2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

2019 Masters Tournament hosted by ANGC (merged)

gatorpedsMD

> @gatorMD said:

> > @MilkyButterCuts said:

> > Can't get over how good the ANWA was. Highest ratings since 2016 US Womens Open too.

>

> was awesome. JK and Fassi are awesome players and hope they do well on the LPGA tour.

IIRC they both plan on turning pro in a few months? Guessing post spring; graduation?

Just because you don’t like the facts I present doesn’t mean they’re “wrong”. I sense some emotive bias emanating from you. I’m sending you some calming, loving vibes on Masters week :)

> @Lamb said:

> > @"Cool Runnings" said:

> > WANT TO WIN:

> > • Rickie

> > • Rose

> > • Tiger

> > • Rory

> >

> > JUST WON’T WIN

> > • Tiger

> > • Phil

> > • Spieth

> > • Reed

> >

> > I’m torn on Tiger as I’d love him to win, but realistically I think he has almost no chance of winning.

>

> Considering how you are always wrong I'm def backing the 4 you listed won win as potential winners especially Tiger.

> @"Darth Putter" said:

> > @Hawkeye77 said:

> > > @Maximilian said:

> > > We're here, we're here, Masters week is here!

> >

> > Yep, too bad we don't have a legit tournament thread about it now it's here.

>

> I thought GatorMD did a good job in his first post. He put up a lot of useful links.

>

> It certainly is a lot better than those that post a tournament thread and the entire first post is "Who ya got?"

LOL, I'm just grousing - tournament threads should start the week of the tournament! We've had some pretty good fights almost break out here over who was "in charge" of those, haha, and we've had some folks put up some really, really good tournament thread starters - miss those.

Just pickin' on GatorMD - I was pleasantly surprised there wasn't a lot of Tiger injected into it (at least until this Thursday and only if he's playing well, lol).

> @gatorMD said:

> Amanda looking beauitful as ever w/ Champ JKupcho. That's awesome she gets some crystal for her eagle.

when i saw her make it on saturday i said to my wife i hope she got some crystal for it. that was quite an eagle.

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / Tensei Pro White 100TX
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

SC Phantom 5.5 (2024) 35”

Jailbird AI Cruiser 40"

> @BNGL said:

> > @dlygrisse said:

> > > @Hawkeye77 said:

> > > > @dlygrisse said:

> > > > > @dalehead said:

> > > > > > @MilkyButterCuts said:

> > > > > > I was watching the 1986 masters episode last night. They keep saying, "this would be jacks 20th major title if he wins today". What are they referring to? Did the players used to count? US Amateur?

> > > > >

> > > > > Jack always considered the US Amateur a major since his and his Dad's hero was Bobby Jones. The rest of the golfing world at that time accepted it also. That's why MacGregor named a model of Nicklaus irons "Muirfield 20th" after his 1986 Masters win. In more recent times we have talked about "professional majors" like Jack's 18 or Tiger's 14.

> > > >

> > > > Not just Jack but most everyone did back then. All the golf magazines, writers, and journalists counted the US and British Am's. For whatever reason this fell out of favor about the time Tiger came along, even though he won 3 of them. So if you want to make that argument, Tiger is one closer to Jack than is commonly discussed.

> > > >

> > > > The US amatuer was a HIGHLY regarded tournament for many years, it was won by several career amateurs, including Jay Sigel, and several others. Money probably changed the game more than anything.

> > >

> > > This is the fact. The U.S. Amateur was very highly regarded. The shift to professional majors didn't happen until about the time Tiger came on the scene and I don't think it had anything to do with Tiger as such, but IMHO with maybe some lessening of its stature (not saying there should have been), but who knows. Anyway, it stopped being counted after Jack got to 20 and the focus became "professional majors". Wouldn't bother me in the least if it was still counted.

> > >

> > > Heck, maybe Gary Player had something to do with it, lol, he probably still had plans to win tons more majors after 50.

> >

> > I think it has to do with the fact that the US AM is now really nothing more than a bunch of college kids getting ready to turn pro and a few older guys that sell insurance that have no chance of winning. It's really no longer a major, you could make a case for it at one time, but I do believe that ship has sailed. I'd even be willing to give Tiger his.......quick, no Googling...who won it last year? Which one of the Molinari bros. won it? Who won the British Am last year?

> >

> > Times have changed, but players like Bobby Jones, Francis Ouimet, Arnie, Jack should be honored for winning it. Tiger winning 3 in a row was unbelievable. I can promise you that Jack took great pride in his two, as did Tiger for his 3.

> >

> > I remember the year end recap they used to do every year in Golf Digest, they used to list the all-time major winners, the Am was included, as well as John Ball's British Am's, quick how many did he win?

>

> Viktor Hovland at Pebble Beach.

> Francesco Molinari

> I’m not sure.

>

>

I am finally getting around to reading this thread.....Sorry BNGL it was Eduardo that won the US Am. I recall it was at Oakmont(?) and he made about 10 miles of putts.

Titleist TSR3 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TS3 3w 13.5° HZRDUS Black 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

> @"Cool Runnings" said:

> Good to see from Tiger, but I hope he’s splitting his time on the driving range too as he needs a lot of work on his driving if he’s going to compete.

>

> > @bscinstnct said:

> >

> >

>

>

Be sure to tell Molinari and Spieth the same about driving. Woods is better than both this season.

https://www.pgatour.com/stats/stat.02567.html

> @flushem said:

> Reluctantly going with Fowler this week.

it's not a bad pick man -- stick to it!

• Like 1

Jailbird AI Cruiser 40"

Molinari doesn’t need any reminding as he’s already won a big event this year, as for Spieth, he doesn’t need more practice, he needs a shrink ;)

> @Shilgy said:

> > Good to see from Tiger, but I hope he’s splitting his time on the driving range too as he needs a lot of work on his driving if he’s going to compete.

> >

> > > @bscinstnct said:

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

>

> Be sure to tell Molinari and Spieth the same about driving. Woods is better than both this season.

>

> https://www.pgatour.com/stats/stat.02567.html

> @"Cool Runnings" said:

> Molinari doesn’t need any reminding as he’s already won a big event this year, as for Spieth, he doesn’t need more practice, he needs a shrink ;)

>

> > @Shilgy said:

> > > @"Cool Runnings" said:

> > > Good to see from Tiger, but I hope he’s splitting his time on the driving range too as he needs a lot of work on his driving if he’s going to compete.

> > >

> > > > @bscinstnct said:

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Be sure to tell Molinari and Spieth the same about driving. Woods is better than both this season.

> >

> > https://www.pgatour.com/stats/stat.02567.html

>

>

Just a simple reply to your "fix driving" post on Woods. We all think Molinari is driving iot great but Woods is better strokes gained off the tee. Molinari doesn't need to worry about his driving because he won once this year? That's enough? I guess that is part of the reason the are who they are and we are on keyboards.

• Like 1

I don't know what the "Tiger needs to fix his driving" crowd are smoking but they either are smoking something good or haven't watched a tournament since the PGA Championship.

Since Tiger tweaked his loft and shaft for the playoffs last year he's driven it as accurately as he has since 2000.

He's 54th in accuracy. He was 54th in 2000 and never better since . With the exception of Mexico he's also hitting driver more often than he has in ages.

• Like 1

G430 LST 9 Matrix 50M4 R Black Tie

TSI2 3W 15 AV Raw Blue 65R

Epic Speed 7W 21 Smoke IM10 60 5.5

TSR2 5h 24 AV Raw Blue 75R

T350 6-48 AMT Red R300

RTX Full Face 54 60, Full Face 2 64 KBS Hi Rev 2 115

Odyssey White Hot OG 7 CH 34in SS Pistol 1.0

Bridgestone Tour BXS

> @Marco said:

> Tiger with a 65 in practice last week, not bad Brad.

>

>

Worst ball?

J/K every time these tigers shot this score in practice stuff bubbles up he seems to do horrible, I just want him to have a chance on Sunday and have it be exciting

• Like 1

Ping 425 Max Tour Shaft X 75g 

TSI 4 Wood (3 wood smoke shaft)

500U 3 Iron Smoke 80g
712U 4 Iron
714CB 5-6
718MB 7-PW 
Vokey SM9 50, 55, 60 
SC Newport 2.5

> @Shilgy said:

> > Good to see from Tiger, but I hope he’s splitting his time on the driving range too as he needs a lot of work on his driving if he’s going to compete.

> >

> > > @bscinstnct said:

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

>

> Be sure to tell Molinari and Spieth the same about driving. Woods is better than both this season.

>

> https://www.pgatour.com/stats/stat.02567.html

> @nosedive32 said:

> I don't know what the "Tiger needs to fix his driving" crowd are smoking but they either are smoking something good or haven't watched a tournament since the PGA Championship.

> Since Tiger tweaked his loft and shaft for the playoffs last year he's driven it as accurately as he has since 2000.

> He's 54th in accuracy. He was 54th in 2000 and never better since . With the exception of Mexico he's also hitting driver more often than he has in ages.

>

he's been aided by the wind on every drive, don't ya know? ... so those facts are misleading ...

> @tiderider said:

> > @Shilgy said:

> > > Good to see from Tiger, but I hope he’s splitting his time on the driving range too as he needs a lot of work on his driving if he’s going to compete.

> > >

> > > > @bscinstnct said:

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Be sure to tell Molinari and Spieth the same about driving. Woods is better than both this season.

> >

> > https://www.pgatour.com/stats/stat.02567.html

>

> > @nosedive32 said:

> > I don't know what the "Tiger needs to fix his driving" crowd are smoking but they either are smoking something good or haven't watched a tournament since the PGA Championship.

> > Since Tiger tweaked his loft and shaft for the playoffs last year he's driven it as accurately as he has since 2000.

> > He's 54th in accuracy. He was 54th in 2000 and never better since . With the exception of Mexico he's also hitting driver more often than he has in ages.

> >

>

> he's been aided by the wind on every drive, don't ya know? ... so those facts are misleading ...

Plus, if it wasn't for his fanboys in the gallery kicking his drives back into the fairway, his driving accuracy would be 12%.

Molinari’s seasonal Off the Tee stats this year don’t read too well, but Molinari at API ranked #1 Off the Tee, so he’s proved this year he’s got it in the bag when needed. Tiger’s Tee game I’m less confident in and he hasn’t been close to winning this year. The times when Tiger has hit it well, better hitters have hit it better and putted better. That’s his big challenge Off the Tee today when compared to some of these monsters out there now.

> @Shilgy said:

> > Molinari doesn’t need any reminding as he’s already won a big event this year, as for Spieth, he doesn’t need more practice, he needs a shrink ;)

> >

> > > @Shilgy said:

> > > > @"Cool Runnings" said:

> > > > Good to see from Tiger, but I hope he’s splitting his time on the driving range too as he needs a lot of work on his driving if he’s going to compete.

> > > >

> > > > > @bscinstnct said:

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Be sure to tell Molinari and Spieth the same about driving. Woods is better than both this season.

> > >

> > > https://www.pgatour.com/stats/stat.02567.html

> >

> >

>

> Just a simple reply to your "fix driving" post on Woods. We all think Molinari is driving iot great but Woods is better strokes gained off the tee. Molinari doesn't need to worry about his driving because he won once this year? That's enough? I guess that is part of the reason the are who they are and we are on keyboards.

> @"Cool Runnings" said:

> Molinari’s seasonal Off the Tee stats this year don’t read too well, but Molinari at API ranked #1 Off the Tee, so he’s proved this year he’s got it in the bag when needed. Tiger’s Tee game I’m less confident in and he hasn’t been close to winning this year. The times when Tiger has hit it well, better hitters have hit it better and putted better. That’s his big challenge Off the Tee today when compared to some of these monsters out there now.

>

> > @Shilgy said:

> > > Molinari doesn’t need any reminding as he’s already won a big event this year, as for Spieth, he doesn’t need more practice, he needs a shrink ;)

> > >

> > > > @Shilgy said:

> > > > > @"Cool Runnings" said:

> > > > > Good to see from Tiger, but I hope he’s splitting his time on the driving range too as he needs a lot of work on his driving if he’s going to compete.

> > > > >

> > > > > > @bscinstnct said:

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Be sure to tell Molinari and Spieth the same about driving. Woods is better than both this season.

> > > >

> > > > https://www.pgatour.com/stats/stat.02567.html

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Just a simple reply to your "fix driving" post on Woods. We all think Molinari is driving iot great but Woods is better strokes gained off the tee. Molinari doesn't need to worry about his driving because he won once this year? That's enough? I guess that is part of the reason the are who they are and we are on keyboards.

>

>

there's no way to 'win' with you with regards to tiger. there hasn't been a tournament on his schedule this season he was or has ever contented at except the Players and the Farmers -- and even then, he had a T20 at the farmers, and T30 at the players. he's 54th in driving accuracy and only 44th in distance -- yet he's 4th...yes, FOURTH in greens in reg. IMO his driving isn't the issue...it's the putter. he did just have a T5 at the match play as well -- only to be let down by said putter against Bjerregard

keep in mind i said IMO, there's no need to cite pages of anecdote saying i'm wrong.

• Like 1

Jailbird AI Cruiser 40"