Taylormade M5 & M6 Woods - Pics added page 46

chadillac65

It certainly would help if I actually looked in the main forum for this thread. Missed the switchover. Probably in subliminal denial because the m5 tour is nowhere to be found at the moment :)

Callaway Paradym TD “S” 420cc 8.5 Project X Evenflow Riptide MX 60TX

Callaway OG Apex UW 21.0 MCA MMT 80X

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP 4 Iron Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Mizuno Pro 243 5-GW Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Mizuno T24 56/12S Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

So. Thanks to Taylormade being SUCH an illustrious company and disregarding 2 phone calls and 2 emails about working on swingweight from trimming the shaft, I am now working with a nice 6 grams lead tape on the sole of the club. That's a lot of ugliness on bottom.

Oh well. She is dialed in and ticking on all cylinders. Middle strikes are solid and absolutely fly. Fly birdy fly fly fly. This is on an M6, I should note. Never had a great eye for guessing spin like some of our WRXers on here but, judging from flight, it's pretty awesome.

If you'd like to know specs:

M6 - 9 degrees

Even Flow White 65 Gram 6.5 Flex

1/2" Tipped and 1/2" Trimmed

Came to me at swing weight D1.5 - With lead tape now about D3 high to D4ish.

She is a damn fairway finder sniper.

I'm still honeymoon phasing but, things are looking up.

Does anyone know if the 150% trade in is a US only deal. Have one sitting in my cart on the canadian site but can't find any links to trades.

Interested in this as well

Driver: Cobra LTDxLS @ 9º (8.25º) w/ Fujikura Speeder TR 661s

Fairway: Callaway Mavrik 4W @ 16º w/ ProjectX Evenflow Black 70s

Hybrid: Sub70 939x 4H @ 21º w/ ProjectX Black Hybrid 6.0

Irons: Artisan HC 4/5 w/ Steelfiber i95cw Stiff; 6-PW w/ Steelfiber i110cw Stiff

Wedges: Artisan Raw 51º, 56º, 61º w/ Modus 120s (to  be re-shafted with Steelfibers to match irons)

Putter: Artisan 0318 Deep Milled

Got my M5 3 wood last night. Really good looking and sits really nice. Reminds me of the RBZ Tour fairway a little bit which was awesome. Hopefully get it on a sim in the next few weeks

My M5 Rocket is scheduled for delivery today. Have time scheduled on the sim tomorrow for testing. Cannot wait!

TaylorMade Stealth2 Plus 9.0, Ventus Black 6X, 45.5"

TaylorMade Stealth2 Plus 4 (16.5), HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 6.5 70g, 42.5"

TaylorMade P790 3 (2021), DG X100 (SSx2)

TaylorMade P7MC Raw 4-PW, DG Mid X100 (SSx1)
TaylorMade MG4 50, 54 - DG S400

Titleist SM9 58T - DG S400
Scotty Cameron Oil Can Newport, 34"
TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

My WITB Post

Got my M5 3 wood last night. Really good looking and sits really nice. Reminds me of the RBZ Tour fairway a little bit which was awesome. Hopefully get it on a sim in the next few weeks

it does look awesome at address. I'm really hoping you guys won't slobber all over this 3 wood I could see myself spending more money this year

So spent a lot of time today at golf town hitting the m5 10.5. The smoke was terrible, too heavy and demanding over 70 grams at a stiff. I hit the regular orange in a stiff with that too long a shaft at 45.75 inches. However the numbers were interesting to say the least. I did play around with the weights which I have to admit worked amazingly well at changing shot shape.

So, started with the non pro orange in the stiff, average launch 15 degrees with one weight fully forward, the other weight in the back track in draw and neutral positions. Average swing speed 105 ( interesting how HD golf simulators say my swing speed is like 110+?? But at golf town it was 106 max with what i think was trackman? Someone can weigh in on this please)

Spin was averaging 1700 at 15 degree launch!!! Carry was 270 rolling out to 290 to 300 ish.

The associate uses a pro orange stiff so he brought it out and we put it in the head but played at 44.5 inches!! Spin was 2000, dispersion was tighter, feel was tighter, still launches at 15 degrees. This thing felt like c5 but funny enough I got used to it

The boys there have thrown the idea of swing weight into a different discussion altogether . That intrigued me. The evidence was there with the 50 or so shots that I hit combined. They said they could add a weight but what’s the point if the numbers were the same. And the numbers were the same. I don’t think I was entirely comfortable at 44.5. I think 45 is the middle ground here.

I want to try the m5 tour. We are at least a month away from heads coming. If I can throw the weights back and still get 15 launch and 2000 spin and same dispersion, then I will pull the trigger on the 435 head.

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

So spent a lot of time today at golf town hitting the m5 10.5. The smoke was terrible, too heavy and demanding over 70 grams at a stiff. I hit the regular orange in a stiff with that too long a shaft at 45.75 inches. However the numbers were interesting to say the least. I did play around with the weights which I have to admit worked amazingly well at changing shot shape.

So, started with the non pro orange in the stiff, average launch 15 degrees with one weight fully forward, the other weight in the back track in draw and neutral positions. Average swing speed 105 ( interesting how HD golf simulators say my swing speed is like 110+?? But at golf town it was 106 max with what i think was trackman? Someone can weigh in on this please)

Spin was averaging 1700 at 15 degree launch!!! Carry was 270 rolling out to 290 to 300 ish.

The associate uses a pro orange stiff so he brought it out and we put it in the head but played at 44.5 inches!! Spin was 2000, dispersion was tighter, feel was tighter, still launches at 15 degrees. This thing felt like c5 but funny enough I got used to it

The boys there have thrown the idea of swing weight into a different discussion altogether . That intrigued me. The evidence was there with the 50 or so shots that I hit combined. They said they could add a weight but what’s the point if the numbers were the same. And the numbers were the same. I don’t think I was entirely comfortable at 44.5. I think 45 is the middle ground here.

I want to try the m5 tour. We are at least a month away from heads coming. If I can throw the weights back and still get 15 launch and 2000 spin and same dispersion, then I will pull the trigger on the 435 head.

Sounds like you are spinning the regular M5 dangerously low already. Why move to the less forgiving smaller head?

Sounds like you are spinning the regular M5 dangerously low already. Why move to the less forgiving smaller head?

I’m not sure it is that dangerous at 15 launch. Like there was zero nucklers in my 50 or so shots. The tour head is 300 rpm lower and throwing the 2nd weigh back will create more spin and moi. I really don’t like big headed drivers and I feel I can swing them faster. There are three drivers in my hall of fame heads, being the Cleveland Launcher 400, the RBZ Tour (some golf town controversy over whether it was a 460 head or smaller) , and the Razr Fit Xtreme

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

I’m not sure it is that dangerous at 15 launch. Like there was zero nucklers in my 50 or so shots. The tour head is 300 rpm lower and throwing the 2nd weigh back will create more spin and moi. I really don’t like big headed drivers and I feel I can swing them faster. There are three drivers in my hall of fame heads, being the Cleveland Launcher 400, the RBZ Tour (some golf town controversy over whether it was a 460 head or smaller) , and the Razr Fit Xtreme

Just think you're looking at this backwards. You'll never get more MOI n the smaller head yet it appears you are well in reach of getting optimal spin numbers with the 460 head. Pick the right shaft that allows you to move the weights back in the 460 head and get the spin where you need it. Moving to a smaller head just to be able to move the weights back for more forgiveness is not the right approach here.

Just think you're looking at this backwards. You'll never get more MOI n the smaller head yet it appears you are well in reach of getting optimal spin numbers with the 460 head. Pick the right shaft that allows you to move the weights back in the 460 head and get the spin where you need it. Moving to a smaller head just to be able to move the weights back for more forgiveness is not the right approach here.

If he prefers the smaller head (there are those that do), then it is a valid path to take. Just because it's smaller doesn't mean he can't get the spin in the same ballpark by moving the weights back. I don't think he is claiming that the 435 with the weight back will have more MOI than the 460. I am in a similar boat as him. For some reason the 460 version of both the M3 and M5 look absolutely huge. Not a fan. I tried the M3 and hated everything about it. My buddy came in with his M3 440 and it was night and day better for me. Point being, there are other tangibles that go into a decision beyond launch monitor and MOI numbers.

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5* w/Kai'Li 70TX
Ping G430 Max 15* w/OG Ventus Blue 7X
Titleist TSR2 7w w/Ventus Red TR 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Bettinardi BB1 w/UST Mamiya All-In Graphite 
Mizuno Copper T22 52, 56, 60 w/MCA MMT 125TX Wedge Shafts
TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

Would you not get more moi if you pushed weights in the back of the track of the m5? Or m5 tour? What am I missing here?

There’s a whole generation that grew up her only ever knowing 460 heads. I grew up with the first tm drivers ever at maybe 140 cc. So the reality is that I have never been willing to embrace these crazy stretched shapes, particularly the epic flash regular and the g400. They don’t suit my eye and so I’m really not interested at all in them. What I want is my holy grail. Forgiveness and distance in a sub 460 head with great looks. Basically that narrows the 2019 driver field to exactly one driver. And really the ideal shape for me is the Callaway DBD 815 and 816.

I will find a way this year to be fit with the 435 head that will provide just enough performance to keep the head in the bag. Should I assimilate with a 460 head? Yes. Will I? No.

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

Would you not get more moi if you pushed weights in the back of the track of the m5? Or m5 tour? What am I missing here?

There’s a whole generation that grew up her only ever knowing 460 heads. I grew up with the first tm drivers ever at maybe 140 cc. So the reality is that I have never been willing to embrace these crazy stretched shapes, particularly the epic flash regular and the g400. They don’t suit my eye and so I’m really not interested at all in them. What I want is my holy grail. Forgiveness and distance in a sub 460 head with great looks. Basically that narrows the 2019 driver field to exactly one driver. And really the ideal shape for me is the Callaway DBD 815 and 816.

I will find a way this year to be fit with the 435 head that will provide just enough performance to keep the head in the bag. Should I assimilate with a 460 head? Yes. Will I? No.

815 DBD could be my gold standard for footprint and face height.

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5* w/Kai'Li 70TX
Ping G430 Max 15* w/OG Ventus Blue 7X
Titleist TSR2 7w w/Ventus Red TR 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Bettinardi BB1 w/UST Mamiya All-In Graphite 
Mizuno Copper T22 52, 56, 60 w/MCA MMT 125TX Wedge Shafts
TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

Do we know the lie angle on the m5 15 degree 3 wood when it is in standard? TM site just shows the range. Looks a little hooky to me

Standard should be the lowest number in the range (not sure what's listed). The lie angle increases as you move the adapter in any direction towards the upright side.

TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

My WITB Post

Do we know the lie angle on the m5 15 degree 3 wood when it is in standard? TM site just shows the range. Looks a little hooky to me

Standard should be the lowest number in the range (not sure what's listed). The lie angle increases as you move the adapter in any direction towards the upright side.

surprised but maybe because it was on a hardwood floor. Or I’m delusional Bc I can’t golf for months

I thought going down in loft would open the face?

Fedex man dropped off my M5 driver today. In all honesty, I only picked one of these up b/c of the trade in bonus and I had a bunch of stuff laying around...I haven't really liked any of the recent TM offerings. Anyway, took it straight to the range. THIS THING IS GOING STRAIGHT INTO THE BAG!

I ordered a 9* with the 60g Smoke shaft, really solid combo. High flat bombs from all over the clubface. This club is not super punishing on mishits at all. I was all over the clubface today and nothing I hit would have been out of play on the course. Toe side mishits still got relatively high and still got out there quite a bit. Heel strikes came out a bit lower but were still relatively hot. Center strikes felt awesome and had a couple of holy sh!t moments.

I am a fan of the sound and feel of composite clubs, so this thing was right up my alley. If you are not, you may not enjoy this stick. I has a very muted thwack.

I also tried it with an Atmos Black 6 and a AD GP7 I had lying around but neither had a better ballflight than the Smoke.

I'm real stoked for a club that I really didn't expect to like.

surprised but maybe because it was on a hardwood floor. Or I'm delusional Bc I can't golf for months

Going down in loft does open the face, but the way the adapter works, the lie angle increases as you move towards Lower or Higher. The Standard setting is the flattest lie angle, Upright is the most upright, and Higher and Lower are midway in between.

TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

My WITB Post

surprised but maybe because it was on a hardwood floor. Or I'm delusional Bc I can't golf for months

Going down in loft does open the face, but the way the adapter works, the lie angle increases as you move towards Lower or Higher. The Standard setting is the flattest lie angle, Upright is the most upright, and Higher and Lower are midway in between.

ok cool thanks for the help

Picked up the titanium 5w today. What a rocket launcher and great feel. Might drop my 3w.

Is it super hot?

Yes I've never seen such ball speed of a 19 degree 5w.

Callaway Mavrick Callaway Mavrick SZ 3W Callaway Superhybrid Titleist 510 20 Titleist T100 Vokey SM7 54 and 60 Scotty Cameron T22

Mine came in today, played 22 holes before it got dark. Stupid long and forgiving. M5 9 degree front weight all the way forward second way almost all the way to draw. I ordered it with the non pro Tensei white 70 X tipped an additional 0.5 planning on just putting my pro white in it, but I will not be touching this club. I hit every fairway except one. My playing partner and I are the same length generally, I was 25 yards longer than him all day and my misses were just as long as his pured.

Titleist TSR2 9 w/Ventus Black 6X
TM BRNR Mini 13.5 w/Ventus TR Blue 7X

Titleist TSR3 18 w/Ventus Black 9X or TM P760 3 w/HZRDUS Black 6.5 105
Artisan FC 4, Artisan HC 5&6, Artisan MB 7-PW (4 TI X100 120, 5-PW TI X100)
Artisan 51,55,60 (51 TI X100; 55,60 TI S400)
Artisan 0117 Slant Neck

Mine came in today, played 22 holes before it got dark. Stupid long and forgiving. M5 9 degree front weight all the way forward second way almost all the way to draw. I ordered it with the non pro Tensei white 70 X tipped an additional 0.5 planning on just putting my pro white in it, but I will not be touching this club. I hit every fairway except one. My playing partner and I are the same length generally, I was 25 yards longer than him all day and my misses were just as long as his pured.

How does it compare against your G400 LST?

Not the easiest thing to find on the TM site, but assuming the adjustments are the same for this year as last year.