Mizuno JPX919 Tour, Hot Metal and Forged irons

GolfWRX

Our fitting heads arrived for the Tour and Forged. The Tour feels amazing. Going back and forth between the DG120 and a Modus 120. Thinking these will beat out the i210 for my next irons.

They finally got with the program and switched to the 7 iron heads, at least that's what I was told would be arriving. Is that what you have? It never made any sense to me why a company would use 6 iron heads on a fitting cart.

Yes. They changed to 7 iron heads this year.

[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M2 10.5 w/KK Silver 60 S [/b][/color]
[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M1 3(15) w/KK Black 70 S [/b][/color]
[b][color=#0000ff]TM Rescue 11 3(18) w/NVS Org Next Gen 85 S
Nike VPC 4-PW w/Nippon Modus Tour 120 Stiff[/color][/b]
[color=#000000][b]TM MG2 52 SB and 58 LB w/DGS200  [/b]
[b]TM Spider X Copper [/b][/color]
[b][color=#000000]TM TP5 Pix[/color][/b]

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Demo'd the Forged 7 iron head yesterday with an XP 105 S300 shaft, nice but wasn't blown away. Ball flight was a draw that wanted to go a little left on me for whatever reason, and feel was good but a little clunky compared to my MMC's. There's a lot of material in the Forged head, for lack of better description, it's pretty chunky. Forgiveness seemed good but not so much more than my MMC to make me want to switch. MMC's safe for now.

Ping G410 Plus 10.5

Ping G410 5 Wood 

Ping G430 22* Hybrid 

Srixon ZX5 4-AW
Titleist SM10 Raw 54*, 58*

Evnroll ER1.2 Tour Blade

Chrome Soft X Trutrack '24

Vessel Lite Lux

We got the tour heads in the other day and I tried them out they performed the same as my current irons 718 ap2 it maybe an illusion but the ap2s actually appear thinner at address this may be due to the more rounded edges compared to the sharp edges of the tour. Great looking sticks just no need to change at this time I prefer my current irons.

Demo'd the Forged 7 iron head yesterday with an XP 105 S300 shaft, nice but wasn't blown away. Ball flight was a draw that wanted to go a little left on me for whatever reason, and feel was good but a little clunky compared to my MMC's. There's a lot of material in the Forged head, for lack of better description, it's pretty chunky. Forgiveness seemed good but not so much more than my MMC to make me want to switch. MMC's safe for now.

Inside or out? If on a sim, I noticed that turf tends to catch the club more than on grass. Chunky? I don't see it at address and that's what matters. For me, feel was great on flushed shots but that was inside so I reserve judgment. I like the tech in the forged - they milled through the sole to make more of the face thinner and faster - impressive offering.

Forged on top, Tour is bottom pic - one doesn't expect the Forged to look like the Tour - it's a different design - between Tour and HM, but Mizuno does a great job of going from Tour to Forged.

Father, Wannabe Golfer, Novelist

• Ping G430 Max 9/TPT 19Hi @45.25
  • Ping G430 3 wd/TPT 19 Hi
  • Callaway Paradym 18 w/TPTGolf 18 Hi
  • Ping G430 4H & 5H w/TPTGolf Hybrid Shaft
  • Ping i230 6-PW Recoil Dart 90
  • Artisan 50, 55, 59 w/ Nippon 105 Wedge
  • Putter:  LAB Cobalt Blue DF3 w/TPT Shaft
  • Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x
  • Ping ChipR in messy or no turf conditions

I may have missed this in the thread. Anyone hit the 919 pro hot Metal?

I've searched online but haven't found anything specific to this head.

Doesn't exist in the marketplace 'til February.

Father, Wannabe Golfer, Novelist

• Ping G430 Max 9/TPT 19Hi @45.25
  • Ping G430 3 wd/TPT 19 Hi
  • Callaway Paradym 18 w/TPTGolf 18 Hi
  • Ping G430 4H & 5H w/TPTGolf Hybrid Shaft
  • Ping i230 6-PW Recoil Dart 90
  • Artisan 50, 55, 59 w/ Nippon 105 Wedge
  • Putter:  LAB Cobalt Blue DF3 w/TPT Shaft
  • Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x
  • Ping ChipR in messy or no turf conditions

Well my 919 Tours arrived.

Way more comparable shape and size to my Scratch SB1s than the Mp5. so much better to look at, will see how they perform.

Very envious, mine are still in production as of this AM. Hoping they ship out later today so I can get a round in this week or weekend

I love how yours are on the way, with a sig and a pic of shiny MP-18's. A true WRX'er right there! lol

Titleist TSi3 8º - LAGP DJ 65-6
Titleist TSi3 15º - LAGP TourAxs Blue 
Mizuno Pro 225 2i - C-TaperL
Mizuno Pro 245  5-GW C-Taper 
Mizuno T22  52º, 56º, 60º C-Taper

Scotty Special Select Newport 2 
Titleist Left Dash -ProV1x

Did a fitting today for the Tour.

I had been playing mp5 / mp 15 combo which have been great for me. Tried the mp 18 line but I just did not get along with those.

Shaft was project x 6.5 which is what i play now.

The Tour feels softer and more forgiving than the mp5.

I was able to pick up a bit more ball speed and better dispersion which was great.

I ordered the 4 in the forged and

5-p in the tour.

I had been playing mp5 / mp 15 combo which have been great for me. Tried the mp 18 line but I just did not get along with those.

I was able to pick up a bit more ball speed and better dispersion which was great.

5-p in the tour.

A JPX...SOFTER... then the MP5? That's quite the statement there.

AB TP 10.5*/ DI6X
AB TP 3HL / 757
XTD 19*/ Fubuki Ax
DWS 24*/ VS Proto
J15 CB 5-PW/ Modus 3 125S
X-Forged MD (50*, 56* 60*)
Spider Si/ SS Mid SLim 2.0

5-p in the tour.

A JPX...SOFTER... then the MP5? That's quite the statement there.

I would agree. they do feel like my Scratch SB1s do.

5-p in the tour.

and they are much better looking in the 8 and 9 than the Mp5.

• Titleist TSR3 9* Ventus Black 6X
  • Taylormade Sim2 15* Tensei White 80TX
  • TM Stealth 2 Iron or Ping i59 3 iron Project X 7.0
  • Artisan MB 4-9 Project X 7.0
  • Artisan 46*, 50* Project X 6.5
  • Artisan  55*, 60* S400
  • Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217

Way more comparable shape and size to my Scratch SB1s than the Mp5. so much better to look at, will see how they perform.

Very envious, mine are still in production as of this AM. Hoping they ship out later today so I can get a round in this week or weekend

I love how yours are on the way, with a sig and a pic of shiny MP-18's. A true WRX'er right there! lol

It's a disease without a cure. I won't be the first one selling a set of JPX 919's on the BST though...http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1693728-mizuno-919-tours-gfore-polos-medium/

It's a disease without a cure. I won't be the first one selling a set of JPX 919's on the BST though...http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1693728-mizuno-919-tours-gfore-polos-medium/

Unreal. lol

Titleist TSi3 8º - LAGP DJ 65-6
Titleist TSi3 15º - LAGP TourAxs Blue 
Mizuno Pro 225 2i - C-TaperL
Mizuno Pro 245  5-GW C-Taper 
Mizuno T22  52º, 56º, 60º C-Taper

Scotty Special Select Newport 2 
Titleist Left Dash -ProV1x

Well finally had a chance to hit the 919 forged. Doesnt feel like the 900 forged feels more solid and its more compact than the 900 forged. Topline is still a litte thick but leas so than say a CF16. I compared apprarances to my 0311 and 0311 is little thinner on topline but 919 forged was a little bit smaller. Frankly didnt feel that different at all than 0311. Color me surprised and also love the looks over ihe 900 forged. Man may have to get a set.

My 919 Tours (6-PW) arrive tomorrow, one day ahead of schedule! I have 2 rounds booked for this weekend and am excited to play them.

As I reflect on my approach and decision regarding my change from JPX 900 forged to JPX 919 tour, I wanted to ensure my process was the correct one. I scheduled a session with my local PGA tour superstore expert - the one guy that really knows what he is talking about. We discussed my goals and what I wanted to get out of the upgrade. After 15 warm-up swings, I decided to hit 20 balls each with my existing JPX 900 forged 7 iron, and with the JPX 919 tour using the same shaft and length. I then compared all relevant data points - back spin, launch angles, ball speed, carry distance, total distance, descent angle, etc. I tried to ensure all variables were the same with the exception of the club head to ensure I had good data. After analyzing the results the conclusion was clear as day - I would have been much better off spending $749.95 on lessons and range balls, than buying new irons.

Of course, I bought them anyway...

My 919 Tours (6-PW) arrive tomorrow, one day ahead of schedule! I have 2 rounds booked for this weekend and am excited to play them.

As I reflect on my approach and decision regarding my change from JPX 900 forged to JPX 919 tour, I wanted to ensure my process was the correct one. I scheduled a session with my local PGA tour superstore expert - the one guy that really knows what he is talking about. We discussed my goals and what I wanted to get out of the upgrade. After 15 warm-up swings, I decided to hit 20 balls each with my existing JPX 900 forged 7 iron, and with the JPX 919 tour using the same shaft and length. I then compared all relevant data points - back spin, launch angles, ball speed, carry distance, total distance, descent angle, etc. I tried to ensure all variables were the same with the exception of the club head to ensure I had good data. After analyzing the results the conclusion was clear as day - I would have been much better off spending $749.95 on lessons and range balls, than buying new irons.

Of course, I bought them anyway...

that's funny and so true.

except the lofts are different surely.

• Titleist TSR3 9* Ventus Black 6X
  • Taylormade Sim2 15* Tensei White 80TX
  • TM Stealth 2 Iron or Ping i59 3 iron Project X 7.0
  • Artisan MB 4-9 Project X 7.0
  • Artisan 46*, 50* Project X 6.5
  • Artisan  55*, 60* S400
  • Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217

Placed my order today. 919 Tour 5-P KBS Tour X plus 1/2" 1* Flat. I am bending the 5 iron 2* strong and ordered a Hot Metal 4 iron same specs. Since they don't make a Gap Wedge, I am ordering another Vokey Wedgeworks 50*. Can't wait.

Ping G430 Max 9* Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 6X
Ping G425 Max 14.5 Alta CB 65S
Callaway Rogue ST Max 18* Tensei Blue 75S

PXG 0211 XCOR2 5-GW
Titleist SM9  52*F 56*D and 60*D
L.A.B. Link1/Scotty Newport
Srixon Z Star XV

919F definitely look better in person, topline doesn’t look as thick as I thought it looked in the picture, at address they look pretty similar to the 900F. So I will have to test against the 785s and see which one wins out for me. The plus for the 919 is I can throw in the tours in the short irons

My Golf Galaxy finally had all 3 sets of the 919's on display. I'm still torn on tour versus forged since the tours look so good, but probably going forged for a little more forgiveness. Also can't decide on what grips to buy with project x 6.5 shafts since the blue label sticks out so much making my favorite color and grip red multi compounds not look so good. Kind of annoying the project x are like that because the blue multi compound mcc+4 don't match either.

Also to the above post the 718 AP2's most definitely have thinner top lines than the 919T from what I saw today.

Titleist TSR3 8 deg - Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6X

Titleist TSi3 15 deg - Fujikura Ventus Black 8X

Titleist TSR3 19 deg - Fujikura Ventus Black HB 9TX

Titleist T200 4 - TT DG TI X100

Titleist T100 (2019) 5-PW - TT DG TI X100

Vokey SM10 Jet Black 50.12 F - TT DG TI X100

Vokey SM10 Jet Black 54.14 F - TT DG TI S400

Vokey SM10 Jet Black 58.08 M - TT DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

Titleist ProV1

My Golf Galaxy finally had all 3 sets of the 919's on display. I'm still torn on tour versus forged since the tours look so good, but probably going forged for a little more forgiveness. Also can't decide on what grips to buy with project x 6.5 shafts since the blue label sticks out so much making my favorite color and grip red multi compounds not look so good. Kind of annoying the project x are like that because the blue multi compound mcc+4 don't match either.

Also to the above post the 718 AP2's most definitely have thinner top lines than the 919T from what I saw today.

I have the gray mcc+ 4 midsize with the PX shaft. They look good.

I have the gray mcc+ 4 midsize with the PX shaft. They look good.

Yeah I saw these in store and was kind of leaning toward these for the plus 4 grips. Do you have pictures of them I could see?

Titleist ProV1

Why don’t you just get them with the labels removed?

The Forged are a LOT more forgiveness -- there are three clubs in between the 919 Tour and 919 Forged -- the MP 18 SC, MMC, and Fli-Hi. Wouldn't make sense to teeter between 919T and 919F.

The Forged are a LOT more forgiveness -- there are three clubs in between the 919 Tour and 919 Forged -- the MP 18 SC, MMC, and Fli-Hi. Wouldn't make sense to teeter between 919T and 919F.

I love the look of the JPX line and have hit the MP 18 SC and MMC and wasn't feeling them. Prefer my AP2's to those irons.

And how would I get the project x labels removed? Wasn't aware I could order them that way but that would be awesome.

Titleist ProV1

I love the look of the JPX line and have hit the MP 18 SC and MMC and wasn't feeling them. Prefer my AP2's to those irons.

And how would I get the project x labels removed? Wasn't aware I could order them that way but that would be awesome.

You can ask for them to be built without the labels or just take them off yourself when you get them.

You can ask the builders for anything. I actually asked mizuno for a 2,5 layer of tape under the grips and even my fitter was baffled at the request. Once I explained it to them, it was cake.

You can get shafts in marked. Hard step and soft step. Grip logos literally any way you want.

The only thing I thing is lacking and gets no love is paint full on club heads / personalization. When my 919 tours arrive, I plan to fill the mizuno logo with either orange, red, or blue paint. Mizuno doesn’t offer this that I am aware

Finally got to hit the tours at GG tonight. They were pretty nice, but I preferred the MP-18

Taylormade Stealth Plus// HZRDUS RDS Black 
Callaway X2Hot 5 Deep // Aldila Tour Green

Taylormade Stealth 7 Wood // Diamana D Limited

Taylormade P790 UDI // Tensei Pro White
Cobra F7 Hybrid 23.5// Diamana D+
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-GW // Project X
Taylormade Mill Grind 52 // DG S400
Taylormade Mill Grind 58 // DG S400
Odyssey White Hot OG 7

You can ask for them to be built without the labels or just take them off yourself when you get them.

You cannot order PX shafts without the labels. You have to remove them yourself. They are a heat transferred label and come from True Temper installed.