Cobra's new King F8 drivers, woods, hybrids and irons

GolfWRX

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

got my f8 driver today.....delivered in a box...box was leaning up against my house. Opened the box...wrapped in plastic...had a sticker on the shaft...removed that...wrong swing weight with the sticker....removed the shaft...with a wrench....installed new shaft...with a wrench...cut butt end of shaft...installed grip...with tape and grip solvent....slid right on that shaft..oH YES.....looked down at driver at address....looks great....smaller looking than F7...put head cover on....without a wrench...placed in golf bag...went inside to eat lunch.

Well....dont keep us in suspense. What did you have for lunch?

Cobra LTD HZRDUS 75g 6.5 (Synergy Black 70TX tipped 1/2")
Ping 2014 Rapture 3W - Blueboard 73x5ct
Cobra F8 3 hybrid (HZRDUS Black 85 6.5)
4 Hybrid...
Srixon Z545 5-AW (SF i110 stiff)
RTX 3.0 - 54 and 58 (SF i125 stiff)
Ping Ketsch Mid 

Well i got it and I'm more excited about it, it just screams classy and modern, I'm pleasantly surprised if the graphics on top, where i live i never get to see one in the stores so being im a cobra driver fan i bought it right away, , it's got some big shoes to fill because that f7 guitar head did a very good job for my swing

Another thing i liked allot is the blue graphics very phantom looking in the mostly matte black shaft, i have not played in a few weeks due to weather so maybe i can this weekend try it out, either way it will never be able to get tested until warmer weather comes

If anyone wants closer pics etc lmk i don't mind 87e88ab4cd6bcc03e327f6a8e4ae012b.jpgd90d7c11422bb08476a377a4a8d81e68.jpge3923df0fde997ea7d44ad3fd0021d2e.jpg59eb9a35ecda7786b01f2f5cb8bfde60.jpgca602c90c58b672cd8bc8a2fe6a63d9a.jpg701896f05f2314ef99c9d78375a72e2c.jpg

got my f8 driver today.....delivered in a box...box was leaning up against my house. Opened the box...wrapped in plastic...had a sticker on the shaft...removed that...wrong swing weight with the sticker....removed the shaft...with a wrench....installed new shaft...with a wrench...cut butt end of shaft...installed grip...with tape and grip solvent....slid right on that shaft..oH YES.....looked down at driver at address....looks great....smaller looking than F7...put head cover on....without a wrench...placed in golf bag...went inside to eat lunch.

Lol...have to hit it and let us know

Under construction....

Well i got it and I'm more excited about it, it just screams classy and modern, I'm pleasantly surprised if the graphics on top, where i live i never get to see one in the stores so being im a cobra driver fan i bought it right away, , it's got some big shoes to fill because that f7 guitar head did a very good job for my swing

Another thing i liked allot is the blue graphics very phantom looking in the mostly matte black shaft, i have not played in a few weeks due to weather so maybe i can this weekend try it out, either way it will never be able to get tested until warmer weather comes �

If anyone wants closer pics etc lmk i don't mind �87e88ab4cd6bcc03e327f6a8e4ae012b.jpgd90d7c11422bb08476a377a4a8d81e68.jpge3923df0fde997ea7d44ad3fd0021d2e.jpg59eb9a35ecda7786b01f2f5cb8bfde60.jpgca602c90c58b672cd8bc8a2fe6a63d9a.jpg701896f05f2314ef99c9d78375a72e2c.jpg

Fantastic let us know what you think when you hit it

Under construction....

Well....dont keep us in suspense. What did you have for lunch?

Lunch was a delicious omelette, thanks for asking Mr Flapjack.

F9 driver
king LTD 3 wood
F6 hybrid. vts silver
Z565. recoil 95
Pur wedges
Piretti Matera

Another thing i liked allot is the blue graphics very phantom looking in the mostly matte black shaft, i have not played in a few weeks due to weather so maybe i can this weekend try it out, either way it will never be able to get tested until warmer weather comes �

If anyone wants closer pics etc lmk i don't mind �87e88ab4cd6bcc03e327f6a8e4ae012b.jpgd90d7c11422bb08476a377a4a8d81e68.jpge3923df0fde997ea7d44ad3fd0021d2e.jpg59eb9a35ecda7786b01f2f5cb8bfde60.jpgca602c90c58b672cd8bc8a2fe6a63d9a.jpg701896f05f2314ef99c9d78375a72e2c.jpg

Fantastic let us know what you think when you hit it

Well i got lucky it was supposed to rain tomorrow but it's not until night time, so it will be 66* and my buddy called me just now and we are going to tee it up tomorrow, so feedback to come yes

My F8+ arrived yesterday afternoon as well. NV Blue shaft. Was able to hit the range a couple hours ago before it started raining. This thing is SWEET. Honeymoon or even pre-honeymoon I guess but I'm really pleased with it. It's more similar to the King LTD than the F7+ in feel and sound. But it has the more lively, "hot" feel of the F7 too, so it's muffled like the LTD but not quite as much. Feel and sound are very subjective.

Performance was very impressive. I landed on 9.5 with 12g weight in back and 2g in front. Interestingly, feel and performance for me in draw setting were entirely different. Didn't work. But as I've played LTD and F7 in non-draw setting that isn't an issue. Great stick, sets up perfectly to me (see pic). Just wish I was on a course and not my phone right now!).

Cobra Aerojet 10.5 +1.5 Mitsubishi Kai'li S
Cobra LTDx 5w PX Hzrdus green 5.5

Cobra King Utility 20.5 Elements Chrome S 20.5

Mizuno 243 5-P DG S200
Corey Paul 52, 56, 60 
Mizuno OMOI 3 black 35"
Emeritus set:  Mizuno MP20 HMB 5, MMC 6-8, MP 9-P KBS C-taper Lite R 

Very cool. Glad to see these in the wild.

I don't know why the snake alignment bothers me over the Cobra on the F7. Wish they would have stuck with the COBRA, but you can't please everyone.

To your point about not being able to please everyone, I have the exact opposite opinion. The cobra emblem coming back as the alignment aid sealed my purchase. I can’t stand that cobra letterblock aid

Anybody who has the F8 3w... how's your spins? Mine seemed pretty high. Granted, off the deck so hitting it a little low on the face, they seemed pretty high.

Ziggy,

I'm looking at getting an F8 fairway. What shaft did you go with in yours and what are your thoughts on the combo?

Thanks in advance.

CP

Stealth Plus 9*  Ventus Blue Velocore 6X
Callaway epic flash 15* 2KXV Blue 7X
Callaway UW 19* Trono 75X
Miura MB001 4-PW KBS Tour X +1/2"
RTX Zipcore raw 52/56 mid

Vokey 60* M Grind
Bettinardi BB8W 

Well dang , the f8 was just ok with the nv blue shaft and it held it's on against my f7 but here is where it got interesting,i then switched the shaft out of my f7 to the f8 and all i can say is wow much more stability with it seemed effortless fairway finder and maybe a smidgen longer, i love it which i was skeptical

Anybody who has the F8 3w... how's your spins? Mine seemed pretty high. Granted, off the deck so hitting it a little low on the face, they seemed pretty high.

Ziggy,

I'm looking at getting an F8 fairway. What shaft did you go with in yours and what are your thoughts on the combo?

Thanks in advance.

CP

2kXV Blue 70 S.

It's still too early to say much but so far the feel is very good. Solid, hot feeling. I just noticed the spin was pretty high, but I was hitting off the deck.

The shaft is pretty good feeling, maybe is a touch more stiff in the butt section than the Tensei. Ball speeds for me were pretty good, right around 138-140 which is on par with most 3w's out there. I maaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy look to get a Epic sub zero or an LTD to compare against just to see if it's the head, shaft or (probably) just me. But again I stress... I only took about 6 swings, off the deck. Not enough data points to say if the F8 is a mega high spinner or what.

Well dang , the f8 was just ok with the nv blue shaft and it helps it's on against my f7 but here is where it got interesting,i then said the shaft out of my f7 to the f8 and all i can say is wow much more stability with it seemed effortless fairway finder and maybe a smidgen longer, i love it which i was skeptical

What shaft did you switch to?

Sounds Perfect for me

Looking for a higher launch and spin 3 wood Bomber!

I will optimize the shaft to get the dispersion right

hope this one is it

Ping G430 Max - Accra Fx3.0 140-M0 / VA Nemesys 6-S

Mizuno ST-Max 3W - LIN-Q M40X Red 5F3

Ping G430 7W - AD-DI 7-S 
Cobra King Tour 4-PW - Modus 105-S
Cleveland RTX6 50 / 54 - DG spinner / 60 - Oban CT 125-S
PXG Battle Ready Bat Attack 

Seems like all the anticipation is for the driver /fwy. Has anyone else tried the f8 irons yet? My son was fit for them and hoping he gets them before the official release in Feb.

Not yet, but it didn’t stop me from plonking some dosh for the custom F8 one length, with the kbs tour v. Best thing was the inclusion of the Arcos as standard, no charge. Nearly got the F7 cause they are a steal at the moment but Discount Dans suggested F8. I tried the F7, I liked what I felt & hit and I anticipate getting better with the forged face F8

Can’t wait, suppose to ship 2/2

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

Sounds Perfect for me

hope this one is it

The stock Aldila shaft is the 'real deal' so to speak, and my dispersion was pretty good. I'm not the best off the deck but after just 2 swings or so I was grooving it.

For ME personally, I like the see my 3w spins closer to 3500. <3k is too low and has 0% chance of ever holding a green, but over 4k will cause my flight to balloon. A hint of balloon is maybe ok hitting into a par 5, but off the tee I'd like some run out.

Either war, the club looks sexy as hell, and feels great. best sounding/feeling fwy I've ever hit.

Did everyone who ordered a driver or fairway get a tracking number? or did it just show up?

Cobra F8+, Tensei Pro CK White 60x
Cobra F8+ 3 Wood, Aldila Rogue Silver 70X
Titleist H2, 19 Degree Hybrid, Tensei Pro CK White 90X
Cobra King Utility, 21 Degree, Aldila Rogue Silver
Cobra King Forged Tour, 5-Gap, DG Tour Issue X100
Cobra King Wedges, 52, 56, 60, DG Tour Issue X100
Scotty Cameron Newport 2, 34"

Sounds Perfect for me

hope this one is it

The stock Aldila shaft is the 'real deal' so to speak, and my dispersion was pretty good. I'm not the best off the deck but after just 2 swings or so I was grooving it.

For ME personally, I like the see my 3w spins closer to 3500. <3k is too low and has 0% chance of ever holding a green, but over 4k will cause my flight to balloon. A hint of balloon is maybe ok hitting into a par 5, but off the tee I'd like some run out.

Either war, the club looks sexy as hell, and feels great. best sounding/feeling fwy I've ever hit.

Random question, how did you get to put what in the bag under each of your posts?

Did everyone who ordered a driver or fairway get a tracking number? or did it just show up?

Got tracking, but I ordered mine thru Dick's.

Sounds Perfect for me

hope this one is it

Random question, how did you get to put what in the bag under each of your posts?

Click your username in the top right corner

Go to 'My Settings'

Go to "Signature" on the left hand side

In the text box, type stuff

save

Z1ggy16,

Thank you for info!

My F8+ came last night. Threw in my shaft (Kuro Kage DC XT) and went to the range this morning. I don't know... maybe I just have my F7+ just dialed in perfectly. Sound is better in F8. Like the mat black of the F7 better than nardo ( thought I would like it). F7 head seems a little more round and deeper at set up which is the look I prefer. I have the double weights in my F7 and the feel is amazing, would like to get the extra weights for the F8 but I haven't seen them up on cobra website yet. Jury is still out...

Callaway Rogue ST 💎💎💎 LS 9* Ventus Black 6X (green dot adapter set to 7*)

Maverik Sub Zero 13.5 Ventus Blue 7X

Apex UW 19* Ventus Blue 8X

Callaway X Forged 4-PW Modus 125X

Apex MB Gap Wedge  50* Modus 125X

Vokey 56S & 60L TT Tour Issue S400

Scotty Cameron 2012 Select Newport

Seems like all the anticipation is for the driver /fwy. Has anyone else tried the f8 irons yet? My son was fit for them and hoping he gets them before the official release in Feb.

Not yet, but it didn't stop me from plonking some dosh for the custom F8 one length, with the kbs tour v. Best thing was the inclusion of the Arcos as standard, no charge. Nearly got the F7 cause they are a steal at the moment but Discount Dans suggested F8. I tried the F7, I liked what I felt & hit and I anticipate getting better with the forged face F8

Can't wait, suppose to ship 2/2

My son hit the F7 and F8 back to back and had better ball speeds and dispersion with the the F8. He's going with a new KBS TGI 50 shaft, which I've never even heard of before.