2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Ping G400 Driver, Fairway Woods and Crossovers (Including Bubba's Custom Driver and 3 Wood): Shot at

GolfWRX

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know of a possible release date on the Driver and woods..?

per another poster-

Fitting/demo stuff July 10, in hands and stores July 27

Dang, I was planning on making appt with Ping for a fitting around the 30th, Im going to be 10 days too soon! Does anyone know when you can put in a custom order? Im wondering if you won't be able to order one until the 27th or if they can order it early July to be delivered around the 27th.

Orders can be placed 7/10 with products being available on July 27

PING G410 LST 9* (Weight neutral) - HZRDUS Black 6.5 
PING G410 14.5* LST - Tensei Pro Orange TX 70
PING Blueprint 3-Pw - KBS Tour S+ - Cushin
PING Glide Forged (Ping Man stamps) - 50º/54º/58º - KBS Tour S+ - Cushin
PING PLD Anser "Honey Badger"
Bridgestone Tour B XS

Really interested to see how the crossover plays compared to the current model - I felt the originals had jacked lofts, a little too much offset and sounded like an aluminium baseball bat... but performed really well. I'm about to pull the trigger on a set of i200s and I'm seriously considering holding out to test the crossover 4 iron as it looks like it will blend seamlessly with a much more durable finish too.

Those who have seen these in person, the crossover looks like a lower profile head shape, is this correct?

New Crossover looks radically different at address. Big-time ponder for me. Anyone know what the shaft offerings for the G400 Crossover will be?

Almost looks like a DHY don't you think?!

The old one did. That 4 iron is sexy. I may need one of those because I have some issues with 4-iron height.

14 Pings. Blueprints are incredibly good. Fetch is the most underrated putter on the market. Don't @ me.

Color scheme is bad. Why did they go back to the G10 rust look. Sticking with my all blue G series set-up.

giphy.gif

The weight is the only color on the whole thing...

Thought the shaft was copper too? Looks that way on the crossover. Well if you like a vintage look with new technology. Not knocking the technology at all. I have the G irons, hybrids, wedges and driver. I have been using Ping since the G10 so not a Ping hater. Just underwhelmed with the color scheme. Bubbas driver looks sweet with the color scheme. They should have done something like that for the public release with a color.

That could be, I just assume most will pay the extra $50 and get the premium upgraded shaft. So I apologize!

I do think it would be neat if they did a colorway like Callaway does and let you customize the colors. I'd do a white instead of the pink that Bubba has and I bet it with the Rogue would look sweet.

TBD - G430 Max 15* - 818 H2 19*- Sub 70 Pro 23* - i525 6-U - SM9 54* / 58* / 62*  - F22

New Crossover looks radically different at address. Big-time ponder for me. Anyone know what the shaft offerings for the G400 Crossover will be?

Original Crossover did maybe a bit more, but the G400 still has that Adams-mini-hybrid look. I like that style a great deal, and given Adams's apparent demise, someone has to fill the hole in the market.

Original Crossover did maybe a bit more, but the G400 still has that Adams-mini-hybrid look. I like that style a great deal, and given Adams's apparent demise, someone has to fill the hole in the market.

The current crossover is a solid performer but definitely lacking in looks/feel/sound, this new crossover looks like it could be a great improvement in those areas. If that's the case I will gladly replace mine with the G400 crossover

[color=#0000ff]PING G410+ [/color][color=#ff0000]Project X HZRDUS T1100 Tour Issue 6.5 75g[/color]
[color=#0000FF]PING G410 LST 3W [/color][color=#ff0000]Project X HZRDUS T1100 6.5 85g[/color]
[color=#A9A9A9]Titleist 818H1 2H [/color][color=#ff0000]Fujikura Atmos HB Black Tour Spec 9X[/color]
[color=#A9A9A9]Titleist U510 4i [/color][color=#ff0000]Project X HZRDUS Black Hybrid Tour Issue 6.5 105g[/color]
[color=#808080]Mizuno JPX 919 Forged 5-PW [/color][color=#ff0000]X100 Tour Issue [/color][color=#FF0000]USA Ryder Cup Edition[/color]
[color=#000000]Vokey SM6 Jet Black 50* F Grind [/color][color=#ff0000]X100 Tour Issue USA Ryder Cup Edition[/color]
[color=#000000]Vokey SM6 Jet Black 54* M Grind [/color][color=#ff0000]S400 Tour Issue [/color][color=#FF0000]USA Ryder Cup Edition[/color]
[color=#000000]Vokey SM6 Jet Black 58* K Grind [/color][color=#ff0000]S400 Tour Issue [/color][color=#FF0000]USA Ryder Cup Edition[/color]
[color=#0000CD]Scotty Cameron California Del Mar 35" w/ Super Stroke 2.0 USA Ryder Cup Grip[/color]

The current crossover is a solid performer but definitely lacking in looks/feel/sound, this new crossover looks like it could be a great improvement in those areas. If that's the case I will gladly replace mine with the G400 crossover

Agree. If the new one is less "super-super game improvement long iron" and more "driving iron with additional forgiveness," I'm intrigued.

As others have said, the turbulators aren't even noticeable after a while. I found Callaway's attempt at crown aerodynamics on the XR16 much more distracting.

PING G400 Max 10.5° (+)
PING G430 fairway 18° (F-), Alta CB S
PING G430 hybrid 22° (F-), Alta CB S
PING i530 5-U, DG Mid 115 S300
PING s159 54°-W (bent 52°), 58°-B, DG Mid 115 S300
PING Serene B60
Maxfli Tour Yellow

And just in regards to the color of the shaft on the new Crossover, I think that might not be the new "burnt orange" color, but rather a DI hybrid shaft since they're being built for the pros to play.

TBD - G430 Max 15* - 818 H2 19*- Sub 70 Pro 23* - i525 6-U - SM9 54* / 58* / 62*  - F22

Was hoping we'd be done with turbulators... The only other knock on my G LS is the sound. If they fixed that with this release it will be a homerun for them.

The turbulators s one of the things I really like about the G line up frames the ball up perfectly with my driver fairway and hybrid.

Me too! From address you can't really tell that they are raised, they just provide a little bit of texture or pattern to frame the ball and break up the surface a little bit. I think it actually makes the head seem smaller than it is. If the new head is even smaller and the sound a little more muted then I'm definitely in.

Some folks just get hung up on the turbulators and dragonfly stuff but I actually rather enjoy it, especially with the flat black. I tried to like the M1/M2 look but its just too distracting for me. I guess that's why its a good thing we have choices so we're all not playing a plain old black driver.

I'm just waiting for someone to come out with a woodgrain design on the crown as a throwback to the old Persimmon days. Hmmm...

For those asking for a 4 wood; from the photos it looks like the 5 wood is 17.5*, I don't know about anyone else, but that's a 4 wood in my book.

• Taylormade Qi10 core 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6TX
  • Taylormade Tour Issue Stealth Plus+ 3 HL - Ventus Black 8TX
  • Titleist T100 4-PW - DG TI X100
  • Taylormade MG4 50SB, 56HB, 60HBW - DG TI S400
  • Artisan Blue Bonnet 0820 - LAGP TPZ One35 USA

Was hoping we'd be done with turbulators... The only other knock on my G LS is the sound. If they fixed that with this release it will be a homerun for them.

The turbulators s one of the things I really like about the G line up frames the ball up perfectly with my driver fairway and hybrid.

Me too! From address you can't really tell that they are raised, they just provide a little bit of texture or pattern to frame the ball and break up the surface a little bit. I think it actually makes the head seem smaller than it is. If the new head is even smaller and the sound a little more muted then I'm definitely in.

Some folks just get hung up on the turbulators and dragonfly stuff but I actually rather enjoy it, especially with the flat black. I tried to like the M1/M2 look but its just too distracting for me. I guess that's why its a good thing we have choices so we're all not playing a plain old black driver.

I'm just waiting for someone to come out with a woodgrain design on the crown as a throwback to the old Persimmon days. Hmmm...

Cobra F7

Wow! 12 guys switching to the G400 driver for the US Open is impressive. They must feel it is significantly better than what they had in the bag to switch at a major. Looking forward to trying one.

TaylorMade Sim Max 9* @ 7* Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg
Ping G425 3wd @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg 
Ping G425 7wd @ -1 Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 6 Reg
Ping G425 22 hybrid @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue HB 6 reg
PXG Gen 4 0311XP 6-GW Fujikura Axiom 75 R2 

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50*, 56*, 60* DG Spinner Stiff stepped soft
Evnroll ER7  33” Rosemark grip