146th Open Championship at Royal Birkdale

i*windows

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gosh I hate to say it but watching the Open this morning, DJ, Rory and some others sucking so bad I have to be included among those who believe these PGA pros allow their personal lives to interfere with their job more than other sports. Whether from breeding, marrying, family or whatever, their game seems to suffer a lot more than golfers in the past. Even in other sports, say basketball, a lot of those guys breed like rabbits, sometimes to several women but it doesn't seem to effect their performance.

DJ got better after he was married.....

the rest of your post seems out of line to me....

Regarding DJ, I was thinking about his "brilliant" performance as defending U S Open Champion at the joke of an easy Erin Hills. Many were saying DJ probably didn't mind missing the cut because of the new kid. Hard to believe that would've been the case in the prior generation of PGA golfers. Maybe I'm way off...

Gosh I hate to say it but watching the Open this morning, DJ, Rory and some others sucking so bad I have to be included among those who believe these PGA pros allow their personal lives to interfere with their job more than other sports. Whether from breeding, marrying, family or whatever, their game seems to suffer a lot more than golfers in the past. Even in other sports, say basketball, a lot of those guys breed like rabbits, sometimes to several women but it doesn't seem to effect their performance.

Regarding DJ, I was thinking about his "brilliant" performance as defending U S Open Champion at the joke of an easy Erin Hills. Many were saying DJ probably didn't mind missing the cut because of the new kid. Hard to believe that would've been the case in the prior generation of PGA golfers. Maybe I'm way off...

And DJ's not married.

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

And DJ's not married.

For all intents and purposes, DJ is married. They have two children, live together, he's close with her family, etc.

Taylormade SIM 8* - Matrix OZIK MFS Black Tie 70X
Taylormade M5 15* - Aldila Black Mamba 80TX
Taylormade M5 19* - Fuji Motore Speeder 8.3X
Taylormade P790 4-PW - Project X 7.0
Taylormade Hi Toe 52* and 58* - KBS $-Taper 125 S+ Black
Taylormade Ardmore 2 35" Super Stroke Claw 1.0

And DJ's not married.

For all intents and purposes, DJ is married. They have two children, live together, he's close with her family, etc.

It's high time he made her an honest woman.

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Is the stream really choppy for anyone else? I have it pulled up at work where I'm connected through ethernet and still can't get consistent video.

Round one Tee Times.

https://www.theopen....m/TeeTimes#!/R1

Rory and Dustin Johnson together looks good,

But only if Rory makes the cut........

Cant go hat-trick cut at the UK/Ireland opens!

I stand corrected.

What the heck is going on? Is he using the 1-frankeniron?

Rory needs to go to the pancakes house pronto.

And DJ's not married.

Except if things go south 50% of his wealth isn't going anywhere.

Is the stream really choppy for anyone else? I have it pulled up at work where I'm connected through ethernet and still can't get consistent video.

Happens as we get older, pulling it up doesn't help!

One of the few things on the internet that has actually made me LOL!

i agree with you.

golf is a finicky sport to begin with (not like basketball and the like) -- it requires a TON of practice and extra-curricular life experiences can sometimes get in the way of that. furthermore -- after a golfer wins a few times and has enough 'cash in the bank' if you will, their priorities can start to shift to their family and honestly, that's not for you or i to judge since it's not our lives. just b/c we want to see them succeed on course doesn't mean we have to blaspheme them on here for enjoying the rest of their life -

uncalled for.

Sorry, it was not my intent and didn't realize that I "speak irreverently about God or sacred things".

i agree with you.

golf is a finicky sport to begin with (not like basketball and the like) -- it requires a TON of practice and extra-curricular life experiences can sometimes get in the way of that. furthermore -- after a golfer wins a few times and has enough 'cash in the bank' if you will, their priorities can start to shift to their family and honestly, that's not for you or i to judge since it's not our lives. just b/c we want to see them succeed on course doesn't mean we have to blaspheme them on here for enjoying the rest of their life -

uncalled for.

Sorry, it was not my intent and didn't realize that I "speak irreverently about God or sacred things".

if that's the only thing you took from my post - god bless ;)

Taylormade Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 10*) / Denali Black 60TX

Taylormade Qi10 Tour / 3w (dialed 1 notch higher) / HZRDUS RDX Smoke Green 85 6.5

Taylormade P-DHY / 2i / Tensei Pro White 100TX
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW (3* weak) / KBS Tour X

Cleveland RTX6 / 54, 58 (full face2) / DG TI Spinner

Odyssey Jailbird AI Cruiser 40"

i agree with you.

uncalled for.

skyking you silly, silly man.

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Im stuck at work today so listening to BBC Radio 5 Live. John Inverdale is having a 'mare, getting names mixed up "Justin Speith" and being generally ignorant of anything associated with golf. Roll on home time and back to some decent coverage on Sky.

Same feelings, no sky, kodi not working, looking after kids and have 5 live....boy inverdale is a prat

Im stuck at work today so listening to BBC Radio 5 Live. John Inverdale is having a 'mare, getting names mixed up "Justin Speith" and being generally ignorant of anything associated with golf. Roll on home time and back to some decent coverage on Sky.

Same feelings, no sky, kodi not working, looking after kids and have 5 live....boy inverdale is a prat

Download Mobdro if you have an android device - working well for SS4 here while im at work.

Tranlslate, LOL?

We Americans think everybody around the world should talk just like us. ;-)

gotta luv Butch Harmon's candor

What did the ol' boy say this time?

U gotta watch because it's continuous. When I was watching he busted on Days outfit, when asked about a players chance at winning he said not much because he lacks experience, said he didn't believe Phil's split with bones was amicable even though they both said so, and called out one of the fans for being an idiot when he yelled "get in the hole" on someones downswing

TM Stealth Plus 10.5 Ventus Velocore Blue 5

Ping G425 Max 5 FW Ventus Velocore Red 7

Srixon MKii DI 3 Axiom 105

Mizuno JPX 921 SEL 4-PW KBS Tour 

Yururi Tataki 52.5, 56.5 and 60.5 DG S200
Ping Anser 2
MCC +4 Grips
Kirkland Performance+ Ball

gotta luv Butch Harmon's candor

What did the ol' boy say this time?

U gotta watch because it's continuous. When I was watching he busted on Days outfit, when asked about a players chance at winning he said not much because he lacks experience, and called out one of the fans for being an idiot when he yelled "get in the hole" on someones downswing

Sounds entertaining

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Not watching just following the scores..... Rory wtf, 5 over after 6. Wow

This is actually happening. Rory's game is falling into a black-hole.

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Just has zero control over what he is doing right now with the club.

[color=#ff0000][b]Driver: [/b][/color]Callaway GBB 9.5* (Project X HZRDUS Black 76g 6.5X)
[color=#ff0000][b]Hybrid: [/b][/color]Taylormade RBZ 19* (Fujikura Speeder TS H9.8)
[color=#ff0000][b]Irons: [/b][/color] Callaway Apex'14 4-PW (DG X100)
[color=#ff0000][b]Wedges: [/b][/color]Nike SV Tour (DG S400)
[color=#ff0000][b]Putter: [/b][/color]Odyssey Tank Cruiser #7
[b][color=#ff0000]Balls: [/color][/b]Srixon ZstarXV

doesnt seem like Rorys clubs are agreeing with him. rough start.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

RORS +5....WTH!!!

he may withdraw after today........time to start over somehow

only 10 back with 65 holes left though :taunt:

..or 28