What’s the beef with Peter Finch and Rick Shiels?

Phisim89

Still watching all the english youtubers but you are right that they are getting a bit stale lately and seem to be focusing on their pay-websites more. A few that are intersting include:

Teaching: M&MG, Chris Ryan, Russell Heritage, Dan Whittaker, Top Speed, Smash Factor,, Eric Corgorno, GG

Vlogs: Golfholics, Crossfield

Equipment: TXG, Crossfield, Newton, Shiels

Other: Finch, EAL, Andrew Jensen

It would be nice to see Shiels and Finch get out for some vlogs, maybe even travelling to Dubai to play with Carter as well (they always had good matches). We'll see though.

Still watching all the english youtubers but you are right that they are getting a bit stale lately and seem to be focusing on their pay-websites more. A few that are intersting include:

Teaching: M&MG, Chris Ryan, Russell Heritage, Dan Whittaker, Top Speed, Smash Factor,, Eric Corgorno, GG

It would be nice to see Shiels and Finch get out for some vlogs, maybe even travelling to Dubai to play with Carter as well (they always had good matches). We'll see though.

I'm a big fan of GOLF VLOGS UK by Liam as well , great fun with the golf mates :-) Any other followers of this channel ?

Countdown for Augusta!!!

I cannot put my finger on it, but something is not accurate about TXG’s numbers. If the player guy could swing that hard and accurate he should be on tour. I find myself doubting them.

What, lol. That's like saying because one can throw a 95mph fast ball, they should be a MLB pitcher or because one can clap a 90mph slap shot they belong in the NHL. There's literally hundreds more skills and talents you need besides pumping driver to be on Tour.

I've been fit at TXG and their equipment is accurate. My club head speeds were pretty much spot on and all the numbers I was seeing were very much expected and reasonable. I do think Quad tends to inflate roll out due to lower spins and launches, but carry distances are accurate. Being indoors with closed conditions and perfect lies often results in a little more club head speed and increased confidence, resulting in more speed. But not so much though that you're producing unrealistic numbers.

I cannot put my finger on it, but something is not accurate about TXG’s numbers. If the player guy could swing that hard and accurate he should be on tour. I find myself doubting them.

TXG also mentioned in a recent video that when people come in for their own fittings, and when they do club reviews and such with Matt, they exclude outliers and really bad shots from the data sets that they show you.

If you watch some of the videos closely, they don't show every shot that Matt hits and sometimes the previous shot shape you see on the screen is really short and offline even (one that they excluded from the final dataset) even though the last shot they showed Matt hitting was a really solid one.

Seems like Peter Finch is working with the Golfholics guys more and more.

I think they have the best cameras and video production by far... I just have to get used to the royalty-free saxophone music and the overly-optimistic commentary on each others' shots

You lost me at saxophone and really lost me at positive. What is this a junior clinic? Lol jk

TXG also mentioned in a recent video that when people come in for their own fittings, and when they do club reviews and such with Matt, they exclude outliers and really bad shots from the data sets that they show you.

If you watch some of the videos closely, they don't show every shot that Matt hits and sometimes the previous shot shape you see on the screen is really short and offline even (one that they excluded from the final dataset) even though the last shot they showed Matt hitting was a really solid one.

I have learned a lot from TXG videos but my only criticism is that they seem to be influenced by the juiced numbers that Foresight spits out on low(ish) spin shots.

Ian says that he targets 2200-2300 spin in a driver fitting, leaning more towards 2200. That might be OK for people who miss almost exclusively thin and spin up on their miss. For people like me who miss high toe, 2200 spin on good shots is asking for a few quackers per round.

I like both Finch and Shiels on occasion and have not seen or heard of a beef.

The guy out of the big bloggers I don’t like watching now is Crossfield. His video quality has taken a huge dive. The only content dip/quality torpedo I saw happen quicker from a YouTube golfer was from Brendan Devore.

If Devore had just had those 9 hole matches,blogged about his journey to scratch and pumped out the odd videos with all those elite coaches he would have millions of subscribers.

I think they have the best cameras and video production by far... I just have to get used to the royalty-free saxophone music and the overly-optimistic commentary on each others' shots

Golfholics is really repetitive in what they say, all of their videos follow the same formula every time.

Part of it is me, I get really burned out on certain channels really fast. I wish there was some more variety in the youtube golf world, but it's like two subsets of 30s white guys - the British pros and the amateur Americans with drones.

Titleist TSR2 // Autoflex SF505

Titleist TSR2 16.5 // Vista Pro 60s

Ping G25 20, 23 // Tour AD True Spec

Titleist T200/T150 5-GW // Steelfiber i80PR

Titleist SM9 54.10, 58.12 // Steelfiber i80r

L.A.B. Golf DF3 // L.A.B. x TPT

Golfholics is really repetitive in what they say, all of their videos follow the same formula every time.

Part of it is me, I get really burned out on certain channels really fast. I wish there was some more variety in the youtube golf world, but it's like two subsets of 30s white guys - the British pros and the amateur Americans with drones.

Repetitively incorrect. Typical commentary on an approach shot:

“Coach has hit that perfectly! It’s going straight at the flag, with just a slight draw!”

(Ball hits left fringe, 30 feet from the flag)

“Oh, that’s perfect! Really safe shot there... That’s the smart play!”

Seriously, though, when I can’t play golf myself I can watch anyone playing golf. The fact that somebody is prepared to get off their butts and produce some decent content on some great golf courses is more than good enough for me. I can’t even imagine how repetitive I am on the golf course...

I'm a big fan of GOLF VLOGS UK by Liam as well , great fun with the golf mates :-) Any other followers of this channel ?

I often watch Liam's channel. OMP and The Dick are pretty funny. It's the type of golf I tend to play myself and it's on courses from my neck of the woods quite often. I've learnt a lot from The Dick's chipping skills

Repetitively incorrect. Typical commentary on an approach shot:

“Coach has hit that perfectly! It’s going straight at the flag, with just a slight draw!”

(Ball hits left fringe, 30 feet from the flag)

“Oh, that’s perfect! Really safe shot there... That’s the smart play!”

Seriously, though, when I can’t play golf myself I can watch anyone playing golf. The fact that somebody is prepared to get off their butts and produce some decent content on some great golf courses is more than good enough for me. I can’t even imagine how repetitive I am on the golf course...

They do it because 1. Some money in it 2. They can avoid a real job 3. Their family will bug them less is their profession is something the family does not understand (ol Petey is on the YouTube!). 4. Free Crap from companies, golf shoes, hats, balls ... 5. Respect from other friends with real jobs and jealously! 6. Get into some European tour events 7. Hoping one day YouTube will be considered Press, not yet! Lol.

8. Good at blabbering On incessantly

Wasn't there some nasty photos on the phone of one said person of the others girl?...and it went south from there? Just asking.

They're confirmed bachelors

Taylormade Stealth Plus Mitsu Kai'li White 70S
Taylormade SIM2 15  Tour AD DI 8S
Mizuno MP 20 3-PW ProjectX 6.0
Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
Cameron Newport 2 CT
Titleist ProV1x Left dash

Wasn't there some nasty photos on the phone of one said person of the others girl?...and it went south from there? Just asking.

Are we still talking about Shiels and Finch? I don't know anything about Finch, but Shiels is married with at least one kid. He posts pictures of them on Twitter.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5 deg.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 3L

Srixon ZX 3 hybrid

Ping S55 irons

Ping Glide 3.0 54 & 60 deg.

Odyssey White Hot Versa #1

Are we still talking about Shiels and Finch? I don't know anything about Finch, but Shiels is married with at least one kid. He posts pictures of them on Twitter.

Pete is engaged and yes, Rick has three kids.

Not referring to your post, but this already sketchy thread took kind of a stupid turn there for a minute. ;-)

ok i was thinking about the Me and My Golf guys

Taylormade Stealth Plus Mitsu Kai'li White 70S
Taylormade SIM2 15  Tour AD DI 8S
Mizuno MP 20 3-PW ProjectX 6.0
Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
Cameron Newport 2 CT
Titleist ProV1x Left dash

• 1 year later...

I think they have the best cameras and video production by far... I just have to get used to the royalty-free saxophone music and the overly-optimistic commentary on each others' shotsThe great looking girls with the awesome swings kinda help me get over their lukewarm commentary and the whole „Bro“ touch. I mean, look at those girls ?

WITB 2024

Dr Mizuno ST-Z

3W Cally Rogue ST Max

5W Mizuno ST-Z

4H New Level NLH-01

5/6i New Level 902 OS

7i-PW New Level 902 PD

GW/SW/LW  Mizuno S23

Putter Odyssey WhiteHot OG 2-Ball

Ball  Vice Pro/Snell MTB Prime