Snead" I was uncomfortable so for a few years till I was around 30ish, I called him "Mr. Pete," lol. Same with Sam though I was in my late 30's when I started to address him as "Sam."

Apologies as this has nothing to do with anything it's just sitting here thinking about em all it came across my mind, lol

I'm kinda strange

Have a great day Bro

My Best,

RP

Forged-

And you as well....

The Wilson set is coming along nicely...

Don't call it a comeback... we been here fo years....

Seriously though. Since FG Tour they were back in quality. Now people are hearing them. Took time. Great sticks. Especially the forged irons.

Ping G430 10k - 9* - Ventus TR Black 6x

Callaway Apex UW - 19* - Ventus Black 7x

PXG 0311P Gen6 - 5i-GW - DG x100

Vokey SM9 - 52.12F, 56.14F - DG x100ss

Vokey SM9 - 60.08M - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0

Callaway PM Grind 64 - KBS C-Taper 130x

L.A.B Link.1
Callaway Chrome Soft X LS
Best Grips Perforated Leather
Vessel Player III - Citrine/White/Black (Riding)
Vessel VLS DXR - Grey/Orange (Walking/half-bag)

Here are some specs and stuff

baa43fd80202a3aac9bd6940b4b45a34.jpg13c728530e43e29b1323a6399be3fe57.jpg2552bad00b04e8607e4f24fa68d377e2.jpg0dd06f55ba38a4a547e238e4d5e62d52.jpg

Now where the h*ll did you find that information?

Mizuno ST Max 230 10.5* - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 15/18 - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 22 - LinQ Blue 75F4

Mizuno JPX 923 Tour 5-P  DG120 S300

Vokey SM9 50/54/60 - DGS200

Mizuno M-Craft II

CSX   

My rep emailed the shaft info to me while I was making my decision on my V6 irons.

The spec info is copied from another thread that a member received via a tweet from his rep.

My rep is in the home office in Chicago and is well aware of what we have been discussing. I actually invited him to join in the conversation. We'll see.

He did appreciate the feedback. I believe he is talking with the member above ( Jordan S ) to answer any questions he has. I sent him my reps info after I read his post above via pm and he said he would make contact.

Hope the info has helped you.

Callaway XR16 Fuji 60
TM M2 3 wood
King Cobra F6 5 wood
Mizuno T7 56
Evnroll ER1

Don't call it a comeback... we been here fo years....

Seriously though. Since FG Tour they were back in quality. Now people are hearing them. Took time. Great sticks. Especially the forged irons.

Couldn't agree more-

Their Tour blades have always been at the top of the mountain and while their Player CB's were hit or miss, they've been grand slams since the FG Tour series was introduced.

Stay well?

RP

I got outa the hospital and tagged along with Madison and her Bud Paige while they did a clinic and I messed around on the practice Greens with the new double milled 8802 and my 8843. The 8843 seems to suit my eye better(literally as I only have vision outa my right eye, lol) in address as there is less metal framing the ball, which, just as with my irons, I prefer.

It was nice to get out even if it was just a practice green, lol

Have a nice day/evening Gals & Gents?

Fairways & Greens 4ever My Friends

RP

My rep emailed the shaft info to me while I was making my decision on my V6 irons.

The spec info is copied from another thread that a member received via a tweet from his rep.

My rep is in the home office in Chicago and is well aware of what we have been discussing. I actually invited him to join in the conversation. We'll see.

He did appreciate the feedback. I believe he is talking with the member above ( Jordan S ) to answer any questions he has. I sent him my reps info after I read his post above via pm and he said he would make contact.

I did have a pleasant conversation with Mike. Thank you for that. He seems like a committed fellow who wants to get things right at Wilson Golf. He assured me that they're all very serious about what they're doing and actually seemed to take it personally that I thought they weren't. That by itself is a good sign. I take his word for it but, in 2017, it's a pretty big fail not to have any useful information about your marquee product on its own web page. It doesn't even say what kind of shaft and grip comes as the only stock option. There are no stock "options", only custom upgrades with upcharges, but how would you know? They're selling a high end players iron in their V6. What player do you know that isn't interested in the shafts and grips on their irons? Sadly, that's too much trouble for lots of buyers who'd rather see more evidence of that commitment. It's hard to imagine that nobody in the company thought that might be a good idea. This is a great club. I've hit them and like them a lot but I don't want to buy them and spend the next month working on them to get them "right" when I can start out that way with a Mizuno or Ping, for instance. People like to be confident about a company when they're forking over a grand for something...just the way it is. I'll end up with a set of V6's eventually, just probably not this year. I'll probably wait until I can find a set of heads.

The spec info is copied from another thread that a member received via a tweet from his rep

I just snagged a new set of 4-G on eBay for $500.. I'm don't think I could have done any better. I won't feel bad about changing out the shafts if necessary.

I did have a pleasant conversation with Mike. Thank you for that. He seems like a committed fellow who wants to get things right at Wilson Golf. He assured me that they're all very serious about what they're doing and actually seemed to take it personally that I thought they weren't. That by itself is a good sign. I take his word for it but, in 2017, it's a pretty big fail not to have any useful information about your marquee product on its own web page. It doesn't even say what kind of shaft and grip comes as the only stock option. There are no stock "options", only custom upgrades with upcharges, but how would you know? They're selling a high end players iron in their V6. What player do you know that isn't interested in the shafts and grips on their irons? Sadly, that's too much trouble for lots of buyers who'd rather see more evidence of that commitment. It's hard to imagine that nobody in the company thought that might be a good idea. This is a great club. I've hit them and like them a lot but I don't want to buy them and spend the next month working on them to get them "right" when I can start out that way with a Mizuno or Ping, for instance. People like to be confident about a company when they're forking over a grand for something...just the way it is. I'll end up with a set of V6's eventually, just probably not this year. I'll probably wait until I can find a set of heads.

Very Nicely put!!

I've been saying for years that the Irons, from the C & D series to the FG Tours and FG blades can match up with any iron out there, though I can only use Mizzy as a barometer and those 59's are finer than any Mizzy Blade that I Played from 1987 on, including the 87's(grossly overrated in my view), 33's and 68's, all that I bagged, with only the 14's being on par with them.

Their troops on the ground are great guys and give it all that they've got-

Their senior management is a joke-

I'm not going to go into a rant here as I've said it before all over the board however they should thank whatever God that they believe in that they were left such a legacy as the Staff FG blade because if it was anything short of the Iconic iron with the lineage that it has, there would be no Staff if based solely off of their performance.

My saying for years has been that they could screw up a you know what but they can't screw up a Staff blade-

Seriously ;)

Excellent post Bro!!

Do give em a try some day and if any of you wanna hit a blade that'll go toe to toe with Mizzy 4's or 5's, hit the 100's-

If you wanna hit a blade that will make you weep in ecstasy when ya flush one, find yourself a set of 59's!!

And for God sakes, I realize that money's tight, however please give Rex and the southpaws some friggin clubs!!

Oh, and if any of you bag a heel shafted blade, the '14 8802 is a phenomenal putter. I like it much better than any of my Napas, with the only modern blade close being the Cally Black Series Tour Design #8. I really liked the YES Callie however this 8802 has a nice "pop" off the face, and I'd take it over anything I've got cept for my Staff 8843 and possibly my Mac Ironmaster Model 600.

As always, this is just my .03 worth?

Thank you very much RF for all of the specs!!

Stay well Gals & Gents?

My Best?

RP

The spec info is copied from another thread that a member received via a tweet from his rep

I just snagged a new set of 4-G on eBay for $500.. I'm don't think I could have done any better. I won't feel bad about changing out the shafts if necessary.

Well done. I'm looking for some 100's to maybe split up the set.

Wilson?!!

Why not offer a combo set? Come on Mike, I know you're reading this! Lol.

Now if only I can find the specs on the 100's.

Callaway XR16 Fuji 60
TM M2 3 wood
King Cobra F6 5 wood
Mizuno T7 56
Evnroll ER1