Another Bandon Thread...

Dsevans8

I think we've eaten at The Loft, Broken Anchor, and the Wheelhouse over the years. Each was good not great. The resort food seems pretty hit or miss to me, too.

It's hard for folks to remember that the town of Bandon only serves about 3,000 year round residents. There's some through traffic on the 101 during the summer, but the resort actually loses very little business into town.

I'd recommend eating at the resort and filling out a complaint card if the food isn't good. They usually respond pretty quickly to complaints, so I assume if they started getting more about the food it would be addressed.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alloro for dinner is outstanding...the folks are great, the food is outstanding and a very good wine menu. It is worth going off property to visit one night....just make reservations well in advance as they are a small restaurant.

https://www.allorowinebar.com/

If you happen to be there at the same time, they do some nice wine dinners.

It might be one of the best restaurants on the coast.

Any of you guys use your own cart while at Bandon... I am driving so have plenty of room and love my clicgear 3.0 and its accessories... is it worth taking it along or just one more thing to worry about while I'm there? I know there are a couple of spots at Pacific that might be a little difficult to traverse with a 3 wheel cart but wanted to hear from anyone who has used their own while at Bandon. Thanks

Any of you guys use your own cart while at Bandon... I am driving so have plenty of room and love my clicgear 3.0 and its accessories... is it worth taking it along or just one more thing to worry about while I'm there? I know there are a couple of spots at Pacific that might be a little difficult to traverse with a 3 wheel cart but wanted to hear from anyone who has used their own while at Bandon. Thanks

Yes. Lots do.

I would say about half of the group I take will bring their own. I know some people are fans of the rickshaws, but I personally hate them and I think paying for them is a joke as well.

I saw several with ewheels this year too.

Yes. Lots do.

I would say about half of the group I take will bring their own. I know some people are fans of the rickshaws, but I personally hate them and I think paying for them is a joke as well.

I saw several with ewheels this year too.

Really? I was told by people up there that electric carts were very frowned upon... I have thought about ewheels a lot and one of the biggest reasons was bandon. Thought it would be an ideal place to use it, especially with 36 a day. I mean it would cost me less for an ewheels than 6 rounds with a caddy.

A big reason my group favors renting Rickshaws is the logistics. Moving around from your room, to the range, to the course, back to your room with your own cart in the shuttle can be a pain. Getting to the course and grabbing a Rickshaw is a little more convenient for me. However-no cup holders.

A few of the trails and hole transfers are a little rugged and having the bigger wheels is nice.

However, I have used my clicgear before and it has been fine too.

A big reason my group favors renting Rickshaws is the logistics. Moving around from your room, to the range, to the course, back to your room with your own cart in the shuttle can be a pain. Getting to the course and grabbing a Rickshaw is a little more convenient for me. However-no cup holders.

A few of the trails and hole transfers are a little rugged and having the bigger wheels is nice.

I would agree completely, rickshaws are very convenient. I think I will be driving my personal vehicle between everything so that's why I was considering bringing my own cart.

I think the general consensus is that 3 wheel push carts work well at Bandon and OM, a toss up for Trails, and a no go at Pacific. The pull carts are easier across the rough terrain. I use my clicgear accordingly. More trouble than it's worth at Pacific.

G400 LST 8.5, Tour 75 stiff
G410 14.5, Tour 75 stiff
G410 19, 22, Tour 85 stiff
T100s, 5-gw, AMT White S200
Vokey, SM7, 54S, 58M
Never Compromise Portofino

I would agree completely, rickshaws are very convenient. I think I will be driving my personal vehicle between everything so that's why I was considering bringing my own cart.

I typically bring my clicgear and drive between courses but the shuttles do (barely) fit 2 loaded clicgears in the back storage door. Anyone who plans to use a riksha should consider one of these to make life easier... https://www.amazon.c...fect-Accessory

I typically bring my clicgear and drive between courses but the shuttles do (barely) fit 2 loaded clicgears in the back storage door. Anyone who plans to use a riksha should consider one of these to make life easier... https://www.amazon.c...fect-Accessory

Wow, good idea.

Ironing out our details for the week long game we'll be playing in Oct. Trying to factor in a handful of games on the Punchbowl. I know it's closed when PacDunes is closed for maintenance, which I understand they only close the courses on a rotation during the winter. Does anyone know this to be true? Any sense of when they start the closures? I can call and ask the proshop, thought I'd throw it to the group that may know even more than the folks working the phones...

Callaway Epic Speed- 8*

Callaway Rogue 5w

Srixon ZX7 3-PW

Titleist SM9- 50*, 54*, 58*

Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

• 3 years later...
On 3/13/2019 at 2:11 PM, KKBemal28 said:

Is Bandon still using the same Rikshas from 3 years ago? If not, will this accessory bag work on the new Rikshas?

18 minutes ago, Seamus_MacDuff said:

Yes, same Rikshas as they've had for years.

Hey Seamus this is off topic, but are you the same Seamus MacDuff that made the LIDAR version of Bandon Trails for TGC/PGA2k21? Asking out of curiosity more than anything

Driver:       PING G425 MAX 10.5* Diamana S+ 62 X

3w:             PING G425 MAX 14.5* / Ventus Blue 7X

5w:             PING G425 MAX 17.5* / Ventus Blue 9X
Irons:         Mizuno JPX921 Tour 4-PW / MODUS³ 120TX
Wedges:     Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50*, 54*, TaylorMade MG4 HBW 58* / MODUS³ 125 Wedge

Putter:       (Testing) L.A.B DF3 Counterbalance / TPT

Grips        Iomic Sticky Jumbo

15 hours ago, rooski said:

Hey Seamus this is off topic, but are you the same Seamus MacDuff that made the LIDAR version of Bandon Trails for TGC/PGA2k21? Asking out of curiosity more than anything

Nope not me.  The Seamus MacDuff moniker is a character from the book Golf in the Kingdom, so not surprising others have used the same name.