2019 Ping Blueprint Irons - New in hand photos

GolfWRX

Hit mine briefly today on the course - definitely easy enough to hit. I'm coming from i20s, so it's a little jarring the first time you look down, but I didn't feel like I hit a lot of shots on the toe which is my normal miss. Have the dg 120 X, ball flight was somewhat lower then with the cfs's but nothing crazy, however I tend to be a high ball hitter.

My one complaint - flipped up the toe twice on different shots to confirm I had the correct club - well can't do that anymore!

Oh, and they are gorgeous in person.

• Like 1

Hit mine today and played nine holes, previous irons were 718 AP2. Very good start using these irons so far. Overall package is much smaller then AP2 with sharper edges which I love. The big improvement of these compared to AP2 is the workability aspect. I can hit these high or low and left and right where AP2 just wanted to go high and left. The blueprint PW I hit anywhere from 110 to 160 today and they all stopped on a dime. The AP2 PW I don't think I could hit less then 120 if I tried and if I did it wasn't stopping quick. The second aspect of these that I love is the distance control compared to AP2. I hit about five approach shots per hole with these and all shots regardless of direction ended up within 5 yards front to back. I never realized how inconsistent the AP2 were in this aspect but moving forward this will lead to many more birdies.

• Like 2

I tested the Blueprints on a recent Ping demo day but just got them priced up at roughly $350 an iron (Aus dollar) I like them but that is a big chunk of money!

• Like 1

Driver = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max-D 

3 wood = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max HL

3 Hybrid = Tour Edge Exotics C722
Irons = 4-PW Miura KM 700
Gap Wedge = Miura HB 50*

Sand Wedge = Taylormade MG2 56*

Putter = LAB DF3

Ball = TP5x pix / Bridgestone Tour B-X

> @PowderedToastMan said:

> > @matchavez said:

> > > @PowderedToastMan said:

> > > If I do the math correctly...$300 per club... 7 irons I’d be purchasing... can’t forget I’m a normal person with a budget... remembering these are forged and that $2,100 plus tax will need to be replaced after 1 season...

> >

> > One season?

> I like to use my clubs and practice with them. I also don’t like clubfaces that are brown. I hit off mats most of the year when practicing.

>

> This equates to about a year, maybe less if I’m feeling particularly vain. If you don’t like my math, then I can forward you to my help desk where no one will help you.

>

>

If you practice off mats, your clubs should last an eternity. Browning happens from the sand that’s in the grass of a normal range. Ways to prevent browning are hitting off mats, and making sure golf balls are clean before hitting them (ie no wet balls covered in sand).

I have no idea what you’re doing to make irons only last one season... lol

Got my 6-PW yesterday. Hit six 6 irons in the simulator at work...we were kind of busy, but the manager insisted I hit a couple shots when they came in. My takeaway from hitting the Blueprint 6 iron in my specs with my favorite shaft and grip was that I should have also got the 5 iron.

I played in league after work in the evening...had 7i on the approach to hole one, hit it to about 15 feet and dropped the putt. Good way to break in a set.

A huge sigh of relief...as much as I loved hitting the demos of this iron, I just felt like something was off. But with it spec'd out for my preferences, it fits right into what I'm looking for. Distance is identical to my iBlade 6-PW, but with a slightly lower launch and a little more spin. Also, the approaches I hit last night with these when the distance I was trying to play...and not a yard more. That was my biggest gripe with iBlade scoring irons...in a round of golf, I'd get at least one nuclear shot off a fairway or tee and the ball would carry more than I wanted, which put me in a position where I'd take less club on shots where long was really bad...and I'd come up a little short because I was playing for the nuke.

Anyway...anything else I have to say about these has already been said. Huge fan...it's the iron I've wanted PING to make for a long time. Until I saw the early pics of this club, I was looking at other brands to do a combo set of CB and MB irons. I'm very, very happy to have my dream iron set up with PING irons.

TSi3 9.0 (A4)  Tensei Raw Blue 65 Stiff 

TS2 15 (B1) Project X Even Flow White 75 6.0
TS3 19 (C4) Project X Even Flow White 90 6.0
i59 4-W DG 120 S300
Glide Forged Pro (52/56/60) DG 120 S300
Scotty Cameron 009m and Tour Newport 
Pro V1x Yellow 

> @Jokes said:

> Hit mine today and played nine holes, previous irons were 718 AP2. Very good start using these irons so far. Overall package is much smaller then AP2 with sharper edges which I love. The big improvement of these compared to AP2 is the workability aspect. I can hit these high or low and left and right where AP2 just wanted to go high and left. The blueprint PW I hit anywhere from 110 to 160 today and they all stopped on a dime. The AP2 PW I don't think I could hit less then 120 if I tried and if I did it wasn't stopping quick. The second aspect of these that I love is the distance control compared to AP2. I hit about five approach shots per hole with these and all shots regardless of direction ended up within 5 yards front to back. I never realized how inconsistent the AP2 were in this aspect but moving forward this will lead to many more birdies.

How does the BP compare to AP2 in terms of forgiveness? I know AP2 should be more forgiving but do you notice a big difference?

> @Commack350Z said:

> > @Jokes said:

> > Hit mine today and played nine holes, previous irons were 718 AP2. Very good start using these irons so far. Overall package is much smaller then AP2 with sharper edges which I love. The big improvement of these compared to AP2 is the workability aspect. I can hit these high or low and left and right where AP2 just wanted to go high and left. The blueprint PW I hit anywhere from 110 to 160 today and they all stopped on a dime. The AP2 PW I don't think I could hit less then 120 if I tried and if I did it wasn't stopping quick. The second aspect of these that I love is the distance control compared to AP2. I hit about five approach shots per hole with these and all shots regardless of direction ended up within 5 yards front to back. I never realized how inconsistent the AP2 were in this aspect but moving forward this will lead to many more birdies.

>

> How does the BP compare to AP2 in terms of forgiveness? I know AP2 should be more forgiving but do you notice a big difference?

Initial testing I haven't noticed a huge drop off, then again I only have played nine holes and didn't mishit any shots too bad. Considering you gain looks, workability, and shot dispersion I think the drop off in forgiveness is worth it.

• Like 1

Well I made a decision and if I can sell my Miura baby blades I’m going for the blueprints ?

Driver = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max-D 

3 wood = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max HL

3 Hybrid = Tour Edge Exotics C722
Irons = 4-PW Miura KM 700
Gap Wedge = Miura HB 50*

Sand Wedge = Taylormade MG2 56*

Putter = LAB DF3

Ball = TP5x pix / Bridgestone Tour B-X

Played my practice round for the State Am qualifier yesterday with my BP set. Just still so good. So much control. Windy day and pin high with everything from 4 iron down. Only one ballooned shot on the day and was a PW I had to cut up over a tree into a left to right hurting wind. Came up 4 yards short of the green and a front right pin. In hindsight a 9 iron was the play. You can’t argue with that much consistency.

• Like 1

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @Kevinnz said:

> Hearing how mighty the bprints are but the newly signed young guy did not even put the bp in his bag, hmmm... If he cannot play it, why should we?

I’d give it some time. He’s played TM for a long time, and just got done with national championships and US open. Making the most of his limited exemptions to make

Tour for next season with familiar enough equipment. Expect testing in off season.

> @Kevinnz said:

> Hearing how mighty the bprints are but the newly signed young guy did not even put the bp in his bag, hmmm... If he cannot play it, why should we?

Because we play golf for fun and we get to decide how to do that.

Also these quotes from [this](https://www.golf.com/gear/pros-bags/2019/06/20/talking-gear-viktor-hovland-us-open-ping/ "this") Golf.com article....

"I played nine holes with the i210 short irons on Wednesday of the U.S. Open and just noticed they launched a little lower. I wanted to have a little lower ball flight with the shorter clubs to give me a bit more control. So they were in the bag once I started seeing the flight."

and later...

" I’m going to give the Blueprint irons another try to see if I like those. Maybe switch out the i210’s in the 7-iron through pitching wedge. Just going to see how it all goes. I really like the iBlade irons in the longer clubs. I’m always open to change stuff if I feel like there’s room for improvement."

i59 4-W DG 120 S300
Pro V1x Yellow 

> @CaseyDan said:

> So what other ping irons does everyone think blends best with the blueprints - Iblades, 210’s or other?

I think it depends on how low you go with your irons? I have the 4 iron, probably just going to mount that thing on the wall but will play 5-PW in BP. For me it would be hard to go from a 7 iron BP to a 6 iron 210 visually - maybe an Iblade? But it would require me to hit the 5 or 6 iron in the BP pretty bad, or at least very inconsistent, to go search for something else. My personal philosophy is that where I'm looking for workability is the 5 and 6 iron range - 7 iron in I'm just going high with it, right or left don't much matter.

> @Kevinnz said:

Lol. Yet it came to be because of a large number of Ping staffers begged for it. You can’t go by what the kids are doing. They are being taught bomb and pitch only.

• Like 1

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> > @Kevinnz said:

> > Hearing how mighty the bprints are but the newly signed young guy did not even put the bp in his bag, hmmm... If he cannot play it, why should we?

>

> Lol. Yet it came to be because of a large number of Ping staffers begged for it. You can’t go by what the kids are doing. They are being taught bomb and pitch only.

Not every club fits every player. I am sure he could play them just fin if he wanted to.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

> @Kevinnz said:

Ernie Els won with Lynx irons, he won with TM Burner Tours. Then in his past-peak years, he switched to blades and won the Open Championship.

Duf-Daddy switched to National Custom blades mid tournament and goes -10 over two days at Sawgrass.

Yeah, I don't think it matters very much.

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

> @Kevinnz said:

Go listen to the latest Gear Dive podcast episode and you’ll get your answer....

Driver: TaylorMade SIM MAX (10.5 degrees - set to 9.75 and 1.5 degrees open)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 White 70 TX (at 45" and tipped 1")

3-wood: TaylorMade SIM (15 degrees)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 Black 70 TX (at 43" and tipped 1")

UDI: *** Under Construction ***

Irons: TaylorMade P-7MC 4-PW (1 degree upright)

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Tour 120 X

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore Tour Rack (Raw) 52.10, 56.12 & 60.12

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Wedge 125

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Mid-Slant (at 34")

> @CaseyDan said:

> So what other ping irons does everyone think blends best with the blueprints - Iblades, 210’s or other?

I think iBlade long irons and Blueprint mid and short irons are a dream set up. There's not a huge jarring transition between the sets. Here are my 6 BP and 5 iBlade. Sorry for low quality pic!

bsxhd59on62s.jpeg

It's a pretty obvious difference visually side by side, but I don't think you'll find a closer visual or feel match to BP than iBlade.

I think if you're good enough to play down to the 4i, an i500 in 3i would be a good choice if you have a big gap between 4i and whatever you play after the irons (strong hybrid or a fw). I like 3i and 4i in iBlade because I go to a 2h that gaps perfectly between a 3i and driver (and I hate fairway woods!).

i59 4-W DG 120 S300
Pro V1x Yellow 

Today played a course I played so long ago could not remember nothing about 90% of the holes. Used Vice pro ball, and the BP’s just stayed on line so well, I’m a 10 hdcp and I’m just so impressed with the feel and dispersion, shot 77, was a day to leave driver in bag but didn’t lol. Read article, Arcos is now partnering up with ping too. The seven iron I hit for my 2nd shot on this par 5 was so pure, I just couldn’t wait to get to next hole, to me these are game changer.5i760ldpkdjy.jpeg

• Like 1

> @JerryTBall said:

> Today played a course I played so long ago could not remember nothing about 90% of the holes. Used Vice pro ball, and the BP’s just stayed on line so well, I’m a 10 hdcp and I’m just so impressed with the feel and dispersion, shot 77, was a day to leave driver in bag but didn’t lol. Read article, Arcos is now partnering up with ping too. The seven iron I hit for my 2nd shot on this par 5 was so pure, I just couldn’t wait to get to next hole, to me these are game changer.5i760ldpkdjy.jpeg

>

Great round!

Curious, any Srixon players or testers hit the BP? Would love to hear any comparisons out there BP vs 7XX or 9XX Srixon series.

Driver- Titleist TsR2 with Graphite Design Tour AD

4w - Titleist Tsi2 with Tensei Raw Blue shaft

19 Hy - Titleist 818 H1 with Atmos Tour Spec

23 Hy - Titleist 818 with Graphite Design Tour AD-DI shaft

5i-PW - Bridgestone J15 CB with Recoil F4 110 shafts

50,54,and 58 Wilson Staff wedges with SF shafts

Ping Prime Tyne 4 PSD