2019 Ping Blueprint Irons - New in hand photos

GolfWRX

> @JakeW13 said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @Kevinnz said:

> > > > @PowderedToastMan said:

> > > > > @Kevinnz said:

> > > > > Hearing how mighty the bprints are but the newly signed young guy did not even put the bp in his bag, hmmm... If he cannot play it, why should we?

> > > >

> > > > Hovland isn’t playing G700 irons. Does that mean he cannot play it? No, it means there is an iron that suits his needs/wants better.

> > > >

> > > > Aside from your logical fallacies, you should learn more about how good players choose irons. Forgiveness isn’t very high on the list, not compared to size, sole, spin, etc. I can tell you now that Tiger wouldn’t play the blueprint and it’s not because he doesn’t have the skill. It would be because he likes the look of a longer blade length and the blueprint launches too high.

> > > >

> > > > Hope this helps any of your further assumptions regarding club selection.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > I was going wow i need to get my hands on a set after reading these massively positives from this thread 4wks ago, finally finding something more impressive to replace my 0311t. Then theres jst no presence of bp among tour pros, not even the web.com. i wonder how fast we start seeing a pour of mint bps on ebay. Looks like bps arent very forgiving.

> >

> > Lol. Apparently you haven’t hit them outside. Really forgiving MB.

>

> I went from a Modus 105 in my 790s to DG 120 (stock) in the BPs. Thoughts on what I'll see in terms of on course difference?

Most likely a lower flight would be my guess. Modus launches quicker but flattens our. DG traditionally just launches flatter and apexes then comes down if that makes sense.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @denvergolf said:

> Does one need to offer up your firstborn and the blood of a unicorn to participate in this thread?

Lol. Don’t be silly. Nobody practices blood letting anymore. But if you have a breeding pair of unicorns ? then that would definitely get you in !

• Like 2

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> > @JakeW13 said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > @Kevinnz said:

> > > > > @PowderedToastMan said:

> > > > > > @Kevinnz said:

> > > > > > Hearing how mighty the bprints are but the newly signed young guy did not even put the bp in his bag, hmmm... If he cannot play it, why should we?

> > > > >

> > > > > Hovland isn’t playing G700 irons. Does that mean he cannot play it? No, it means there is an iron that suits his needs/wants better.

> > > > >

> > > > > Aside from your logical fallacies, you should learn more about how good players choose irons. Forgiveness isn’t very high on the list, not compared to size, sole, spin, etc. I can tell you now that Tiger wouldn’t play the blueprint and it’s not because he doesn’t have the skill. It would be because he likes the look of a longer blade length and the blueprint launches too high.

> > > > >

> > > > > Hope this helps any of your further assumptions regarding club selection.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > I was going wow i need to get my hands on a set after reading these massively positives from this thread 4wks ago, finally finding something more impressive to replace my 0311t. Then theres jst no presence of bp among tour pros, not even the web.com. i wonder how fast we start seeing a pour of mint bps on ebay. Looks like bps arent very forgiving.

> > >

> > > Lol. Apparently you haven’t hit them outside. Really forgiving MB.

> >

> > I went from a Modus 105 in my 790s to DG 120 (stock) in the BPs. Thoughts on what I'll see in terms of on course difference?

>

> Most likely a lower flight would be my guess. Modus launches quicker but flattens our. DG traditionally just launches flatter and apexes then comes down if that makes sense.

Perfect, that was a must because I have been balooning my 790s and if I move to the BPs I need to NOT be fighting that. So hard to judge launch/trajectory on a simulator but the BP flight did appear to be launching flatter than what I'm seeing with my 105s on the 790s.

Driver: TSR3 10.0* | Accra Tour Z RPG 472 45"

5 Wood: SIM Max 18.5* | Mitsubishi MMT 85TX

2i: Mizuno Fli-Hi 18* | KBS Prototype 95X

3i: Ping i59 @ 21* | Mitsubishi MMT 125TX
4-PW: Callaway TCB Raw | Project X 7.0
Wedges: 50&54&60: Cleveland CBX Zipcore | Project X 6.5
Putter: Cobra Vintage Sport-60

> @JakeW13 said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @JakeW13 said:

> > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > @Kevinnz said:

> > > > > > @PowderedToastMan said:

> > > > > > > @Kevinnz said:

> > > > > > > Hearing how mighty the bprints are but the newly signed young guy did not even put the bp in his bag, hmmm... If he cannot play it, why should we?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Hovland isn’t playing G700 irons. Does that mean he cannot play it? No, it means there is an iron that suits his needs/wants better.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Aside from your logical fallacies, you should learn more about how good players choose irons. Forgiveness isn’t very high on the list, not compared to size, sole, spin, etc. I can tell you now that Tiger wouldn’t play the blueprint and it’s not because he doesn’t have the skill. It would be because he likes the look of a longer blade length and the blueprint launches too high.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Hope this helps any of your further assumptions regarding club selection.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > I was going wow i need to get my hands on a set after reading these massively positives from this thread 4wks ago, finally finding something more impressive to replace my 0311t. Then theres jst no presence of bp among tour pros, not even the web.com. i wonder how fast we start seeing a pour of mint bps on ebay. Looks like bps arent very forgiving.

> > > >

> > > > Lol. Apparently you haven’t hit them outside. Really forgiving MB.

> > >

> > > I went from a Modus 105 in my 790s to DG 120 (stock) in the BPs. Thoughts on what I'll see in terms of on course difference?

> >

> > Most likely a lower flight would be my guess. Modus launches quicker but flattens our. DG traditionally just launches flatter and apexes then comes down if that makes sense.

>

> Perfect, that was a must because I have been balooning my 790s and if I move to the BPs I need to NOT be fighting that. So hard to judge launch/trajectory on a simulator but the BP flight did appear to be launching flatter than what I'm seeing with my 105s on the 790s.

P790's with your 105's would certainly get the ball up IMO. That has to be a smooth combo but no way I could play that trajectory....or at least I would not expect it to be a good combo for me. The BP's and DG's would give a nice flight for me if my elbows could take it. If I end up grabbing these, I am looking at Steelfiber for the same reason...controlled trajectory.

Driver- Titleist TsR2 with Graphite Design Tour AD

4w - Titleist Tsi2 with Tensei Raw Blue shaft

19 Hy - Titleist 818 H1 with Atmos Tour Spec

23 Hy - Titleist 818 with Graphite Design Tour AD-DI shaft

5i-PW - Bridgestone J15 CB with Recoil F4 110 shafts

50,54,and 58 Wilson Staff wedges with SF shafts

Ping Prime Tyne 4 PSD

> @rxk9fan said:

> > @denvergolf said:

> > Does one need to offer up your firstborn and the blood of a unicorn to participate in this thread?

>

> Sometimes I run somewhere between slow and stupid, but I don't get this post lol. What did I miss....this time?

>

> iI think Blade got it, so you should feel good about yourself. I'm just looking fun...at the rate of success I'm seeing here, I'm expecting a Lot of US Open qualifiers next year!

> @"Big Ben" said:

> Question fellas, do the BP’s have the Hydropearl finish? Thanks, BB

I believe so. Or a version of it. But. I’ll say emphatically that they wear better than the i500 did. The i500 looked bad after one range session. The BP so far does not. And I’m around a month in

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @soap1984 said:

> Thought I read somewhere hovland is playing 4-6 in blueprint and going 7-pw in i210? Sounded backwards but the idea was the blueprint short irons launched too high for him?

iBlades in the long irons, i210 in the short. iBlades launched to high for him in the short

Irons he’s going to give the blueprints another run

Equipment change was swift cuz he’s been playing TM the last couple years, and just got done with NCAA championships so he wouldn’t have switched during something as important as that.

I’d expect more testing to come to dial in exactly what he wants to see.

> @denvergolf said:

> > @rxk9fan said:

> > > @denvergolf said:

> > > Does one need to offer up your firstborn and the blood of a unicorn to participate in this thread?

> >

> > Sometimes I run somewhere between slow and stupid, but I don't get this post lol. What did I miss....this time?

> >

> > iI think Blade got it, so you should feel good about yourself. I'm just looking fun...at the rate of success I'm seeing here, I'm expecting a Lot of US Open qualifiers next year!

>

>

Qualify......after my last two days (86-83 highs of 2019 for me) I am thinking all I need is a set of BP's and I'll be looking at a top 5 ;-).

These things look pretty nice and I am sincerely surprised with the feedback. I will probably pick a set up if these same guys are saying the same things in a couple of months or less. Of course maybe I am more affected by the honeymoon phase than most (every club is the best I have ever hit for 2 weeks) but if things settle where they are I could see trying an entire Ping bag. It may just be re-living the glory days when I was all Ping and carried the best HC I ever maintained for a few years with a Redwood putter, i55's, and Ping wedges?

Best to all contributing here. I am reading and enjoying every line!

• Like 1

Ping Prime Tyne 4 PSD

With BP’s in my Ping bag people walk by looking at the bag on the practice area and then start asking, one guy asked how far you hitting your 8, I’m like 155-160, he says that’s it? I said look at the size of the club head and plus I’m 65 years old, come on LOL, but I get 170- 175 out of my 7-iron so I mean it’s not designed for distance. I mean it’s great that you can hit an iron a mile in another manufacturers club but why would you need all the different clubs in your bag if that was the case I mean even with my Srixon 785s I could take my five iron and a putter and I could shoot 86 on my golf course from the 5800 yard tees.

> @rxk9fan said:

> > @denvergolf said:

> > > @rxk9fan said:

> > > > @denvergolf said:

> > > > Does one need to offer up your firstborn and the blood of a unicorn to participate in this thread?

> > >

> > > Sometimes I run somewhere between slow and stupid, but I don't get this post lol. What did I miss....this time?

> > >

> > > iI think Blade got it, so you should feel good about yourself. I'm just looking fun...at the rate of success I'm seeing here, I'm expecting a Lot of US Open qualifiers next year!

> >

> >

> Qualify......after my last two days (86-83 highs of 2019 for me) I am thinking all I need is a set of BP's and I'll be looking at a top 5 ;-).

> These things look pretty nice and I am sincerely surprised with the feedback. I will probably pick a set up if these same guys are saying the same things in a couple of months or less. Of course maybe I am more affected by the honeymoon phase than most (every club is the best I have ever hit for 2 weeks) but if things settle where they are I could see trying an entire Ping bag. It may just be re-living the glory days when I was all Ping and carried the best HC I ever maintained for a few years with a Redwood putter, i55's, and Ping wedges?

> Best to all contributing here. I am reading and enjoying every line!

>

I often get caught in the ”the best I ever hit it” commentary. Nevermind that I was playing in junior golf tournaments, college and Am events. No spit its the best I've hit it.

If you guys were ordering a set and had only these two shaft choices due to bad elbows, what would you order:

Recoil 95 F4 (stiff) flex

Steelfiber 95 Regular flex

I have played both and I think the feel goes to the Recoil but the SF may be a little tighter. No doubt in my mind the SF plays stiffer to flex and thus the F4 to Regular comparison.

Ping Prime Tyne 4 PSD

Wish I could’ve stayed out and played more than nine holes today but hey nine holes of golf on a Monday afternoon Monday morning I post this picture only because no matter how good I’m playing I do not hit six irons into a green from 172 this close, 10 mile an hour headwind and make the Birdie. man I just want to stay out and just keep playing these irons I don’t know what else to tell you they’re addictive .

Yes had to go around the tree!!

0528d6bo08mh.jpeg

• Like 1

> @JerryTBall said:

> Wish I could’ve stayed out and played more than nine holes today but hey nine holes of golf on a Monday afternoon Monday morning I post this picture only because no matter how good I’m playing I do not hit six irons into a green from 172 this close, 10 mile an hour headwind and make the Birdie. man I just want to stay out and just keep playing these irons I don’t know what else to tell you they’re addictive .

> Yes had to go around the tree!!

> 0528d6bo08mh.jpeg

>

Wow I love the toptracer technology showing the ball flight.

> @rxk9fan said:

> If you guys were ordering a set and had only these two shaft choices due to bad elbows, what would you order:

> Recoil 95 F4 (stiff) flex

> Steelfiber 95 Regular flex

> I have played both and I think the feel goes to the Recoil but the SF may be a little tighter. No doubt in my mind the SF plays stiffer to flex and thus the F4 to Regular comparison.

Had both. Exactly like you say, Recoil feels smoother with more action, Steelfiber is tighter. I am a big steelfiber fan and PING would be the place to order them from as you know they can swing weight them correctly to your specs whereas other companies you never really know if they are going to build them right.

Ai Smoke ♦️♦️♦️ 9* Ventus TR Blue 6x

BRNR Mini 13.5 Kaili White 60x

TSR3 18* Ventus TR Red 7x
TSR3 24* IZ 95x
Ping Blueprint S 5-PW $-Taper 120

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 7

> @Commack350Z said:

> > @JerryTBall said:

> > Wish I could’ve stayed out and played more than nine holes today but hey nine holes of golf on a Monday afternoon Monday morning I post this picture only because no matter how good I’m playing I do not hit six irons into a green from 172 this close, 10 mile an hour headwind and make the Birdie. man I just want to stay out and just keep playing these irons I don’t know what else to tell you they’re addictive .

> > Yes had to go around the tree!!

> > 0528d6bo08mh.jpeg

> >

>

> Wow I love the toptracer technology showing the ball flight.

I drew that line that was the true track Arcos shows it as a draw but it was actually a cut

mraea4381r5b.jpeg

> @Commack350Z said:

> > @JerryTBall said:

> > Wish I could’ve stayed out and played more than nine holes today but hey nine holes of golf on a Monday afternoon Monday morning I post this picture only because no matter how good I’m playing I do not hit six irons into a green from 172 this close, 10 mile an hour headwind and make the Birdie. man I just want to stay out and just keep playing these irons I don’t know what else to tell you they’re addictive .

> > Yes had to go around the tree!!

> > 0528d6bo08mh.jpeg

> >

>

> Wow I love the toptracer technology showing the ball flight.

Little low on the flight! Unless he was playing the Augusta 16th skip across the water shot. Lol

> @rxk9fan said:

> If you guys were ordering a set and had only these two shaft choices due to bad elbows, what would you order:

> Recoil 95 F4 (stiff) flex

> Steelfiber 95 Regular flex

> I have played both and I think the feel goes to the Recoil but the SF may be a little tighter. No doubt in my mind the SF plays stiffer to flex and thus the F4 to Regular comparison.

Bad elbows because of golfer’s elbow? Try acupuncture....

• Like 1

Ping G430 10K w/ Black Tour 2.0 65X, 75X, or GDBB 6X

Ping G425 LST 3W Atmos Black 7X

Ping iCrossover 2 Atmos Black 9X or G425 5W GDBB8X/Atmos Black 8X or G425 2H Atmos Black HB 9X 

Ping iCrossover 3 (20º) AMT White S300 or ZZ65 or Atmos Black 9X

Ping i230 4-6 green dot, Blueprint S 7, Blueprint T 8, 9  AMT White S300

Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 46ºSS, 50º SS, 54º ES, 58º ES TI S400

Putter - depends on the phase of the moon

Caddy - Snacks the Wheaten

I’m just wondering if the BP’s are sharpening my ball striking or not, but I went out later this afternoon played 4 holes with my Srixon 785’s & zForged, hitting balls with both, they do not feel as good as the BP’s but there was more distance of course and hit more club face and that lead to greens. I’m now considering keeping the Srixons so have drool bag one and two lol.

And note after like 5 rounds how nice the BP’s are wearing.

4j4rroczlfxl.jpeg

8etne1atbp6b.jpeg

• Like 1

> @JerryTBall said:

> I’m just wondering if the BP’s are sharpening my ball striking or not, but I went out later this afternoon played 4 holes with my Srixon 785’s & zForged, hitting balls with both, they do not feel as good as the BP’s but there was more distance of course and hit more club face and that lead to greens. I’m now considering keeping the Srixons so have drool bag one and two lol.

> And note after like 5 rounds how nice the BP’s are wearing.

> 4j4rroczlfxl.jpeg

> 8etne1atbp6b.jpeg

>

I love the z forged irons. Been contemplating getting them 5-pw

Driver: TaylorMade SIM MAX (10.5 degrees - set to 9.75 and 1.5 degrees open)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 White 70 TX (at 45" and tipped 1")

3-wood: TaylorMade SIM (15 degrees)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 Black 70 TX (at 43" and tipped 1")

UDI: *** Under Construction ***

Irons: TaylorMade P-7MC 4-PW (1 degree upright)

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Tour 120 X

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore Tour Rack (Raw) 52.10, 56.12 & 60.12

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Wedge 125

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Mid-Slant (at 34")

> @Steele47 said:

> Moe Norman would have felt comfortable with that trunk.

A true Moe Norman trunk would be lined with at least $10,000 in cash.

• Like 1

Former professional golfer. Current amateur human being.

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5 HZRDUS Smoke iM10 Green 60 TX 45.9" D3

Driver 2: Taylormade Burner Mini 11.5 HZRDUS Smoke Green 70 X D5

Fairway: Taylormade Stealth Plus 3 Wood HZRDUS Smoke Green 70X D6

Hybrid: Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 19.5 Tensei AV White 85 X D6

Irons: Sub70 659 MB 5-GW DG 105 X (Takomo 201's w/ occasional cameos)

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM9 56 S Grind;  Cleveland RTX Full Face 64 DG 120 X E0

Putter: PXG Battle Ready Raptor 38” Wristlock Grip

> @matchavez said:

> > Bad elbows because of golfer’s elbow? Try acupuncture....

>

> Or a non-placebo like glucosamine...

I appreciate the comments! At least in my own experience as a patient and as provider, an inflammatory response in a tendon isn't significantly challenged by glucosamine whose effect might be greater seen with cartilage. While I think glucosamine can be of some benefit for OA, I don't believe one could expect much help from it with tendinitis.

Of course, YMMV.

I have no experience so I should make no comment about the efficacy of acupuncture.

While steroid shots can sometimes help the inflamed tendon, one can argue that it could also slow healing and introduce adverse effects. I tried them before a trip to Pebble Beach and got zero relief. I can also report that while that same therapy in the knee was helpful and painless during administration, the shots in the elbows made themselves known that same night ....not big kidney stone bad but NOT pleasant at all :-)

Ping Prime Tyne 4 PSD

sweet baby Jayzeus, the course called, my blueprints are in

Going to take the sports car over STAT .. coming in HOT !!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 5w 16.9* Ventus Black 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Fuji TourSpec 8.2s

Ping Blueprint S 5 - PW Steelfiber 95 & 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9