2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

2019 Ping Blueprint Irons - New in hand photos

GolfWRX

> @bladehunter said:

> > @golfinguru11 said:

> > So these are 8620 carbon steel, meaning they’re a harder steel and therefore “cold forged” aka kinda sorta not truly forged in the same way a Mizuno/Srixon/Miura is?

> >

> > It’s a shame because they’re the best looking irons I’ve seen in years, tempted to switch except for the questions about feel.

> >

> > I wonder how the feel is compared to a Japanese forged 1020 carbon club (Mizuno/Miura/Srixon/etc)

>

> I’ve owned 5 miura sets in the last 4 years. And who knows how many titleist forgings. These feel softer than those. Both are known as “ clicky” but solid forgings. Only thing I’ve hit softer is Vega/Kyoei forgings. Which is a given , considering the amount of unicorn blood involved in their process. They are pillow soft. Even compared to that the BP is not a hard feeling iron at all

That’s good to hear. They must have really treated the crap out of them to make the feel like a 1020.

6 iron test club will be ordered tonight.

As an aside, I wouldn’t describe Miura as clicky. more like crisp, clean, pure feeling. Too soft can be an issue as well. Couldn’t get a feel for Yururi wedges due to the lack of feedback, for example.

Callaway Paradym 🔹🔹🔹 9.5* - Ventus TR Red 6x
Callaway Paradym 3w (@ 16*) - Ventus TR Red 7x
Callaway Paradym 7w (21*) - Ventus TR Red 8x
Srixon ZX7 (4-PW) - KBS Tour V 120x
Vokey SM8 Raw 52F,56D,60M - TI S400 
Odyssey 2-ball OG / Bettinardi DASS BBZero Flow / many more...

Lefty

> @golfinguru11 said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @golfinguru11 said:

> > > So these are 8620 carbon steel, meaning they’re a harder steel and therefore “cold forged” aka kinda sorta not truly forged in the same way a Mizuno/Srixon/Miura is?

> > >

> > > It’s a shame because they’re the best looking irons I’ve seen in years, tempted to switch except for the questions about feel.

> > >

> > > I wonder how the feel is compared to a Japanese forged 1020 carbon club (Mizuno/Miura/Srixon/etc)

> >

> > I’ve owned 5 miura sets in the last 4 years. And who knows how many titleist forgings. These feel softer than those. Both are known as “ clicky” but solid forgings. Only thing I’ve hit softer is Vega/Kyoei forgings. Which is a given , considering the amount of unicorn blood involved in their process. They are pillow soft. Even compared to that the BP is not a hard feeling iron at all

>

> That’s good to hear. They must have really treated the crap out of them to make the feel like a 1020.

> 6 iron test club will be ordered tonight.

>

> As an aside, I wouldn’t describe Miura as clicky. more like crisp, clean, pure feeling. Too soft can be an issue as well. Couldn’t get a feel for Yururi wedges due to the lack of feedback, for example.

Bingo. Yururi is Kyoei so you have my examples down exactly. And yes. Too soft for proper feedback . BP hit in the middle is pretty much best of both of those worlds.

Miura isn’t really “ clicky “ but has that hArder solid mass feeling. BP is very similar. I just find them to be more muted when dead middled. But really splitting hairs.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Last question fellas. If the 4 iron is too much too handle, what do I blend the set with? i500? iblade? Ping doesn’t really make a driving iron.

Lefty

m06dkfd99tmz.jpg

• Like 1

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 5w 16.9* Ventus Black 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Fuji TourSpec 8.2s

Ping Blueprint S 5 - PW Steelfiber 95 & 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9

> @jrshelby said:

> Played first 2 rounds with these today. Easiest iron to hit I’ve had in recent memory. Absolutely amazing how easy and forgiving these are!

How do you like the DG120s in the BPs? And if different what shaft did you come from? Thanks

G430 LST 9*
G15 17.5*
G425 19*
W/S Blade 3-P
S22 51* Zipcore 56* S20 60*
Sigma 2 Arna Stealth

Won gross again for Men's night. Crap 73. 2 under with 4 to go and went bogey then double on 12 and 13.

Hit 14 of 18 greens. First round = exceeds expectations

These are great. Lasers. Dead solid feel

Longer than my weaker lofted s55's.

Missed a 3 foot bird on 7 ... 8 iron ..had 15" of break.

My bogey on 12 was a 189 yard 6 iron right over the pin into a back trap. On 8 I laced a 7i from 184 to 30 feet for eagle. . But missed it.

Very windy. The blueprints were awesome on low knockdowns

After using 100g shafts this season in my s55's I am debating using the xp115 x100 pulls I had in my t-mb's, little lighter than the 132g s400's

EvnRoll ER9

These do not feel like i500's at all, I was also not a fan

EvnRoll ER9

> @cardoustie said:

> Won gross again for Men's night. Crap 73. 2 under with 4 to go and went bogey then double on 12 and 13.

> Hit 14 of 18 greens. First round = exceeds expectations

> These are great. Lasers. Dead solid feel

> Longer than my weaker lofted s55's.

> Missed a 3 foot bird on 7 ... 8 iron ..had 15" of break.

> My bogey on 12 was a 189 yard 6 iron right over the pin into a back trap. On 8 I laced a 7i from 184 to 30 feet for eagle. . But missed it.

> Very windy. The blueprints were awesome on low knockdowns

> After using 100g shafts this season in my s55's I am debating using the xp115 x100 pulls I had in my t-mb's, little lighter than the 132g s400's

"longer than weaker lofted s55's"?

The standard lofts of the S55's are stronger than the Blueprint's. Did you weaken the S55's or strengthen the Blueprints lofts?

Sorry my blueprints are power spec

EvnRoll ER9

> @Steele47 said:

> > @cardoustie said:

> > Sorry my blueprints are power spec

>

> Oh gotcha. Thought I was missing something. I did not know the Blueprints were offered in Power Spec. I guess all their offerings come with that option now.

Ideal as I wanted stronger 6 and 7 irons

EvnRoll ER9

Count me in as another fan of the feel of these, I actually prefer the feel to my baby blades which are now up for sale

Driver = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max-D 

3 wood = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max HL

3 Hybrid = Tour Edge Exotics C722
Irons = 4-PW Miura KM 700
Gap Wedge = Miura HB 50*

Sand Wedge = Taylormade MG2 56*

Putter = LAB DF3

Ball = TP5x pix / Bridgestone Tour B-X

> @mBiden2 said:

> > @rxk9fan said:

> > I guess I will just have to watch here with envy....at least until I can get to a demo day. Before my current set I had played the Z945. I miss them and think the BP would be an awesome replacement BUT, I found a deal on a demo set of Z-Forged for $450 with a shaft I wanted to test. So, they will be here Monday and I need to quit watching this thread :-). I doubt that will last a day but...........OK, cya here tomorrow :-)

>

> That’s a killer deal! What shaft is in them?

Nippon Modus Tour 105

Please know I don't want to derail this great thread in any way. Todays post were SO positive about the BP's. I honestly did not expect Ping to get the first try this right. I wonder if they tapped outside talent or if this project was all organic? The team certainly seems to have killed this project!

• Like 1

Driver- Titleist TsR2 with Graphite Design Tour AD

4w - Titleist Tsi2 with Tensei Raw Blue shaft

19 Hy - Titleist 818 H1 with Atmos Tour Spec

23 Hy - Titleist 818 with Graphite Design Tour AD-DI shaft

5i-PW - Bridgestone J15 CB with Recoil F4 110 shafts

50,54,and 58 Wilson Staff wedges with SF shafts

Ping Prime Tyne 4 PSD

> @Steele47 said:

> > @cardoustie said:

> > Sorry my blueprints are power spec

>

> Oh gotcha. Thought I was missing something. I did not know the Blueprints were offered in Power Spec. I guess all their offerings come with that option now.

What is power spec?

Titleist TSR3 with Fuji Ventus TR Blue 6x 
Titleist TSR3 with Fuji Ventus Blue 8x
Titleist T200 Utility with Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black (90x)
Miura MB101 (4-PW) with KBS Black $ Taper (130x)
Vokey SM8 Black Wedges- 50F, 54S, & 58D with KBS Black $ Taper 
Bettinardi Tour Issue BB0 Flow Prototype

A pretty good deal on i500/blueprint combo in the bst here. Just FYI.

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1777887/i-got-taxes-to-pay-sale-hate-illinois#latest

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @beluga99 said:

> > @jrshelby said:

> > Played first 2 rounds with these today. Easiest iron to hit I’ve had in recent memory. Absolutely amazing how easy and forgiving these are!

>

> How do you like the DG120s in the BPs? And if different what shaft did you come from? Thanks

I'm coming from PX LZ 6.5 which had a Hugh learning curve for me. All over the place for me. Spun a lot when I went after it. Would turn over to easy for me as well. If I let off of the gas id push them bad. Had to manipulate me hands at times to get down through the ball instead of having my hands just go along for the ride if that makes sense.The DG 120 X100 reminds me of KBS tour feel but with DG ball flight. I think they fit the blueprint perfectly. More penetrating. Had a few headwind shots yesterday and never once did the shot ballon. The results you get out of these irons and shaft combo is very predictable. I'd also say that after 2 full rounds, at 2 different courses in the same day, I did not go home exhausted which is a sigh that the shaft is a good fit for me. Never over swung and I'd say my tempo is better with these then the LZ. I also thought I'd loose a little distance and I'm happy to report I did not. These are more forgiving then the MP 18 SC I'm coming from. I hope this helps, Steve.

TSr3 8° VENTUS RED TR 7X

TSr3 3W 15° VENTUS RED TR 8X

2023 T200 2/17°

2023 T200 4-PW, GW

SM10 52, 58 M-Grind

PIRETTI POTENZA WB

TitleistSmaller.jpg.5bc014a5893add877cc9ffa452af52bd.jpg

I haven't hit the 790s a lot, but I have a few friends that have them and ha> @golfinguru11 said:

> Last question fellas. If the 4 iron is too much too handle, what do I blend the set with? i500? iblade? Ping doesn’t really make a driving iron.

Pretty much took the four iron out of the box, laughed, and put it up with the "other" clubs in my garage. I have a TM UDI 2 iron and a Ping Anser 17 Hybrid (2 iron) that i rotate in and out with. But to me when you get to that length yardage (210+) I'm rarely needing it, and I'd rather have the forgiveness of the hybrid or UDI than hitting a 4 iron once every two rounds. The UDI blends in pretty nicely.

> @rxk9fan said:

> Out of all the reasons of why I should not play blades(and I do about 50% of the time), the only one that causes me hesitation is something the Pings staff illustrates well. I really could care less what Bubba or Brooks or Tiger plays. My swing is nothing like theirs. But explain to me why the majority of the Ping LPGA staff plays i210's and I don't know of any who play the BP. At 60.5 years of age and a Driver SS averaging around 105, my swing is very close to some of these ladies, none of which are playing BP. Why do the majority of LPGA players stay away from blades?

The only LPGA player I know that consistently played Blades was Charley Hull when she was with Titleist. Not sure what she plays now as it appears Titleist no longer is her sponsor..

> @beluga99 said:

> > @jrshelby said:

> > Played first 2 rounds with these today. Easiest iron to hit I’ve had in recent memory. Absolutely amazing how easy and forgiving these are!

>

> How do you like the DG120s in the BPs? And if different what shaft did you come from? Thanks

Just throw in my 2 cents - I have the DG120s, coming from CFS's, no real difference that I can tell? But I'll probably go chasing something to lower my ball flight a touch with my BPs, but that's the internal struggle with me and irons. BPs + 120s definitely have some "heft" to them though. I personally like it, but I know the trend it going the other way.

Haven't gotten my BPs in yet (should arrive next week) but I plan to play my P790 3 iron with Modus 105 at the top of the set, then 4-PW is all blueprint in power spec DG 120. Really excited to start gaming them.

Driver: TSR3 10.0* | Accra Tour Z RPG 472 45"

5 Wood: SIM Max 18.5* | Mitsubishi MMT 85TX

2i: Mizuno Fli-Hi 18* | KBS Prototype 95X

3i: Ping i59 @ 21* | Mitsubishi MMT 125TX
4-PW: Callaway TCB Raw | Project X 7.0
Wedges: 50&54&60: Cleveland CBX Zipcore | Project X 6.5
Putter: Cobra Vintage Sport-60

> @pearls24 said:

> > @Steele47 said:

> > > @cardoustie said:

> > > Sorry my blueprints are power spec

> >

> > Oh gotcha. Thought I was missing something. I did not know the Blueprints were offered in Power Spec. I guess all their offerings come with that option now.

>

>

> What is power spec?

Ping's factory 2* stronger lofts through the set offered on (apparently) all(?) their iron sets.

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

> @Rcush said:

> 25c44bvkr9re.jpeg

> RonSwanson I preordered them maybe that's why it wasn't an upcharge.

>

> Here is my 6 iron Blueprint shots from today. Really hitting nicely. Like the guys said up top if you can play s55's you can play these. I think these are a touch softer.

>

>

Gotta get your height and land angle up with that spin rate.

> @nsxguy said:

> > @pearls24 said:

> > > @Steele47 said:

> > > > @cardoustie said:

> > > > Sorry my blueprints are power spec

> > >

> > > Oh gotcha. Thought I was missing something. I did not know the Blueprints were offered in Power Spec. I guess all their offerings come with that option now.

> >

> >

> > What is power spec?

>

> Ping's factory 2* stronger lofts through the set offered on (apparently) all(?) their iron sets.

They're not 2* stronger across the board, they are typically around 1* stronger off their default number, with occasional 1/2 and 1 1/2* increments.

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

> @jmkenn0 said:

> I haven't hit the 790s a lot, but I have a few friends that have them and ha> @golfinguru11 said:

> > Last question fellas. If the 4 iron is too much too handle, what do I blend the set with? i500? iblade? Ping doesn’t really make a driving iron.

> Pretty much took the four iron out of the box, laughed, and put it up with the "other" clubs in my garage. I have a TM UDI 2 iron and a Ping Anser 17 Hybrid (2 iron) that i rotate in and out with. But to me when you get to that length yardage (210+) I'm rarely needing it, and I'd rather have the forgiveness of the hybrid or UDI than hitting a 4 iron once every two rounds. The UDI blends in pretty nicely.

>

>

4 iron is such a valuable club if you play in the wind though. If I pull the trigger on a 5-pw set I think iBlade is the move. I mean, it works for finau.

• Like 1

Lefty