Interesting development - $3000 pay to caddy from a $1.3 million winners check? (MOD EDIT - NO POLIT

I was listening to Katrek and Maggines on Sirius XM today and John mentioned that players write off what they pay their caddies. I had never heard that before. He also said he knew the Gillis rumor before Tom Gillis tweeted it. Said a Tour caddie told him.

I thought that was in the context of the win being outside of the US...not as a standard operating procedure.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do believe the secret behind this fragrance is the emotion of its construction as well as the power feeling that it evokes. It's still very modern nowadays due to its timeless contrasting and its sensual masculine power.

— Pierre Wargnye, perfumer; creator of Drakkar Noir

This commercial defined my life goals

[media=]

[/media]

dYUZANz.png

30 pages into this thing...I'm learning stuff.

And onward we go!

I feel like we’re moving towards a “Gangs of New York” ending. The generous tippers vs the tightwads. Battle to the death.

Okay, I’m being dramatic again. The last several pages it seems we’ve been pretty well behaved.

I actually think we're headed towards an "Anchorman" ending.

I'm gonna grab Holy Moses right before he falls into the Bear's Den and say "From deep down in my stomach, with every inch of me, I pure, straight hate you. But goddammit, do I respect you!"

This is my favorite post of this thread (which is saying something). That’s the perfect movie and the perfect line from the perfect movie to sum up this thread.

Well done, sir.

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

I was listening to Katrek and Maggines on Sirius XM today and John mentioned that players write off what they pay their caddies. I had never heard that before. He also said he knew the Gillis rumor before Tom Gillis tweeted it. Said a Tour caddie told him.

I thought that was in the context of the win being outside of the US...not as a standard operating procedure.

I’m not a tax expert, but I don’t think it matters where it happened

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

I’m not a tax expert, but I don’t think it matters where it happened

Did you stay at a Holiday Inn?

And onward we go!

I feel like we’re moving towards a “Gangs of New York” ending. The generous tippers vs the tightwads. Battle to the death.

Okay, I’m being dramatic again. The last several pages it seems we’ve been pretty well behaved.

I'm gonna grab Holy Moses right before he falls into the Bear's Den and say "From deep down in my stomach, with every inch of me, I pure, straight hate you. But goddammit, do I respect you!"

This is my favorite post of this thread (which is saying something). That’s the perfect movie and the perfect line from the perfect movie to sum up this thread.

Well done, sir.

giphy.gif

And onward we go!

Well done, sir.

giphy.gif

LH - I’m torn between Jeff’s post and the post you made: “moral preening for $400 Alex” - that one was funny.

This has been a doozy of a thread and those are two of my favorites.

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Preeeeeeeen!!!!!

PING G400 Max - Atmos Tour Spec Red - 65s
Titleist TSi2 16.5* 4w - Tensei Blue - 65s

Titleist TSi2 3H (18*), 4H (21*) - Tensei Blue 65s
Adams Idea Tech V4 5H, 6H, 7H ProLaunch Blue 75 HY x-stiff
Titleist AP2 716 8i 37* KBS Tour S; Titleist AP2 716 9i 42* KBS Tour S
Cleveland RTX-4 mid-bounce 46* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 mid-bounce 50* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 full-sole 56* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 low-bounce 60* DG s400
PING Sigma 2 Valor 400 Counter-Balanced, 38"

I gave up before reading all the posts. But was anyone able to explain why this Tom Gillis is so concerned with this. And more importantly, why is anyone evening listening to him?

It’s benn 31 pages and, sadly, there are no answers. Unsolved mystery.

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

I gave up before reading all the posts. But was anyone able to explain why this Tom Gillis is so concerned with this. And more importantly, why is anyone evening listening to him?

It’s benn 31 pages and, sadly, there are no answers. Unsolved mystery.

There was a made up one. I'll take it. Quite entertaining one, probably more so than real life (s*** stirrer with an agenda).

Callaway Paradym TD 10* Ventus Red TR 5S

Titleist TSR3 13.5* 3 Wood Tour AD-IZ 6S

Titleist TSR3 19* hybrid Modus GOST S

Titleist TSR2 24* hybrid Modus GOST S

Callaway Paradym Hybrid 27* Ventus non Velocore S

Titleist T100 2023 6-PW KBS Tour V S

Titleist SM8 50, 56, 60

Scotty Cameron X7.5 CS

It could be that he is upset because he would have liked to stiff a caddie once in a while (or to welch on a bet occasionally), but never did.

Welcome back Thomas Jefferson!

(My wife made me see Hamilton twice).

LOL, you haven't missed a darn thing - hope you have found some weather that allows some golf!

Back to the topic...... And if you want to start a tipping thread, go right ahead.

Kuch, and it is no longer conjecture, because it would have been nipped in the bud by Kuch if it was a fair amount he paid the caddy has come off bad.

Sorry this guy is paid to play a game and he has a public image to worry about & craft as he is paid big corporate bucks to promote products & participate in many additional endeavours all because he is a very good golfer.

It is very obvious for all that he probably paid him $3,000+$2,000 for winning. This vs. his regular caddy who would have been paid well over $100,000.

Whether he got caught up in the moment or didn't think it through, it is a story & he has to date made no statement to correct or clarify it outside "More than $3,000, less than $130,000".

If you are fine with that, all the power to you. I find it pretty sad and says a lot wrt Kuch's character.

I applaud him for keeping quiet. That takes discipline. Anyone can go out there and throw benjamins at strippers like lil weezy and DMX. And go broke.

http://together.pgatour.com/stories/18/september/matt-kuchar-presidents-cup-camp-twin-lakes.html

“In 2018 alone, Matt’s support has enabled us to provide week-long therapeutic camping experiences for 90 children with serious illnesses, disabilities, and other life challenges,” said Camp Twin Lakes COO Dan Matthews. “With help from our donors, Camp Twin Lakes is able to subsidize 70 percent of the cost of each camper, and most of our campers attend camp at no cost to their families.

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s
Callaway Apex Pro 4H ADDI 85s
Titleist T200 5i, T100 6-PW Accra i100
Titleist 50F-54S-58M Accra i105

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

Back to the topic...... And if you want to start a tipping thread, go right ahead.

Kuch, and it is no longer conjecture, because it would have been nipped in the bud by Kuch if it was a fair amount he paid the caddy has come off bad.

Sorry this guy is paid to play a game and he has a public image to worry about & craft as he is paid big corporate bucks to promote products & participate in many additional endeavours all because he is a very good golfer.

It is very obvious for all that he probably paid him $3,000+$2,000 for winning. This vs. his regular caddy who would have been paid well over $100,000.

Whether he got caught up in the moment or didn't think it through, it is a story & he has to date made no statement to correct or clarify it outside "More than $3,000, less than $130,000".

If you are fine with that, all the power to you. I find it pretty sad and says a lot wrt Kuch's character.

I'm not sure it's Kucher's character that's in question.

I applaud him for keeping quiet. That takes discipline. Anyone can go out there and throw benjamins at strippers like lil weezy and DMX. And go broke.

http://together.pgat...twin-lakes.html

“In 2018 alone, Matt’s support has enabled us to provide week-long therapeutic camping experiences for 90 children with serious illnesses, disabilities, and other life challenges,” said Camp Twin Lakes COO Dan Matthews. “With help from our donors, Camp Twin Lakes is able to subsidize 70 percent of the cost of each camper, and most of our campers attend camp at no cost to their families.

He supports a charity by putting his name to it and playing a round of golf & talking to people..... Good for him..... You think he's working the phones and working tireless hours for it? How naive are you?

However him keeping his mouth shut further add fuel to the fire & obviously (yes & my opinion only) points to the the lame a** pay his caddy got that week.

He supports a charity by putting his name to it and playing a round of golf & talking to people..... Good for him..... You think he's working the phones and working tireless hours for it? How naive are you?

However him keeping his mouth shut further add fuel to the fire & obviously (yes & my opinion only) points to the the lame a** pay his caddy got that week.

you obviously have no experience in charity or foundation work; and that's not to shame on you; whether you lack the skills, finance or time for it. I takes more than just putting a name to it; especially with those who have full time jobs. It takes great passion, discipline and determination to stay the path and continue doing so for however many years.

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

Great blame some one else. Sorry Gillis shed a light on someone who was wronged. If you think $5,000 was fair, congrats. He has sparked debate and and hopefully a wrong has been righted & we can be pretty sure the next time a Looper gets a bag he won't be treated like Kuch did his.

you obviously have no experience in charity or foundation work; and that's not to shame on you; whether you lack the skills, finance or time for it. I takes more than just putting a name to it; especially with those who have full time jobs. It takes great passion, discipline and determination to stay the path and continue doing so for however many years.

I have worked on Charities, but am not naive. Good for Matt, but I promise you every top Athlete works and supports countless charities, and they definitely need to be commended, but they too reap financial benefits from it as they are creating a brand.

The Kuchar brand took a beating this week.

i'm sure his brand is perfectly fine. No one really takes pleb talk seriously like golfwrx folks do. Gillis is a clown.

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

Can we at least update the title to 5000$ and not 3000$

I mean, we don't want to misrepresent Kuch here. Dude gave the guy an extra 2G's.

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Srixon ZX 19h w/PX hzrdus Red 80

Mizuno MP241 4-PW w/KBS Ctaper LITE

Mizuno MP24 52 w/KBS Ctaper LITE

Cleveland RTX6 60/10--Spinner

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Great blame some one else. Sorry Gillis shed a light on someone who was wronged. If you think $5,000 was fair, congrats. He has sparked debate and and hopefully a wrong has been righted & we can be pretty sure the next time a Looper gets a bag he won't be treated like Kuch did his.

The only people deserving of blame are those who repeat unsubstantiated rumors. I haven't seen anyone who knows say anything. Then again these are modern times, people can say anything they want to boost their profile. Maybe if Gillis get's enough likes he'll make it...on Facebook.

Edit: Prediction: that caddy will never carry a bag for anyone other than Gillis and tourists.

The thing is, you really don’t know if anyone was wronged. Neither does Gillis. Because no one knows what, if any, payment arrangements were made prior to the tournament.

Maybe the reason he isn’t saying anything is because his PR people know there really isn’t anything he can say (outside of “I paid him full wage”) that will appease all the “white knights” condemning him. Better to let it die away, where it probably has everywhere else but here.

Summary of the thread please? I'd like to be outraged and offended on behalf of people I don't know but don't have the time to go through all 31 pages.

Thanks....

Matt Kuchar is exactly who I thought he was: a self-aggrandizing mouth-breather with deep pockets, T-Rex arms, a George Jefferson haircut, and a great PR team.

39th+Ryder+Cup+Opening+Ceremony+mLH_def3a-cl.jpggeorge-jefferson3951.jpg?resize=295%2C380

TaylorMade 2017 M1 440 8.5° Driver == Project X HZRDUS Black 65 6.5
TaylorMade 2017 M2 Tour 15° FW == Project X HZRDUS Black 75 6.5
Titleist 816H2 19° Hybrid == Veylix Rome 988 S+
Miura 1957 Small Blade 4-PW Irons == TT Project X LZ 6.5
Titleist Vokey SM6 50°, 54°, 58° Custom Wedges == TT Project X LZ 6.5
Titleist Scotty Cameron "Cameron & Crown" M2 Putter
Nike RZN Tour Black Golf Balls