2024 The Ascendant WITB Photos ×

Tiger Arrested For DUI (NO POLITICS, RELIGION, PERSONAL ATTACKS, ...)

donuts

My point about the lack of alcohol (and severity of this all), is that assuming he took the meds in good conscience then that is TOTALLY different.

If he was trying to get hammered (high) off his meds, then yes, it would be on par with someone getting loaded up on vodka and drinking and driving.

If he was taking meds as prescribed - or even if he took the meds a little over the limit but wasn't necesarily trying to get stoned - to me that isn't nearly as egregious of an act.

In other words if he was taking the meds and not trying to get stoned on them, I just don't think it's as egregious of an ordeal.

And trust me, I am no Tiger fanboy. I have been very critical of him and don't tow the whole "He's the greatest, period" crap so many give him credit for.

The offense of driving under the influence, or DUI, typically relates to alcohol intoxication. But alcohol is just one of countless substances that can impair one's ability to operate a motor vehicle. Driving under the influence of drugs -- including prescription medications as well as illegal drugs -- can also result in DUI charges.

Mixing drugs and driving, whether it's medicinal marijuana or legally prescribed muscle relaxers, is just as illegal as driving drunk and can also constitute a DUI offense. Doctor's orders are no defense to drugged driving charges.

So now someone is claiming he was smoking drugs?

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Um...yeah, it kinda is "how it works".

Millions of people take prescription medication daily and drive without problems.

Millions of people have a beer or drink after work and drive home without problems.

http://seniordriving...on-use-driving/

I am missing the point of your link. Are you trying to say that link says taking meds and driving is illegal? If so, that's hardly the case.

Interpret the link as you wish. It doesn't change the fact that driving while under the influence of certain prescription medications is reckless, irresponsible, selfish and extremely dangerous!

Legal or illegal, someone that dies as a result of driving while under the influence of prescription drugs is no less dead than someone who dies as a result of driving under the influence of alcohol. But keep justifying terrible behavior and decision making.

If you'll read this thread(only about two pages back), you'll find my opinion to be to the contrary...but think what you like. The argument was over whether it was in fact, against the law to take medications and drive. That is not illegal. Driving while impaired is. Medications do not automatically qualify you as impaired.

Since the "cop" you sit beside at work is filtering you information, I thought I would offer some insight into my information.

My brother has been a police officer in a major eastern-seaboard city for 15 years. He holds a BS in Criminal Justice (2002) and a Masters in Criminal Justice (2005). He also holds numerous certifications pertaining to a wide range of drug detection and intervention. He is currently a certified training officer since 2011. He was also awarded the city's top honor for his actions in the line of duty following a hostage incident in 2009. Furthermore, my father-in-law has been a pharmacist since 1964. In chatting with both this morning about this topic, I came away with the following conclusions.

It isn't illegal to possess or ingest prescription medications nor is it illegal to operate a motor vehicle while doing so. However, if any prescription medications are not being ingested in accordance with the instructions of the prescribing medical professional, in other words, if they are being abused, it is not only illegal to ingest any prescription medication in an abusive fashion it is also illegal to operate a motor vehicle while abusing prescription medications. That's assuming the medications are legally prescribed in the first place which is a whole different set of felony offenses.

Given Tiger's condition at the time of arrest, it isn't unfair to assume the possibility of abuse of prescription medication. Thus making his actions illegal!

Again, I am done being bogged down in the minutia and semantics of this topic. Have a wonderful day!

Several shoppers said Smith "went crazy," saying, "I knew it, I knew it," the Web site said.

Smith then reportedly began crying, bought $5,000 worth of merchandise and left the store.

So it was a booty call and Tiger is now $5000 poorer. I wonder which store she hit next with his Master card.

Be careful, I got a warning for using the B word yesterday

TMZ's sources were already proven wrong once. The quotes about his girlfriend are likely bull too.

They absolutely can...it's basic pharmacodynamics. If you have a specific blood alcohol level at time X, it's not difficult to extrapolate what your BAL was at time X minus Y.

http://dui.findlaw.com/dui-arrests/alcohol-metabolism-rate-and-your-dui.html

Not sure what you're trying to prove here. The article you quoted is talking primarily about alcohol absorption rates, not metabolism rate.

Cobra LTDx LS 9*
TaylorMade Sim2 Max 3W
TaylorMade Sim2 Max 3H
TaylorMade P-790 4-PW
Titleist Vokey SM5 52

Titleist Vokey SM8 56
Titleist Vokey SM7 60
Scotty Cameron Select Fastback 2

Man the excuse making apologist are in full force! I love it.

"I was in California golfing!" Just a normal reaction to medicine. You never know how it might effect you. You might think you were on the opposite coast of the country performing a task that you are physically incapable of but really no harm, no foul. seriosuly, Tiger can't be expected to take these medications responsibly. The whole thing is a crap shoot really.

Mr woods was asleep behind the wheel of a running car at 3AM, He was unable to follow simple instructions, lacked required motor skills to be able lift his foot 6 inches off the ground and remain in balance,He didn't know where he was, and asked the cop how far away from home he was- --- Oh Basic, normal reaction to pain meds. trust me, I know people on pain meds

THIS is why tiger controversies are so delicious. Not about TW, It's not about celebrating another public embarrasment, it's watching in stunned amusement the insane lengths guys will go to defend him in the face of the indefensible.

If you're going to load up on these medications because you need them for pain management, fine. That is not license to do whatever you want, to be totally irresponsible. He`s a 41 year old man who`s had 4 serious back surgeries, if there`s a guy who should understand how pain medications effect him, it`s this guy.

I mean, it couldn't possibly have been a mistake, right? He couldn't possibly have taken these pills together 1000 times before, and now it so happens he took two of one of them and none of another, or a similar scenario - I mean that is just absurd. It certainly isn't possible he took them with some extra blueberries in his smoothie and it threw the whole cocktail out of whack, I mean, no way. And even if he did, it's his own mistake and he's a selfish goon!!!! Am I right or am I right?

They absolutely can...it's basic pharmacodynamics. If you have a specific blood alcohol level at time X, it's not difficult to extrapolate what your BAL was at time X minus Y.

http://dui.findlaw.c...d-your-dui.html

Not sure what you're trying to prove here. The article you quoted is talking primarily about alcohol absorption rates, not metabolism rate.

The article mentions the burn off rate of .016 per hour so I posted it to support your statement of being able to extrapolate a persons BAC from a certain point in time.

Mizuno ST Max 230 10.5* - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 15/18 - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 22 - LinQ Blue 75F4

Mizuno JPX 923 Tour 5-P  DG120 S300

Vokey SM9 50/54/60 - DGS200

Mizuno M-Craft II

CSX   

who needs doctors, lawyers and police officers as friends when you have WRX???

and here I thought you guys just gave bad golf advice

Ping G400 Max AD IZ 6s
2016 TI M2 HL AD IZ 7s
M2 4h AD DI 8s
Ping G400 5hy ADDI 9s
718 TMB 6-Gap Modus 130s
Scratch 53 Modus 125
Scratch 57 Modus 125
PXG 03x 60* Modus 125

Scotty Cameron Custom 009 HHH

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/982109-joes-witb-set-for-2014-update-2015/#entry10682349"]WITB Link[/url]

Hey Tom. I'll have him contact you today. He doesn't have much going on today so you should hear from him pretty soon..

This is turning into a very bizzare thread. We have two going on and both are getting hard to follow. Personally I've grown tired of the Tiger meds back and forth. The other thread, the smartest man in the world(who also happens to be a good golfer that almost died) has really got me on the edge. I do hope Tiger finds the time to make that call.

Hey Tom. I'll have him contact you today. He doesn't have much going on today so you should hear from him pretty soon..

This is turning into a very bizzare thread. We have two going on and both are getting hard to follow. Personally I've grown tired of the Tiger meds back and forth. The other thread, the smartest man in the world(who also happens to be a good golfer that almost died) has really got me on the edge. I do hope Tiger finds the time to make that call.

Hey according to the OP in the other thread, that guy is "no dumby"

Mizuno M-Craft II

CSX   

0.000 folks, that's all you need to know. Story over, go on with your life.

If the car was PARKED (as stated in the police report) then TW is 100% not guilty of DUI. He wasn't driving.

You'd think. But most jurisdictions don't agree. Especially if the keys are in the ignition or accessible to the driver.

A parked running vehicle is considered operating a motor vehicle pretty much everywhere.

Sleeping it off in your car is risky. Better off finding a park bench or bus stop bench.

This thread sets an all time low for Golfwrx. This site is teetering on the brink of what the old BombSquadGolf used to be.

Yes, it is starting to resemble today's media.

This is probably the truest statement I'll read all day. No one knows anything. It's just speculation. We don't know what he was taking, how it affected him or if a doctor changed his meds and he didn't anticipate how he would react. The exuberance to tar and feather this guy is at a fevered pitch. The defense of him is also misguided. He should not have been behind the wheel. That is the entire crux of it. Everything else is just noise.

who needs doctors, lawyers and police officers as friends when you have WRX???

and here I thought you guys just gave bad golf advice

Evidently we have many talents Joey. Experts in everything.

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

If the car was PARKED (as stated in the police report) then TW is 100% not guilty of DUI. He wasn't driving.

If the car is running even if it's parked you can still get a DUI. I personally know someone it happened to. They decided they shouldn't drive but it was winter so they ran the car for heat and went to sleep. Cop woke him up and he got a DWI a few hours later.

I can only wish I was as perfect as some of you.

FFS, this thread is a mess.

Keep trying!

Mizuno M-Craft II

CSX   

The article mentions the burn off rate of .016 per hour so I posted it to support your statement of being able to extrapolate a persons BAC from a certain point in time.

Right, that's the metabolism rate. It varies based on weight and some other factors (like the amount of alcohol dehydrogenase enzyme in your blood).

It's not difficult to estimate one's BAC from, say, an hour or two ago if you have a non-zero BAC level drawn at a specific time.

Cobra LTDx LS 9*
TaylorMade Sim2 Max 3W
TaylorMade Sim2 Max 3H
TaylorMade P-790 4-PW
Titleist Vokey SM5 52

Titleist Vokey SM8 56
Titleist Vokey SM7 60
Scotty Cameron Select Fastback 2

My point about the lack of alcohol (and severity of this all), is that assuming he took the meds in good conscience then that is TOTALLY different.

If he was trying to get hammered (high) off his meds, then yes, it would be on par with someone getting loaded up on vodka and drinking and driving.

If he was taking meds as prescribed - or even if he took the meds a little over the limit but wasn't necesarily trying to get stoned - to me that isn't nearly as egregious of an act.

In other words if he was taking the meds and not trying to get stoned on them, I just don't think it's as egregious of an ordeal.

And trust me, I am no Tiger fanboy. I have been very critical of him and don't tow the whole "He's the greatest, period" crap so many give him credit for.

The offense of driving under the influence, or DUI, typically relates to alcohol intoxication. But alcohol is just one of countless substances that can impair one's ability to operate a motor vehicle. Driving under the influence of drugs -- including prescription medications as well as illegal drugs -- can also result in DUI charges.

Mixing drugs and driving, whether it's medicinal marijuana or legally prescribed muscle relaxers, is just as illegal as driving drunk and can also constitute a DUI offense. Doctor's orders are no defense to drugged driving charges.

Uhhh, Officer, as best I can tell it is NOT illegal to take medication and drive. Every brain chemistry is different and - people please correct me if I'm wrong - you CAN take prescription medication and drive legally.

Cleveland Launcher DTS 9*
Exotics CB 13*
Ping i3 17*

Callaway Steelhead 3 20*

Nickent 3DX 23*26*29*
MacGregor VIP V-Foil 1025 C - 7-PW
Ping Eye2 51*57.5*
Seemore WGP
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1013287-my-v-foils/"]WITB Link[/url]

"I was in California golfing!" Just a normal reaction to medicine. You never know how it might effect you. You might think you were on the opposite coast of the country performing a task that you are physically incapable of but really no harm, no foul. seriosuly, Tiger can't be expected to take these medications responsibly. The whole thing is a crap shoot really.

Mr woods was asleep behind the wheel of a running car at 3AM, He was unable to follow simple instructions, lacked required motor skills to be able lift his foot 6 inches off the ground and remain in balance,He didn't know where he was, and asked the cop how far away from home he was- --- Oh Basic, normal reaction to pain meds. trust me, I know people on pain meds

THIS is why tiger controversies are so delicious. Not about TW, It's not about celebrating another public embarrasment, it's watching in stunned amusement the insane lengths guys will go to defend him in the face of the indefensible.

If you're going to load up on these medications because you need them for pain management, fine. That is not license to do whatever you want, to be totally irresponsible. He`s a 41 year old man who`s had 4 serious back surgeries, if there`s a guy who should understand how pain medications effect him, it`s this guy.

I am seeing a number of people that are usually critical of TW that have sympathy.

Remarkable.

I haven't had experience with friends or family and prescription meds. Except one guy who was a friend of my moms friend. Older guy, ex cop, had an operation and got hooked on oxy very severely.

Seems a lot of people, TW fans or not, have sympathy based on personal experience themselves or with family.

I am president of the TW fan club, but it seems there is a chance he is playing with fire here and maybe on the precipice of a black hole. Hope not, but these drugs seem very dangerous.

I mean, it couldn't possibly have been a mistake, right? He couldn't possibly have taken these pills together 1000 times before, and now it so happens he took two of one of them and none of another, or a similar scenario - I mean that is just absurd. It certainly isn't possible he took them with some extra blueberries in his smoothie and it threw the whole cocktail out of whack, I mean, no way. And even if he did, it's his own mistake and he's a selfish goon!!!! Am I right or am I right?

Thanks man, You demonstrated my point nicely.

Callaway XR Pro Attas Tour SPX X
Taylormade Tour issue 15* V Steel 3 wood
Hybrid undecided
Cobra Amp Cell Pro's (All MB) 4-GW Project X Rifle 6.0
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

Not true. He was operating the car on the roadway. As long as you're messed up on pain meds, you are on the road, and behind the wheel, you've been operating under the influence, whether your car is stopped or moving.

PING G400 MAX driver, 10.5*, Tour 65 shaft
PING K15 3 wood, TFC 149F shaft
PING G15 hybrid, 23*, TFC 149H shaft
PING G400 irons, 5-U, AWT 2.0 steel shafts
PING Eye 2 XG SW and LW, TFC 149I shaft
PING Zing 5 KS stainless steel putter

If the car is running even if it's parked you can still get a DUI. I personally know someone it happened to. They decided they shouldn't drive but it was winter so they ran the car for heat and went to sleep. Cop woke him up and he got a DWI a few hours later.

The car doesn't even need to be running. Even if parked on the side of the road or parking lot with the keys on the floor, you can still get a dui. You need to hide the keys, better yet hide them outside and away from the car. I kid you not.

Zip on alcohol content which is good.

The rest - just not a big deal and media is still trying to make it a lot bigger than it is.

Meds can be tricky and affect people different ways, in different combos and not the same way every time. Guessing he's got that figured out now, message should be received pretty clearly if he had any doubt before.

He'll probably have some legal consequence and move on.

Really no story left here at all.

If he's addicted to pain pills like Prince was, then it's a huge deal. Hopefully that's not the case and if it is the case, hopefully the embarrassing mugshot is a good wakeup call for him that he needs to get rid of the pain pills ASAP.

This has now become a witch hunt, there's no news here. Guy was sleeping in his parked car and blew a 0.00000. The DUI charge won't even stick since he wasn't driving.

Today is a challenging time for TW haterz. They went to sleep last night thinking they had achieved their life-long goal in bringing down the man, only to be greatly disappointed this morning. I can't imagine how badly the haterz must feel right now, it's devastating. If you have any friends or family who are TW haterz (rare for haterz to have friends, but it's happens sometimes) please give them a call right now and make sure they are okay. If they mention any thoughts about suicide then please refer them to a suicide hotline or mental hospital ASAP.