Koepka defends title; shows charisma with fist pump; glfwrx goes wild

tiderider

> @"FIRs&GIRs&3-Putts" said:

> > @Cwebb said:

> > I want to see a list of guys currently on the PGA Tour, who some here would find "really entertaining", if they were doing what Koepka has done for the last two years. It must be a really short list

>

> Why would it be a short list?

>

> Most find Koepka's game to be comparatively uninteresting because he doesn't have the short game magic of other guys or the miraculous powers of recovery or the emotions of other guys. Koepka hits fairways and greens and doesn't blink an eye -- that's impressive but not overly entertaining to me at least. There aren't many guys on tour who don't at least have one of those things (magic short game, recovery skills, emotions) but Brooks (and DJ) is one of them.

>

> If Brooks finds golf boring why should we find his game entertaining?

yikes...

> > @Cwebb said:

> > > @"FIRs&GIRs&3-Putts" said:

> > > > @Cwebb said:

> > > > I want to see a list of guys currently on the PGA Tour, who some here would find "really entertaining", if they were doing what Koepka has done for the last two years. It must be a really short list

> > >

> > > Why would it be a short list?

> > >

> > > Most find Koepka's game to be comparatively uninteresting because he doesn't have the short game magic of other guys or the miraculous powers of recovery or the emotions of other guys. Koepka hits fairways and greens and doesn't blink an eye -- that's impressive but not overly entertaining to me at least. There aren't many guys on tour who don't at least have one of those things (magic short game, recovery skills, emotions) but Brooks (and DJ) is one of them.

> > >

> > > If Brooks finds golf boring why should we find his game entertaining?

> >

> > I'm interested in your list

>

> OWGR

>

> 1. Dustin Johnson - for me, pretty much the same as Brooks. NO.

> 2. Justin Rose - not his biggest fan but he has a beautiful swing and acts as though he cares. YES.

> 3. Brooks Koepka - already explained. NO.

> 4. Rory McIlroy - not his biggest fan but the kid loves to win, great swing. YES.

> 5. Justin Thomas - wears his heart on his sleeve and goes for broke. YES.

> 6. Tiger Woods - do I need to explain? YES.

> 7. Francesco Molinari - meh. NO.

> 8. Bryson DeChambaeu - everything about this guy (minus pace of play) is entertaining. YES.

> 9. Xander Schauffle - gets it done through grit and determination, out of position a lot but fights and shows he cares. YES.

> 10. Rickie Fowler - never been huge on Rickie but he loves the game and has those special shots when he needs them. YES>

> 11. Jon Rahm - definitely wears his heart on his sleeve. YES.

> 12. Paul Casey - nothing particularly exciting about his game but he shows he cares. YES.

> 13. Matt Kuchar - ditto. YES.

> 14. Jason Day - has that amazing short game when he's at his best and shows he cares. YES.

> 15. Tony Finau - shows he cares. YES.

>

> I could go on but I think you can get the jist of why I like a lot of other guys more than Brooks.

>

> You don't have to care whether someone shows their emotions but it's one of the things I find exciting. It's not an anti-Koepka conspiracy it's just that many of us can't wrap our heads around how you couldn't understand why some people might not be overly fond of someone who finds golf boring. I can understand why people like Brooks but I can't understand how people can't understand why others don't like him. My favourite golfers are Tiger, Spieth and DeChambeau and I can assure you that I understand why many don't like them.

>

> None of this detracts from the incredible performance he is putting on.

When did Brooks say he found golf boring?

> @lowheel said:

> > @"FIRs&GIRs&3-Putts" said:

> > > @Cwebb said:

> > > I want to see a list of guys currently on the PGA Tour, who some here would find "really entertaining", if they were doing what Koepka has done for the last two years. It must be a really short list

> >

> > Why would it be a short list?

> >

> > Most find Koepka's game to be comparatively uninteresting because he doesn't have the short game magic of other guys or the miraculous powers of recovery or the emotions of other guys. Koepka hits fairways and greens and doesn't blink an eye -- that's impressive but not overly entertaining to me at least. There aren't many guys on tour who don't at least have one of those things (magic short game, recovery skills, emotions) but Brooks (and DJ) is one of them.

> >

> > If Brooks finds golf boring why should we find his game entertaining?

>

> yikes...

Why "yikes"? Brooks is an incredible golfer but his game isn't something I find to be overly exciting. I understand why people like his game but it isn't for me and I'm trying to explain why.

i am from NY and the long island crowd is just idiotic. if i hear "get in the hole" one more time, i may vomit. > @PuttCurseRepeat said:

> > @Roadking2003 said:

> > Am I the only one watching on mute so as to not have to listen to the NY idiot fans?

> You're doing it the right way. They are so obnoxious that it almost seems like CBS is piping in additional idiot sounds to the broadcast.

>

> Watching Adam Scott putt reminds me that these guys aren't out there playing for fun. It's work.

>

> > @Cwebb said:

> > > > @Cwebb said:

> > > > I want to see a list of guys currently on the PGA Tour, who some here would find "really entertaining", if they were doing what Koepka has done for the last two years. It must be a really short list

> > >

> > >

> > > Most find Koepka's game to be comparatively uninteresting because he doesn't have the short game magic of other guys or the miraculous powers of recovery or the emotions of other guys. Koepka hits fairways and greens and doesn't blink an eye -- that's impressive but not overly entertaining to me at least. There aren't many guys on tour who don't at least have one of those things (magic short game, recovery skills, emotions) but Brooks (and DJ) is one of them.

> > >

> >

> > I'm interested in your list

>

> OWGR

>

> 1. Dustin Johnson - for me, pretty much the same as Brooks. NO.

> 2. Justin Rose - not his biggest fan but he has a beautiful swing and acts as though he cares. YES.

> 3. Brooks Koepka - already explained. NO.

> 4. Rory McIlroy - not his biggest fan but the kid loves to win, great swing. YES.

> 5. Justin Thomas - wears his heart on his sleeve and goes for broke. YES.

> 6. Tiger Woods - do I need to explain? YES.

> 7. Francesco Molinari - meh. NO.

> 8. Bryson DeChambaeu - everything about this guy (minus pace of play) is entertaining. YES.

> 9. Xander Schauffle - gets it done through grit and determination, out of position a lot but fights and shows he cares. YES.

> 10. Rickie Fowler - never been huge on Rickie but he loves the game and has those special shots when he needs them. YES>

> 11. Jon Rahm - definitely wears his heart on his sleeve. YES.

> 12. Paul Casey - nothing particularly exciting about his game but he shows he cares. YES.

> 13. Matt Kuchar - ditto. YES.

> 14. Jason Day - has that amazing short game when he's at his best and shows he cares. YES.

> 15. Tony Finau - shows he cares. YES.

>

> I could go on but I think you can get the jist of why I like a lot of other guys more than Brooks.

>

> You don't have to care whether someone shows their emotions but it's one of the things I find exciting. It's not an anti-Koepka conspiracy it's just that many of us can't wrap our heads around how you couldn't understand why some people might not be overly fond of someone who finds golf boring. I can understand why people like Brooks but I can't understand how people can't understand why others don't like him. My favourite golfers are Tiger, Spieth and DeChambeau and I can assure you that I understand why many don't like them.

>

> None of this detracts from the incredible performance he is putting on.

So you basically like anyone that "shows he cares"?

• Like 1

Nike Tour Premiere
Nike TW13
Jordan Flight Runner
Ecco Biom Hybrid
Nike TW14 Masters 
Nike React Vapor 2
Nike AM97

Sim Max driver
M6 3, 5 woods
Vokey SM7 wedges
Scotty Fastback T22

> @buckeye440 said:

> > @"North Texas" said:

> > > @buckeye440 said:

> > > Glad I got to see Rickie hit 3 shots today. He is tied for 13th.

> >

> > Jordan is T6, just went birdie-birdie, and we didn't see either one.

>

> But we have see quite a few of his shots. Just showed another.

>

> Edit: And another.

They showed quite a few earlier and when he went to +3 we didn't see hardly any live. Now after a couple of birdies they started showing him again.

> @DatSliceDoe said:

> > > @Cwebb said:

> > > > @"FIRs&GIRs&3-Putts" said:

> > > > > @Cwebb said:

> > > > > I want to see a list of guys currently on the PGA Tour, who some here would find "really entertaining", if they were doing what Koepka has done for the last two years. It must be a really short list

> > > >

> > > > Why would it be a short list?

> > > >

> > > > Most find Koepka's game to be comparatively uninteresting because he doesn't have the short game magic of other guys or the miraculous powers of recovery or the emotions of other guys. Koepka hits fairways and greens and doesn't blink an eye -- that's impressive but not overly entertaining to me at least. There aren't many guys on tour who don't at least have one of those things (magic short game, recovery skills, emotions) but Brooks (and DJ) is one of them.

> > > >

> > > > If Brooks finds golf boring why should we find his game entertaining?

> > >

> > > I'm interested in your list

> >

> > OWGR

> >

> > 1. Dustin Johnson - for me, pretty much the same as Brooks. NO.

> > 2. Justin Rose - not his biggest fan but he has a beautiful swing and acts as though he cares. YES.

> > 3. Brooks Koepka - already explained. NO.

> > 4. Rory McIlroy - not his biggest fan but the kid loves to win, great swing. YES.

> > 5. Justin Thomas - wears his heart on his sleeve and goes for broke. YES.

> > 6. Tiger Woods - do I need to explain? YES.

> > 7. Francesco Molinari - meh. NO.

> > 8. Bryson DeChambaeu - everything about this guy (minus pace of play) is entertaining. YES.

> > 9. Xander Schauffle - gets it done through grit and determination, out of position a lot but fights and shows he cares. YES.

> > 10. Rickie Fowler - never been huge on Rickie but he loves the game and has those special shots when he needs them. YES>

> > 11. Jon Rahm - definitely wears his heart on his sleeve. YES.

> > 12. Paul Casey - nothing particularly exciting about his game but he shows he cares. YES.

> > 13. Matt Kuchar - ditto. YES.

> > 14. Jason Day - has that amazing short game when he's at his best and shows he cares. YES.

> > 15. Tony Finau - shows he cares. YES.

> >

> > I could go on but I think you can get the jist of why I like a lot of other guys more than Brooks.

> >

> > You don't have to care whether someone shows their emotions but it's one of the things I find exciting. It's not an anti-Koepka conspiracy it's just that many of us can't wrap our heads around how you couldn't understand why some people might not be overly fond of someone who finds golf boring. I can understand why people like Brooks but I can't understand how people can't understand why others don't like him. My favourite golfers are Tiger, Spieth and DeChambeau and I can assure you that I understand why many don't like them.

> >

> > None of this detracts from the incredible performance he is putting on.

>

> When did Brooks say he found golf boring?

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/he-just-won-the-us-open-but-brooks-koepka-would-rather-be-playing-baseball

"Golf is kind of boring, not much action. I come from a baseball family, and it’s in my blood"

That's absolutely fine but I just have difficulty warming to it. He's still a beast.

> @fredstar said:

> > > @Cwebb said:

> > > > > @Cwebb said:

> > > > > I want to see a list of guys currently on the PGA Tour, who some here would find "really entertaining", if they were doing what Koepka has done for the last two years. It must be a really short list

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Most find Koepka's game to be comparatively uninteresting because he doesn't have the short game magic of other guys or the miraculous powers of recovery or the emotions of other guys. Koepka hits fairways and greens and doesn't blink an eye -- that's impressive but not overly entertaining to me at least. There aren't many guys on tour who don't at least have one of those things (magic short game, recovery skills, emotions) but Brooks (and DJ) is one of them.

> > > >

> > >

> >

> > OWGR

> >

> > 2. Justin Rose - not his biggest fan but he has a beautiful swing and acts as though he cares. YES.

> > 4. Rory McIlroy - not his biggest fan but the kid loves to win, great swing. YES.

> > 8. Bryson DeChambaeu - everything about this guy (minus pace of play) is entertaining. YES.

> > 9. Xander Schauffle - gets it done through grit and determination, out of position a lot but fights and shows he cares. YES.

> > 10. Rickie Fowler - never been huge on Rickie but he loves the game and has those special shots when he needs them. YES>

> > 12. Paul Casey - nothing particularly exciting about his game but he shows he cares. YES.

> > 14. Jason Day - has that amazing short game when he's at his best and shows he cares. YES.

> >

> > I could go on but I think you can get the jist of why I like a lot of other guys more than Brooks.

> >

> > You don't have to care whether someone shows their emotions but it's one of the things I find exciting. It's not an anti-Koepka conspiracy it's just that many of us can't wrap our heads around how you couldn't understand why some people might not be overly fond of someone who finds golf boring. I can understand why people like Brooks but I can't understand how people can't understand why others don't like him. My favourite golfers are Tiger, Spieth and DeChambeau and I can assure you that I understand why many don't like them.

> >

>

> So you basically like anyone that "shows he cares"?

Yes, and it's fine if you don't, I'm just trying to explain why I (and some others) prefer other guys to Brooks.

> @tsecor said:

> this may be one of the worst majors in history as far as excitement is concerned

Koepka walking away with it and goons shouting out every moment that a player is not swinging...yeah, it's not been a great watch.

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

> > @DatSliceDoe said:

> > > > @Cwebb said:

> > > > > @"FIRs&GIRs&3-Putts" said:

> > > > > > @Cwebb said:

> > > > > > I want to see a list of guys currently on the PGA Tour, who some here would find "really entertaining", if they were doing what Koepka has done for the last two years. It must be a really short list

> > > > >

> > > > > Why would it be a short list?

> > > > >

> > > > > Most find Koepka's game to be comparatively uninteresting because he doesn't have the short game magic of other guys or the miraculous powers of recovery or the emotions of other guys. Koepka hits fairways and greens and doesn't blink an eye -- that's impressive but not overly entertaining to me at least. There aren't many guys on tour who don't at least have one of those things (magic short game, recovery skills, emotions) but Brooks (and DJ) is one of them.

> > > > >

> > > > > If Brooks finds golf boring why should we find his game entertaining?

> > > >

> > > > I'm interested in your list

> > >

> > > OWGR

> > >

> > > 1. Dustin Johnson - for me, pretty much the same as Brooks. NO.

> > > 2. Justin Rose - not his biggest fan but he has a beautiful swing and acts as though he cares. YES.

> > > 3. Brooks Koepka - already explained. NO.

> > > 4. Rory McIlroy - not his biggest fan but the kid loves to win, great swing. YES.

> > > 5. Justin Thomas - wears his heart on his sleeve and goes for broke. YES.

> > > 6. Tiger Woods - do I need to explain? YES.

> > > 7. Francesco Molinari - meh. NO.

> > > 8. Bryson DeChambaeu - everything about this guy (minus pace of play) is entertaining. YES.

> > > 9. Xander Schauffle - gets it done through grit and determination, out of position a lot but fights and shows he cares. YES.

> > > 10. Rickie Fowler - never been huge on Rickie but he loves the game and has those special shots when he needs them. YES>

> > > 11. Jon Rahm - definitely wears his heart on his sleeve. YES.

> > > 12. Paul Casey - nothing particularly exciting about his game but he shows he cares. YES.

> > > 13. Matt Kuchar - ditto. YES.

> > > 14. Jason Day - has that amazing short game when he's at his best and shows he cares. YES.

> > > 15. Tony Finau - shows he cares. YES.

> > >

> > > I could go on but I think you can get the jist of why I like a lot of other guys more than Brooks.

> > >

> > > You don't have to care whether someone shows their emotions but it's one of the things I find exciting. It's not an anti-Koepka conspiracy it's just that many of us can't wrap our heads around how you couldn't understand why some people might not be overly fond of someone who finds golf boring. I can understand why people like Brooks but I can't understand how people can't understand why others don't like him. My favourite golfers are Tiger, Spieth and DeChambeau and I can assure you that I understand why many don't like them.

> > >

> > > None of this detracts from the incredible performance he is putting on.

> >

> > When did Brooks say he found golf boring?

>

> https://www.golfdigest.com/story/he-just-won-the-us-open-but-brooks-koepka-would-rather-be-playing-baseball

>

> "Golf is kind of boring, not much action. I come from a baseball family, and it’s in my blood"

>

> That's absolutely fine but I just have difficulty warming to it. He's still a beast.

Serves him well. Like,

Ho hum, this is easy, whatever.

The rest of the tour should encourage him to do an MJ and go try baseball.

• Like 1

> > @fredstar said:

> > > > @Cwebb said:

> > > > > > @Cwebb said:

> > > > > > I want to see a list of guys currently on the PGA Tour, who some here would find "really entertaining", if they were doing what Koepka has done for the last two years. It must be a really short list

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Most find Koepka's game to be comparatively uninteresting because he doesn't have the short game magic of other guys or the miraculous powers of recovery or the emotions of other guys. Koepka hits fairways and greens and doesn't blink an eye -- that's impressive but not overly entertaining to me at least. There aren't many guys on tour who don't at least have one of those things (magic short game, recovery skills, emotions) but Brooks (and DJ) is one of them.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > OWGR

> > >

> > > 2. Justin Rose - not his biggest fan but he has a beautiful swing and acts as though he cares. YES.

> > > 4. Rory McIlroy - not his biggest fan but the kid loves to win, great swing. YES.

> > > 8. Bryson DeChambaeu - everything about this guy (minus pace of play) is entertaining. YES.

> > > 9. Xander Schauffle - gets it done through grit and determination, out of position a lot but fights and shows he cares. YES.

> > > 10. Rickie Fowler - never been huge on Rickie but he loves the game and has those special shots when he needs them. YES>

> > > 12. Paul Casey - nothing particularly exciting about his game but he shows he cares. YES.

> > > 14. Jason Day - has that amazing short game when he's at his best and shows he cares. YES.

> > >

> > > I could go on but I think you can get the jist of why I like a lot of other guys more than Brooks.

> > >

> > > You don't have to care whether someone shows their emotions but it's one of the things I find exciting. It's not an anti-Koepka conspiracy it's just that many of us can't wrap our heads around how you couldn't understand why some people might not be overly fond of someone who finds golf boring. I can understand why people like Brooks but I can't understand how people can't understand why others don't like him. My favourite golfers are Tiger, Spieth and DeChambeau and I can assure you that I understand why many don't like them.

> > >

> >

> > So you basically like anyone that "shows he cares"?

>

> Yes, and it's fine if you don't, I'm just trying to explain why I (and some others) prefer other guys to Brooks.

If he didn’t care, he wouldn’t put in the work necessary to be as good as he is.

Ping G400 Testing G410.  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.  
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

> > @DatSliceDoe said:

> > > > @Cwebb said:

> > > > > > @Cwebb said:

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > OWGR

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > When did Brooks say he found golf boring?

>

> https://www.golfdigest.com/story/he-just-won-the-us-open-but-brooks-koepka-would-rather-be-playing-baseball

>

> "Golf is kind of boring, not much action. I come from a baseball family, and it’s in my blood"

>

> That's absolutely fine but I just have difficulty warming to it. He's still a beast.

Ha! I could argue the same about baseball.

> > @lowheel said:

> > > > @Cwebb said:

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > yikes...

>

> Why "yikes"? Brooks is an incredible golfer but his game isn't something I find to be overly exciting. I understand why people like his game but it isn't for me and I'm trying to explain why.

Serious question. Are you a tiger fan? (its not a knock because im tiger fan.) define to me whats not exciting about Brooks playing out of his mind? Im also a Phil fan and when i saw Stenson and him duel it out in 2016 for the British Stenson was emotionless until he made his birdie on 18 for a 63. You want fist pumps ? incredible escapes? not every player brings that to the table.You would have really hated Faldo if thats the case. Just like everyday life all personalities are different. Some are more extrovert. You might not see it but Brooks is grinding right now. its just his personality

> @dlygrisse said:

> > > @fredstar said:

> > > > > @Cwebb said:

> > > > > > @"FIRs&GIRs&3-Putts" said:

> > > > > > > @Cwebb said:

> > > > > > > I want to see a list of guys currently on the PGA Tour, who some here would find "really entertaining", if they were doing what Koepka has done for the last two years. It must be a really short list

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Why would it be a short list?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Most find Koepka's game to be comparatively uninteresting because he doesn't have the short game magic of other guys or the miraculous powers of recovery or the emotions of other guys. Koepka hits fairways and greens and doesn't blink an eye -- that's impressive but not overly entertaining to me at least. There aren't many guys on tour who don't at least have one of those things (magic short game, recovery skills, emotions) but Brooks (and DJ) is one of them.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > If Brooks finds golf boring why should we find his game entertaining?

> > > > >

> > > > > I'm interested in your list

> > > >

> > > > OWGR

> > > >

> > > > 1. Dustin Johnson - for me, pretty much the same as Brooks. NO.

> > > > 2. Justin Rose - not his biggest fan but he has a beautiful swing and acts as though he cares. YES.

> > > > 3. Brooks Koepka - already explained. NO.

> > > > 4. Rory McIlroy - not his biggest fan but the kid loves to win, great swing. YES.

> > > > 5. Justin Thomas - wears his heart on his sleeve and goes for broke. YES.

> > > > 6. Tiger Woods - do I need to explain? YES.

> > > > 7. Francesco Molinari - meh. NO.

> > > > 8. Bryson DeChambaeu - everything about this guy (minus pace of play) is entertaining. YES.

> > > > 9. Xander Schauffle - gets it done through grit and determination, out of position a lot but fights and shows he cares. YES.

> > > > 10. Rickie Fowler - never been huge on Rickie but he loves the game and has those special shots when he needs them. YES>

> > > > 11. Jon Rahm - definitely wears his heart on his sleeve. YES.

> > > > 12. Paul Casey - nothing particularly exciting about his game but he shows he cares. YES.

> > > > 13. Matt Kuchar - ditto. YES.

> > > > 14. Jason Day - has that amazing short game when he's at his best and shows he cares. YES.

> > > > 15. Tony Finau - shows he cares. YES.

> > > >

> > > > I could go on but I think you can get the jist of why I like a lot of other guys more than Brooks.

> > > >

> > > > You don't have to care whether someone shows their emotions but it's one of the things I find exciting. It's not an anti-Koepka conspiracy it's just that many of us can't wrap our heads around how you couldn't understand why some people might not be overly fond of someone who finds golf boring. I can understand why people like Brooks but I can't understand how people can't understand why others don't like him. My favourite golfers are Tiger, Spieth and DeChambeau and I can assure you that I understand why many don't like them.

> > > >

> > > > None of this detracts from the incredible performance he is putting on.

> > >

> > > So you basically like anyone that "shows he cares"?

> >

> > Yes, and it's fine if you don't, I'm just trying to explain why I (and some others) prefer other guys to Brooks.

> If he didn’t care, he wouldn’t put in the work necessary to be as good as he is.

>

Oh he cares in so far as he views it as his job and he works incredibly hard but caring in terms of the moment, the history, I don't see it as much as other guys. He's brilliant and it's not like I root against him or stop watching but I like to see the love of the game in a guys eyes when he's playing or once he is finished, I don't understand how you can just "get bored" in the middle of the round but it works for him and he plays incredible.

> > @lowheel said:

> > > > @Cwebb said:

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > yikes...

>

> Why "yikes"? Brooks is an incredible golfer but his game isn't something I find to be overly exciting. I understand why people like his game but it isn't for me and I'm trying to explain why.

He may not be Mr Charisma but watching him absolutely pound the ball is pretty cool.

• Like 1

Nike Tour Premiere
Nike TW13
Jordan Flight Runner
Ecco Biom Hybrid
Nike TW14 Masters 
Nike React Vapor 2
Nike AM97

Sim Max driver
M6 3, 5 woods
Vokey SM7 wedges
Scotty Fastback T22

> @DatSliceDoe said:

> > > @Cwebb said:

> > > > > @Cwebb said:

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> > OWGR

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

> When did Brooks say he found golf boring?

He specifically said he got bored during them middle of a round and had to work to keep his interest up.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @lowheel said:

> > > @lowheel said:

> > > > > @Cwebb said:

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > yikes...

> >

> > Why "yikes"? Brooks is an incredible golfer but his game isn't something I find to be overly exciting. I understand why people like his game but it isn't for me and I'm trying to explain why.

>

> Serious question. Are you a tiger fan? (its not a knock because im tiger fan.) define to me whats not exciting about Brooks playing out of his mind? Im also a Phil fan and when i saw Stenson and him duel it out in 2016 for the British Stenson was emotionless until he made his birdie on 18 for a 63. You want fist pumps ? incredible escapes? not every player brings that to the table.You would have really hated Faldo if thats the case.

I am a Tiger fan, my other two favourites are Spieth and Bryson. Quite simply, I like to see the magic short game or the incredible escapes and the guys losing it when they win. I actually admire on-course stoicism -- I could learn a lot from it -- but I like to see excitement after the win like Stenson in 2016, unfortunately, I couldn't watch Stenson-Phil live.

Sure, not every guy brings it to the table but I really enjoy the ones who do. I'm too young for Faldo I'm afraid and he wasn't a nice man when I met him so my judgment might be clouded but, no, I probably wouldn't have been a huge Faldo fan.

Brooks is just a little too fairways and greens for me and I do find it difficult to warm to a guy who would rather be playing another sport. Nothing against people who like him, my dad has been tracking Brooks for pretty much his whole career and loves him but I guess I never inherited that.

> @tsecor said:

> this may be one of the worst majors in history as far as excitement is concerned

for drama? sure but its historic. Enjoy it for that. Kaymer did the same thing in 2014. Rory did it in 2013 at the pga and 2011 at the US Open.When 1 player is simply that much better that week all you can do is tip your cap and admire it.

• Like 2

> @MountainGoat said:

> > @Moo said:

> > Tiger might have been a little bit hurt or swinging with the intention of preventing a major injury. Several times with the driver it looked like his left side was high, like he wasn't turning through it.

>

> Either Tiger was terrible because he didn’t practice, or Tiger was terrible because he couldn’t practice. Doesn’t matter. Either way, Tiger was terrible. He can’t just show up and expect everyone to run scared. He got smoked in front of his own crowd on a course he knows well. This won’t be the last time.

>

Said it then I'll say it again: Tiger winning The Masters this year was the result of a perfect storm. Slower greens due to all the rain. Everytime he was wild off the tee, he had an escape to the green.

It was just his week. But as a result of this, we went from "Will Tiger ever win again?" To "Tiger s back! He's gonna catch Jack easy now!"