The Open @ Carnoustie (NO POLITICS)

Ralphyboy84

...so? stone shot 60 last week at the scottish -- you could argue that due to the conditions and their relative similarities to that of the open he would be a favorite no???

you're saying he has heart yet, the example you're giving is one where he only finished the event b/c of his appearance fee...you can see the hypocrisy of that? so, his dad was on the bag...and gave his caddie the week off. i'd argue if he had more heart, his caddie would be on the bag and he would try in earnest to win the tournament, despite the fee -- THAT would show me he was more 'in it', and honestly, would be considerably more 'game ready' than basically playing a fill-in b/c money was involved.

The Scottish played absolutely nothing like Carnoustie. Greens were slow and soft. Where did I say he "has heart"? He will be trying to win the open. He was not trying to win the French and IMO essentially missed the cut on purpose. He took 2.5 weeks off to rest before this event

How would a guy who finished 2nd in the last major, is top 10 player in the word, and has the course record at the course they are playing not be a favorite?

it's been noted that the greens are not fast at Carnoustie. your very first response back to me included 'b/c his heart wasn't in it'...? Implying that, this time, his heart would be in it...

your last sentiment is an actual argument for his real chance at this years open -- except for the course record part IMO. his records in the majors are good, admittedly, but just not in opens.

FWIW -- i actually LIKE Fleetwood; i think out of all the people using the pencil/claw grip - he's one of the few that just are absolutely automatic with it (see also: rose)

Taylormade Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 10*) / Denali Black 60TX

Taylormade Qi10 Tour / 3w (dialed 1 notch higher) / HZRDUS RDX Smoke Green 85 6.5

Taylormade P-DHY / 2i / Tensei Pro White 100TX
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW (3* weak) / KBS Tour X

Cleveland RTX6 / 54, 58 (full face2) / DG TI Spinner

Odyssey Jailbird AI Cruiser 40"

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say -23 wins it. Somebody will eat this place with Driver.i think with right wind dj can drive it over the creek on 18.

Not a chance on either

I’m talkijg about the 1st creek ! Lol. And my post was on jest at the others saying a low number and dj continuing to call the water on 18 “ a creek”. Lol. Funny how when I said It , it became crazy talk. Lol.

Cobra LTD X 9* Hzrdus RDX blue 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

...so? stone shot 60 last week at the scottish -- you could argue that due to the conditions and their relative similarities to that of the open he would be a favorite no???

you're saying he has heart yet, the example you're giving is one where he only finished the event b/c of his appearance fee...you can see the hypocrisy of that? so, his dad was on the bag...and gave his caddie the week off. i'd argue if he had more heart, his caddie would be on the bag and he would try in earnest to win the tournament, despite the fee -- THAT would show me he was more 'in it', and honestly, would be considerably more 'game ready' than basically playing a fill-in b/c money was involved.

The Scottish played absolutely nothing like Carnoustie. Greens were slow and soft. Where did I say he "has heart"? He will be trying to win the open. He was not trying to win the French and IMO essentially missed the cut on purpose. He took 2.5 weeks off to rest before this event

How would a guy who finished 2nd in the last major, is top 10 player in the word, and has the course record at the course they are playing not be a favorite?

it's been noted that the greens are not fast at Carnoustie. your very first response back to me included 'b/c his heart wasn't in it'...? Implying that, this time, his heart would be in it...

your last sentiment is an actual argument for his real chance at this years open -- except for the course record part IMO. his records in the majors are good, admittedly, but just not in opens.

I was literally there inside the ropes and hit putts at Scottish Open and during practice round at Carnoustie. They were already much faster than Scottish and they’ve increased speed by more than a foot since I left. It depends on your definition of fast, they are only about half a foot slower than most regular PGA Tour events.

Why would having the course record be irrelevant?

why everyone is so hyped up about fleetwood? Last 2 tournaments he looked like he was out off shape /tired.btw his top25 streak could not last...I like his style (and hair^^) but I did not see positive signs lately

(remind me this post in case fleetwood wins x D)

Really ? He’s a man on fire. My pool just argued over him. I picked him to win the us open and he damn near did. Now my group of idiots knows who he is . They laughed when I picked him. Now he’s our #1 pick overall.

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Teach -

Tell Julian that his name was In our dark horse list for the last pick of our open pool. I took him ... and was laughed at. Again. Pulling for him hard to shut those idiots up !!

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

I was literally there inside the ropes and hit putts at Scottish Open and during practice round at Carnoustie. They were already much faster than Scottish and they've increased speed by more than a foot since I left. It depends on your definition of fast, they are only about half a foot slower than most regular PGA Tour events.

i didn't know you were there, did I? forgive my ignorance--i'm going by what they have said on television, how would i be the wiser ??

and as for the course record - you don't know what the conditions were when it was shot simply put. there are LOT of guys out there on tour that have course records at places shot in tournament play that still don't win that week.

Taylormade Qi10 Tour / 3w (dialed 1 notch higher) / HZRDUS RDX Smoke Green 85 6.5

why everyone is so hyped up about fleetwood? Last 2 tournaments he looked like he was out off shape /tired.btw his top25 streak could not last...I like his style (and hair^^) but I did not see positive signs lately

(remind me this post in case fleetwood wins x D)

Really ? He's a man on fire. My pool just argued over him. I picked him to win the us open and he damn near did. Now my group of idiots knows who he is . They laughed when I picked him. Now he's our #1 pick overall.

did Molinari come up in the argument ?

Srixon ZX5  TT dynamic gold 95  PING G425 FST 43.25"  Tour Edge 721 Tensei blue 65  Mizuno T22 56* 60*  Bobby Grace AMG 6313 35"

I was literally there inside the ropes and hit putts at Scottish Open and during practice round at Carnoustie. They were already much faster than Scottish and they've increased speed by more than a foot since I left. It depends on your definition of fast, they are only about half a foot slower than most regular PGA Tour events.

i didn't know you were there, did I? forgive my ignorance--i'm going by what they have said on television, how would i be the wiser ??

and as for the course record - you don't know what the conditions were when it was shot simply put. there are LOT of guys out there on tour that have course records at places shot in tournament play that still don't win that week.

Actually I know exactly what the conditions were when it was shot. Nobody said he’s a lock to win but it’s certainly one of the reasons he’s a favorite.

And it’s stated in this thread more than once I was there and on site and that the greens were at least 2’ faster than the Scottish Open, and now they’ve speed them up and increased firmness by 25%.

Actually I know exactly what the conditions were when it was shot. Nobody said he's a lock to win but it's certainly one of the reasons he's a favorite.

And it's stated in this thread more than once I was there and on site and that the greens were at least 2' faster than the Scottish Open, and now they've speed them up and increased firmness by 25%.

yet again -- how would i know you were there? smh. one round does not a tournament make, even you know that.

Actually I know exactly what the conditions were when it was shot. Nobody said he's a lock to win but it's certainly one of the reasons he's a favorite.

And it's stated in this thread more than once I was there and on site and that the greens were at least 2' faster than the Scottish Open, and now they've speed them up and increased firmness by 25%.

yet again -- how would i know you were there? smh. one round does not a tournament make, even you know that.

Again it’s not the only reason he’s a favorite but it’s one of the reasons. He’s one of the best players in the world and will be one of the favorites every event he enters, especially on courses he’s played well in the past.

Wtf does, “even you know that” mean since I clearly have more information than you?

Again it's not the only reason he's a favorite but it's one of the reasons. He's one of the best players in the world and will be one of the favorites every event he enters, especially on courses he's played well in the past.

Wtf does, "even you know that" mean since I clearly have more information than you?

first of all, i thought we were having a nice discussion -- no need to start gettin feathers ruffled or having attitude.

you're a teacher are you not? even you know that going low in one round (ie setting a course record) does not mean you will automatically win a tournament. step back and relax a bit. did you not see the part where i said i actually LIKE the guy? jeez.

Again it's not the only reason he's a favorite but it's one of the reasons. He's one of the best players in the world and will be one of the favorites every event he enters, especially on courses he's played well in the past.

Wtf does, "even you know that" mean since I clearly have more information than you?

first of all, i thought we were having a nice discussion -- no need to start gettin feathers ruffled or having attitude.

you're a teacher are you not? even you know that going low in one round (ie setting a course record) does not mean you will automatically win a tournament. step back and relax a bit. did you not see the part where i said i actually LIKE the guy? jeez.

You’re the one being passive aggressive. “Even you know that” implies I’m stupid and is universally understood as an insult. I don’t have an attitude, you’re the one with the problem

You're the one being passive aggressive. "Even you know that" implies I'm stupid and is universally understood as an insult. I don't have an attitude, you're the one with the problem

that wasn't passive aggressive in any such way, and for you to take it that way is not my problem. i don't have a problem with you, the discussion, or fleetwood. lighten up man. please.

Rumor has it DJ shot 5 or 6 under FOR 9 HOLES in his practice round...

They better roll the ball back, course seems to easy already...….

God I hope thats sarcasm.

Can't wait to play golf with a piece of s*** ball -- it's going to be so much fun.

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Notable non-American players missing: Adrián Otaegui, Joost Luiten, Mikko Korhonen, Shugo Imahira, Mike Lorenzo-Vera, Dean Burmester, Lucas Bjerregaard.

I'd like the major tournaments to invite the top player of each country inside the top 200, so players like Luiten and Korhonen would get invited.

Just no. That doesnt even make sense.

Teach -

Tell Julian that his name was In our dark horse list for the last pick of our open pool. I took him ... and was laughed at. Again. Pulling for him hard to shut those idiots up !!

They would regret that laughter if they've been paying attention. Hes is one of those players that is right there ready to break through.

You're the one being passive aggressive. "Even you know that" implies I'm stupid and is universally understood as an insult. I don't have an attitude, you're the one with the problem

that wasn't passive aggressive in any such way, and for you to take it that way is not my problem. i don't have a problem with you, the discussion, or fleetwood. lighten up man. please.

That is 100% passive aggressive. “Even you know that” absolutely implies I’m stupid, the lowest common denominator.

That is 100% passive aggressive. "Even you know that" absolutely implies I'm stupid, the lowest common denominator.

no, it was meant in jest (as you would to a friend). you're a coach and a teacher, you still haven't agreed or even acknowledged my point that ONE ROUND doesn't mean much. so, the fact that you're taking 4 words and letting it cloud/ruin an otherwise healthy discussion (despite the fact i'm flat out saying it wasn't meant to be negative or prove you're stupid in some way), is on you.

My pick is Jason Day at 30-1. Under the radar. Has been streaky this year but has shown he can go lights out for one week and that's all it takes. Has played well in past opens. My main reason is his flat stick which I think will be what separates the contenders from the pretenders (as it usually does).

Sleeper - Tony Finau

My pick is Jason Day at 30-1. Under the radar. Has been streaky this year but has shown he can go lights out for one week and that's all it takes. Has played well in past opens. My main reason is his flat stick which I think will be what separates the contenders from the pretenders (as it usually does).

Sleeper - Tony Finau

30-1 on Day is pretty good, if only for a couple bucks. what's Finau's odds at?

Sleeper - Tony Finau

I've got a Benjamin on him @ 25/1

Srixon ZX5  TT dynamic gold 95  PING G425 FST 43.25"  Tour Edge 721 Tensei blue 65  Mizuno T22 56* 60*  Bobby Grace AMG 6313 35"

That is 100% passive aggressive. "Even you know that" absolutely implies I'm stupid, the lowest common denominator.

no, it was meant in jest (as you would to a friend). you're a coach and a teacher, you still haven't agreed or even acknowledged my point that ONE ROUND doesn't mean much. so, the fact that you're taking 4 words and letting it cloud/ruin an otherwise healthy discussion (despite the fact i'm flat out saying it wasn't meant to be negative or prove you're stupid in some way), is on you.

Except we aren’t friends. And I absolutely agreed it doesn’t mean everything. I said it’s simply one part of why he is a favorite.

Except we aren't friends. And I absolutely agreed it doesn't mean everything. I said it's simply one part of why he is a favorite.

fair enough.

stock-vector-emoticon-wiping-off-sweat-with-his-hand-feeling-relieved-547454218.jpg I was gettin nervous about you two

lol

i am picking Sergio, because... why not??

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X