2019 Ping Blueprint Irons - New in hand photos

GolfWRX

order in, went DG s400, +1", orange dot, progressive swingweights from D5 to D9, power spec lofts. Normally I am +3/4" but these, as mentioned, are 1/4" shorter than iblades

The waiting game for the new driver and irons begins

The all black DLX bag is coming out of retirement

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 5w 16.9* Ventus Black 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Fuji TourSpec 8.2s

Ping Blueprint S 5 - PW Steelfiber 95 & 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9
ย 

ย 

> @gbartwrx said:

> I'm literally sitting at the driving range waiting for the pro to bring my blueprints from the clubhouse.... I'm dying

ย 

Yep. The day my rep called and said โ€œ your set is on the brown truck. But I donโ€™t have tracking number โ€œ I almost died. Lol. Thanks goodness they arrived that day. As I said before. 1st new set of irons Iโ€™ve ever had built for me. So the anticipation was unreal.

• Like 1

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7xย 

TM Sim2 max tour ย 16* GD ย ADHD 8xย 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5Tย 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70ย 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125txย 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlockย 

h7qpbryiz24x.jpg

ย 

In all their glory

ย 

• Like 2

PING G410 LST 9* (Weight neutral) - HZRDUS Black 6.5ย 
PING G410 14.5* LST - Tensei Pro Orange TX 70
PING Blueprint 3-Pw - KBS Tour S+ - Cushin
PING Glide Forged (Ping Man stamps) - 50ยบ/54ยบ/58ยบ - KBS Tour S+ - Cushin
PING PLD Anser "Honey Badger"
Bridgestone Tour B XS

> @gbartwrx said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @gbartwrx said:

> > > I'm literally sitting at the driving range waiting for the pro to bring my blueprints from the clubhouse.... I'm dying

> >

> > Yep. The day my rep called and said โ€œ your set is on the brown truck. But I donโ€™t have tracking number โ€œ I almost died. Lol. Thanks goodness they arrived that day. As I said before. 1st new set of irons Iโ€™ve ever had built for me. So the anticipation was unreal.

>

> .......... and they aren't here! tracking # says by end of day. i got a whole new bag, brand new from top to bottom as a 40th birthday present to myself. this is my first new set of irons since i ordered the S59s when they were released. i sold my S55s and iE1s to a buddy for him and his son and now im at risk for being stuck with god awful AP2 rentals if the irons aren't here tomorrow.

ย 

I hate when that s*** happens. Hopefully the truck is just running behind and you still get them today.

• Like 1

> @stansoph said:

> For the guys playing the forged Glide wedges, how is the visual transition and from the Blueprint wedge versus the Glide forged? Feel? Iโ€™d like to mate the wedges to the irons with similar size, shape and feel..

ย 

I personally think it blends perfectly. Iโ€™ll post some pics of the pw with glide forged 54 later today side by side. The glide forged is a touch more rounded. But most wedges are.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125txย 

LAB Mezz Max armlockย 

ย 

> @stansoph said:

> For the guys playing the forged Glide wedges, how is the visual transition and from the Blueprint wedge versus the Glide forged? Feel? Iโ€™d like to mate the wedges to the irons with similar size, shape and feel..

ย 

I've put the 50 deg Glide Forged next to the demo PW from Blueprint next to each other at work to see what that'd look like. I think it's pretty smooth, though as pointed out above, the BP wedge is more square than the Forged wedge.

ย 

TSi3 9.0 (A4)ย  Tensei Raw Blue 65 Stiffย 

TS2 15 (B1) Project X Even Flowย White 75 6.0
TS3 19 (C4) Project X Even Flow White 90 6.0
i59 4-W DG 120 S300
Glide Forged Pro (52/56/60) DG 120 S300
Scotty Cameron 009m and Tour Newportย 
Pro V1x Yellowย 

> @Oldboy said:

> my buddy had to send his set back .. tungsten weights were coming loose .. haven't seen any posts here about it.. he claims its a known issue?

ย 

They screw in. Just a Torx bit on drill or torx screwdriver to snug back. But I doubt highly that they back out. Iโ€™ve pulled a couple mine for curiosity and they are quite snug.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125txย 

LAB Mezz Max armlockย 

Did a quick gapping session. Hitting Bridgestone Tour B XS on Skytrak indoors. The carry consistency when these are hit well is unbelieveable.

5hb159olzgye.png

osmaqlsxh4sx.png

ebkqzflt09u0.png

cqvc9nue0pkv.png

ย 

• Like 2

PING G410 LST 9* (Weight neutral) - HZRDUS Black 6.5ย 
PING G410 14.5* LST - Tensei Pro Orange TX 70
PING Blueprint 3-Pw - KBS Tour S+ - Cushin
PING Glide Forged (Ping Man stamps) - 50ยบ/54ยบ/58ยบ - KBS Tour S+ - Cushin
PING PLD Anser "Honey Badger"
Bridgestone Tour B XS

I'm coming from Apex pro 19 and so far I love the Blueprints. Im not saying they are big berta, but much more forgiving than I was led to believe. 3 rounds in and my GIR are up and scores down. I actually hit the 4i farther than the apex pro.

Callaway Mavrick Callaway Mavrick SZ 3W Callaway Superhybrid Titleist 510 20 Titleist T100 Vokey SM7 54 and 60 Scotty Cameron T22

> @dvdt said:

> I'm coming from Apex pro 19 and so far I love the Blueprints. I'm not saying they are big berta, but much more forgiving than I was led to believe. 3 rounds in and my GIR are up and scores down. I actually hit the 4i farther than the apex pro.

ย 

Great this is not what I want to hear. I am currently playing the Apex 19 combo set and I was going to trade them in for a full Apex 19 set. When I stopped by the PGASS I hit the Blueprints and now I am not sure which direction to go. The Blueprints are beautiful and much more forgiving then I expected.........Played the Callaway MB's last year, decided to go with forgiveness in the combo and I am just not in love with the 4-7 look/feel in the Apex Combo.

ย 

So in your opinion, between Apex Pro 19 vs Blueprints, what are the 3 biggest differences that made you change?

> @CaseyDan said:

> > @dvdt said:

> > I'm coming from Apex pro 19 and so far I love the Blueprints. I'm not saying they are big berta, but much more forgiving than I was led to believe. 3 rounds in and my GIR are up and scores down. I actually hit the 4i farther than the apex pro.

>

> Great this is not what I want to hear. I am currently playing the Apex 19 combo set and I was going to trade them in for a full Apex 19 set. When I stopped by the PGASS I hit the Blueprints and now I am not sure which direction to go. The Blueprints are beautiful and much more forgiving then I expected.........Played the Callaway MB's last year, decided to go with forgiveness in the combo and I am just not in love with the 4-7 look/feel in the Apex Combo.

>

> So in your opinion, between Apex Pro 19 vs Blueprints, what are the 3 biggest differences that made you change?

ย 

Shiny and new are two.

I actually had combo set too and didnt love the regular apex so went all pros. I actually love the pros but wanted to try they BP. I love the squared toe and find them just as forgiving. I'm just having fun playing them, another round today and still hitting more greens. I actually reach for the BP 4i before the crossover 3i, that's how much confidence I have in them. So short story long:

1. Like the BP 4 and 5i better, they get through turn and I hit them farther.

2. Like pitching with pw better than the pro.

3. I hit the BP better overall.

Callaway Mavrick Callaway Mavrick SZ 3W Callaway Superhybrid Titleist 510 20 Titleist T100 Vokey SM7 54 and 60 Scotty Cameron T22

> @dvdt said:

> I'm coming from Apex pro 19 and so far I love the Blueprints. Im not saying they are big berta, but much more forgiving than I was led to believe. 3 rounds in and my GIR are up and scores down. I actually hit the 4i farther than the apex pro.

ย 

I am currently in Apex Pro 16. How would you compare you Apex Pro 19 to Blueprints? Have you lost distance? Is the feel better?

ย 

ย 

> @Kball10 said:

> > @dvdt said:

> > I'm coming from Apex pro 19 and so far I love the Blueprints. Im not saying they are big berta, but much more forgiving than I was led to believe. 3 rounds in and my GIR are up and scores down. I actually hit the 4i farther than the apex pro.

>

> I am currently in Apex Pro 16. How would you compare you Apex Pro 19 to Blueprints? Have you lost distance? Is the feel better?

>

>

ย 

Iโ€™ve hit both..Apex Pro 19is great...but it has a clicky/snappy sound to it. No way not to with that thin of a face. Blueprint is mushy soft sounding on good strikes. More mass behind the ball on an efficient strike is just always going to be better sounding.

ย 

Distance wise...I found Apex Pro to be pretty close to Blueprint. Theyโ€™re a degree stronger on most clubs, but not super noticeable. Tighter distance dispersion with Blueprint, though.

TSi3 9.0 (A4)ย  Tensei Raw Blue 65 Stiffย 

TS2 15 (B1) Project X Even Flowย White 75 6.0
TS3 19 (C4) Project X Even Flow White 90 6.0
i59 4-W DG 120 S300
Glide Forged Pro (52/56/60) DG 120 S300
Scotty Cameron 009m and Tour Newportย 
Pro V1x Yellowย 

> @Kball10 said:

> > @dvdt said:

> > I'm coming from Apex pro 19 and so far I love the Blueprints. Im not saying they are big berta, but much more forgiving than I was led to believe. 3 rounds in and my GIR are up and scores down. I actually hit the 4i farther than the apex pro.

>

> I am currently in Apex Pro 16. How would you compare you Apex Pro 19 to Blueprints? Have you lost distance? Is the feel better?

>

>

ย 

Picked up distance and did not expect it. The apex pro feel slightly better, but BP wins on distance and just confidence for me. I'm playing much better with these.

> @dvdt said:

> I'm coming from Apex pro 19 and so far I love the Blueprints. Im not saying they are big berta, but much more forgiving than I was led to believe. 3 rounds in and my GIR are up and scores down. I actually hit the 4i farther than the apex pro.

ย 

Not shocked. Pure hit for pure hit I saw more ball speed from BP and miura BB than i500. ( tested 4-5 irons ). Loads of mass in the right spot makes more speed. It was only 1 mph on average. But it was consistently faster. Not just one and done fluke.

• Like 2

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125txย 

LAB Mezz Max armlockย 

> @dvdt said:

> > @Kball10 said:

> > > @dvdt said:

> > > I'm coming from Apex pro 19 and so far I love the Blueprints. Im not saying they are big berta, but much more forgiving than I was led to believe. 3 rounds in and my GIR are up and scores down. I actually hit the 4i farther than the apex pro.

> >

> > I am currently in Apex Pro 16. How would you compare you Apex Pro 19 to Blueprints? Have you lost distance? Is the feel better?

> >

> >

>

> Picked up distance and did not expect it. The apex pro feel slightly better, but BP wins on distance and just confidence for me. I'm playing much better with these.

ย 

ย 

What shaft did you get in the Blueprints?

ย 

I'm about a 15 hcp currently and hit these today...WOW the amount of forgiveness and "easy-of-use" in these are the best I've seen in any blade-style iron. The turf interaction for me was absolutely perfect...seriously thinking about getting these even thou I love my Apex/Pro 19's... I hit them back to back with the Miura MC-501's and preferred the feel of the Blueprints. Whats the best place to order Ping from these days?

• Like 2

Thereโ€™s a set 4-pw on eBay in new shape wit kbs 120 for $1300 and change. In case thatโ€™s someoneโ€™s shaft of choice here.

ย 

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F202700022615

• Like 1

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125txย 

LAB Mezz Max armlockย