Brag on yourself thread!

bogeypro

This past weekend I made an 8 on two par 5's. One of them was a ball OB, hitting three from the tee. Hit a good drive down the left side of the fairway, right in front of the lake. Pull hooked a 6 iron into the water, basically had to drop where I was and hit 6 from there. Hit a ball over the back of the green and hit the best pitch shot ever to 3 feet. Made the putt for 8.

Next par 5, I decided to play safe and hit a 2 iron off of the tee. Then, pull hooked another 6 iron. Yep, you guessed it...O.B. Hit four in the trees, punched out with 5. 6 over the green plugged in a bunker, 7 out to 20 feet and rolled in the putt.

The worst part of it? I made five birdies. Two double bogies, a triple bogey, and shot 76. I have a new driver now, and new shafts for my irons on the way.

• Driver - Ping G430 Max 10k - Ventus Black 6X | Ping G430 LST 10.5 - Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI TX
  • 3 Wood - Taylormade 300 Mini 13.5 - Ventus Purple X
  • 5 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X 
  • 7 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X | 4 iron - Srixon ZX4 MKII - Axiom 105X
  • 5 - PW Ping BluePrint S - Shaft testing
  • SW - Cleveland RTX6 55* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X | LW - Vokey SM9T 60* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X
  • Putters - Odyssey #7 Knuckle Neck Proto | Odyssey Jailbird Versa Microhinge - Odyssey Tank DBOdyssey Jailbird Ai-One

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I made a 1080* on a cart over a wet fairway. That should be enough to get gold on the Cart Olympics. Not a 360 or a 720, but a 1080!!!

Cobra F9, 8 Hzrdus Yellow
Tee CBX119 13, Tee EX10 Beta 18. Hzrdus Yellow
M2 Hy, 22 with AD DI 85S
M2 Hy, 25 with S+ 90S
P790 6-AW, Nippon 105S
Mizuno 56/14, 60/07
Scotty Cameron Mil Spec 350 Black Oxide
Titleist -ProV1 balls

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1152161-linkerpans-wtib-2015-edition/"]WITB Link[/url]

I had not played golf or even swung a club for about 5 years due to some physical issues. I have played 3 rounds recently and am not proud of the scores but every shot I’m able to hit just makes me feel happy inside. I have improved each round and look forward to the next time I will play again. Nothing amazing here but just happy I can swing the club and play 18.

I had not played golf or even swung a club for about 5 years due to some physical issues. I have played 3 rounds recently and am not proud of the scores but every shot I’m able to hit just makes me feel happy inside. I have improved each round and look forward to the next time I will play again. Nothing amazing here but just happy I can swing the club and play 18.

Solid.

I don't know if moderately healthy people know what it's like to be betrayed by their bodies. So when you win one, that's a huge accomplishment.

In 2017, I was able to drop my index in spite of having a brutal regression in my putting. My performance on the greens was pathetically poor.

Until I bought my new Cleveland Anser-a-like near the end of the season, and saw dramatic improvement. I'd dedicated the purchase to my departed mother, apparently she gave me a little help. :)

Nice to see ThunderBuzzworth bringing it again. I seem to remember a post where a reduction in the pain inflicted on golf balls was occurring...

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

I'm a really good scrambler. Last round I was having a terrible time swinging the club (swing changes - no bueno right now, sticking with it), but I managed to buckle down and break 90 thanks to 4 straight scrambling pars to end the round. 15 is a short par 4 that I drove into a greenside bunker, got on the green and 2 putted. 16 I missed the green pin high left, hit an acceptable chip and made the 5 footer for par. 17 I missed pin high left again, ball perched on top of a mound. Now it's important to note that the greens were punched 5 days ago, and they dumped the cores on the mound that my ball landed on. I played a duff and run along the side of the hill and gravity took over and the ball rolled down to a foot. Par. 18 I striped my drive down the left side, didn't come back. Ended up under some trees on a severe upslope. Only 110 yards away, had to punch my 6 iron under the trees and slam the ball into the slope in front of the elevated green to have a hope of getting it to stop. I pulled it off, and 2 putted for par. That recovery shot on 18 is one of the best shots I've ever hit, without a doubt.

I love getting out of trouble, hitting bad shots off the tee doesn't really get in my head because I love the challenge of trying to create short game shots. Probably holding my scores back, but I'm having fun!

Had a lesson today. First one in three years, which was when I just began.

Instructor focused on my alignment and stance width. Really on alignment.

After he left I was finishing the bucket of balls and had a breakthrough. We had spent so much time on alignment that I hadn't noticed the benefit to narrowing the stance. The real reason I'd booked the lesson was chronic fat iron shots.

Once I narrowed up the stance I started hitting it fantastic. I had always thought I needed a wide stance to be stable, but not so.

Anyhow- bragging that I fixed a big flaw that feels very promising. He complimented how well I get through the ball and finish, so if that's good and I've fixed the setup, maybe I've found the next puzzle piece.

I led the Alberta Mid-Am in Strokes Gained after Chunking a Chip last year.

Titleist TSi3 8º - LAGP DJ 65-6
Titleist TSi3 15º - LAGP TourAxs Blue 
Mizuno Pro 225 2i - C-TaperL
Mizuno Pro 245  5-GW C-Taper 
Mizuno T22  52º, 56º, 60º C-Taper

Scotty Special Select Newport 2 
Titleist Left Dash -ProV1x

I shot even on the back nine yesterday..... and hit zero greens in reg. no kidding... my wedge and putting game was working overtime! I was using my other set of irons (not the xforged), trying to decide if I was going to keep them around or use them as trade bait. After that round, i drove straight to my local golf shop and sold them. LOL!

PXG Black Ops Tour driver 

PXG g5 3 wood

PXG Black Ops 17* hybrid

TaylorMade Qi10 5 wood

TaylorMade P770 4-9 KBS Tour

TaylorMade MG4 46/52/58wedges

Bettinardi BB1 putter

My cap has suffered, my rounds are Jekyll & Hyde but after 2 years of working with swing my ball striking is the best it's ever been and is accelerating to a better place. Good habits are cementing and finally get why Snead and Rory are essentially doing the same thing and why I was no where near them. Been extremely fun pursuit and the journey continues but getting to next level of low single digit does not seem as delusional or as elusive, as it once did.

I recently carded rounds of 74-76-80 (with a 12 on a par 4); I really only hit one bad shot in these three rounds and only lost 2 balls both on the 12. Best ball striking of my life and I finally have this game figured out! However, the very next round (same trip) I shot a generous 112 as guys we're picking up my balls on the green because they felt soo bad for me. I hit 30-40 shanks and lost every ball in my bag. What makes it worse is I actually birdied 3 holes (2 par 5's and a long par 3 off of some rocks where; no irons where involved). Chipping yips and the shanks makes the game almost impossible and totally unenjoyable. I sit here in the great white north and I'm afraid to pick up a club.

I didn't buy the used Bettinardi putter that I couldn't miss with at the golf store this afternoon. But I haven't stopped thinking about it since....

Ping G400 LST 9* - Diamana Kai'li 70x
Ping G30 14.5* - UST VTS Silver 7F5
Adams DHY Pro 18* - Aldila Proto 95x
Srixon Z545 4i - UST Recoil 110 F5
Srixon Z785 5-PW - Modus 120x
Cleveland 588 Rotex 2.0  - DG S400
Tommy Armour 845 DLT Todd Sones
Srixon Z Star

"Dont play too much golf. Two rounds per day is plenty." - Harry Vardon

"Every day that I missed practicing takes me one day longer to be good." Ben Hogan

This year I've set to really sound up my swing and am trying to get out the lateral hip movement and work on clearing my hips (something I've never done very well). I'm talking a complete swing overhaul--I'm completely out of sorts and absolutely can't get the club on the back of the ball and am hitting a lot of VERY bad shots. I'm talking chunked 7 irons that go 120 yards.... Push faded 9 irons that go 100. I hit a toed driver that went about 220....

I've been shooting scores that are way higher than I'm used to. Today I shot 7 over on the front and 1 over on the back while hitting 2 greens all day. One was hole one (320 yard par 4) the other was 18 (driver 4 iron par 5, ended up on the fringe in two). The short game is just killing it right now and completely saving my game. I'm really excited for what my game may do once I get the swing changes down.