Koepka defends title; shows charisma with fist pump; glfwrx goes wild

tiderider

Man I’m watching the replay of the TNT coverage right now and damn I don’t remember Spieth ever being so fidgety over the ball throughout the entire bag. Gives me anxiety I just watching it

PING G430 LST 10.5° | DIAMANA GT 60X

COBRA DARKSPEED X 3HF 16.5° | HZRDUS BLACK 70X

PING G425 7W 20.5° | DIAMANA GT 70X

SRIXON ZX5 5-6 | MMT TAPER 105TX

SRIXON ZX7 7-PW | MMT TAPER 105TX

PING GLIDE 4.0 50°/54°/58° | MMT WEDGE 125TX

ODYSSEY TRI-HOT 5K SEVEN DB

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND 

> @Krt22 said:

> > @dalehead said:

> > > @King_Slender said:

> > > > @RobotDoctor said:

> > > > > @b81smith said:

> > > > > Presented by Omega! I'm never ever ever getting a god **** watch of theirs if I can ever afford a watch costing thousands it won't be them, because you can expect it to quit at the absolute worst times! hahaha.

> > > >

> > > > Get a Rolex. All they do is put clocks on courses. :D

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Side note- Rolex is one company that I have no idea how they make enough money to do the advertising they do. Yes, they have massive markups, but how many $10-50K watches can you sell in a year ?

> >

> > You're kidding, right?

> >

>

> lol..one of those "If you have to ask" scenarios.

Rolex sells so many watches they have an entire marketing campaign where they don’t actually show the watches they are selling.

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

> @ebrasmus21 said:

> > @Krt22 said:

> > > @dalehead said:

> > > > @King_Slender said:

> > > > > @RobotDoctor said:

> > > > > > @b81smith said:

> > > > > > Presented by Omega! I'm never ever ever getting a god **** watch of theirs if I can ever afford a watch costing thousands it won't be them, because you can expect it to quit at the absolute worst times! hahaha.

> > > > >

> > > > > Get a Rolex. All they do is put clocks on courses. :D

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Side note- Rolex is one company that I have no idea how they make enough money to do the advertising they do. Yes, they have massive markups, but how many $10-50K watches can you sell in a year ?

> > >

> > > You're kidding, right?

> > >

> >

> > lol..one of those "If you have to ask" scenarios.

>

> Rolex sells so many watches they have an entire marketing campaign where they don’t actually show the watches they are selling.

And those 15k watches sell out immediately to preferential buyers/flippers and turn into 25k watches on the secondary market.

> @third-times-a-charm said:

> Koepka in the lead...where's brandell with his smart mouth comments, now?

whoa ! easy there jr. Rambo. There's still 54 holes to play, three days, 18 + hours to go. let's see how this plays out.

• Like 1

Srixon ZX5  TT dynamic gold 95  PING G425 FST 43.25"  Tour Edge 721 Tensei blue 65  Mizuno T22 56* 60*  Bobby Grace AMG 6313 35"

> @Krt22 said:

> > @ebrasmus21 said:

> > > @Krt22 said:

> > > > @dalehead said:

> > > > > @King_Slender said:

> > > > > > @RobotDoctor said:

> > > > > > > @b81smith said:

> > > > > > > Presented by Omega! I'm never ever ever getting a god **** watch of theirs if I can ever afford a watch costing thousands it won't be them, because you can expect it to quit at the absolute worst times! hahaha.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Get a Rolex. All they do is put clocks on courses. :D

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Side note- Rolex is one company that I have no idea how they make enough money to do the advertising they do. Yes, they have massive markups, but how many $10-50K watches can you sell in a year ?

> > > >

> > > > You're kidding, right?

> > > >

> > >

> > > lol..one of those "If you have to ask" scenarios.

> >

> > Rolex sells so many watches they have an entire marketing campaign where they don’t actually show the watches they are selling.

>

> And those 15k watches sell out immediately to preferential buyers/flippers and turn into 25k watches on the secondary market.

The Rolex world is crazy. Speaking of Rolex I’m watching basketball right now and Mr Curry looks like he’s wearing a GMT. Hope he didn’t have to pay the prices of the secondary market!

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

> @AG12 said:

> Man I’m watching the replay of the TNT coverage right now and **** I don’t remember Spieth ever being so fidgety over the ball throughout the entire bag. Gives me anxiety I just watching it

He has always been like that from what I remember. It's just more noticeable now that he's not holing everything inside 30 feet.

> @ebrasmus21 said:

> > @Krt22 said:

> > > @ebrasmus21 said:

> > > > @Krt22 said:

> > > > > @dalehead said:

> > > > > > @King_Slender said:

> > > > > > > @RobotDoctor said:

> > > > > > > > @b81smith said:

> > > > > > > > Presented by Omega! I'm never ever ever getting a god **** watch of theirs if I can ever afford a watch costing thousands it won't be them, because you can expect it to quit at the absolute worst times! hahaha.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Get a Rolex. All they do is put clocks on courses. :D

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Side note- Rolex is one company that I have no idea how they make enough money to do the advertising they do. Yes, they have massive markups, but how many $10-50K watches can you sell in a year ?

> > > > >

> > > > > You're kidding, right?

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > lol..one of those "If you have to ask" scenarios.

> > >

> > > Rolex sells so many watches they have an entire marketing campaign where they don’t actually show the watches they are selling.

> >

> > And those 15k watches sell out immediately to preferential buyers/flippers and turn into 25k watches on the secondary market.

>

> The Rolex world is crazy. Speaking of Rolex I’m watching basketball right now and Mr Curry looks like he’s wearing a GMT. Hope he didn’t have to pay the prices of the secondary market!

I bet he "has a guy" lol.

Rolex is too $$ for my blood, but yes, very interesting world.

> @redfirebird08 said:

> > @AG12 said:

> > Man I’m watching the replay of the TNT coverage right now and **** I don’t remember Spieth ever being so fidgety over the ball throughout the entire bag. Gives me anxiety I just watching it

>

> He has always been like that from what I remember. It's just more noticeable now that he's not holing everything inside 30 feet.

Exactly. He had one of the short game/putting streaks of all time. It was incredible, and he rode it to 2 of his 3 majors. The problem is that putting is by far the least consistent statistic, and around-the-green is similarly noisy. Once he stopped being dominant in those areas, he has been left with a suspect off the tee game and a pedestrian approaching the green game. His mental game also went from maybe best on tour to really, really bad. I would bet against his ever winning another major. Realistically, I think he's about the 25th-30th best golfer, and, while he could catch lightning in a bottle and win another major (probably at Augusta), he's never going to be one of the best 10 golfers at a major again.

TM 2016 M2, Graphite Design Tour AD DI

Callaway Rogue 3w, 15º, Fujikura Motore Speeder

Yonex EZone XPG 3h, 18.25º, Fujikura Motore Speeder

Srixon U65 4di, 23º, Aerotech Steelfibre i95

Mizuno MP-59, 5i-PW, Nippon NS PRO 950GH WF

Cleveland RTX Zipcore, 50º,54º,58º, Nippon NS PRO 950GH WF 

Ping B60 Scottsdale TR, Nippon NS PRO Putter

Volvik S4

> @irvnasty said:

> > @redfirebird08 said:

> > > @AG12 said:

> > > Man I’m watching the replay of the TNT coverage right now and **** I don’t remember Spieth ever being so fidgety over the ball throughout the entire bag. Gives me anxiety I just watching it

> >

> > He has always been like that from what I remember. It's just more noticeable now that he's not holing everything inside 30 feet.

>

> Exactly. He had one of the short game/putting streaks of all time. It was incredible, and he rode it to 2 of his 3 majors. The problem is that putting is by far the least consistent statistic, and around-the-green is similarly noisy. Once he stopped being dominant in those areas, he has been left with a suspect off the tee game and a pedestrian approaching the green game. His mental game also went from maybe best on tour to really, really bad. I would bet against his ever winning another major. Realistically, I think he's about the 25th-30th best golfer, and, while he could catch lightning in a bottle and win another major (probably at Augusta), he's never going to be one of the best 10 golfers at a major again.

I think you’re right. You kind of dismiss it subconsciously when he’s rolling. But now that he isn’t it’s definitely noticeable

PING G430 LST 10.5° | DIAMANA GT 60X

COBRA DARKSPEED X 3HF 16.5° | HZRDUS BLACK 70X

PING G425 7W 20.5° | DIAMANA GT 70X

SRIXON ZX5 5-6 | MMT TAPER 105TX

SRIXON ZX7 7-PW | MMT TAPER 105TX

PING GLIDE 4.0 50°/54°/58° | MMT WEDGE 125TX

ODYSSEY TRI-HOT 5K SEVEN DB

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND 

> @irvnasty said:

> > @redfirebird08 said:

> > > @AG12 said:

> > > Man I’m watching the replay of the TNT coverage right now and **** I don’t remember Spieth ever being so fidgety over the ball throughout the entire bag. Gives me anxiety I just watching it

> >

> > He has always been like that from what I remember. It's just more noticeable now that he's not holing everything inside 30 feet.

>

> Exactly. He had one of the short game/putting streaks of all time. It was incredible, and he rode it to 2 of his 3 majors. The problem is that putting is by far the least consistent statistic, and around-the-green is similarly noisy. Once he stopped being dominant in those areas, he has been left with a suspect off the tee game and a pedestrian approaching the green game. His mental game also went from maybe best on tour to really, really bad. I would bet against his ever winning another major. Realistically, I think he's about the 25th-30th best golfer, and, while he could catch lightning in a bottle and win another major (probably at Augusta), he's never going to be one of the best 10 golfers at a major again.

I still think Spieth is a really good iron player. I do agree that his mental game seems to have slipped, which is strange. Normally you would not expect a 25 year old with more experience to have worse course management and so forth compared to his 22 year old self.

Now as far as the future, Spieth still has a ton of time on his side and I think he can get himself back into a better groove pretty soon. Heck, this week could be a nice part of that process for him. Good round on Thursday, so let's see if he can put 4 good rounds together.

> @"Darth Putter" said:

> > @third-times-a-charm said:

> > Koepka in the lead...where's brandell with his smart mouth comments, now?

>

> https://www.golfchannel.com/news/brandel-chamblee-brooks-koepkas-opening-63-2019-pga-championship-felt-he-was-giving-me-finger

Can we somehow invite Brandel onto this site? He’d like mixing it up in the trenches.

Kind of like a reddit AMA

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

> @buckeyefl said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > No much fireworks in the afternoon. Is this course hard? I am sooo confused after watching Koepka and now this next group.

> >

> > The greens are easy compared to say Bermuda with some actual slope. These greens have big slopes. But then a bunch of either bowls or flat spots. No grain plus flat equals make putts. People who don’t play Bermuda , ever, will never get how much easier bent, or really good poa is. With a guy who plays Bermuda all the time , when you go to greens like these you have to train yourself to play less break and aim at the hole. They just don’t wander offline.

>

> These greens are pretty tame compared to some on similar courses from the time period. As someone who started playing on bent and then went South I don't 100% agree with your take on things. ( Of course that's probably because you are forced to tolerate Devil's Grass)

>

> Go play a classic course with very sloping bent grass greens ( we have a ton of them both because of the age and terrain) and tell me the Mr. Bermuda plays less break. I found that comment particularly odd as I'm a solid putter and when I go south I cut my visual break in half because the greens are slower (generally) and flatter than what I am used to. Grain is becoming less and less relevant as courses switch to the new generation of Bermuda but if you are talking about common Bermuda then you have to do some different calculations.

>

> As an example, when green speeds are up on bent and I have an uphill putt it will just barely fall in the hole. Downhill you just breathe on it and you are a slave to any imperfectionsbin the green. Think about aiming 90 degrees from the hole or even away from it and letting gravity do the work after making a good read. Cut that break in half and you'll have a lot of chipping practice.

>

> On Bermuda I try to make dent in the back of the cup on up hill and downhill isn't nearly as scary. I had to adjust after overseeding every year. The only thing I've experienced close to what we can get here in summer is a completely dormant Bermuda greens with very thin growth.

>

> They've been saying all week how flat these greens are and with the perfect tour conditions, putts should drop. It's the same as most weeks on tour and slope becomes the biggest factor as contrary to the BS the announcers spread, the Bermuda greens on tour are NOT even remotely grainy and frankly basically don't have any worth mentioning. Ill take them every day iof the week over POA in the afternoon. The one CC I worked at had modern Bermuda and lots of tour players as members so the greens we're well maintained and it was like being back on bent only better! Putts fell like crazy even though the greens had slope.

>

> Now my experience is mostly in Fl and as I said it's hilly where I play here so YMMV. Now if we are talking about rough, well there's no comparison. My BIL looked at me one day up here when I pulled a 5 iron to hit a ball in the thick wet rough. "What are you doing?" I said "trust me, after years of Bermuda rough this isn't ****."

>

> I honestly think that is what really hurts us Yankees because playing around the green is just a different animal down south. If you combine it with common Bermuda greens and no experience it can make for a miserable day.

>

> There's a reason that the best putters in the world come from bent grass backgrounds. Its a scientific fact!!! ;)

I don’t disagree mostly. And yes. I’m talking old school common Bermuda. You’ll find it a lot still on older southern courses. I live in the foothills of the Appalachians. So there isn’t a flat green anywhere around me. I detest straight putts. I just don’t see straight. It’s so rare over 4 feet around here.

A couple courses around have converted to the newer hybrid strains of Bermuda. And they are nice when they are thin for sure. Pure as can be.

As for the best putters coming off of bent. Sure. It has to be from the confidence they have from making all those putts ! The Bermuda I’m used to will kill that quickly. We still have a couple bent courses around. Anytime I play them I simply make a lot more putts.

Point. It just depends. But I’m talking Augusta national vs this week in slope. Then add real grain. Lol. On my home course every person there knows to check the cup for grain direction before putting. At least you’ll know what it will do at the hole. You may not know the first 5 feet. Lol.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @"Darth Putter" said:

> > @third-times-a-charm said:

> > Koepka in the lead...where's brandell with his smart mouth comments, now?

>

> https://www.golfchannel.com/news/brandel-chamblee-brooks-koepkas-opening-63-2019-pga-championship-felt-he-was-giving-me-finger

Brandel says that Brooks never won from a 1st round lead. Averages 72 for the second round.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @irvnasty said:

> > @redfirebird08 said:

> > > @AG12 said:

> >

>

Lol. Never going to top 10 a major again ? Wow

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @"i*windows" said:

> take out the top two, and then the field is wide open. If BK goes low again today then its all over.

I tend to agree, anything under par and he'll be likely be in a super strong position going into the weekend. I think he could be at minimum 3 in front.

[size=2]Titleist 910D3 8.5°
TaylorMade M3 15°
Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Chrome 54° S Grind & 58° C Grind
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2
Titleist Pro V 1x[/size]

> @OldTomMorris said:

> > @gioguy21 said:

> > the stat that is up on the PGA.com leaderboard under brooks is laughable...9.7 strokes gained total. lol

>

> I was about to post about that too.

> I imagine it will increase as the day progresses, will be curious to see.

Strokes gained 10.0

vtkd3kmih7d3.png

TaylorMade M3 15°
Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
Titleist Pro V 1x[/size]

> @flushem said:

> Wonder the odd of Daly's cart gets a flat tire

Interesting development on the cart.

" ...especially at a venue like this where it’s so long and it’s so hard?

Daly said it’s the same reason why he’s already **applied for a cart for this year’s Open Championship**." - golfchannel.com

TaylorMade M3 15°
Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
Titleist Pro V 1x[/size]

> @BMC said:

> I don't get some of the negative comments about Koepka? He is every bit as exciting to watch as Tiger. Plays and acts like a Boss.

BK's 63, especially starting on the back and early, was probably his most impressive round to-date. Impressive as hell.

But yeah, 'Tour Talk' posts are generally not so much about golf as they are about the golfer and the feelings they inspire.

Oh, and expensive watches.

Anyone point me in the right direction as to where I can find proximity to the hole stats for round 1 PGA? Can't find them on PGA.com or PGATour.com

TaylorMade M3 15°
Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
Titleist Pro V 1x[/size]

Koepka has a warped mind where he can use any bit of media criticism or snubbing and turn it into some of the best and most focused golf on Tour. He's the only player with the 'chip on the shoulder' mentality that often works in other sports. McIlroy doesn't have it anymore, Johnson doesn't really feel enough about anything I don't think. It does make a difference, if you look at Rickie Fowler, everybody likes him but the week that he got the worst criticism- the week before the Players Championship when he was called overrated- he produced the best golf he has ever played.

I'm just sad that Tiger isn't going to win it. Hard to see him shoot over par while the leaders are very much under it. Even if he shoots 12 under combined next three rounds he's only 10 under, and Brooks will probably beat that in two rounds. Brooks gaining 10 strokes on the field lol. I'm also thinking maybe the lawsuit affected Tiger a tiny bit. His putting was just off too. The greens are fairly benign for pro standards and he just couldn't sink them.

Callaway Paradym TD 10* Ventus Red TR 5S

Titleist TSR3 13.5* 3 Wood Tour AD-IZ 6S

Titleist TSR3 19* hybrid Modus GOST S

Titleist TSR2 24* hybrid Modus GOST S

Callaway Paradym Hybrid 27* Ventus non Velocore S

Titleist T100 2023 6-PW KBS Tour V S

Titleist SM8 50, 56, 60

Scotty Cameron X7.5 CS

> @Golfjack said:

> I'm just sad that Tiger isn't going to win it. Hard to see him shoot over par while the leaders are very much under it. Even if he shoots 12 under combined next three rounds he's only 10 under, and Brooks will probably beat that in two rounds. Brooks gaining 10 strokes on the field lol. I'm also thinking maybe the lawsuit affected Tiger a tiny bit. His putting was just off too. The greens are fairly benign for pro standards and he just couldn't sink them.

Eh. I predict some trains in reverse or neutral today. And then some different trains throwing coal to the fire. I mean pat perez is lurking at -2. And I’ll say tiger shoots 66 today to get back in it.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> > @Golfjack said:

> > I'm just sad that Tiger isn't going to win it. Hard to see him shoot over par while the leaders are very much under it. Even if he shoots 12 under combined next three rounds he's only 10 under, and Brooks will probably beat that in two rounds. Brooks gaining 10 strokes on the field lol. I'm also thinking maybe the lawsuit affected Tiger a tiny bit. His putting was just off too. The greens are fairly benign for pro standards and he just couldn't sink them.

>

> Eh. I predict some trains in reverse or neutral today. And then some different trains throwing coal to the fire. I mean pat perez is lurking at -2. And I’ll say tiger shoots 66 today to get back in it.

I was thinking the same thing., but I was thinking 65. Pretty sure he has a bit of the red *** going today after yesterday's poor outing.

Watched TW rd1 shot for shot coverage video just now

Upon 2nd reflection of his performance. Bethpage is a beast of a course, and he was a good bit off on some crucial shots. 72 with some fireworks isn't all that bad. A lot of guys cant break par at this place, its clear on a good day he can. Im glad he still has that ability.

Anything below 70 would be appreciated today! Excited for more guys to get into the mix and give Srgt Brooks some competition