MD/DC/VA Golfers - Twelve Monkeys Mental Divergence

eagle1997

> @misplacedtexan83 said:

> > @gsrjc said:

> > > @misplacedtexan83 said:

> > > > @TheCityGame said:

> > > > I would like to see more Player vs Player in this kind of analysis.

> > > >

> > > > For instance, the guy says, "JT probably has twice body weight on that front foot in down swing."

> > > >

> > > > Well, what does Brooks have? He never really comes off the ground but he seems to pound it. Does he get 2x body weight? If so, maybe this indicates JT has bad mechanics?

> > > >

> > > > Pat Reed is sort of "average" in driving distance and his left unweights. Maybe the left foot loosening is just a characteristic of guys who get the weight BACK to the back foot to hit up rather than an indication that they're generating so much power that they come off the ground.

> > > >

> > > > That's about all I want to discuss golf swings. I was just saying that I thought the graphic was dumb.

> > >

> > > I was just interested in your thoughts.. it would be awesome to see that definitely

> > >

> > > I wonder if JT is getting talked about so much, besides him winning. Is because he is 150 wet but hitting... bombs

> > >

> > Rickie hits it far as well and he doesn’t seem to go all out and I believe he is using a shorter driver shaft too. Something like 43”.

> >

> He still that short?

>

> Heck Jimmy Walker went 42.5 for a Hawaii tourney.

>

> I still think it’s their flexibility side of things that generates a lot of speed

>

I’m not sure on length if he has gone to longer.

Not sure source is good but this says still had 43.5”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/progolfnow.com/2019/05/02/golf-tips-driver-length-accuracy/amp/

Rick has been predictably quiet today, given the F you Sandbagger Sully delivered via his net 62 this weekend. But what Sully doesn't know is that Rick isn't quiet because he's sulking, or throwing the towel in. Quite the contrary, actually. Rick is quietly gathering the data, and crunching the numbers to put together a case for Sully to be the first player in the history of the Hive to get a handicap reduction due to exceptional tournament scores. Sully blew his D-Tip one event too early, with the club championship just a month away.

• Like 1

> @"mizuno player" said:

> > @jak77 said:

> > Hey fellas, just moved to the area a few months ago and looking for a reputable place to get fitted (driver first, irons later). I’m in the Ft Meade area pretty close to Nighthawk and Arundel. Read some pretty old reviews about Nighthawk but looking to see if anyone has some recent experience. I do like the fact that you can see your ball flight outdoors even if it’s off mats and not grass. Also have read good things about Golf care center in Bethesda and Golf Doctor in DC. Would be happy to hear any recommendations. Thanks!

>

> My vote is golf care.

> > @jak77 said:

> > Hey fellas, just moved to the area a few months ago and looking for a reputable place to get fitted (driver first, irons later). I’m in the Ft Meade area pretty close to Nighthawk and Arundel. Read some pretty old reviews about Nighthawk but looking to see if anyone has some recent experience. I do like the fact that you can see your ball flight outdoors even if it’s off mats and not grass. Also have read good things about Golf care center in Bethesda and Golf Doctor in DC. Would be happy to hear any recommendations. Thanks!

>

> Brandon is one of the best fitters in the area at nighthawk. Caries all brands and will put it you in what’s best for you.

>

> Off mats yes but see ball flight with trackman numbers. — beats fitting in doors

>

> Also some Demoes are still happening in the area for all companies. Just have to search.

>

> Welcome to MD..

>

Thank you gents. Any other opinions?

> @FAbb said:

> Rick has been predictably quiet today, given the F you Sandbagger Sully delivered via his net 62 this weekend. But what Sully doesn't know is that Rick isn't quiet because he's sulking, or throwing the towel in. Quite the contrary, actually. Rick is quietly gathering the data, and crunching the numbers to put together a case for Sully to be the first player in the history of the Hive to get a handicap reduction due to exceptional tournament scores. Sully blew his D-Tip one event too early, with the club championship just a month away.

I'm bulletproof. I've got a great alibi in that a bunch of ~~suckers ~~ Hivers attested almost all my rounds. If I go down, I'm talking all of them with me.

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/83b5555a-f5c4-410f-9f7a-9a5c2f4cd513

Back in my day, tips were for cart girls. And the only thing frosted was my mini-wheats.

• Like 2

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

> @jak77 said:

> > @"mizuno player" said:

> > > @jak77 said:

> > > Hey fellas, just moved to the area a few months ago and looking for a reputable place to get fitted (driver first, irons later). I’m in the Ft Meade area pretty close to Nighthawk and Arundel. Read some pretty old reviews about Nighthawk but looking to see if anyone has some recent experience. I do like the fact that you can see your ball flight outdoors even if it’s off mats and not grass. Also have read good things about Golf care center in Bethesda and Golf Doctor in DC. Would be happy to hear any recommendations. Thanks!

> >

> > My vote is golf care.

>

> > @misplacedtexan83 said:

> > > @jak77 said:

> > > Hey fellas, just moved to the area a few months ago and looking for a reputable place to get fitted (driver first, irons later). I’m in the Ft Meade area pretty close to Nighthawk and Arundel. Read some pretty old reviews about Nighthawk but looking to see if anyone has some recent experience. I do like the fact that you can see your ball flight outdoors even if it’s off mats and not grass. Also have read good things about Golf care center in Bethesda and Golf Doctor in DC. Would be happy to hear any recommendations. Thanks!

> >

> > Brandon is one of the best fitters in the area at nighthawk. Caries all brands and will put it you in what’s best for you.

> >

> > Off mats yes but see ball flight with trackman numbers. — beats fitting in doors

> >

> > Also some Demoes are still happening in the area for all companies. Just have to search.

> >

> > Welcome to MD..

> >

>

> Thank you gents. Any other opinions?

There’s club champion in rockville but they are expensive if you buy things from them. They have stock pricing but for higher end shafts, you’ll pay. They have trackman but it’s indoors. You could try Second Swing in Columbia.

> @therealsneek said:

> Golfholics just released the first video in a Bandon series they are doing. They make some quality videos if you have never checked them out before.

>

Yummy. Will watch at least 14 more times.

RIP TM Stealth2 10.5*  Welcome back OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Ventus Blue Velocore+ 7s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P // PXG Gen6 XP
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom / TM Spider // Left Dash

> @gsrjc said:

> > @jak77 said:

> > > @"mizuno player" said:

> > > > @jak77 said:

> > > > Hey fellas, just moved to the area a few months ago and looking for a reputable place to get fitted (driver first, irons later). I’m in the Ft Meade area pretty close to Nighthawk and Arundel. Read some pretty old reviews about Nighthawk but looking to see if anyone has some recent experience. I do like the fact that you can see your ball flight outdoors even if it’s off mats and not grass. Also have read good things about Golf care center in Bethesda and Golf Doctor in DC. Would be happy to hear any recommendations. Thanks!

> > >

> > > My vote is golf care.

> >

> > > @misplacedtexan83 said:

> > > > @jak77 said:

> > > > Hey fellas, just moved to the area a few months ago and looking for a reputable place to get fitted (driver first, irons later). I’m in the Ft Meade area pretty close to Nighthawk and Arundel. Read some pretty old reviews about Nighthawk but looking to see if anyone has some recent experience. I do like the fact that you can see your ball flight outdoors even if it’s off mats and not grass. Also have read good things about Golf care center in Bethesda and Golf Doctor in DC. Would be happy to hear any recommendations. Thanks!

> > >

> > > Brandon is one of the best fitters in the area at nighthawk. Caries all brands and will put it you in what’s best for you.

> > >

> > > Off mats yes but see ball flight with trackman numbers. — beats fitting in doors

> > >

> > > Also some Demoes are still happening in the area for all companies. Just have to search.

> > >

> > > Welcome to MD..

> > >

> >

> > Thank you gents. Any other opinions?

> There’s club champion in rockville but they are expensive if you buy things from them. They have stock pricing but for higher end shafts, you’ll pay. They have trackman but it’s indoors. You could try Second Swing in Columbia.

>

Yeah I went in to second swing the other week to have a look around and was actually shocked they had so many bays with trackman. My only concern with them is them just trying to get people “fitted” to buy something in their store. Anyone have experience with their process?

> @jak77 said:

> Yeah I went in to second swing the other week to have a look around and was actually shocked they had so many bays with trackman. My only concern with them is them just trying to get people “fitted” to buy something in their store. Anyone have experience with their process?

Most guys in here have been pretty impressed with SS so far.

As far as fitters go, its 50-50 to me. I think the whole "outside over inside" *can* be overrated. Is it "worse" to be fit indoors at a place like Club Champion, using the exact ball you use already, on Trackman - vs getting fit outdoors at a range with junky range balls? Which one is "better"?

CC does an excellent job with their fittings - provided you are going to order elsewhere. In NoVa I'd highly recommend the guys at Westfields as well, indoor studio hitting outdoors onto their range.

• Like 1

Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

> @jak77 said:

> > @gsrjc said:

> > > @jak77 said:

> > > > @"mizuno player" said:

> > > > > @jak77 said:

> > > > > Hey fellas, just moved to the area a few months ago and looking for a reputable place to get fitted (driver first, irons later). I’m in the Ft Meade area pretty close to Nighthawk and Arundel. Read some pretty old reviews about Nighthawk but looking to see if anyone has some recent experience. I do like the fact that you can see your ball flight outdoors even if it’s off mats and not grass. Also have read good things about Golf care center in Bethesda and Golf Doctor in DC. Would be happy to hear any recommendations. Thanks!

> > > >

> > > > My vote is golf care.

> > >

> > > > @misplacedtexan83 said:

> > > > > @jak77 said:

> > > > > Hey fellas, just moved to the area a few months ago and looking for a reputable place to get fitted (driver first, irons later). I’m in the Ft Meade area pretty close to Nighthawk and Arundel. Read some pretty old reviews about Nighthawk but looking to see if anyone has some recent experience. I do like the fact that you can see your ball flight outdoors even if it’s off mats and not grass. Also have read good things about Golf care center in Bethesda and Golf Doctor in DC. Would be happy to hear any recommendations. Thanks!

> > > >

> > > > Brandon is one of the best fitters in the area at nighthawk. Caries all brands and will put it you in what’s best for you.

> > > >

> > > > Off mats yes but see ball flight with trackman numbers. — beats fitting in doors

> > > >

> > > > Also some Demoes are still happening in the area for all companies. Just have to search.

> > > >

> > > > Welcome to MD..

> > > >

> > >

> > > Thank you gents. Any other opinions?

> > There’s club champion in rockville but they are expensive if you buy things from them. They have stock pricing but for higher end shafts, you’ll pay. They have trackman but it’s indoors. You could try Second Swing in Columbia.

> >

>

> Yeah I went in to second swing the other week to have a look around and was actually shocked they had so many bays with trackman. My only concern with them is them just trying to get people “fitted” to buy something in their store. Anyone have experience with their process?

It’s a golf store it’s their jobs.

There is a demo side and “fitting” side. However, people will help you to better this or that.

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

> @dcmidnight said:

> > @jak77 said:

> > Yeah I went in to second swing the other week to have a look around and was actually shocked they had so many bays with trackman. My only concern with them is them just trying to get people “fitted” to buy something in their store. Anyone have experience with their process?

>

> Most guys in here have been pretty impressed with SS so far.

>

> As far as fitters go, its 50-50 to me. I think the whole "outside over inside" *can* be overrated. Is it "worse" to be fit indoors at a place like Club Champion, using the exact ball you use already, on Trackman - vs getting fit outdoors at a range with junky range balls? Which one is "better"?

>

> CC does an excellent job with their fittings - provided you are going to order elsewhere. In NoVa I'd highly recommend the guys at Westfields as well, indoor studio hitting outdoors onto their range.

>

>

Same conditions, same ball fitting with old and new will show number one ways or another— improvement or not

Normalization on the trackman take away “crappy” ball..

I would rather see my launch, direction and yardage on a range than into a net.

However— club champion has every option to hit

protos F4

> > @dcmidnight said:

> > > @jak77 said:

> > > Yeah I went in to second swing the other week to have a look around and was actually shocked they had so many bays with trackman. My only concern with them is them just trying to get people “fitted” to buy something in their store. Anyone have experience with their process?

> >

> > Most guys in here have been pretty impressed with SS so far.

> >

> > As far as fitters go, its 50-50 to me. I think the whole "outside over inside" *can* be overrated. Is it "worse" to be fit indoors at a place like Club Champion, using the exact ball you use already, on Trackman - vs getting fit outdoors at a range with junky range balls? Which one is "better"?

> >

> > CC does an excellent job with their fittings - provided you are going to order elsewhere. In NoVa I'd highly recommend the guys at Westfields as well, indoor studio hitting outdoors onto their range.

> >

> >

>

> Same conditions, same ball fitting with old and new will show number one ways or another— improvement or not

>

> Normalization on the trackman take away “crappy” ball..

>

> I would rather see my launch, direction and yardage on a range than into a net.

>

> However— club champion has every option to hit

Yeah I agree which is why I was originally asking about Nighthawk since they use a launch monitor on the range. My only concern with them is that I'm pretty sure they use range balls. I'd rather hit normal balls. I'll look into Westfields. I dont mind making a trip.

1757 studio is another if you are heading out thst way..

But Westfields does a great job for sure

protos F4

> @jak77 said:

> > > @dcmidnight said:

> > > > @jak77 said:

> > > > Yeah I went in to second swing the other week to have a look around and was actually shocked they had so many bays with trackman. My only concern with them is them just trying to get people “fitted” to buy something in their store. Anyone have experience with their process?

> > >

> > > Most guys in here have been pretty impressed with SS so far.

> > >

> > > As far as fitters go, its 50-50 to me. I think the whole "outside over inside" *can* be overrated. Is it "worse" to be fit indoors at a place like Club Champion, using the exact ball you use already, on Trackman - vs getting fit outdoors at a range with junky range balls? Which one is "better"?

> > >

> > > CC does an excellent job with their fittings - provided you are going to order elsewhere. In NoVa I'd highly recommend the guys at Westfields as well, indoor studio hitting outdoors onto their range.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Same conditions, same ball fitting with old and new will show number one ways or another— improvement or not

> >

> > Normalization on the trackman take away “crappy” ball..

> >

> > I would rather see my launch, direction and yardage on a range than into a net.

> >

> > However— club champion has every option to hit

>

> Yeah I agree which is why I was originally asking about Nighthawk since they use a launch monitor on the range. My only concern with them is that I'm pretty sure they use range balls. I'd rather hit normal balls. I'll look into Westfields. I dont mind making a trip.

Woodholme is having a Callaway demo day Sat Sept 7 not sure the time.

They use titleist balls but limited to only Callaway clubs with trackman.

Demo days are free just call the pro shop to set up an appointment

protos F4

> Woodholme is having a Callaway demo day Sat Sept 7 not sure the time.

>

> They use titleist balls but limited to only Callaway clubs with trackman.

>

> Demo days are free just call the pro shop to set up an appointment

I'm planning on going to the Callaway demo at Burke Lake on 10/6. It'll be the first time seeing my numbers in about 7 years

> @Sterling_247 said:

> > Woodholme is having a Callaway demo day Sat Sept 7 not sure the time.

> >

> > They use titleist balls but limited to only Callaway clubs with trackman.

> >

> > Demo days are free just call the pro shop to set up an appointment

>

> I'm planning on going to the Callaway demo at Burke Lake on 10/6. It'll be the first time seeing my numbers in about 7 years

>

>

Can’t wait to hear about those numbers

Make sure they email you the trackman report afterwards

Hopefully those range ball don’t mess with a + handicap :)

protos F4

> @Sterling_247 said:

> I'm planning on going to the Callaway demo at Burke Lake on 10/6. It'll be the first time seeing my numbers in about 7 years

>

I have legitimate concerns with whether or not the range is long enough for you LOL.

Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Funny story :

I don't know if you guys remember, but a little while back on twitter, NLU posted a funny picture of Big Randy and DJ Pie sitting at a bar and someone on twitter wrote, "someone should photoshop this into Nighthawks by Edward Hopper".

Which I did -- WITH MS PAINT, MIND YOU -- and it came out funny. . .

2x2a8uvnevjf.jpg

Anyway, about a week ago Hoop -- who has been in the market for a new t-shirt apparently -- sends me an email, "Have you seen this?"

https://store.nolayingup.com/collections/t-shirts/products/strapped-t-shirt?variant=27731243991115

They're selling the T-shirt with "my" design. And I put "my" in quotes because all I really did was shop them two into a famous painting. Still, I did make it, with the _expertise_ I've developed in MS Paint. Various reactions with people I've shared this with have ranged from "meh" to "this bleep bleeps me the bleep off." Particularly mad are the couple of creatives I know who get very mad at uncredited appropriation of things other people made (again, "made").

I let NLU know, anyway, that I didn't think it was cool, and they tossed me fiddy bucks for the store.

Moral of story : all the MS Paint work I've done over the years finally paid off. I ordered the Nighthawks T-shirt for myself. It's got a built-in story. I bro-deal'ed Hoop a freebie and he got himself this sweet AK shirt. . .

![](https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0879/5498/products/9f32acff8cb8c64910867abf45e35080_2000x.jpg "")

• Like 2

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

So they admit without admitting that they outright stole your design - and they "made it up to you" by giving you store credit so that you could go around giving them more free advertising by wearing their gear?

Sounds pretty much exactly how I would see NLU handling this.

• Like 1

Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*