Cobra's new King F8 drivers, woods, hybrids and irons

GolfWRX

• Replies 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I removed and weighed my Cobra grip with the Arcoss in it. 62.5 grams. The Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 it is replacing is 50 grams. The butt cap thickness of the Cobra grip is 1/2". The GP grip is 1/4". I have to add about 4 grams of weight to the head to get a decent swing-weight in this club.

Callaway AI Smoke Max 10.5* Diamana GT 60 S
Callaway AI Smoke Max 5W Tensei Blue 65 S

Ping G430 4H RDX Red 6.0

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP 5-GW Modus 105S (bent 2* weak)
Cleveland RTX6 54* & 58*
TM Spider X HB 34”

Any idea if the grips and tracker combo will ever go to retail?

I use an app to track some basic stats (fw, GIR...) But my buddy asked me if I ever compared say driver vs 3w Fw stats...

I dont like the current option of adding something to the back of the club but if it were built into the grip... I'd definitely play that!

Question: If I want to change the stock grip on my F8 fairway but keep Arccos... Do I need to buy the grip from Cobra? Is the installation and removal process the same?

Yes and yes. The ARCCOS sensor pops in and out of the grip end with a little soap. Might want to heat the grip up a little to make it pliable as well.

My weight never changed I remove arcos grip hollowed out the end of a cp2 wrap grip and secured with little tape works fine

Anyone pick up a 3 wood and

Hit it yet?

I saw the 3 wood in Golftown today, looks a lot smaller than the F7 and the Ltd. The all black looks way better than the nardo, but I'm struggling with how "tiny" the standard 3 wood is for the most forgiving option

Callaway Paradym TD “S” 420cc 8.5 Project X Evenflow Riptide MX 60TX

Mizuno STZ Max 230 12.0 Project X Hzrdus Black RDX 70 6.5

Callaway OG Apex UW 21.0 MCA MMT 80X

Mizuno Pro 243 5-GW Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Mizuno T24 56/12S Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Cleveland RTX Full Face 2 58/8 DG Spinner

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

Hit it yet?

I saw the 3 wood in Golftown today, looks a lot smaller than the F7 and the Ltd. The all black looks way better than the nardo, but I'm struggling with how "tiny" the standard 3 wood is for the most forgiving option

Hit it yet?

That was the regular f8, not the f8+?

They had a small selection of the F8 line at the Sunridge Golftown in Calgary. F8/F8+ drivers (black and nardo), F8/F8+ 3/4 fairways, and a couple F8 hybrids (19º/22º)

Driver: Cobra LTDxLS @ 9º (8.25º) w/ Fujikura Speeder TR 661s

Fairway: Callaway Mavrik 4W @ 16º w/ ProjectX Evenflow Black 70s

Hybrid: Sub70 939x 4H @ 21º w/ ProjectX Black Hybrid 6.0

Irons: Artisan HC 4/5 w/ Steelfiber i95cw Stiff; 6-PW w/ Steelfiber i110cw Stiff

Wedges: Artisan Raw 51º, 56º, 61º w/ Modus 120s (to  be re-shafted with Steelfibers to match irons)

Putter: Artisan 0318 Deep Milled

F8+ with DI in Nardo is officially in the bag!

Spent a lot of time on Trackman comparing to G400 LS with BB.

Long story short, numbers were incredibly similar. However, two HUGE differences for me...

1. F8+ is not nearly as fade biased and much easier to turn over for me.

2. F8+ FEELS AMAZING! If you enjoy a soft explosive feel, like me, you will likely fall in love, I sure did.

I’ve ordered the new IZ to try out also. It performed well for me in other heads, so I want to give IZ a shot in F8+.

On a side note, I hit a few shots with 3 wood but not on Trackman. They felt as good as the driver, so I’ll be going back to get some numbers and see how it stacks up against old faithful.

PING G430 Max 10K Driver 8º ~ GD Tour AD-IZ 5

PING G430 Max 3 Wood 14º ~ GD Tour AD-IZ 6

Titleist TSr2 5 Wood 18º ~ GD Tour AD-IZ 7

Titleist TSr2 7 Wood 21º ~ GD Tour AD-XC 8

Srixon ZX4 Mk II Irons 5–7 ~ Project X IO 6.0

Srixon ZX5 Mk II Irons 8–P ~ Project X IO 6.0

Vokey Design SM9 Raw Wedges 'Voke' Handground 50.12F • 56.08M • 62.08M ~ Project X 6.0
Odyssey  Tri-Hot 5K Three ~ BGT Stability Tour 2 Polar
Titleist Pro V1x ~ #12

Got the 3w out on the course today for the first time.... My lord... This club is legit. The 2kxv shaft is a nice stable mid launch shaft but my ball never ballooned. Hole number one on a links style course, wind at my back... 290 yards right down the pipe. Another permanent member of my bag. This is making me want to give the driver a try.

Got the 3w out on the course today for the first time.... My lord... This club is legit. The 2kxv shaft is a nice stable mid launch shaft but my ball never ballooned. Hole number one on a links style course, wind at my back... 290 yards right down the pipe. Another permanent member of my bag. This is making me want to give the driver a try.

Which model? Whats difference in 3 wood for F8 an F8+

Returned my ping g400lst for a f8+ in black. Originally was going to get Nardo but I had to get an in stock driver and they only had the black with nv green in xstiff. Actually like the look of the black and love the head but not sure about shaft. Might try to find something withvlower torque as the nv feels a little whippy

Hit it yet?

That was the regular f8, not the f8+?

Correct. I should hit it to give it its due. I had the Ltd two years ago and it was a monster of length.

Callaway Paradym TD “S” 420cc 8.5 Project X Evenflow Riptide MX 60TX

Mizuno STZ Max 230 12.0 Project X Hzrdus Black RDX 70 6.5

Callaway OG Apex UW 21.0 MCA MMT 80X

Mizuno Pro 243 5-GW Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Mizuno T24 56/12S Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Cleveland RTX Full Face 2 58/8 DG Spinner

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

I was able to hit the new F8 irons today beside my forged TEC, and while they were obviously very different clubs I will say the F8 are the nicest hitting GI non forged clubs they have aver made. A lot nicer feel and sound compared to Fly Z, F6, and F7. Anyone looking to replace any of those sets will be very pleased. They look sharp, sound and feel great, and have the ARCCOS for your whole set. Very nice.

Long story short, numbers were incredibly similar. However, two HUGE differences for me...

2. F8+ FEELS AMAZING! If you enjoy a soft explosive feel, like me, you will likely fall in love, I sure did.

I’ve ordered the new IZ to try out also. It performed well for me in other heads, so I want to give IZ a shot in F8+.

On a side note, I hit a few shots with 3 wood but not on Trackman. They felt as good as the driver, so I’ll be going back to get some numbers and see how it stacks up against old faithful.

I jumped the gun and bought F8. I should have waited and bought F8+ Love the feel but F8 flies to high and spins too much.

I've ordered the new IZ to try out also. It performed well for me in other heads, so I want to give IZ a shot in F8+.

On a side note, I hit a few shots with 3 wood but not on Trackman. They felt as good as the driver, so I'll be going back to get some numbers and see how it stacks up against old faithful.

I jumped the gun and bought F8. I should have waited and bought F8+ Love the feel but F8 flies to high and spins too much.

TB, that's a bummer... sorry to hear that.

F8+ was a much better fit for me... Lower launch, lower spin and just really straight.

Can't wait to get it on the course next week down at PGA Village... the days can't pass quick enough!

PING G430 Max 10K Driver 8º ~ GD Tour AD-IZ 5

PING G430 Max 3 Wood 14º ~ GD Tour AD-IZ 6

Titleist TSr2 5 Wood 18º ~ GD Tour AD-IZ 7

Titleist TSr2 7 Wood 21º ~ GD Tour AD-XC 8

Srixon ZX4 Mk II Irons 5–7 ~ Project X IO 6.0

Srixon ZX5 Mk II Irons 8–P ~ Project X IO 6.0

Vokey Design SM9 Raw Wedges 'Voke' Handground 50.12F • 56.08M • 62.08M ~ Project X 6.0
Odyssey  Tri-Hot 5K Three ~ BGT Stability Tour 2 Polar
Titleist Pro V1x ~ #12

I was able to hit the new F8 irons today beside my forged TEC, and while they were obviously very different clubs I will say the F8 are the nicest hitting GI non forged clubs they have aver made. A lot nicer feel and sound compared to Fly Z, F6, and F7. Anyone looking to replace any of those sets will be very pleased. They look sharp, sound and feel great, and have the ARCCOS for your whole set. Very nice.

Do you remember the shaft that was in the club head?

I tested the F8 and F8+ against my F7+ using the same shaft (listed below) with the same golf balls and loft setting. The F8 launched 1-1.5* higher with about 300 rpm more spin. The F8+ launched within .3 degrees of the F7+ and spun about 100 rpm higher, a negligible difference.

I imagine the differences will be greater for some but the results reinforce my experience as a Fitter, that being Cobra like Ping make incremental changes to their drivers rather than radical ones.

That is good to foster brand loyalty and user satistaction.

Club Champion Custom Callaway AI Smoke Max 10*, Aldila Ascent 40 Gram, A Flex

Cleveland Launcher DST 15*, Diamana Red 64 R
TXG Custom  SIM Max 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2

TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R
TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-pw, 1* upright, Recoil E460 R
PXG 0211 GW, 50*, (new version), UST Recoil Dart R
TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115 

Ping Glide 4.0 58*, Nippon 115 
TXG Custom Cobra Nova, KBS CT Tour Shaft

I was able to get out and play 18 holes with my F8 +the other day set in 9 1/2° draw bias I have the blue shaft that is one of the three to pick from on stock . I usually play the gold tees which is about 400 yards shorter than the white tees mostly because I’m over 63 & playing with people my same age, But I decided to play white yesterday and the drivers I’ve owned over the last year are the G 25 ping Ping G standard, G400 standard. I really like the 400 but to be truthful I went back to the G 25 I found it actually just as or more forgiving and actually longer set at 9 1/2° for myself. The first hole is about 358 and with the cobra had 100 yards left Plain White T’s but when I play the gold I’ve actually got about 105 yards left when I used my G 400 for the G 25 playing from the gold i’m actually about 95 yards out. So I have not hit the cobra from the goal tees yet so that’ll give me a better perspective over the 25 Ping. There were some holes yesterday were really hit the ball good with the cobra but I think I need to get my launch angle a little higher because I know I could’ve been like on the top shelf of a short par for I mean I hit the ball too good on that one particular Hole and up short, I mean it was right down the middle with a slight draw and the little Arcos thing said I hit it like 235 and there’s no way that that was it 235 Yard Well let me correct that I’m sure it was 235 but as good as I hit it in the center of the club face if I had more launch angle it probably would’ve been about 250 but like I said it was level and rising a little bit probably the shaft but I’ve got the shaft that I got in yesterday the Kuro kage 60 in a regular because I’ve had it in a stiff and I really have a hard time getting the ball in the air and the only reason I got that was a guy had an M2 the other day and I just love high ball flight in the way the ball just you could hit it straight left right on demand so we’ll see in short I think the cobra is the most accurate driver I’ve ever hit I mean if you are setting up to hit left it’s going left And vice versa it was very predictable sorry for the wall of text I’m just trying to put some real date out there from playing with it

With all the talk of this new driver and FWY woods I can see the F8 irons being the sleeper set of 2018 like Forged TEC were a few years ago. For those chomping at the bit for Callaway Rogue, TM, and new Ping irons, you should give some serious looks at the F8 irons. $115 per club with so many no charge shaft options and ARCCOS standard. Hard to beat.

One length hybrid, with upgraded one length shafts and ARCCOs is a serious bargain IMO. $923 for 4H-PW and that included an upgraded Tour Blue 85 hybrid shaft.It would be hard for me to spend $1100-$1200 on a GI set without giving them a shot. Not to mention they give you the rest of the ARCCOS sensors for the rest of the bag.

^^ Do you find F8+ to sit/measure to be more open than regular F8?

Yes I did and liked the appearance. The smaller looking head enhanced that.

Club Champion Custom Callaway AI Smoke Max 10*, Aldila Ascent 40 Gram, A Flex

Cleveland Launcher DST 15*, Diamana Red 64 R
TXG Custom  SIM Max 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2

TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R
TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-pw, 1* upright, Recoil E460 R
PXG 0211 GW, 50*, (new version), UST Recoil Dart R
TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115 

Ping Glide 4.0 58*, Nippon 115 
TXG Custom Cobra Nova, KBS CT Tour Shaft

Anyone else got their F8 VL or OL irons yet?

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

^^ Do you find F8+ to sit/measure to be more open than regular F8?

Yes I did and liked the appearance. The smaller looking head enhanced that.

I had some questions for cobra golf the other day so I called them and we were actually talking about the 460 head on the F8 versus the smaller head on the F8 plus they told me that it’s been put out on the Internet as a smaller head but it is not it just appears to because it’s a deeper face but it is 460 and not 445 as advertised

Got my F8+ in, i ordered it over length since i dont plan on using the Hzrdus and will resell it, but Cobra decided to swingweight it for me even though i ordered 1" over and grip loose in box. So the driver came with an 8 gram weight and 2 gram. I play my LTD Pro at 206grams at 44.25" so this 193 gram head isnt gonna cut it.

Called and Cobra is sending me a 12 gram weight so i will play it with an 8 and 12 on bottom and a little hotmelt to get it to my proper weight.

• AI Smoke 🔷🔷🔷10.5* Denali Black 60 6.5
  • TM M5 Tour 18.25* - Tensei AV White 2.0 TX
  • TM Stealth 7w 21* - Fuji Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 8s
  • Srixon ZX Utility 23* MMT 105TX HS
  • Srixon ZX7 5-Aw PX LZ 6.5 SS
  • Mizuno T7 55* - PX LZ 6.5
  • TM MG4 60* SBC - DG TI S400
  • Bettinardi Inovai 6.0 2024
  • Tour B XS