2019 Ping Blueprint Irons - New in hand photos

GolfWRX

Don’t want to derail the blueprint thread but I figured this would be the best place to get an answer. I’ve always been a ping homer and am looking to replacement 716 cbs, are these blueprints the replacement for the iblade?

Or do we think ping is set to release something closer to an iblade/ap2 style iron that isn’t this?

> @mschu24 said:

> Don’t want to derail the blueprint thread but I figured this would be the best place to get an answer. I’ve always been a ping homer and am looking to replacement 716 cbs, are these blueprints the replacement for the iblade?

>

> Or do we think ping is set to release something closer to an iblade/ap2 style iron that isn’t this?

Not an iBlade replacement. A whole new beast entirely.

PING G410 LST 9* (Weight neutral) - HZRDUS Black 6.5 
PING G410 14.5* LST - Tensei Pro Orange TX 70
PING Blueprint 3-Pw - KBS Tour S+ - Cushin
PING Glide Forged (Ping Man stamps) - 50º/54º/58º - KBS Tour S+ - Cushin
PING PLD Anser "Honey Badger"
Bridgestone Tour B XS

> @mBiden2 said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @mBiden2 said:

> > > @bladehunter when you get out on the course tomorrow, can you do me a favor and take an address picture, behind the ball, with the 3 and 4i? I’m trying to figure out if I should order 3-pw or just going with 5-pw. Thanks!

> >

> > Will do ! No problem.

>

> Thanks!

Here you go. This is in my dead yard afterward but same difference. Lol. 3 iron then 4 and then both together. To me. These are very forgiving compared to my titleist set. I hit a 3 iron off the tee on 18 that missed way toeside and it flew high and honestly went a shocking long way. It is dry on our course. So it rolled for sure. Toe misses don’t feel dead like an old blade. Not at alll. zclzszjvcpmn.jpeg

qjq0d3b7wu9g.jpeg

d846jbypbs0i.jpeg

• Like 2

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

So I just came off the course from playing 9 with our club pro and another senior pro that retired in our area. Very solid players. I hesitate to tell you how well I played with these. Lol. It sounds like fluff. I hit the course having never hit the 8-5 irons. Straight from work. And shot 35 with 3 birdies. Lol. I’d have been lower except I’m dead tired and every driver went left. So I played from the trees 3 times and made 2 bogeys. Putter was also hot so that accounts for the birds. Anyway. I missed a few as. Wasn’t punished. Shockingly forgiving. Like Adams mb2 level good. ( cult classic forgiving blade) I flushed several and watched them track as straight as any iron I’ve ever hit. The balance with these is amazing. They aren’t biased either way. Just think one shot or another and watch it go that way. Also I’m close to a club longer on a full draw with them. They aren’t short. And my comparison is about as apples to apples ad can be. Same shaft (modus 130x) same length , lie and swing weight as the titleist set. My blue print set is built off a 47 degree pw. The titleist was 48 in its last iteration.

Cannot say a bad thing. Love it. And I know people will roll their eyes at this. I truly , cross my heart and hope to die , just had that awesome of an experience with them.

• Like 2

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> > @mBiden2 said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > @mBiden2 said:

> > > > @bladehunter when you get out on the course tomorrow, can you do me a favor and take an address picture, behind the ball, with the 3 and 4i? I’m trying to figure out if I should order 3-pw or just going with 5-pw. Thanks!

> > >

> > > Will do ! No problem.

> >

> > Thanks!

>

> Here you go. This is in my dead yard afterward but same difference. Lol. 3 iron then 4 and then both together. To me. These are very forgiving compared to my titleist set. I hit a 3 iron off the tee on 18 that missed way toeside and it flew high and honestly went a shocking long way. It is dry on our course. So it rolled for sure. Toe misses don’t feel dead like an old blade. Not at alll. zclzszjvcpmn.jpeg

> qjq0d3b7wu9g.jpeg

> d846jbypbs0i.jpeg

>

My gosh. These look so good Blade. Are you ready to rank these ahead of your children yet? I’m about ready to pull funds from my kids’ college funds to grab a set.

• Like 1

Former professional golfer. Current amateur human being.

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5 HZRDUS Smoke iM10 Green 60 TX 45.9" D3

Driver 2: Taylormade Burner Mini 11.5 HZRDUS Smoke Green 70 X D5

Fairway: Taylormade Stealth Plus 3 Wood HZRDUS Smoke Green 70X D6

Hybrid: Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 19.5 Tensei AV White 85 X D6

Irons: Sub70 659 MB 5-GW DG 105 X (Takomo 201's w/ occasional cameos)

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM9 56 S Grind;  Cleveland RTX Full Face 64 DG 120 X E0

Putter: PXG Battle Ready Raptor 38” Wristlock Grip

> @PowderedToastMan said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @mBiden2 said:

> > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > @mBiden2 said:

> > > > > @bladehunter when you get out on the course tomorrow, can you do me a favor and take an address picture, behind the ball, with the 3 and 4i? I’m trying to figure out if I should order 3-pw or just going with 5-pw. Thanks!

> > > >

> > > > Will do ! No problem.

> > >

> > > Thanks!

> >

> > Here you go. This is in my dead yard afterward but same difference. Lol. 3 iron then 4 and then both together. To me. These are very forgiving compared to my titleist set. I hit a 3 iron off the tee on 18 that missed way toeside and it flew high and honestly went a shocking long way. It is dry on our course. So it rolled for sure. Toe misses don’t feel dead like an old blade. Not at alll. zclzszjvcpmn.jpeg

> > qjq0d3b7wu9g.jpeg

> > d846jbypbs0i.jpeg

> >

> My gosh. These look so good Blade. Are you ready to rank these ahead of your children yet? I’m about ready to pull funds from my kids’ college funds to grab a set.

>

Dude. I’m not at all exaggerating on the ease of use. Ping stank is all over this set. Lol

I’m swinging good. But this face let’s you see exactly where you hit it. And several toe clankers just carried on like they were middle.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @TheMoneyShot said:

> Friday delivery... Looking forward to getting in some work. P730’s are not happy...

So you bought Blueprints and Tiger's irons? Amazing.

• Like 2

Club Champion Custom Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 Gram, A Flex

Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, Kuro Kage 606 S
TXG Custom  SIM Max 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2

TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R
TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-pw, 1* upright, Recoil E460 R
PXG 0211 GW, 50*, (new version), UST Recoil Dart R
TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115 

Ping Glide 4.0 58*, Nippon 115 
TXG Custom Cobra Nova, KBS CT Tour Shaft

> @bladehunter said:

> > @mBiden2 said:

> > @bladehunter when you get out on the course tomorrow, can you do me a favor and take an address picture, behind the ball, with the 3 and 4i? I’m trying to figure out if I should order 3-pw or just going with 5-pw. Thanks!

>

> Will do ! No problem.

Thanks!> @bladehunter said:

> > @mBiden2 said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > @mBiden2 said:

> > > > @bladehunter when you get out on the course tomorrow, can you do me a favor and take an address picture, behind the ball, with the 3 and 4i? I’m trying to figure out if I should order 3-pw or just going with 5-pw. Thanks!

> > >

> >

> > Thanks!

>

> Here you go. This is in my dead yard afterward but same difference. Lol. 3 iron then 4 and then both together. To me. These are very forgiving compared to my titleist set. I hit a 3 iron off the tee on 18 that missed way toeside and it flew high and honestly went a shocking long way. It is dry on our course. So it rolled for sure. Toe misses don’t feel dead like an old blade. Not at alll. zclzszjvcpmn.jpeg

> qjq0d3b7wu9g.jpeg

> d846jbypbs0i.jpeg

>

Thanks! They definitely don’t look that small at address. I’m hoping to hit them this weekend and then I’ll pull the trigger. After seeing your pics, I’d have to say that I’ll probably just go 3-PW.

Driver: TaylorMade SIM MAX (10.5 degrees - set to 9.75 and 1.5 degrees open)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 White 70 TX (at 45" and tipped 1")

3-wood: TaylorMade SIM (15 degrees)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 Black 70 TX (at 43" and tipped 1")

UDI: *** Under Construction ***

Irons: TaylorMade P-7MC 4-PW (1 degree upright)

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Tour 120 X

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore Tour Rack (Raw) 52.10, 56.12 & 60.12

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Wedge 125

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Mid-Slant (at 34")

> @bladehunter said:

> > @PowderedToastMan said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > @mBiden2 said:

> > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > @mBiden2 said:

> > > > > > @bladehunter when you get out on the course tomorrow, can you do me a favor and take an address picture, behind the ball, with the 3 and 4i? I’m trying to figure out if I should order 3-pw or just going with 5-pw. Thanks!

> > > > >

> > > > > Will do ! No problem.

> > > >

> > > > Thanks!

> > >

> > > Here you go. This is in my dead yard afterward but same difference. Lol. 3 iron then 4 and then both together. To me. These are very forgiving compared to my titleist set. I hit a 3 iron off the tee on 18 that missed way toeside and it flew high and honestly went a shocking long way. It is dry on our course. So it rolled for sure. Toe misses don’t feel dead like an old blade. Not at alll. zclzszjvcpmn.jpeg

> > > qjq0d3b7wu9g.jpeg

> > > d846jbypbs0i.jpeg

> > >

> > My gosh. These look so good Blade. Are you ready to rank these ahead of your children yet? I’m about ready to pull funds from my kids’ college funds to grab a set.

> >

>

> Dude. I’m not at all exaggerating on the ease of use. Ping stank is all over this set. Lol

> I’m swinging good. But this face let’s you see exactly where you hit it. And several toe clankers just carried on like they were middle.

I had to do it...

eop1abzktabw.gif

I got to hit the pw 7 and 4 iron demos today. They had the dg120 shafts and they were terrific. Very soft feeling and easy to elevate.Quite surprising to be honest. The heads are small, but they have a terrific shape. Have to call ping to see what size hosel they have. It might be that tapered 370 one. I would have bought a set if they didn't measure d0. Need to see what they do for swing weighting. Does as anyone know if they tip weight the shaft and put a different toe weight in to bring up swing weight? Thanks....and these are really nice

• Like 1

PING, would you consider casting a future iron exactly like Blueprint? I want this iron, just at a lower price point. If anyone can make a perfect cast blade, it’s you.

• Like 1

Former professional golfer. Current amateur human being.

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5 HZRDUS Smoke iM10 Green 60 TX 45.9" D3

Driver 2: Taylormade Burner Mini 11.5 HZRDUS Smoke Green 70 X D5

Fairway: Taylormade Stealth Plus 3 Wood HZRDUS Smoke Green 70X D6

Hybrid: Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 19.5 Tensei AV White 85 X D6

Irons: Sub70 659 MB 5-GW DG 105 X (Takomo 201's w/ occasional cameos)

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM9 56 S Grind;  Cleveland RTX Full Face 64 DG 120 X E0

Putter: PXG Battle Ready Raptor 38” Wristlock Grip

8 through PW are visually horrible, they Pinged it for sure. 4 through 7 are great...

PING G430 10K Max 9 degree (digitally lofted) DI VF 6X tipped .5". 44.5" D5 

G430 17 HY DI HY 85 X

TSR2 21 HY DI HY 85 X

4 THRU PW King Tour KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 48 "F" KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 54 "F" S400

VOKEY 60 "V" S400

JAILBIRD CRUISER 38"

HOOFER LITE BLACK CAMO 

2024 TP5X (as of now)

> @TheMoneyShot said:

> > @rgk5 said:

> > > @TheMoneyShot said:

> > > Friday delivery... Looking forward to getting in some work. P730’s are not happy...

> >

> > So you bought Blueprints and Tiger's irons? Amazing.

>

> I’m just a sick club ho man...

If only you were 5' 9" and a lefty I could live off your crumbs most years.

• Like 1

> @dvdt said:

> > @TheMoneyShot said:

> > Friday delivery... Looking forward to getting in some work. P730’s are not happy...

>

> How do the Pings compare to the 730?

I plan on hitting them side by side this weekend. Really love the looks of the BP’s but the 730’s have been great clubs for me. It will be interesting.

> @denvergolf said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @PowderedToastMan said:

> > > > > @mBiden2 said:

> > > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > > @mBiden2 said:

> > > > > > > @bladehunter when you get out on the course tomorrow, can you do me a favor and take an address picture, behind the ball, with the 3 and 4i? I’m trying to figure out if I should order 3-pw or just going with 5-pw. Thanks!

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Will do ! No problem.

> > > > >

> > > > > Thanks!

> > > >

> > > > Here you go. This is in my dead yard afterward but same difference. Lol. 3 iron then 4 and then both together. To me. These are very forgiving compared to my titleist set. I hit a 3 iron off the tee on 18 that missed way toeside and it flew high and honestly went a shocking long way. It is dry on our course. So it rolled for sure. Toe misses don’t feel dead like an old blade. Not at alll. zclzszjvcpmn.jpeg

> > > > qjq0d3b7wu9g.jpeg

> > > > d846jbypbs0i.jpeg

> > > >

> > > My gosh. These look so good Blade. Are you ready to rank these ahead of your children yet? I’m about ready to pull funds from my kids’ college funds to grab a set.

> > >

> >

> > Dude. I’m not at all exaggerating on the ease of use. Ping stank is all over this set. Lol

> > I’m swinging good. But this face let’s you see exactly where you hit it. And several toe clankers just carried on like they were middle.

>

> I had to do it...

>

> eop1abzktabw.gif

>

lol. > @denvergolf said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @PowderedToastMan said:

> > > > > @mBiden2 said:

> > > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > > @mBiden2 said:

> > > > > > > @bladehunter when you get out on the course tomorrow, can you do me a favor and take an address picture, behind the ball, with the 3 and 4i? I’m trying to figure out if I should order 3-pw or just going with 5-pw. Thanks!

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Will do ! No problem.

> > > > >

> > > > > Thanks!

> > > >

> > > > Here you go. This is in my dead yard afterward but same difference. Lol. 3 iron then 4 and then both together. To me. These are very forgiving compared to my titleist set. I hit a 3 iron off the tee on 18 that missed way toeside and it flew high and honestly went a shocking long way. It is dry on our course. So it rolled for sure. Toe misses don’t feel dead like an old blade. Not at alll. zclzszjvcpmn.jpeg

> > > > qjq0d3b7wu9g.jpeg

> > > > d846jbypbs0i.jpeg

> > > >

> > > My gosh. These look so good Blade. Are you ready to rank these ahead of your children yet? I’m about ready to pull funds from my kids’ college funds to grab a set.

> > >

> >

> > Dude. I’m not at all exaggerating on the ease of use. Ping stank is all over this set. Lol

> > I’m swinging good. But this face let’s you see exactly where you hit it. And several toe clankers just carried on like they were middle.

>

> I had to do it...

>

> ![](https://s3.amazonaws.com/golfwrxforums/uploads/editor/

Lol. Pure as the driven snow , I’m sure.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> > @mBiden2 said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > @mBiden2 said:

> > >

> >

> > Thanks!

>

> qjq0d3b7wu9g.jpeg

> d846jbypbs0i.jpeg

>

Is the face height from hosel transition to center of face fairly short through the set like the 3/4 iron? I can't stand a tall iron head. I play Eye 2's and like a sharp high toe, but too tall on the inside half of the face is bleh ( The Eye 2's have it, but overall they feel like fairly small heads to me for GI irons ). Short irons are taller naturally, but that bump/hump near the hosel that the "I" series irons has turns me off. I'm gonna have to get a set of these down the road regardless. They're too pretty!

I hit the demos yesterday finally. And I gotta be honest, I think I may be the weakest ball striker on WRX because I am not 100% sold on them for me. Great strikes with 7i were jaw droppingly good...good strikes were really good. However, I had too many shots that made me doubt my skill level (I hit a lot...great to start, deteriorating results, then finished with a string of solid shots after I slowed down and focused on contact). Now, my iBlade 7i is 3/4” longer than the demo, I hate MCC grips, and I dislike all shafts other than std Dynamic Gold. So the demo iron is definitely not set up for my success.

So...I’m still thinking 7-W to match my iBlade specs. I’m sold on bagging 8-W in Blueprints, but the 7 iron and maybe 6 iron are tempting me. I want nothing to do with 2-5...hit some great shots with the demo 4, but love iBlade in 3-5 iron.

• Like 1

TSi3 9.0 (A4)  Tensei Raw Blue 65 Stiff 

TS2 15 (B1) Project X Even Flow White 75 6.0
TS3 19 (C4) Project X Even Flow White 90 6.0
i59 4-W DG 120 S300
Glide Forged Pro (52/56/60) DG 120 S300
Scotty Cameron 009m and Tour Newport 
Pro V1x Yellow 

> @bladehunter said:

> > @mBiden2 said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > @mBiden2 said:

> > >

> >

> > Thanks!

>

> Here you go. This is in my dead yard afterward but same difference. Lol. 3 iron then 4 and then both together. To me. These are very forgiving compared to my titleist set. I hit a 3 iron off the tee on 18 that missed way toeside and it flew high and honestly went a shocking long way. It is dry on our course. So it rolled for sure. Toe misses don’t feel dead like an old blade. Not at alll.

Your yard is DEAD ? And you, a former assistant greenskeeper and top critic of the USGA ?!?!?! LOL

Saw the Blueprints in PGATSS and hit the 7 a bit. Beautiful iron. Felt really good. I just don't hit the center often enough.

Good luck with 'em.

• Like 1

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

> @nsxguy said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @mBiden2 said:

> > > > > @mBiden2 said:

> > > > > @bladehunter when you get out on the course tomorrow, can you do me a favor and take an address picture, behind the ball, with the 3 and 4i? I’m trying to figure out if I should order 3-pw or just going with 5-pw. Thanks!

> > > >

> > >

> > > Thanks!

> >

> > Here you go. This is in my dead yard afterward but same difference. Lol. 3 iron then 4 and then both together. To me. These are very forgiving compared to my titleist set. I hit a 3 iron off the tee on 18 that missed way toeside and it flew high and honestly went a shocking long way. It is dry on our course. So it rolled for sure. Toe misses don’t feel dead like an old blade. Not at alll.

>

> Your yard is DEAD ? And you, a former assistant greenskeeper and top critic of the USGA ?!?!?! LOL

>

> Saw the Blueprints in PGATSS and hit the 7 a bit. Beautiful iron. Felt really good. I just don't hit the center often enough.

>

> Good luck with 'em.

>

He has gophers too!

> @nsxguy said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @mBiden2 said:

> > > > > @mBiden2 said:

> > > >

> > >

> > > Thanks!

> >

> > Here you go. This is in my dead yard afterward but same difference. Lol. 3 iron then 4 and then both together. To me. These are very forgiving compared to my titleist set. I hit a 3 iron off the tee on 18 that missed way toeside and it flew high and honestly went a shocking long way. It is dry on our course. So it rolled for sure. Toe misses don’t feel dead like an old blade. Not at alll.

>

> Your yard is DEAD ? And you, a former assistant greenskeeper and top critic of the USGA ?!?!?! LOL

>

> Saw the Blueprints in PGATSS and hit the 7 a bit. Beautiful iron. Felt really good. I just don't hit the center often enough.

>

> Good luck with 'em.

>

Hey. It’s about 5 acres of hell. Lol. It has been 95 plus for 3 weeks and no rain. So yep. It’s in decline. But it’s Bermuda , soon as it rains on it, it will try to take over the world again. I’m glad it’s dead. I don’t have to cut it this week.

In other news. Just came off the course form a 19 hole match. This is the best set of irons I’ve owned. Easily the quickest transition of any club ever . Very impressed with how easy it is to get that little 3/4 yard sizzle sounding draw to just fall left. Previous set would hang that shot out straight a lot of times. Let’s you get at some in between yardages by giving you 3-4 more carry. Turf interaction is perfect too.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock